Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2014 1:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Duel continues with Yuya and Gongenzaka. It was like one of those classic matches with the Pendulum summonings. Eh, I'm fine with it but I was actually hoping Gongenzaka would win. He's an underrated character in this series. But oh well, maybe some other day...

At least he fought well.
Oct 5, 2014 2:53 AM
Jul 2012
Where is the episode link ? You seem to have wathced the episode but i couldnt find it on internet yet.I'll vote after i watch :)
Oct 5, 2014 9:12 AM
Aug 2014
Wow! That duel did not disappoint!

Was not expecting Pendulum Fusion to be used again. And not only that, Yuya used it TWICE! It's so great to see these two characters have evolved their dueling since the first episodes.

Beast-Eyes Pendulum Dragon looks awesome. I hope we see it more in the future.

Finally, the Junior Youth Championships will start. I hope to see some great duels!
Oct 7, 2014 5:03 AM

May 2013
You know what, at some point I really have enough of that stupid action card bs. If they would properly use it, ok, but having the main character in a single duel jump multiple times to a action card, conveniently finding one in reach just before the attack hits (even riding the monster that is attacked) and without even looking playing the EXACT card that saves him in the situation he is currently in is just beyond ridiculous.

I know that they also draw the right card at the right time, but I'm ok with this for the sake of Yu-Gi-Oh, also atleast the characters know the cards in their decks and there is always the tiny chance that they will draw the card they need... but action cards is that "lucky draw" x10 since he can't possibly know where to find a card in time and what kind of cards are scattered on the field to begin with, plus even if he doesn't get a action trap, how high is then also the chance of him drawing a magic card that is even useful in his situation?

I really hate this, it's just a convience deus ex machina for the writers so that they don't have to come up with meaningful ways for the main character to get out of a bad spot using the cards he has actually in his deck and his hand. Because with Yuya's stupid deck he would've lost already multiple times over, since his hand is always just full with monsters that he spams using Pendulum Summon.

(How convinient can pendulum monsters even get at this point? They are magic/trap card and effect monsters at the same time, can summon multiple monsters no matter their level that you only really destroy by removing them from the game and don't even need any resurrection card to special summon destroyed ones EVERY SINGLE TURN. And now they have even have monsters with effects that let you fusion summon without any extra card or cost, isn't that just awesome?)
DancingJackOct 7, 2014 5:14 AM
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Oct 7, 2014 5:06 AM

Mar 2013
Excellent Duel.

i am really enjoying this series much more than i thought i would.

roll on the junior youth arc!
Oct 7, 2014 5:52 AM
Sep 2012
Okay just as we thought, Yuya wins this duel.

It was able to use Fusion without a Fusion was impressive. I thought Gongenzaka put a valient duel, but it was just over matched. I don't know how I feel thought about this duel being the easiest of Yuya's qualify duels. Gongenzaka put Yuya back against the wall like the other three, I hate to admit it but I think quiz master gave Yuya the most trouble.

Anyway the twist Gongenzaka might still get in the tournament, I hope so like to see him and Yaiba duel one more time.

Reji erasing the LDS trio memories, that seems shaddy, and puzzling because they don't anything incriminated and they were willing to live bait for him, and nothing really happened to get them to change their loyalty to him, but than I realised it, it is so them and Shun in same room and not have them try to kill him. Looks like Yuya and Shun is going to duel in the finals. I did wonder who Yuya was going to duel in the finals. I didn't think Yuto and Shun were going to be in the tournament, and Shingo seems more like a semi finalist opponent than a final tournament, I guess that answered my question.

Next episode, Yuzu reaction to seeing Meiry is hillarous, jealous Yuzu is as scarry as jealous Akiza, Yuya look out. And it looks like Reiji has a little brother, I know he is suppose to be this series Kaiba or Kiteo, but do they have to make it so obvious, and do something different and not give him a little brother? He might turn out to be an awesome character, but right now I am disappointed. And you just know he is going to kidnapped at some point.
Oct 7, 2014 6:14 AM

Nov 2012
fucking action card
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Oct 7, 2014 8:10 AM

Apr 2014
DancingJack said:
You know what, at some point I really have enough of that stupid action card bs. If they would properly use it, ok, but having the main character in a single duel jump multiple times to a action card, conveniently finding one in reach just before the attack hits (even riding the monster that is attacked) and without even looking playing the EXACT card that saves him in the situation he is currently in is just beyond ridiculous.

