Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 17, 2014 7:24 PM

Apr 2012
Best episode thus far. Action, tragedy, and much less obvious censoring.

Now I just have one question: Since Marcos is MARS rank #9, and it would stand to reason that the six head honchos and Akari are likely ranks 1-7, who is rank #8 and how good are they?
Oct 17, 2014 8:25 PM

Sep 2013
R.I.P Sheila :(

FateHero said:
Now I just have one question: Since Marcos is MARS rank #9, and it would stand to reason that the six head honchos and Akari are likely ranks 1-7, who is rank #8 and how good are they?

He's the red haired guy Komachi said to come with him along with Marcos, he's good as expected :)

The narration is one of my favorite things of this, "NAY" boom knee shot XD
THEY HAVE BEEN STOLEN!
ichii_1Oct 17, 2014 8:36 PM
Oct 17, 2014 8:28 PM

Jun 2014
NO CENSORSHIP

WOO BABY
Oct 17, 2014 8:41 PM

Jun 2014
Tokoya said:
For those who bitching over all the Sheila scenes, she, Marcos and Alex all got good character development prior to this moment in the story

However, the anime decided to skip most/all of it so blame them not the mangaka/series itself. If you anime only's have gotten that stuff then this would have had more of an impact than it does now

Anyway, FINALLY I can fucking enjoy this series without the ridiculous censors....I can actually say that I enjoyed watching an episode of this series

Also

I second this. Alex, Marcos, and Sheila actually had pretty good development in the manga...one of the reasons why I was so disappointed that they skipped their back stories in the anime >.>

And holy crap, where did you get those uncensored screenshots from?
La familia es todo.
Oct 17, 2014 9:32 PM
Nov 2010
Anyone figure out what she was trying to say to the captain? I was thinking Thank you or I like You or something. Overall its kinda a shame to see her dead but I didn't really think there was enough emotional attachment yet. I definitely was surprised that the roach was still able to kill her through the net.

It still seems weird how the roaches were able to get that technology from the first expedition. Did they just consume them and absorb their DNA or just cut into them and put the glands in their own hands.

I kinda like how they can all have different animals. It kinda got me thinking what biological attributes would you choose to try to survive some killer giant roaches. I haven't watched enough National Geographic and Discovery channel to know though lol xD I also think this could also turn kinda lame or childish pretty fast. I guess we'll see how this pans out.

I get what some are saying about the manga not skipping the character development but it's perfectly fair to hold it against them. We're discussing the anime in the anime discussion thread. So yeah, hold it against the anime and the producers/director not including it. lol.
yngtadpoleOct 17, 2014 9:47 PM
Oct 17, 2014 9:53 PM
Oct 2013
yngtadpole said:
Anyone figure out what she was trying to say to the captain?

She seemed to be blurring out the letter "a", so it would seem to be either "Aishiteru" or "Anata no koto ga suki.". Both meaning "I love you."

Anyway decent episode. I don't see how anyone that does not read the manga could possibly care about this death as even in the manga with the backstory her death had quite a small impact. I'm just wondering what's going on with the censors. Not complaining though.

Edit: If I could choose any animal at all then most likely the best one would be an insect. As the series seems to completely ignore the laws of physics, the abilities and strengths of a spider or ant or maybe even a mite would probably be the best if scaled to human size.
drikkevdvOct 17, 2014 10:02 PM
Oct 17, 2014 9:58 PM

Aug 2013
Skipped a lot. If I wasn't a manga reader, I wouldn't even feel a thing when Sheila died. Looks sadder seeing it animated :/
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 17, 2014 10:27 PM

Jan 2010
yngtadpole said:
I get what some are saying about the manga not skipping the character development but it's perfectly fair to hold it against them. We're discussing the anime in the anime discussion thread. So yeah, hold it against the anime and the producers/director not including it. lol.

People aren't saying don't hold it against the anime and the producers they are saying don't hold it against the author since he doesn't get to make the decisions on what all gets to be included in the actual show its self. If they had a lot of say I'm sure they would include every detail from their original story. I agree with you though blame the anime for screwing up this very emotional part of the story.

Since I read the manga I actually felt for Sheila she was one of the most likable characters just like the captains gf for those of you who watched the OVA you'll know who I'm talking about but won't get the comparison unless you read the manga.

If they actually went into the detailed back stories like the manga did this show would get bad ratings cause all people would do is complain more about how slow the show is progressing. Honesly from a fans standpoint this is a very hard manga to make a show off of. The pacing and detail are hard to figure out in just 30 minute segments.
A man who knows nothing and says something IS the dumbest person alive. A man who knows something and says nothing could possibly be the smartest person in the world -Unknown

Oct 17, 2014 10:54 PM

Aug 2013
Kind of disappointed they're killing off "main" characters so soon. I can understand all the trash that don't even have names or speaking roles, but they're killing off people that they set to be major parts of the show.

