Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 18, 2014 3:53 PM
Apr 2014
"Mika's such a bitch" "Ugh can't wait for Mika to die" "I hate Mika"
...Am I the only one who thinks her character resembles Ginoza from the beginning of season 1??

Gino didn't have any respect towards the Enforcers and called Akane foolish for placing her trust in them and treating them as equals... similar to how Mika is acting now. In his case, he had some good character development and now believes in Akane's way of doing things. Who knows? Mika may undergo the same development.

Either way, I personally think the hate on her character is excessive. I don't recall people hating on Ginoza to that extent during S1 tbh
Oct 18, 2014 4:58 PM

Dec 2010
mileenx said:
...Am I the only one who thinks her character resembles Ginoza from the beginning of season 1??

Gino didn't have any respect towards the Enforcers and called Akane foolish for placing her trust in them and treating them as equals... similar to how Mika is acting now. In his case, he had some good character development and now believes in Akane's way of doing things. Who knows? Mika may undergo the same development.

Either way, I personally think the hate on her character is excessive. I don't recall people hating on Ginoza to that extent during S1 tbh
Gino didn't show that disrespect to his seniors. And he never treated the Enforcers like human shields.
Oct 18, 2014 6:18 PM

Jan 2013
Only 11 episodes.
Well that was pretty good.
Oct 18, 2014 10:28 PM

Jul 2012
Okay. Sold. I'm interested.

Oct 18, 2014 10:44 PM

Jun 2012
Meritas said:
Gal3riel said:
want kougami NOW
This. The new Enoforcers may be cool on their own and all but the whole Enforcer crew lacks presence right now. It's not just Kogami, Old Man and Kagari were both giving the Team quality as well. And Ginoza is not exactly helping right now.

I miss the Old Man and Kagari so much, especially the Old Man. I prefered the old Enforcers. Not saying the current ones are bad, but I do agree that they lack presence.

Meritas said:

And the new villain is actually an Art good? Tsk, this is gonna be difficult
Aaaaargh, don't mention his name. Must. Not. Remember.
Oct 18, 2014 10:49 PM

Jan 2014
Really like the new 'villain' from what we've seen so far.

Don't forget that the real villain is Sybil.
Oct 19, 2014 3:18 AM

Mar 2012
Digitalcommunist said:
Really like the new 'villain' from what we've seen so far.

Don't forget that the real villain is Sybil.

Yepp you're right!
I'm also still keep falling for this new bad boy guy, Kamui it is?
At first I thought he just gonna be a duplicate of Makeshima bc in first episode he really seemed cold but after this episode 0.0 OH MY KOKORO! He really cryied! So I think he is different <3
Oct 19, 2014 9:49 AM

Mar 2013
Good Episode. The story looks interesting until now. I love the idea of a 'ghost', it is a good addition to the show. Seriously though, WC? That's a very lame acronym.
My Anime List
My Manga List

Now Playing: Final Fantasy IX
Oct 19, 2014 2:30 PM

Jan 2014
Good episode. Excited to see where it's going to go from here.
Oct 19, 2014 3:12 PM

Jul 2010
Ah, so that's why Akane is trying to let smoke smell stick to her; It reminds her of Kogami.

I really wonder what's driving this new villain. What exactly did he expect Akane to understand?

Oct 19, 2014 6:57 PM

Aug 2014
Way more interesting than the first episode.
"Whatever happens, happens."

Oct 19, 2014 7:31 PM

Apr 2013
That was a sick episode. As always, Mika still sucks (as do all the other inspectors) but we got to see a lot more of that new kick-ass (and still emotionally alone) Akane. That lighted cigarettes scene was just amazing. And this is me trying to wait for Kougami to make an appearance and reunite with Akane:

Oct 19, 2014 9:08 PM

Jan 2012
why not just write the entire word than the acronym? then he goes emo that she didnt got it fast enough. what a DA
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Oct 19, 2014 10:28 PM

Sep 2013
Isnt this just a copy of the first season?
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Oct 20, 2014 1:22 AM

Mar 2012
Ah god this ep tho- so many feelings about everyone it's insane.

