Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Oct 6, 2014 3:55 PM

May 2012
I finally watched it and I think it is even better than what I expected. I did not expect the anime to be brutal like this.

I give it at least 9/10
Oct 6, 2014 4:15 PM

Jun 2008
BEST SHOW!!!! Just fabulous!!
This is gonna be fun. I love you Sunrise.
Tits and ass you say. Yeah sure but tits and ass in the mecha glorious way not in the stupid moe way.
Can't wait for more of this. The show is fucking crazy and am gonna love every moment, lol.
If you are stick up the ass serious of course this show will make your hair wanna leave your head, but if you relax a bit and go with the flow then this could be a fun ride. This will be bad and good at the same time.

lordzeru said:
This was out-fucking-standing. This season needed a trainwreck like this, and boy has it delivered. This and Karen Senki make this season.

Traiwreck? You are so wrong. This is the first episode if you haven't noticed. This show never was in any tracks.
It's just climbing fucking mountains on top of a unicorn.
Oct 6, 2014 6:43 PM

Jun 2013
So now we get to see how many SJW tumblrfags are on MAL. Absolutely disgusting.
Oct 6, 2014 7:26 PM

Apr 2012
I enjoyed the first ep, we get to see the situation how Norma are treated. Very interested to see how this goes.

As for the SEED stuff, it's okay with me but maybe that's just because I'm a fan of seed.

Ange looks a lot like Stella Loussier...
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Oct 6, 2014 7:53 PM

Oct 2011
Kira Yamato is that you??? Gundam Seed Vibe and Code Gease too.

OMG @ ending 0__________0 I can see why she changed so much.

Anyone have issue with the audio? Voice in left headphone while music etc in the right side?
AnimeFan500Oct 6, 2014 8:14 PM
Oct 6, 2014 8:15 PM

Nov 2012
Why did it have to be an intense ecchi anime?

---

I really like anime with an original setting. But this is just... oh well. Everything else in this was just terrible. Will keep watching this trash for interest in the storyline's "wild ride", which was somehow fun to watch and should be interesting to look forward to.
I hope it continues insane this same way.
MomonoOct 6, 2014 8:31 PM
Oct 6, 2014 8:43 PM

Oct 2008
draker said:
Zackstrife2 said:
I'm gonna take this as I took Valvrave, a parody, but this one is a parody of Gundam Seed and some bishoujo anime.

Though, is every episode gonna destroy our left ear?

It's not too complicated, really.

regarding the wierd sound on the left ear (hearing voices [mono])
Here's how to fix when using VLC player:
-right click anywhere -> Audio -> Stereo Mode -> Left

that should fix it...

Oct 6, 2014 8:57 PM

Jun 2010
bloody faq that went south real fast . . . I love it.

talk about the wrath of karma. you talk sh#t, you get sh#t.
then the anal search at the end was the iceing on the cake.

there's no way the MC won't be broken now. I can smell the emotionally broken stoic avenger MC storyline from a mile away.

sunrise has produced more angry/broken MC's than I can remember.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Oct 6, 2014 9:13 PM

Oct 2008
wigglejelly said:

no penis.

actually it has...check [Commie] version.

Oct 6, 2014 9:21 PM

Sep 2013
Please God, why? This show. Is so bad. I need to keep watching just for the insane ride. But seriously though, that last scene was so unnecessary and out of place. I am so traumatized. I can deal with the mix of all genres and fan service but this does not equal a winning formula! Make it staup.
Oct 6, 2014 9:31 PM

May 2012
00:24 melonvalley

11:08 melons gathering

15:14 ...

6.5/10 for this episode.
Dislike her new personality.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Oct 6, 2014 9:42 PM
Oct 2013
Has no one else noticed that Ange sort of looks like Lightning from FFXIII and plot seems similar to it as well?
Oct 6, 2014 9:44 PM

Apr 2014
Did I just saw what I think I saw?
Dat last part of the episode, holy cow.. all those blood >:O
Oct 6, 2014 11:10 PM

Feb 2011
O.O I just watched the opening and now i finally get it that why there's a Gundam Seed on the Recommendation list LOL.

