Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Feb 26, 2019 9:34 AM

Jul 2016
Liked this episode more as it really got into the nitty gritty of things and added some complications.

This show goes way too fast tho. I am never really able to watch the characters, I'm always reading.

I need to find a dub.
Apr 21, 2019 5:56 AM

Feb 2018
Segawa sick also nice ED song
Jun 16, 2019 9:43 AM

Nov 2010
It's no wonder Japanese voice acting is far superior to English dubbing. They are so meticulous in trying to match the voice acting with the character's looks and personality.
MizuhoKamuiJun 16, 2019 9:51 AM
Sep 30, 2019 5:59 AM

Feb 2011
That was quite boring, not gonna lie.
Oct 12, 2019 4:56 AM

Apr 2013
Oh my god, they made an anime character for Itou Shizuka <3

That director somehow doesn't seem to be cut out for that job lol
Jan 3, 2020 12:50 AM
Jul 2018
I can relate with the Director on an emotional level!! Being impressed with the progress of an episode so far but feeling that something is off , yet being uncomfortable bringing it up with everyone because we’re already behind...also looking back at previous mistakes kinda makes the stakes higher. I can’t believe that this is what our beloved animators and staff have to go though...makes me wonder how anything comes out successful under all of the stress.

That being said, I believe that it’s better to spend more time creating a well written and unique character than rushing everything and making a forgettable one. I really like how the staff have to think about what makes a character who they are, especially since this seems to be an original adaptation. Very interesting episode!!

Can’t wait to see Character Designer in action ✌︎('ω')✌︎
Nov 17, 2020 5:51 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
If only all anime received this much attention to detail in creating their characters. I mean how arupin initially was was totally fine by regular anime standards, what's their to change? Guess this really isn't your regular moe but rather a work of art in the making. Definitely enjoying this behind the scenes style anime and kind of getting a glimpse of how this medium is produced.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 16, 2021 4:43 PM

Jul 2017
Another just hit-miss episode with me like the first one. I'm not expecting an anime documentary by any means or maybe its just the lingering effects of me rewatching Bakuman a few days prior but I wish the show had a little more of an interesting and slightly more serious tone to it by tackling some key topics that plague the anime industry in the long run for the show. I think the stuff at the end about trying to flesh out their characters in the best ways possible from the designs to the backstories, etc was pretty good as it shows how much the studio and the staff care for their original work and bringing out the best of what they've created to present to the audience despite the conflicts about how it would change the direction too much mid-way with the airing of the actual anime. But the rest of it other than showcasing more of the jobs at hand in the industry like with mixing and dubbing, felt pretty boring. Characters so far aren't that memorable, not quite sure of Aoi's ambition and presence as a MC just yet and the issues tackled barring the one at the end haven't been that thematically intriguing too for me. A lot of people like the more entertaining, cuter side of things but I kind of wish the show cuts a bit deeper with the anime industry and its conflicts. It's only 2 episodes in though, still lots of time left for more interesting stuff to happen but for now, just feels a tad flat to me, and I really wish the project they were working on had more intensive animation like a BONES or Ufotable project where you can truly see how much work is put into beautifully choreographed scenes like that instead of just showcasing the bare basics of animation that the studio uses for Exodus.
Jan 31, 2021 10:57 AM

May 2015
Anime the Anime.

ARUPIN LIKES STRAWBERRY CAKE!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 9, 2022 1:04 AM
Jul 2018
I got LOL'ed when the LOLITA brought into existsatacnce.
May 16, 2022 3:31 PM

Feb 2021
I really like the director he keeps it real, this anime is great so far
bam
Sep 14, 2022 1:52 AM

Sep 2017
ok bringing char concept.

more explanation of each thing pls
like what is keyframme etc..

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Jan 15, 2023 6:31 PM
Feb 2022
did everyone get high at the end
Mar 28, 2023 2:16 PM
Dec 2021
Idk why but I teared up a little when the pink shiny stuff started happening
Jan 10, 8:37 PM
Dec 2020
BOMBOCLAT!!!! WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST WATCHED?!?!?!? WHY IS THE FICTIONAL CHARACTERS TOOK FORM OUT OF NOWHERE!??!?!?!?
anways, it was good. I like it.
Mar 6, 2:57 AM
Dec 2018
Although the terms of the dialogues are not complicated, it is tiring to stop every second in order to understand the terms of saga and directing, but it is an enjoyable second episode.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Does Shirobako get any better?

terryacer - May 7, 2018

26 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 25, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

286 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 25, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2014

138 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 12, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2014

115 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 11, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2014

250 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 6, 2:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.