I could understand if they did that to maybe 1 person, like Elena, but 2 in two episodes? Idk, seems a bit excessive to me.

dunsparcedude said:
Are those sudden flashbacks supposed to make me feel for the dying characters? This is just as bad as Akame ga Kill.

And biggest troll of the year award goes to ^
Oct 17, 2014 11:03 PM
Jun 2014
That episode was pretty good actually. Wonder if there's going to be any characters left by the time the show ends or if the deaths will slow down a little.
Oct 17, 2014 11:21 PM

Oct 2013
Are people asking for Character development in Terra formars? Lmao!

I'm up to chapter 85, and I see little to no character development, The main character barely even gets screen time, or interaction much less to get character development. Michelle does gets some character development.

To me this show has too many characters. And because of that the mangaka doesn't give the main character that much focus.
Oct 17, 2014 11:56 PM
Mar 2014
Poor Sheila. Though there wasn't a strong connection since we didn't have a ton of screentime with her, it was still pretty sad to see :( At least she told him in the end. The roaches though, stealing technology and showing they are something else >.>
Oct 18, 2014 2:22 AM

Jun 2013
another one bite the dust hhh
Oct 18, 2014 3:20 AM

Jul 2014
The death flag is clear as hell, I'm not too surprised with her death.

Eh I want to see Akari in action already, he doesn't feel like the protagonist this far :/
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Oct 18, 2014 4:12 AM

Jan 2014
I believe the Sheila's chest had minor censoring but beside that, there was non. No humans were hurt to the extend that they had body parts ripped off, and they only seem to censor people as the roaches has never been censored.

Decent episode...
Oct 18, 2014 5:08 AM

Oct 2008
Pretty decent episode this time around. Not many reasons to feel sad for Sheila, but it was still nicely executed.

No censor really, since no humans were killed.
Oct 18, 2014 5:33 AM
Dec 2008
Censors were gone :)
Oct 18, 2014 5:54 AM
May 2011
I don't get why people complaining about fan-girl dying. Finally she is dead!!! That's it!! We must all celebrate!!!
Oct 18, 2014 7:34 AM
Nov 2013
Good episode. The censorship wasn't too bad this time, at least no black screens.
Oct 18, 2014 8:17 AM

Jan 2013
I just want the anime to finish as fast as possible, I don't want to watch it anymore ;_;
That cockroaches look so disgusting, I hate them ;_;

Oct 18, 2014 9:50 AM
Jul 2018
Nice episode. Not censoring for starters.
Those roaches are the wrost thing ever.
Oct 18, 2014 10:23 AM

Mar 2012
Massacre. Will everyone die in a pointless way?
Oct 18, 2014 10:25 AM

Dec 2010
darkreaver94 said:
I don't really feel anything when Sheila died. In fact, I don't remember her. That is how forgettable the characters are.

same here. i just remember her liking the captain? and marcos likes her?? usually i get caught up pairings (especially if one dies omg) but here, nothing. that flashback at the end just dragged the episode out for me.

tbh i thought marcos was really annoying until now, he was cool in the end there heh ^^a

and SERIOUSLY this show has less hope than snk. i want a happy ending but i don't see one ;A; [mental note: check out the manga]
Oct 18, 2014 10:40 AM

Jul 2012
ah, yeah this is like shingeki no kyojin. lots of character deaths but no feels. but interesting episode overall.
Oct 18, 2014 11:16 AM

Jun 2012
That was pretty bad ass when that dude went crazy. I was waiting for these transformations.
Oct 18, 2014 11:38 AM

Jun 2010
R.I.P sheila.

lol there are gonna be a lot of Eren Jeager-ish characters from this point on.

no better motivation than revenge.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Oct 18, 2014 12:07 PM

May 2012
04:24 muscular bug!!

08:30 the heck

6.5/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Oct 18, 2014 1:07 PM
Dec 2010
Finally some improvement over the past episodes in that we are finally censorfree and finally have a human that actually stands a chance against the roackes.

But at the same time, we get another pointless death with no (or rather too late) background, and we learn that those friggin roaches have learned how to do a Hadouken.

Eh, still an improvement even with those flaws.
Oct 18, 2014 2:25 PM

Feb 2008
They really dragged the action scenes. Less intermissions, more butt-kicking would be more appropriate. Somehow, the whole plot, or at least the way they present it, doesn't make much sense.

At least it wasn't only OP roaches against weaklings this week.
Oct 18, 2014 6:28 PM

Mar 2010
Finally some payback.. and poor shelia...
Oct 18, 2014 7:03 PM

Jun 2013
Looks like they pulled the plug on censoring (or at least toned it down a bit).
Anyway, RIP Sheila... your chances of surviving this mission were slim since episode one to be honest.
Oct 18, 2014 8:50 PM

Jun 2013
I like how people are scared to admit this show is good without the censors, in fear of being ostracized. It's OK guys, you don't have to try so hard to fit in.