Akane's character development from episode 1 of the first season is just- GAH. ITS LIKE WATCHING YOUR CHILD GROW AND KICKASS (Which isn't too far from the truth.) I don't think I want Kougami to pop in yet, it's just way too early and unnecessary. And that smoking scene may be a homage to him, but honestly I think it's just showing how much she's changed since before. But idk

Mika is... Stupid. I don't exactly hate her, but many, many times I grit my teeth at how damn idiotic and self-righteous she acts. Which is funny because in this case she's the "innocent" one, not knowing anything about anyone as opposed to Akane's prior innocence. And I know this is very far off into the distance, but her disapproval with Akane's way of treating Enforcers makes me believe that she'll either A) have a change in heart later on, or B) seriously injure one of the Enforcer colleagues, like that red-haired quiet guy. Or maybe she'll even side with that Kamui guy. Like damn.

That new enforcer guy idk his name I forgot, the one who sparred with the machine thing, I... Don't have much thoughts on him. That OP makes him pretty sketch, but there's a part where his face and Kougami's clash, so that means something. Love rivalry? Or something like "I'M A BETTER PARTNER FOR INSPECTOR TSUNEMORI HAHAHAAHA"

OH, that Kamui (cough Senketsu cough) guy. I predict a lot of misunderstanding to follow here. Kamui would be all "TSUNEMORI AKANE Y U NO UNDERSTAND," and Akane would say "WELL BISCUITS I DO, BUT YOU IS CRAZY" and he'd say "IM NOT YOU AND YOUR SOCIETY IS." and back and forth and la di da. Something like that.

WC = What Color?
I'm guessing its red. Hues aside.

Oh damn, I almost forgot, therapist guy. He's a little sus imo. Very sus, actually. He might've been the one who scratched that WC? in Akane's room. How else would he know she smokes, her smelling like it aside? Also if he's *such* a good therapist, why on earth did Ginoza's hue keep rising? I can't help but think he's got something to do with that.

On that note, as much as I love Kougami and Akane, Ginoza and her make me too happy. That bonding tho.

"I've been working as an inspector for a year and a half. I won't let my hue get clouded so easily." Says Mika.

Meanwhile Ginoza inwardly cackles in the distance.

Best.
Oct 20, 2014 2:22 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Bahaha, I liked Mika's response to the toilet suggestion, that was my first thought too. I think things are starting to shape up more here, like someone said back a few posts, I think the plot definitely revolves around the Hue Checks of people and whatever our antagonist is up to. As for the new characters, I personally like Mika, on the other hand I find that red haired guy we don't really know much about kinda apathetic but I'm interested with this Tougane guy to say the least.

Again, a good episode, and I think things'll just get better.
Oct 20, 2014 7:35 AM

Nov 2013
I have a feeling that I'll like the villain more than the protagonists just like in the first season...
Oct 20, 2014 7:59 AM

Sep 2013
Not sure how I feel about Akane sitting around with light cigarettes. Does she do it to help her think and keep her sharp like she was with Kuogami? Or does she do it because she misses him and wants him to be near her? I really hope it is not the later. I never liked the two together romantically, but it seems to suggest it....

I think it's too early to say if this season is better or worse then the last. I do like that the "villain" seems to have some connection to Akane even if she doesn't know what it is.
Spending more time thinking about the fictional world than reality.
Oct 20, 2014 8:39 AM

Jul 2012
Xynic said:

Not really, as the villain this time is actually targeting Akane specifically. Seems like its more personal and he holds a larger resentment against Sybil.
Oct 20, 2014 11:38 AM

Jul 2012
^ I'm not gonna argue because we've only seen two episodes. It can go either way at the moment. I'm assuming it's the Hamatora guy so I think the ideas will turn out to be decent (because Hamatora had a decent premise, just bad execution)
Oct 20, 2014 12:15 PM

Sep 2013
Xynic said:

It's only been two episodes. It's too soon to say yet.

Anime fans are notoriously hard to please. (good or bad). So many people have already made up their minds. Even if it is a copy, if it is a good copy, why not just enjoy it. I love Psycho Pass and would welcome a dozen more seasons. If this was a regular tv show I don't know if we would be having this debate.
Spending more time thinking about the fictional world than reality.
Oct 20, 2014 2:06 PM

Sep 2012

Those eyes.
Oct 20, 2014 7:45 PM

Jun 2009
Akane is just getting better and better, and is becoming one of the best female character I've ever seen.

Not only she work under a system she don't like, she's also aware of the system's weakness and able to adapt to it.