So many similarities from Gundam Seed and Destiny, especially the animations, mechs to character designs haha :P LMAO Kudos to them for making people feel like watching Gundam Seed once again. Seriously, i had to slap myself to check whether i was dreaming or not lol

I was expecting this anime would be another Symphogear but it doesn't seem to look that way lol. But this anime has quite a budget seeing DAT excellent voice actor and actress on the list

And as expected from Nana-san I'm loving the music as well ^^
srwgfanOct 6, 2014 11:23 PM
Oct 7, 2014 12:00 AM

Jul 2014
did the blond woman just got yuri raped? SUNRISE WTF?
Oct 7, 2014 12:43 AM

Jan 2011
You're in the wrong anime, Arcueid Brunestud.
Oct 7, 2014 12:46 AM

Oct 2008
Another quality Sunrise title....
Oct 7, 2014 1:07 AM

Sep 2014
Okay anyone else annoyed to death by the mc?

damn felt like breaking my computer screen every time I saw her face.

other than that not a bad episode and what was that end all about?
Oct 7, 2014 2:43 AM

May 2012
SansrivaaL said:

You make it sound like this is something negative. I find that part to be entertaining and boost my enjoyment of the anime

But it is not rape, it more like rectal examination. Rainbow anime had similar scene before people went to prison. This what happens when you go to prison, but the scene in this episode was little more brutal (and that good thing in my opinion)
Oct 7, 2014 3:06 AM

Apr 2008
thepath said:
SansrivaaL said:

You make it sound like this is something negative. I find that part to be entertaining and boost my enjoyment of the anime

But it is not rape, it more like rectal examination. Rainbow anime had similar scene before people went to prison. This what happens when you go to prison, but the scene in this episode was little more brutal (and that good thing in my opinion)

It might be examination, but how the scene was done, we believe to be in rape scene. The purpose was for the fan service nothing more. Useless.

Or where is the tag Yuri fo this anime. lol
Oct 7, 2014 3:34 AM

Oct 2014
well

nothing special

main girl is/has a pain in the ass

and it's hard to root for her

mediocre show

still, I will try to ignore some "not so good" aspects of it and give the show an episode or two
Oct 7, 2014 8:46 AM
Dec 2010
Wow, can't remember the last time I started watching a new show and hated everything about it. The main MC is a b!tch, the non-Norma people are a bunch of bigoted, racist mo-fos, and there's rape in the very first episode. Will be tough to watch this show.
Oct 7, 2014 9:32 AM
Jan 2014
Does anyone know the name of the song Ange was singing in the beginning?
Oct 7, 2014 9:59 AM

Sep 2014
While I did dislike the main character for her behaviour at the start of the episode, she seems to be a good person who became skewed as a result of long lasting segregation and hate towards norma in the mana-dependant society. I would go as far as to say that it's hardly her fault and she seems like a decent, although arrogant, person. Additionally, the background of this world is obscure, but I suppose it's safe to say that the moral values are different and the character comes from an overprotective environment which made her incredibly naive, spoiled and ignorant. Overall I'm not excited with what happened in the first episode. Despite what I said above, I don't feel any like for the main character, it's more like pity. I also think that the final scene where she bleeds out of her rear should be clarified - what was the purpose of hurting her like that?

Planning to watch a couple more episodes for now.
[b]Men talk of killing time, while time quietly kills them.

Oct 7, 2014 12:22 PM

Aug 2010
Did anyone got audio problems? Let me explain, I've got voices on the left channel and music/sfx on the right channel
Oct 7, 2014 12:30 PM

Sep 2014
KiraYoshikage said:
thepath said:

It might be examination, but how the scene was done, we believe to be in rape scene. The purpose was for the fan service nothing more. Useless.

no she did not get raped it's pretty clear that a lot of people think this tho

and I can see why that was an odd scene :D
Oct 7, 2014 1:36 PM

Jun 2013
NougamiZero said:
Did anyone got audio problems? Let me explain, I've got voices on the left channel and music/sfx on the right channel

It's normal.
Oct 7, 2014 1:48 PM

Jan 2011
i somehow like the design of the world, i mean the political system, the design of the buildings, some nice technology and stuff. also some good looking mechas somehow. aaaand the main chara has a normal chest and not the usual balloons … but the rest seems to be an average Mecha fight story with many girls and one guy to spin a boring love story around. i hope, its not and we see some interesting plot twists or something like that. otherwise this show will be nothing special and below average. but the rushed and not so well executed first episode says somethignelse. =/
Oct 7, 2014 2:11 PM

Apr 2008
whitehairkaneki said:
KiraYoshikage said:

no she did not get raped it's pretty clear that a lot of people think this tho

and I can see why that was an odd scene :D

I already know that, this is just how this was maded who look like a rape..
Oct 7, 2014 2:40 PM

May 2012
RagingMan said:
NougamiZero said:

It's normal.