I know that they also draw the right card at the right time, but I'm ok with this for the sake of Yu-Gi-Oh, also atleast the characters know the cards in their decks and there is always the tiny chance that they will draw the card they need... but action cards is that "lucky draw" x10 since he can't possibly know where to find a card in time and what kind of cards are scattered on the field to begin with, plus even if he doesn't get a action trap, how high is then also the chance of him drawing a magic card that is even useful in his situation?

I really hate this, it's just a convience deus ex machina for the writers so that they don't have to come up with meaningful ways for the main character to get out of a bad spot using the cards he has actually in his deck and his hand. Because with Yuya's stupid deck he would've lost already multiple times over, since his hand is always just full with monsters that he spams using Pendulum Summon.

(How convinient can pendulum monsters even get at this point? They are magic/trap card and effect monsters at the same time, can summon multiple monsters no matter their level that you only really destroy by removing them from the game and don't even need any resurrection card to special summon destroyed ones EVERY SINGLE TURN. And now they have even have monsters with effects that let you fusion summon without any extra card or cost, isn't that just awesome?)

1. You can only Pendulum summon monsters whose levels are between the scales that you have set.
2. The only way you can revive Pendulum monsters is if you have the right Pendulum scales.
3. Trump Witch requires you to use monsters on your field to conduct a fusion summon. That's a pretty big restriction.
4. How is winning with an action card "a convienient deus ex machina?" It doesn't have any more or less meaning than winning with a card in your deck.
5. You do realize that the cards on the fields aren't randomized, right?

Oct 7, 2014 9:56 AM
Sep 2012
I still rather Reiji be an only child to change things up a bit, but could they have giving him a littler sister instead, to give something different with this Yu Gi Oh character trope.
Oct 7, 2014 3:00 PM

Mar 2010
Ah yes. The good old "memory erasure" plot device. Fucking hate that one. Pretty much the main reason I dropped SEED Destiny
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Oct 7, 2014 4:50 PM

Jun 2010
Damn. That other fusion monster surprised me. YUYA. Learn XYZ.

That Fortune Teller girl. Best Character. XD

Oct 7, 2014 4:53 PM
Apr 2013
Really good duel and I enjoyed the double fusion and the poly pendulum monster. Can't wait for the youth tournament and finally see Yuzu in action hopefully.
Oct 8, 2014 4:51 AM

May 2013
Dragonage2ftw said:

1. You can only Pendulum summon monsters whose levels are between the scales that you have set.
2. The only way you can revive Pendulum monsters is if you have the right Pendulum scales.
3. Trump Witch requires you to use monsters on your field to conduct a fusion summon. That's a pretty big restriction.
4. How is winning with an action card "a convienient deus ex machina?" It doesn't have any more or less meaning than winning with a card in your deck.

1. I know. I meant no matter their level that you could summon 3 level 7 monsters if you had a scale 2-8 for example.
2. Same, I know. Doesn't change what I wrote.
3. Because that is so hard if the fusion material monsters are pendulum monsters that you can just special summon on the same turn?
4. I explained that in my post TWO times. There are multiple reasons and I pointed every single one out.
5. Maybe there are always the same cards on the same fields, that doesn't change the fact that you don't know which one is where. If so, that would completely destroy the purpose of action traps. So having Yuya not only never get a action trap but also the exact action card he needs for the situation he is in is pretty ridiculous.
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Oct 8, 2014 5:21 PM

May 2009
Man, it looks like it's showtime! The winners of the tournament will be the protectors of the world? What an interesting plot twist! Did not expect that!
Oct 9, 2014 5:42 AM
Oct 2011
A Pendulum Fusion Monster used to summon ANOTHER Pendulum Fusion Monster? Without Polymerization no less!
Be still my beating heart!
Oct 9, 2014 11:29 PM

Mar 2012
I don't like Action cards, but seeing how Powerful is Pendulum Summon, and the great effects of some of the new monsters, I can understand why they use it in the anime.

