Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 15, 2014 9:41 PM

Jun 2009
As Toto and the woman slowly ran through the forest all sounds of battle had ceased. Whether that was a good thing or not Toto did not wish to stick around to find out. Thankfully the mist was still around to give them some shelter against any prying eyes. Toto looked around the area and realized that he was getting closer to where Ise and the man whom he decided to save had been. He prayed they were long gone by now but he feared the worse as he recalled the injuries he had inflicted upon the man. That was when a quiet moan rang out in the otherwise silent jog.

Toto looked down at his blood stained shirt and Hikrai as she grimaced from her injuries. He did not really know the girl but he felt sorry for her nonetheless. He turned to look at the woman who was running beside him. He had been to the Hidden Mist Village several times and met a lot of the older shinobi that were classified as Jonin. Yet he could not place her face. She was very pretty sure but from what he had witnessed not five minutes before lead him to believe she was not someone he wanted to get tangled up with. At least not anymore than he had to at present.

As they rounded the corner in the trees he noticed a blood stain on the road ahead but no sign of Ise or the man. He gave a quiet thank you to whatever god might be listening at the time and continued on through the mist towards the village.

"It won't be long now. Just another five minutes and we'll be right outside the abandoned village. It isn't pretty but it'll have to do until these two are healed." Toto said picking up the pace a little. The woman did likewise and before they knew it they were on the outskirts of the town. By now Toto's arms were starting to get numb from carrying Hikari so far. He was not used to heavy lifting himself and he realized the reason why was because most of the servants did that for him. I'll have to start some weight training of some kind to boost my muscles and stamina. He thought to himself as the proceeded into the town.

"Up here on the right." Toto said nodding his head off in the general direction. There was an alleyway that bent off the main road that was pretty dark and eerie with all the mist about; however, Toto took to the alleyway without a care in the world and soon they had run up on a dead end.
No matter what blade you possess, it is impossible to cut a single flower that blooms in the wilderness that has become my home. ~Unknown
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 16, 2014 2:29 PM

Mar 2009
Quickly following behind the Genin in front of her, the young woman made sure to keep alert as possible for any enemies that might have been hiding, although she knew such a thing was no longer possible. Not after witnessing or feeling the Chameleon who had clearly swept up the mess behind them. How she wanted to hunt down the mysterious figure but for now she needed to focus on the task at hand, for now the battle was over.

“Hold on kid...” She didn’t need to look down towards Nazo to know that he was in bad shape and that he was worsening at a rapid rate. The mist earlier cast was now nothing more than a nuisance as it obstructed their sight of the village before them, and they had little to no time for such an annoyance. An abandoned village, while she was grateful earlier due to the lack of innocent bystanders, she wasn’t so grateful now that she needed some dire help. It wasn’t long before her greatest fear became reality as they stopped running; standing before them was a dead end, and something that could have been easily avoided if the mist wasn’t there.

“Hey, Toto...I think that was what your name was in the records. Anyway, do you actually know where you’re going?” While one might have allowed their annoyance to boil over, Jessica wasn’t such a person. She was smarter than that and knew that staying calm would serve them better than allowing her temper to take over, besides she was sure Toto was still a Genin and so he was doing well. It was probably his first real battle of such magnitude as well and yet he was still standing with his mind intact. She could only be proud of such a Shinobi of the village...still they couldn’t afford any mistakes, not now.
Oct 19, 2014 8:33 AM

Jun 2009
Toto paused as the woman said his name. He did not remember telling it to her nor did he remember ever seeing her before. Suspicion loomed in Toto's expression as turned to the left alleyway wall and gave the wooden wall several kicks. There seemed to be a pattern to it but Jessica was only worried about Nazo and Hikrai so she paid little attention to it.

There was a pause and Jessica was about to speak up again whenever a gentle click could be heard from the wall itself. They watched as a door sized piece of the wall swung open. Standing there was a burly little man standing about five four and a full grown beard that stretched down to chest. His olive skin seemed leathery probably because he had seen too much sun in his lifetime.

"Oi! Toto!" he said with a gleeful smile that quickly faded as he noticed the other company he had brought with him. He looked from Jessica to the bodies they were carrying. The old man stepped aside and motioned for them to come inside. The two quickly obliged and within several moments the door that had appeared out of the wall closed leaving no trace of the trio that had stood there before.

Inside the door the trio began to walk down a path that led straight down into the earth. Toto watched the burly man as they walked down the steps towards his home. It was several minutes before they finally reached another dead end that was made of solid stone. The old man turned and looked to Jessica.