RacistPenguin have fixed version with a proper audio. You can find it in nyaa
Oct 7, 2014 3:36 PM

Jan 2009
The movements of that mecha in the beginning of the episode resembled both Freedom and Destiny's movements from Gundam SEED Destiny.

The main character's design looks a lot similar to Stellar as well.

I thought maybe I was overthinking it, but the opening was totally a copy paste of Gundam SEED Destiny's first opening!

What the hell sunrise?! is that a parody or something?!

Anyway, the episode itself wasn't bad, I'm gonna watch this through the end.
DiabloMaskOct 7, 2014 3:39 PM
Oct 7, 2014 5:36 PM

Jan 2011
Didn't think they could top Valvrave Oh boy here we go sticking with this one to the end!

Ange gonna be someones bitch next week from the looks of it
Oct 7, 2014 6:52 PM
Dec 2012
For those who are criticizing this anime because of the rape scene, look around you. Almost any show in TV today save for kids shows have sexual themes on them, but are spineless to actually portray sex or rape. If you follow the story rather than focusing in the rape scene, you will know why the anime may have included this. This is like a wake up call. It shows a girl, being trampled by society, discriminated and treated like trash, exactly how we see and treat girls today as sluts (Not my opinion). This is a anime intended for girls and the first episode showed it.

The writers aren't afraid to include the rape scene as it really impacts what you think ABOUT WOMEN, there is a reason why only the girls in this anime are being discriminated. If you think this is a rape scene for wank, you are blind, it is clear that this anime will be heavy with mature themes. if you don't understand the story, don't criticise any aspect of it and don't watch it (Your brain is too small to realize the topic of this anime).

About the incest and the paedophilia portrayal in this anime , this only reinforce what the topic the anime is going to be based on. i think the brother only thinks of younger sister as a tool to breed children, i dare say its exactly what men see girls nowadays. this anime is reflecting the modern attitudes towards girls AND MANY WILL NOT LIKE IT.
Oct 7, 2014 7:06 PM
Jun 2009
ryuixyui said:
For those who are criticizing this anime because of the rape scene, look around you. Almost any show in TV today save for kids shows have sexual themes on them, but are spineless to actually portray sex or rape. If you follow the story rather than focusing in the rape scene, you will know why the anime may have included this. This is like a wake up call. It shows a girl, being trampled by society, discriminated and treated like trash, exactly how we see and treat girls today as sluts (Not my opinion). This is a anime intended for girls and the first episode showed it.

The writers aren't afraid to include the rape scene as it really impacts what you think ABOUT WOMEN, there is a reason why only the girls in this anime are being discriminated. If you think this is a rape scene for wank, you are blind, it is clear that this anime will be heavy with mature themes. if you don't understand the story, don't criticise any aspect of it and don't watch it (Your brain is too small to realize the topic of this anime).

About the incest and the paedophilia portrayal in this anime , this only reinforce what the topic the anime is going to be based on. i think the brother only thinks of younger sister as a tool to breed children, i dare say its exactly what men see girls nowadays. this anime is reflecting the modern attitudes towards girls AND MANY WILL NOT LIKE IT.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

No wait! A little more...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Okay!
Oct 7, 2014 8:47 PM

Oct 2014
ryuixyui said:

OMG

everything makes so much sense now!

thanks, man

I have been watching some masterpiece without even realizing it

I can't even...

