Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 7, 2008 11:31 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
You have to be pretty stupid to stay quiet in that situation, probably Satou wouldn't even protest if someone forced him to suicide agains his will.
Misaki's speach was lol.
It was really fitting when they were crying in dispair and then the taxt "welcome to heaven" showed up :P
Feb 22, 2008 9:55 PM

Jan 2008
DarkBlue said:

It was really fitting when they were crying in dispair and then the taxt "welcome to heaven" showed up :P

That was great

When Satou slipped and almost fell I was like OMG, no way! I almost fell out of my bed (lol)
Mar 2, 2008 6:32 AM

Feb 2008
I wish he jumped and survived; it would be EPIC!!! :)
Apr 14, 2008 12:39 PM

Oct 2007
It was creepy when Satou saw that blue conspiracy-thing in Hitomi's face!

I don't really care for this new ending song.

Jul 28, 2008 1:57 PM

Apr 2008
SunSir said:

Thats what I was hoping for as well. XD

Juliab said:
I don't really care for this new ending song.

Yeah, I prefer the older one, I was more interesting; in a wierd way...
Jul 29, 2008 8:57 PM

Jan 2008
SunSir said:

That's what I thought would happen, especially when someone mentioned how surviving a fall like that could only happen in manga and dramas. All I thought was that it'd be perfect he fell during an anime! haha!

I also really liked the old ending theme more.
Aug 18, 2008 5:09 AM

Nov 2007
EPIC Episode, the tension is great.
Sep 5, 2008 6:49 PM

Jun 2008
its kinda stupid how he came to have a new life/start and at the end it became opposite
Sep 28, 2008 3:23 PM

Apr 2008
eh i cryied on this episode because it reminds me of my past. . . (for to months im trying to go out of hikikomori state and i tried suicide too =/ )
Oct 3, 2008 4:47 PM

May 2008
I was watching with french subs, so I didnt realize what was going on at first. And when I finally did, I was like, WTFFFFFF SUICIDE? OH NOEZZZ.

lol.
I'm happy he lived.
xDDDDDD

Oct 5, 2008 4:15 AM

Jul 2007
Insane episode!!!
Oct 26, 2008 2:32 PM

Nov 2007
lol, this was really a 'omg' episode XD
Nov 29, 2008 11:09 PM
Mar 2008
Quite a good episode. Got me right where it matters.
EmiyaShiro said:
i tried suicide too =/
Been there man. I think thats why this episode was so powerful for me, it touched on a topic that deeply effected my life. Great episode, gonna try to finish the show tonight!
Dec 7, 2008 9:51 PM

Jan 2008
Good episode. I don't like the new ending that much the older one was much better.
Dec 14, 2008 11:11 AM

Nov 2008
Oh my god that shit was intense. And a new ending theme. I suppose this signifies it's a different part of the series.

How he managed to not say anything at all for so long was a feat of stupidity.
Get a life and stop reading my signature...
Jan 21, 2009 1:36 AM

Sep 2007
mastersushi said:
Quite a good episode. Got me right where it matters.
EmiyaShiro said:
i tried suicide too =/
Been there man. I think thats why this episode was so powerful for me, it touched on a topic that deeply effected my life. Great episode, gonna try to finish the show tonight!

Been there too. More people than you think probably have.

Anyways I burst out laughing when he fell and my mum was like 'wtf?' Then I was like aw when I saw him grab on.

Anyways I loved Misaki's speech. I was thinking like does she want him to jump or not -___-' So basically she just wants someone to make her feel better for sucking so much.

Jan 21, 2009 3:43 PM

Oct 2008
.....interesting episode...i thought that no one will die at the end because of Satou-kun...but that he wants to die after all was kinda surprising...although it was kinda shock for him...

mhh about that what misaki-chan said....i don't know why but i was kinda expecting something like that...
Feb 7, 2009 3:41 AM

Mar 2008
insane episode.. as hell.. especially the title 'welcome to heaven' shown right after the (almost) suicide scene and seeing all of them crying and screaming.. xD
this anime is just different. I love it :p
Feb 15, 2009 11:53 PM

Jan 2008
Oh wow, that was some episode. I thought he really fell for a moment, I was NO WAI.
Feb 17, 2009 7:11 PM

Dec 2008
i kinda wish they would have had someone jump. i thought the fact that no one died after all that hype was kinda disappointing. and i like the new song.:)

Mar 16, 2009 2:08 PM

Oct 2008
That ending was intense, but umm…I didn’t expect Satou to be the one to really want to jump. And it’s looking like Misaki has some deeper issues going on than previously thought. While he’s up on that cliff she was down in that boat crying telling him he was a failure and more pathetic than a stray dog, it practically made him want to die. But she also said something to the effect of him being more of piece of garbage than she is, and it’s why she absolutely needs him. So, I don’t know what that means—or what she’s playing on. But she was crying and upset, and well…it was all very intense.
Mar 29, 2009 4:54 AM