Utilizing her teammates to the best of efficiency, reading of people, calmness and able to see bigger picture in a close minded society... Her growth in her short 2 year career, nothing short of amazing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2014 9:06 PM

Jun 2009
When the inspector Akane was talking to said "There's no such thing as a person who can't be seen by the Sibyl System" (still an awesomely meaningful name btw) ....I was thinking "where was she in season one?" I mean they found out two years ago (even before that, when Kogami was still an inspector) that it was possible to commit crimes and have a clear psychopass an on top of that there were helmets produced that could disguise a cloudy psychopass with that of a clear one nearby and those were unprecedented events for what was thought to be an infallible system.

That said, I just find it odd that she would discount Akane's theory when she was partially involved in the prior events (Kogami was assigned to her division 2 for a bit) and it's unlikely she was clueless as to those events regardless of how covert the cleanup was supposed to be. After Kitagawa cut her and ran off though she really seemed like she couldn't believe someone with a clear psychopass could do that.

That lethal eliminator is something else O_o
Oct 20, 2014 9:20 PM

Jun 2009
kelken said:
When the inspector Akane was talking to said "There's no such thing as a person who can't be seen by the Sibyl System" (still an awesomely meaningful name btw) ....I was thinking "where was she in season one?" I mean they found out two years ago (even before that, when Kogami was still an inspector) that it was possible to commit crimes and have a clear psychopass an on top of that there were helmets produced that could disguise a cloudy psychopass with that of a clear one nearby and those were unprecedented events for what was thought to be an infallible system.

That said, I just find it odd that she would discount Akane's theory when she was partially involved in the prior events (Kogami was assigned to her division 2 for a bit) and it's unlikely she was clueless as to those events regardless of how covert the cleanup was supposed to be. After Kitagawa cut her and ran off though she really seemed like she couldn't believe someone with a clear psychopass could do that.

Cannot be seen not cannot be judge.

The new villain is like invisible.

Makishima is visible, and can be caught by camera, they just can't judge him with Sibyl System.

Please take what she says more literally.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2014 10:02 PM

Nov 2013
Good episode.

I hope Kougami makes a return sometime this season.

Kamui seems interesting, I hope he gets more screentime so we learn more about him.

Akane's been a lot cooler this season. Not Kougami level but she's getting there.

That ED. So fucking badass.

Bumped up the rating from a 7 to an 8

Oct 21, 2014 3:25 AM

May 2009
I'm very curious about the way they will work this story out. I still think they should introduce Kougami very soon as I'm missing some "excitement vibes" he always seem to make. However I think Tsunemori's character development went from insecure girl to bad-ass leader. Her character is something else: it's awesome. I love that development.

I do worry about the amount of episodes though. I thought 22 episode for the first season was already less than I wanted to see, but now only 11..? Hopefully they will not speed everything up in the end. That would be a shame.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Oct 21, 2014 4:25 AM

Jun 2008
A lot better than the first episode. Also is nice seeing that the person behind this acts isn't another Makishima clone but a different kind of person with his own type of thinking.

lilypippili said:

LPGeneratorx said:
Also, fuck Mika for disrespecting Ginoza like that.

That really made me want to punch her

Lol fangirls going crazy because Mika insulted one of their pretty boys.

retepeters said:

i think WC means what color, the question the nutjob asked

So you think huh? Despite being obvious as hell?

deadoptimist said:

But the writing is bad. It is illogical and even breaks the rules of their universe a little.

Wtf are you talking about? There was nothing illogical here or breaking their universe. If you don't understand what you are watching then ask.

Vexper said:
Ambient_ said:
I still don't know why the Lethal Eliminator mode exists. Why would detectives have a weapon that effectively obliterates the evidence/lead? Autopsies can be very useful yanno.

I thought this in the first series, they can't detain anyone who is at a crazy PP level and use them to further investigations and such. But with that being said, I think that's why they train in physical combat still. That ain't so useful when inspectors are trigger happy though, not sure why the other inspector butted in and shot him when they were clearly conversing and already had a gun on him.

You are watching the second season and you still don't get how their world works? The system doesn't want officers to be very detective like. Police officers aren't like current investigators. The system is suppose to be flawless. Questioning it isn't even something to think about(unless you are Akane that knows what the system is or an enforcer). The system just detects problematic people and they go to catch them or execute them. They are simply the enforcer hands of the Sybil system not the brain. Thinking too much and keeping every evidence possible isn't in the job description.
MonadOct 21, 2014 4:34 AM
Oct 21, 2014 11:54 AM
Apr 2014
Meritas said:
mileenx said:

Gino didn't show that disrespect to his seniors. And he never treated the Enforcers like human shields.