Oct 7, 2014 9:58 PM

Jan 2009
I!!! Am!!! So!!! In!!! For the ride
Oct 8, 2014 12:14 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
LOL. Entertain me Sunrise. Never disappoints.... :/
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 8, 2014 12:17 AM

Nov 2012
ryuixyui said:

lmao
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Oct 8, 2014 3:20 AM

Sep 2014
ryuixyui said:
a tool to breed children, i dare say its exactly what men see girls nowadays

That's a very weird conclusion. Are you perhaps stuck in medieval times? Bad people are everywhere and in both sexes, don't generalize so much, nothing good comes from that. Besides I would say that children are a fairly unwanted thing nowadays, especially among young adults.
[b]Men talk of killing time, while time quietly kills them.

Oct 8, 2014 7:05 AM

Feb 2014
Damn that will be my guilty pleasure of the year :D
Oct 8, 2014 7:46 AM

May 2013
Did something happen in the episode? I had the "Aaaand dropped."-moment in the beginning when she got out of her mech midair to shoot at the dragon with her tiny handgun, even though a second before a barrage of rockets to the face didn't even scratch it.

That wasn't a cool scene, just illogical and incredible stupid at the same time. (Also dropped it because of the generic royal princesses and almost only female characters for obvious fanservice.)

Reading this thread makes me feel like I really dodged a bullet there by not sticking around for the whole episode. xD

(btw. funny how few try to explain it away and justify it even though it's obviously exactly what it looks like - fanservice, lots and lots of maybe even weird fanservice.)
DancingJackOct 8, 2014 8:00 AM
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Oct 8, 2014 7:50 AM
Jul 2018
Rape? Examining body parts?

Has no one here ever been to jail or watched a prison show?

its called a cavity search. its nothing sexual, it happens alot in prison when they suspect you of smuggling something in unfortunately.

Not that I agree with it but it does happen.

But there was no rape..
Oct 8, 2014 8:55 AM

Aug 2013
Now in France, we have to pay for watching this anime cause of this "shocking scene"...
Oct 8, 2014 9:07 AM

Mar 2011
I feel bad for Shikata Akiko for doing the music for this anime. I just hope that she gets more exposure because of this, uh, anime
Oct 8, 2014 11:21 AM
Feb 2013
trabeus1 said:
RazorRamona200 said:
Geeeezzzz, Does this anime have to run for 24 episodes?

*its 25

If you didn't like it then don't watch it.

Oh don't worry, pendejo, I will, after I watch a few more epsiodes.
Oct 8, 2014 11:44 AM

Sep 2014
ryuixyui said:

Okay what the hell is this shit? this is just the most retarded post i've ever seen I mean really?

all men use women for making kids? what kind of world have you been living in?

but in all seriousness that was a really dumb ass thing to post because your basically saying all guys just use women to rape them in which case is just insulting to every guy around the world.
Carefree859Oct 8, 2014 12:53 PM
Oct 8, 2014 5:43 PM
Dec 2012
whitehairkaneki said:
ryuixyui said:

Okay what the hell is this shit? this is just the most retarded post i've ever seen I mean really?

but in all seriousness that was a really dumb ass thing to post because your basically saying all guys just use women to rape them in which case is just insulting to every guy around the world.

Check mainstream media, you'll know what I'm talking about. Even the writers of this anime joke about it being "Feminist".
Oct 8, 2014 5:50 PM

Sep 2014
ryuixyui said:
whitehairkaneki said:

Check mainstream media, you'll know what I'm talking about. Even the writers of this anime joke about it being "Feminist".

I'm not gonna argue with you I have my opinion and you have yours.
Oct 9, 2014 5:30 AM

Nov 2013
In my opinion, everyone seems to be judging the show based on the first episode, which while i can't really fault them because the way it was executed was well........different, people seem to be just missing the bigger picture in general. But anyways, like some others have said, I will give it the 3 episode rule as well
Anime gave me more life lessons than school
Oct 9, 2014 6:09 AM

Apr 2013
ryuixyui said:

yeah because those are the only problems with this show LOL
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is there anywhere online where I can watch this legally?

Aletheia_xxx - Yesterday

1 by FramingTheNarrat »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

331 by jiashun02 »»
Oct 22, 2023 3:16 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

194 by Babieca009 »»
Aug 17, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

131 by FireRifle64 »»
Aug 8, 2023 1:03 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

285 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 4:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.