May 2008
lol yamazaki just said a few words and he decided not to jump lol

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Mar 30, 2009 3:58 AM

Dec 2008
Both Satou & Kashiwa have psycological issues that they need to work through, that much is obvious. The sad thing is while meeting Satou in his fake happy state everyone else was willing to live, save Kashiawa (and I bet she would have chosen life if he showed her that he needs her and loves her, which he doesn't, but people have faked worse things), at the end Misaki's statements only confirmed to him that his life was not really worth living, because he was worthless, except that he is a person, but nothing more besides that. Yet for some reason she needs him. Or maybe I read/heard it wrong.
Good episode for snatching "MTF pancakes" away when you were just about to eat it.
May 1, 2009 3:30 PM

Apr 2008
Good episode.

The ending was filled with a chain of events that made the episode funny but serious at the same time.

May 10, 2009 8:59 PM

May 2009
An episode that puts you on the edge, its really emotional and great overall.
Jul 3, 2009 4:22 AM

Jul 2008
LOL at Satou just kinda going with the flow and not being able to interject the way he wanted.
Jul 3, 2009 8:37 PM
Jun 2009
For me, the most powerful part was the very end. Or rather, two parts at the very end.

The first was Satou's almost-accidental-suicide. In fact, this entire arc has been, to me, a big metaphor for his life. He agrees with everything that's forced upon him (his unwillingness to stop them before they even reached the ledge) until he hits rock bottom (the cliff). Then, when it seems like everything will get better, he falls even further (slipping and falling off). But then...he always gets saved by the people that really care about him (in the episode, his friends catching him).

The second was the very end, right before the credits. Everyone is dead quiet and all you can hear is Satou and Hisaki sobbing and screaming...it made the hairs on my arms stand up. It's moments like these that remind you that this is NOT an explicitly light-comedic anime; it's about things like this that REALLY happen in the real world -- people DO get this depressed and distraught. I think that the comedy is thrown in so that the real depressing nature of this show doesn't get to people. I wonder though...is Satou screaming because he's scared that he almost died, or is he frustrated that he didn't bite it in the end?
Jul 20, 2009 1:32 AM

Jan 2009
My heart almost stopped beating when I thought that he fell. XD

I still prefer the old ending though.
Jul 26, 2009 12:58 AM
Apr 2009
Misaki fails at consoling.

When he was falling, I was like, "Oh shi-".
Aug 4, 2009 8:17 PM

Sep 2008
This episode really got to me, especially the ending. Mainly because I can relate to alot of whats going on, and I've been having an on/off struggle with depression. I'm a guy, and I'm not ashamed to say I cried at the end (No loud sobbing, just tears x] ). But this was a great episode...
Oct 9, 2009 3:39 PM
Feb 2009
This was probably the best anime episode I've watched so far. So many twists, the never ending tension, and how things actually seemed very realistic although they weren't..(you know, you don't go and jump off a cliff just to go along with the group, but that's how our satou-kun is-_-)

And the weeping part in the end was really awesome. The seiyuu did an amazing job there, both of satou and misaki. I was laughing hysterically as i watched the part they were crying, must be because of all the tension i guess..

Love it! absolutely love it!

and I was also a big fan of "akachan ningen" but this new song kinda fit in more with this episode's gloominess so it was also good..
Oct 9, 2009 3:46 PM
Feb 2009
greenmush said:
lol yamazaki just said a few words and he decided not to jump lol

after misaki's speech he was done with killing himself and was just pulling an act as if he really wants to die, that's why yamazaki said "that's enough" or sth like that which was pretty funny^^
Oct 11, 2009 5:29 AM

Jul 2009
This episode was indeed intense but the ending confused me whether i should laugh or cry it felt to me like a narm. But when satou fell frome the cliff that was definitely a 'oh SH-' moment.
Nov 2, 2009 12:56 AM
Jan 2009
Can you say "lame cop-out"? How about "extreme strain on credulity"? I can say both of those things. And this series just lost some grounding in my book.
Nov 6, 2009 9:53 PM

Jun 2009
Very awesome episode.

Was a shocker when he almost fell. When they both started crying at the end 8*(
Nov 8, 2009 10:08 PM

Jan 2009
No matter how I look at it, I felt like this episode was a retarded-let-down one for me. First of all Satou didn't even killed himself when he had no goals and was a full-load hikikomori, when he didn't even knew that Yamazaki was living next to him. Then now out of nowhere, right up when he had this shining light of creating a game (He had found something to believe on, something that gave him strenght to keep going straightforward) he sudenddly realizes that his life is trash when hes at the verge of death without even wanting to.