By senior do you mean by age or position? If you mean by position, then Mika's definitely a higher rank than an Enforcer..... and if you mean by age, Ginoza's dad is older than him but it didn't stop him from from being disrespectful. Also, even if he didn't explicitly say that enforcers should be used as human shields, there were times in s1 where he would give the more life-threatening tasks to the enforcers.

My point is that he used to do things by the book, follow protocol without viewing things from a different perspective, like Akane, and he didn't treat enforcers as equals - everything Mika does now except everyone's shitting on her more for it
Oct 21, 2014 12:14 PM

Mar 2012
That's better, starting to get some vibes from the first season. Interested to see how the story plays out.
Oct 21, 2014 12:28 PM

Sep 2012
i'm actually okay with mika, like yes she's a brat but take that with a grain of salt. she's just loud about her opinions (just hasn't figured out *which* authority she should be questioning, ahem) and also doesn't know much about everything like akane & co. i'm sure she'll even out in time. i mean if not, she'll probably get killed
Oct 21, 2014 2:19 PM

Mar 2013
good episode - it is getting interesting.

that cigarette scene...Tsunemori really misses Kougami , like us.

Mika is still annoying

that Tougane guy is still suspicious
Oct 21, 2014 11:30 PM

Jun 2009
AirStyles said:
kelken said:

Cannot be seen not cannot be judge.

The new villain is like invisible.

Makishima is visible, and can be caught by camera, they just can't judge him with Sibyl System.

Please take what she says more literally.

I was just pointing out how odd it was for her to be so surprised at an unprecedented development when an unprecedented event that she was previously involved with (somewhat) and not that long ago already proved that the Sibyl system was not infallible...not comparing the two events/antogonists b/c they are irrelevant to my point but rather the context. Please...ah whatever...
Oct 22, 2014 12:49 AM
May 2014
kelken said:
I was just pointing out how odd it was for her to be so surprised at an unprecedented development when an unprecedented event that she was previously involved with (somewhat) and not that long ago already proved that the Sibyl system was not infallible...not comparing the two events/antogonists b/c they are irrelevant to my point but rather the context. Please...ah whatever...

I'm not sure, but wasn't that part kept within Akane's team (iow, dominators don't work on him etc)?
If it was, those outside of that team in S1 don't have any reason to believe otherwise.

Using the helmets to fool Sibyl is another thing entirely, and was rendered useless in S1, iow they
changed something so the helmets won't work anymore. It was the reason Kougami only had 5(?) days
to do whatever using said helmet.
konatachan80Oct 22, 2014 12:53 AM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Oct 22, 2014 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

I do not like this Akane photocopy of Kogami, good its maturation, but pass it for a replacement for him, I do not like.
The plot begins to like it very much, the characters acquire a thickness amazing in this episode, even the irascible Inspector of the second section, that bastard he is! XD
The drawings and animations are of a good standard.
I look forward to the next section to decide the priority with which to watch this TV series.
Oct 22, 2014 9:39 AM

Jul 2009
Mika will change I am sure...or she will end up dying, seems that the only person she listen to is Yayoi.
Akane lighting up same cigarettes as Kougami just to feel the smell :D
The mysterious guy thinks he is doing something to save the world...let's see
Oct 22, 2014 11:40 AM
Dec 2012
I am very intrigued by Hinakawa? I don't know... he seems harmless yet so menacing somehow and I never know what to expect from Urobuchi with characters like this o_o
Oct 22, 2014 6:19 PM
Oct 2011
The second hand smoke scene was a surprisingly great subtle way to get that nod to Kougami in there, heh.

AirStyles said:
Akane is just getting better and better, and is becoming one of the best female character I've ever seen.

Not only she work under a system she don't like, she's also aware of the system's weakness and able to adapt to it.

Utilizing her teammates to the best of efficiency, reading of people, calmness and able to see bigger picture in a close minded society... Her growth in her short 2 year career, nothing short of amazing.