As for the character development, from what I hear there really is not much in Terraformars (manga), so don't expect it here either.
Oct 18, 2014 8:52 PM

Jul 2012
ex_necross said:
I like how people are scared to admit this show is good without the censors, in fear of being ostracized. It's OK guys, you don't have to try so hard to fit in.

i always thought it was decent even with censors lol but like damn, this is the type of show that if you show any signs of liking it, you will get bashed on
Oct 18, 2014 8:53 PM

Jun 2013
mayukachan said:
ex_necross said:

i always thought it was decent even with censors lol but like damn, this is the type of show that if you show any signs of liking it, you will get bashed on

I know it's pretty pathetic. People keep saying "that was good... I guess." or "that was goodish" LMFAO like really? REALLY? People are so funny sometimes.
Oct 18, 2014 8:54 PM

Jul 2012
ex_necross said:
mayukachan said:

I know it's pretty pathetic. People keep saying "that was good... I guess." or "that was goodish" LMFAO like really? REALLY? People are so funny sometimes.

yeah it's like shingeki no kyojin or ngnl. you have to say its overrated to be cool
Oct 18, 2014 8:57 PM

Jun 2013
mayukachan said:
ex_necross said:

yeah it's like shingeki no kyojin or ngnl. you have to say its overrated to be cool

Well.. I might have to refrain from that one xD
Oct 18, 2014 10:31 PM

Sep 2013
I cant stop getting used to that opening!

RIP Sheila, you will be missed (I actually thought she would survive but I was wrong)

Loved it when the guy blew his top and went ham on the roaches, was beautiful!

Can't wait for the next episode!!

Oct 19, 2014 12:11 AM

Apr 2014
This was a much better episode than the first 3. There was a reveal at the end which tied into what the dude back on Earth said about everyone having a rank and a position.

I didn't notice any censorship, but the fight before the credits was pretty good.

The character who died was a bit of a shame but it was a bit forced the way they milked it.

I guess most people have dropped this now which is fair enough. I don't think this show is building to anything in particular but I hope to see some great monster fights.

Did anyone else laugh or smile when they saw that Shark Man?
Oct 19, 2014 1:53 AM

Jun 2014
Best episode so far - no censors, roaches were getting killed, stuff was going on.

Dat adorable flashback doe
Oct 19, 2014 2:22 AM

Feb 2013
preeching to the choir dude!
Aridus said:
Best episode so far - no censors, roaches were getting killed, stuff was going on.

Dat adorable flashback doe

Totally agreed, liked this ep a lot, by far the best one atm
Oct 19, 2014 4:16 AM
Jan 2012
There is censor even in this episode. Right when the roach killed Sheila. My screen went black LOL.

I thought the pace will be too fast. But turn out its dragging like hell i mean the fighting to the point it pretty annoying (they better do adolf's fight correctly). Dont really like the animation style, still holding on cos i like the manga.
Oct 19, 2014 4:20 AM

Apr 2014
Other than spending too much time on Sheila dying it was very good.

looket all them demons
oh boy am i scared
i better run

Oct 19, 2014 5:03 AM

Jun 2014
This episode wasn't censored I'm happy about that!
Oct 19, 2014 9:36 AM

Dec 2013
No censoring makes for a great show.
The fights were dirty like I expected them to be, though I didn't expect Sheila to get offed so quickly. The flashbacks were really good to watch. Hopefully we don't get those of people who've already died though.

First episode that made me want to see more XD
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 19, 2014 11:16 AM

Jul 2012
Is it bad I couldn't care less about Sheilla? I mean, there's been close to no character development throughout the anime, the most has obviously been for the MC. Like maybe Im just too used to watching main characters getting wrecked but this just feels weak.
Oct 19, 2014 5:13 PM

Jul 2012
Snakes said:
Is it bad I couldn't care less about Sheilla?

Majority of us feel that way too. You can't really expect viewers to care about a character that's been on for less than four episodes. Same with shows like Another and Akame ga Kill.
Oct 19, 2014 6:40 PM

Jul 2009
ok, now I'm mad
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Oct 19, 2014 11:16 PM

May 2013
RIP IN PIECES SHEILA ;-;
Oct 20, 2014 11:49 AM

Jan 2014
The best episode so far. I liked it.
Oct 20, 2014 11:57 AM

Dec 2013
Ok, at first I thought that it was the censors at fault, but now I see that the whole source material is kinda crap or maybe they just really compressed a ton of chapters. Don't know why this show is taking such a turn with all the sad flashbacks, like we will care about it.

1/5.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2014

194 by JVskunkape »»
May 16, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2014

250 by JVskunkape »»
May 14, 11:04 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2014

348 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 30, 2:59 AM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2014

125 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2014

73 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 10:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.