He lied to everyone until the moment they were going to jump, HE FUCKING DIDN'T WANTED TO DIE YET HE WAS GOING TO.

What a patethic human trash, he had so much potential to become someone else and the writters just screwed it up all, it was totally unlike the character to want to kill himself, an extremely unpredictable change of mind out of nowhere. The writters screwed it up. Horrible... but very horrible episode.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Nov 18, 2009 2:46 PM

Oct 2009
Misaki's speech was hilarious.
Dec 5, 2009 4:53 AM

Dec 2008
kawaiisakura05 said:
i kinda wish they would have had someone jump. i thought the fact that no one died after all that hype was kinda disappointing. and i like the new song.:)

I thought the old guy might follow through even if the younger people dying didn't seem very plausible.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Dec 25, 2009 4:10 AM

Nov 2009
Bah i got small tears in my eyes from this episode =\, this episode was tense and powerful for me. :S
Jan 4, 2010 5:25 PM
Dec 2009
Greatest ep so far. I was like HOLY SHIT when sato accidentaly slip from the edge. Can't wait to see another episode. (Megavideo limits are killing me...)
Jan 18, 2010 2:56 PM

Sep 2009
DarkBlue said:
You have to be pretty stupid to stay quiet in that situation, probably Satou wouldn't even protest if someone forced him to suicide agains his will.

karasawa said:
How he managed to not say anything at all for so long was a feat of stupidity.

Don't underestimate the power of peer pressure... also, he might not have thought of it himself but he was pretty close to that type of thing himself, I think, which is what Yamazaki was talking about in the car.

kawaiisakura05 said:

I thought it was the opposite of disappointing, I liked that no one jumped, I was relieved. Isn't it obviously better this way?
I'm not entirely sure about the old man, though - I guess he can't do it in this situation, but was he really convinced?
Btw - that kid was really going to commit suicide over something like that? Hmm...

I like the new song too, I think - I'll know better after a couple more episodes with it.
Feb 11, 2010 2:31 AM
Jun 2009
Just watched, I LOL'd the whole way and felt pretty damn sad at the same time.
Feb 14, 2010 2:00 AM

Jul 2009
lostty said:
SunSir said:

That's what I thought would happen, especially when someone mentioned how surviving a fall like that could only happen in manga and dramas. All I thought was that it'd be perfect he fell during an anime! haha!

I also really liked the old ending theme more.

Yeah agreed i thought he would fall and survive. i also like the old theme better, but this ones okay, not as cool though. loved the episode, it's scary how much i can relate to the characters. can't wait for next episode.
Mar 1, 2010 12:22 PM
Jan 2010
My heart stopped a couple of times ("Shit! It really is over! They will fall down!").
Touching and great ep. Yamazaki was the best, when he was explaining to Sato that they can't die in such a dramatic way xD
I was waiting for Misaki's "I love you, Sato!" but it would be too lovely and tragic I suppose ^^
OtherWayMar 1, 2010 12:29 PM
Mar 28, 2010 3:32 PM

Aug 2009
Not too fond of the new ending theme. But great episode.
Apr 17, 2010 4:36 PM

Aug 2009
I actually had tears at the end of this ep (manly tears though!). I feel I can relate to a lot in this anime, maybe thats why I find it to be such a great anime. I smell another 10 if it keeps going like this.

May 4, 2010 5:06 PM

Nov 2009
I loved it, I almost cried myself when Satou and Misaki were crying at the end.

I've had a life like Satou's til very recently, with 28 months like that so I feel this anime relates very well to the me of just last month.

I had thoughts kinda the same as the others when things went wrong for me but it gave the right message that if you dont keep living, how can you know what is around the corner for you?
May 15, 2010 2:31 PM

Jul 2008
This anime...
... is so depressing

:(
May 20, 2010 9:46 PM

Oct 2009
so many twists , one of the most interesting so far..
May 31, 2010 8:58 PM
Feb 2009
omfg effing dramatic and hilarious he was like the first to be hesitating to jumping off the cliff and in the end he really wanted to, then got scared as he almost actually fell l0l GF
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 2, 2017

638 by Ronninn »»
Yesterday, 9:58 AM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DarkBlue - Feb 6, 2008

217 by venbals »»
May 24, 9:47 PM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kie_ - Sep 5, 2008

180 by Ronninn »»
May 24, 11:02 AM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kie_ - Sep 5, 2008

166 by Ronninn »»
May 23, 11:31 AM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kie_ - Sep 5, 2008

126 by puffle9000 »»
May 22, 10:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.