Yeah I really enjoyed that. I loved how in the first episode we saw her basically guiding the flaws of the system to her advantage and manipulating when to use the Dominator. And that great use of her team's strengths in both eps when giving them assignments, plus how she deployed her team to it's fullest confident she could take the mech on her own since having seen Kougami in action and her own experience knowing that the Dominator should go into Decomposer mode.

It was great highlighting how far she's come from where she started.

It was also great watching Ginoza be so likable and I enjoyed his comments to Mika lol. The couple of moments where he was working with or backing up/complimenting Akane were great too.

konatachan80 said:
I'm not sure, but wasn't that part kept within Akane's team (iow, dominators don't work on him etc)?
If it was, those outside of that team in S1 don't have any reason to believe otherwise.

Using the helmets to fool Sibyl is another thing entirely, and was rendered useless in S1, iow they
changed something so the helmets won't work anymore. It was the reason Kougami only had 5(?) days
to do whatever using said helmet.

Yup, I think Akane and Gino, and probably Shion, are likely the only ones who probably know what Makishima could do.
Oct 23, 2014 9:05 AM

Apr 2013
Isn't there an episode this week?
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Oct 23, 2014 10:07 AM

Mar 2013
geralt said:
Isn't there an episode this week?

It airs during the weekend, I believe.
My Anime List
My Manga List

Now Playing: Final Fantasy IX
Oct 24, 2014 2:58 PM

Oct 2012
WC? What Color?

Still somehow can't grow to like new cast. And I find it very hard to memorize those surname as they doesn't talk to each other with their first names. Character exposition here has lot to be deserved.
And whatever happened to that kindnapped police girl that went though?

Other than that the story is progressing fine. I find it bit weird that main antagonist is able to manipulate Psycho-Pass and that they are using the same plot device again. What will become of this world when they can't even rely on psycho-pass. Will they be relying on in even when it's wrong? It would be great if all it would need to fake color was to know about how Sybil works. It would take one mind of criminal to think like other mind of criminals in its core works.

And again we saw Tougane acting fishy, deliberately trying to avoid asking the right question (about Kamui) during Akane's examination of Kitazawa.
Oct 24, 2014 8:00 PM
Oct 2012
Rayzer said:
magnum339_tyrant said:
After watching this episode, I thought about the extra scene from the episode 9 of Psycho-Pass (New Edit),
Does Kamui have something to do with it?

The guy you are talking about wasn't Kagari. He already died when the chief shot him.
And the guy you are have been mistaken for Kagari was an enforcer of 2nd Division.
Also take a look very closely on here so it will be clear for you.

Thanks! I didn't pay attention to this episode the first time I watched it. Now I'm not confused anymore. Thanks (again)!
Oct 25, 2014 9:56 PM

Feb 2013
Short-sighted escape... at the rate he was going they would have let him go.
Oct 26, 2014 12:30 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah there was no saving him this time. So the new villain is Kamui and can stay out of the psycho-pass light like another particular villain. And worse he can change the hue of others.

Here we go again.
Oct 31, 2014 5:29 PM

Oct 2013
hat ed is the best!!!!!!!!
pretty decent episode I wanna see more crazy shit!!!!
[/quote]
Nov 6, 2014 3:27 AM
Nov 2013
Hate Mika
Nov 28, 2014 9:25 PM

May 2013
Seems like Shimotsuki only likes Yayoi.
Lol, nice guess Ginoza. WC could mean Water Closet.
Tougane reminds me of Kougami, but Tougane can never replace Kougami!
Aww, Akane misses Kougami. So she secondhand smokes.

So prisoner had a change of heart. Too bad he died.
Kamui, the villain's name, apparently is sending the message specifically to Akane.
I wonder what WC means. Akane already knows. I hope she tells us. But just like others, I think C stands for Color.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Dec 3, 2014 12:13 PM

Jan 2014
Hmm.. That new antagonist could be interesting..
Dec 15, 2014 1:07 PM
Jul 2018
Oh yes this is the intensity I'm used to from this anime, amazing episode! So Kamui is the name of the new guy? I have to disagree with what he said though, the whole "could still be saved" bullshit. A criminal that crazy shouldn't be back in society.
Dec 21, 2014 2:40 AM

Oct 2013
Took the posts on the first page for me to understand why the hell Akane was lighting cigs but not smoking them.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Riri- - Dec 18, 2014

641 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 7, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

264 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 7, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

336 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 7, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

354 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 7, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2014

272 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 7, 4:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.