And remember, they STILL use 4000 LP, since the first Yu-Gi-Oh!

I still remember when they only used 2000 LP, ridiculous, right? xD

Oh... if only they used 8k LP, instead of Action cards... how awesome it woud be, REAL-ANIME duels :D

Finally... Action cards are still better than Riding duels and their Speed counters :S
Oct 10, 2014 7:03 AM

Mar 2014
Finally two different monsters in the Pendulum Zones. I was expecting that Beast-Eyes is a Contact Fusion Monster, since it's a Contact Fusion Monster in real life.
Oct 10, 2014 11:32 AM

Jun 2014
DancingJack said:

You need to have the Fusion monsters in your Extra deck in order to Fusion Summon. You didn't even wondered why those monsters were just magically appearing out of nowhere in the middle of the Duel. That's more deus ex machina than the Action Cards, seriously. But most likely, they're probably made by Yuuya's pendulum.
Oct 12, 2014 1:17 AM

Mar 2012
People still complaining about DeM in YGO?

Seriously Yuya may be creating deck as he show goes but that is still nothing compared to Yuma Shining Draw which create card very specific(ZW card) to counter card that already on he field in the middle of duel. Action card may be handy but it effect so far have been + atk to dodge an attack.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 15, 2014 12:35 PM
Nov 2013
Grantnarg said:
I don't like Action cards, but seeing how Powerful is Pendulum Summon, and the great effects of some of the new monsters, I can understand why they use it in the anime.

And remember, they STILL use 4000 LP, since the first Yu-Gi-Oh!

I still remember when they only used 2000 LP, ridiculous, right? xD

Oh... if only they used 8k LP, instead of Action cards... how awesome it woud be, REAL-ANIME duels :D

Finally... Action cards are still better than Riding duels and their Speed counters :S

It goes with his character.......a shy guy breaking free of his shell to take a chance.......
Oct 18, 2014 12:18 PM

Jun 2012
Erasing memories? Reiji's got that kind of technology at his disposal? Damn. Maybe LDS are the villains.
Grantnarg said:
Action cards are still inferior than Riding duels and their Speed counters :S
ftfy :)
Nov 20, 2014 8:20 AM

Apr 2014
DancingJack said:
Dragonage2ftw said:

1. I know. I meant no matter their level that you could summon 3 level 7 monsters if you had a scale 2-8 for example.
2. Same, I know. Doesn't change what I wrote.
3. Because that is so hard if the fusion material monsters are pendulum monsters that you can just special summon on the same turn?
4. I explained that in my post TWO times. There are multiple reasons and I pointed every single one out.
5. Maybe there are always the same cards on the same fields, that doesn't change the fact that you don't know which one is where. If so, that would completely destroy the purpose of action traps. So having Yuya not only never get a action trap but also the exact action card he needs for the situation he is in is pretty ridiculous.

1. Okay.
2. Okay.
3. Yeah, it is pretty hard to do that. Trump Witch's scale is 4.
4. Both Yuya and his opponents can use action cards. That alone proves that it isn't a Deus Ex Machina.
5. The cards aren't randomized. They're placed on specific parts of the field.
That really doesn't destroy the purpose of action traps. If anything, it gives the duelists more incentive to memorize the field they're on.

Jul 7, 2015 2:57 PM
Jun 2013
DancingJack said:

everything right is super super true. Yuuya would die in a real duel. The action cards is so stupid. The writers have abused this. Also now Yuuya is pulling fusion cards out of his ass now.

A lot of cgi in this one. Music also seemed a bit loud at times. Pretty bad episode in my opinion. He bring out another crazy card but there are just so many things wrong with this episode, character, and deck that I found everything hard to enjoy. I really hope this won't be like GX where the mc takes up 95% of the duels because I honestly like everyone else in this more than Yuuya.
Aug 15, 2020 4:10 PM

Jan 2013
Came to see if anyone was salty about the action card

Was not disappointed lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 142 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2017

13 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 30, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 136 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2016

32 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 29, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 118 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

36 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 25, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2017

18 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 18, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 137 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2017

30 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 17, 6:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.