"I know Toto but you I do not know. So before we go any further I would have you tell me your name. Where you come from and how you came to meet my little friend Toto here." he said crossing his arms and staring back at Jessica.
No matter what blade you possess, it is impossible to cut a single flower that blooms in the wilderness that has become my home. ~Unknown
Oct 19, 2014 10:02 AM

Mar 2009
Jessica stood silently while watching as the wall began to change, while the mist around them had lessened quite a bit from earlier. It was more of a natural mist now. Looking down at Nazo, Jessica wasn’t really interested in the dead end or what was happening, after all if it was a trap then she would decapitate the boy before her, without remorse.

The odd man that popped out of the wall had managed to catch Jessica’s attention, if not for how he appeared but for his color. It was rare to find such a tanned person in these lands with the lack of sunny weather, even if they happened to travel for missions a lot. For now Jessica just followed in silence while observing the structure of the tunnel that they passed down, as much as she hated it she was out of options for the two young Shinobi. Be proud and let them die or swallow her pride and rely on others to save them...there wasn’t even a choice.

“You can call me Jessica and I am a Shinobi from Kiri...we have come seeking aid after being caught up in a battle just a short distance away from here. Toto ended up stumbling upon the battle I assume he did at least, now do you want to ask anything else and watch these two die or can you help us?” Jessica was in no mood to exchange pleasantries and so rushed through the questions at a rather fast pace. She didn’t need to lie anyway so could reel of the answers instantly.

She was just relieved that her water was holding firm for now and trapping the blood inside their bodies even if it was doing it forcefully rather than naturally. It had helped them by some time at least, and it seemed this man could help them considering he waved them inside after seeing the both of them...how long did they have before it was too late?

By now Nazo had already begun to react to his wounds, with him moving slightly in the arms of Jessica while his eyes drifted to the top of his head. It was alarming but the cuts to his body seemed to have been deeper than they thought, while his body had begun to burn up...a change was occurring in Nazo as he walked closer to death.
Oct 28, 2014 9:57 PM

Jun 2009
"Toto is that true? You were on the battle field?" The old man asked turning his head to the young man. Toto merely nodded in response to the question. What else was he supposed to say? The older man sighed and turned his back to his guest and within moments a soft click could be heard. The outline of a doorway suddenly appeared in the wall. With a heave the old man shoved the outline open creating a gaping hole in the rock face. Toto did not seem surprised as the doorway appeared. The old man turned to Jessica and gave a solemn nod then disappeared through the doorway. Toto followed suit. Once through the doorway the world seemed to change drastically.

Inside there was a sunlight which momentarily blinded the guest which gave the home of the older man a sort of majestic feel to it. On the outer edges of this little clearing were Trees that seemed to be growing up along the edges of the rock face as they desperately struggled to the get to the sunlight that leaked in through the gaping hole that was hundreds of feet above in the roof of this little cavern. On the ground grass blanketed the ground with a small dirt path leading up to a tiny house that resided in the center.

"Welcome to my little haunt, Miss Jessica." the old man said with pride as the group took a moment to enjoy the view.
Oct 29, 2014 7:56 AM

Mar 2009
Jessica watched as the two of them carried out their brief talk while noting down mentally how the old man had reacted to the news, with it looking in her eyes that Toto wasn’t one for battles normally. The old man also seemed to dislike them or at least he disliked Toto being in them, and she came to the conclusion that the man knew Toto so worried about him.

Following them both into the room, Jessica had little choice but to close her eyes from the sudden change in lighting arrangements, as she passed from the darkness into the sudden blinding light. Once her eyes had begun to adjust to the sudden increase in light, Jessica took her time in taking in as much as she could, from the layout of the room to the hole at the top, which was hundreds of feet in the air. Where they lodged in some sort of mountain? It seemed implausible but with the mountains in the area it wouldn’t be impossible...there were rumours of such places.

“Where are we old man?” Jessica held a respectful tone despite how easily she had referred to the man. A serious yet down to earth girl would probably describe Jessica currently, and while she was worried about the two in her care she was also ready for anything that might happen. In the world of Shinobi the cold survive while the trusting often perishes at the hands of others...she had seen it happen far too often.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Character Information

Psynergi - Aug 4, 2014

40 by wolfman2299 »»
Aug 11, 2020 1:42 PM

» Rumble at the Border - The Flowing Steel of the Sand, part 3

Psynergi - Nov 17, 2016

36 by Shadow543 »»
Jun 20, 2017 2:33 AM

» The Twin Demons

baxter09 - Jan 28, 2017

20 by MikuIzumi »»
Feb 22, 2017 11:14 AM

» The road through Konoha - The Flowing Steel of the Sand, Part 2

Psynergi - Jul 30, 2016

25 by Psynergi »»
Nov 17, 2016 12:33 AM

Sticky: » Chakra Points

Psynergi - Aug 5, 2014

31 by Shadow543 »»
Nov 13, 2016 5:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.