Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 4, 2014 10:02 AM

May 2014
Remove the harem aspects and this would be great.

And then they tell me that light novels are good lel.
Oct 4, 2014 10:02 AM

Jul 2007
vince1996 said:
I'm kind of lost what happened?

That's what happens when you stuff almost whole volume of night novel into 20 mins.
Oct 4, 2014 10:11 AM

Jan 2011
I actually really liked the first episode. It wasn't spectacular by any means but I was engaged during the duration. I like the characters. Shame to hear that this, even after one episode, is rushed and not adapting the LN appropriately.
Oct 4, 2014 10:15 AM

Aug 2010
Really sad that it's being pretty rushed :(

Other than that I think it was quite nice actually. Loved the atmosphere and the character designs along with the art. All were nicely depicted :3

Loved how BA Tigre is being depicted. Dat calm archery!!

Ellen was quite cute too ^^
Oct 4, 2014 10:23 AM

Sep 2011
Never read the LN but the manga i do, the anime is super fast! They skip a lot of comedy and fanservice, like seriously why? The anime is so serious with bunch of hot girls with big melons. I give 2 or 3 more episode, i was seriously hype for this.......
Oct 4, 2014 10:28 AM

Nov 2012
Expected something more going by the poster (didn't really research the manga). I didn't hate it, but, well, it could've been a lot better. I think the outfits and the overall design of the environments/weapons/armor/characters blows.
Oct 4, 2014 10:30 AM

Jul 2013
That was better than I expected. I thought it was going to be another generic harem ecchi along the lines of Blade Dance or Dragonar but it wasn't. I was so glad when I found that the female MC isn't an abusive tsundere and it doesn't seem like there'd be any of those "I caught you with another girl so I'll hit you"-kind of situation with her. I'm also glad the MC didn't shriek out with fear when he happened upon Ellenora bathing.

The setting is interesting and at least got me curious enough to see where this is going and more about their world. The animation quality is superb (though I doubt it'll be consistent and ever be as good as this ever again) and the ED song is quite nice. Let's hope they don't screw this up.
Oct 4, 2014 10:31 AM

Jun 2013
well it was meh at best but we'll see how it goes

Jan 2013
generic light novel adaptation. Tits fantasy with more tits than fantasy.

Oct 2013
Having heard a bunch of good things about the LN, I was very interested in this first episode. I honestly can't tell it was rushed and I'm very interested in the strategies and war I've been told is coming up. I plan on reading the LNs pretty soon but for a first episode, this wasn't bad at all.

I do hope nothing bad happens to Tigre's place while he's being stalled by Ellen. Also, archery is a pretty good alternative to all the sword-fighting MCs we've had so far. I'm surprised the fanservice doesn't bother me much but then, you probably shouldn't be watching anime tagged as harem/ecchi if that kind of stuff bothers you in the first place.

The OP was by far my favorite thing about this episode. Who sings it?

Solid opening. 3/5. Picked up show number 2 for the Fall.
Oct 4, 2014 10:32 AM

Apr 2014
I think this show still can go either way: the OP and the animation was good but the plot and characters so far were bit of a let down. If the plot will pick up and/or the battles will be good then it might be a good show. Here's hoping to that it will.
your waifu is shit
Oct 4, 2014 10:33 AM

Aug 2014
cyborgneko999 said:
Never read the LN but the manga i do, the anime is super fast! They skip a lot of comedy and fanservice, like seriously why? The anime is so serious with bunch of hot girls with big melons. I give 2 or 3 more episode, i was seriously hype for this.......

The manga for madan this a bad adaptation
Oct 4, 2014 10:35 AM

Apr 2014
Negative opinions all around, huh?

I loved it! I thought the pace was fine. Not a huge fan of the fanservice but, whatever. The main character isn't a coward or dense either, which is a big plus! AND he's an archer! Awesome. Can't wait for more.
Oct 4, 2014 10:37 AM
Oct 2013
mlcdl said:
niknasr said:
Aside from rushed, is it really that bad of an adaptation?

More than bad. That episode content was worth of least 2-3 episodes when it comes to usual adaptation.

Can you tell me what the important bits that is missing? I want to read it.. I thought the explanation flowed smoothly..
I cannot bring myself to rate anime that I have completed below 5. Well, it just because I have use up my precious time to watch it. so, the worse you will get from me is 5 (changes may apply)
Oct 4, 2014 10:40 AM

Jan 2014
nice first episode...I'm pretty much excited on the next episode...this seems good...on the fact that this anime had a good start...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Oct 4, 2014 10:45 AM

Jan 2014
Decent episode and I quite liked the OP and ED.

Felt a little weird that he acclimatized that quickly to his life as a 'prisoner'. And while the pacing was evidently fast, it still somewhat worked. Don't like the sound of half a volume being shoved into a single episode, nonetheless. That never positively effects a show.

So hopefully the pacing won't kill the whole 'strategic war' aspect by omitting too many details, which seems inevitable already.

I personally liked most of the character designs, too. Quite a lot actually. Aside from that one maid from the MC's homeland...
As for the fanservice, I didn't mind the showering scene at all, but that whole breast jiggling was unnecessary.

So yeah, overall a decent start.
Oct 4, 2014 11:02 AM

Oct 2010
I read the manga and people this actually a nice harem series. It's not your typical dumb ass male lead.

So far it was at a nice pace compared to the manga. i dont read the LN so i'm not sure how they feel.
Oct 4, 2014 11:02 AM

Mar 2013
niknasr said:
mlcdl said:

More than bad. That episode content was worth of least 2-3 episodes when it comes to usual adaptation.

Can you tell me what the important bits that is missing? I want to read it.. I thought the explanation flowed smoothly..

Most of what was missed was Character building and how Tigre slowly built up a relationship with the soldiers and staff around the palace.

Two major parts where left out, overall Tigre is in the palace for just over a month by the time event at the end of the episode happened.

NewhopesOct 4, 2014 11:06 AM

Oct 4, 2014 11:03 AM
RNGod

Jul 2009
rushed but its ok.. still worth to watch for me..
Oct 4, 2014 11:04 AM

Aug 2014
Newhopes said:
niknasr said:

Most of what was missed was Character building and how Tigre slowly built up a relationship with the soldiers and staff around the palace.

Two major parts where left out, overall Tigre is in the palace for just over a month by the time the the end of the episode happened.

what about why the war happened in the frist place ?
Oct 4, 2014 11:12 AM

Mar 2013
ikramit said:
Newhopes said:

Two major parts where left out, overall Tigre is in the palace for just over a month by the time the the end of the episode happened.

what about why the war happened in the frist place ?

They didn't really miss anything vital from that it was just a minor border incident that blow out of proportions due to the prince been there, would have been nice to see more of it but it wasn't really vital to see it even in the novel it's mostly shown as a flash back.

Oct 4, 2014 11:15 AM

Mar 2014
I've been looking forward to the adaption of this! The OP song is decent and it does show promise. Also the MC seems to be quite capable in combat and not a complete dunce.
Oct 4, 2014 11:37 AM

Sep 2007
Do we can hope for AT-X uncensored version ?
Or not ? :)
I prefer to wait until knowing the answer.
Oct 4, 2014 11:42 AM

Feb 2009
ShiroiRyu said:
Do we can hope for AT-X uncensored version ?
Or not ? :)
I prefer to wait until knowing the answer.
It's actually airing on AT-X first.
Oct 4, 2014 11:48 AM
Oct 2013
Newhopes said:
niknasr said:

Two major parts where left out, overall Tigre is in the palace for just over a month by the time event at the end of the episode happened.

About the relationship he has with the palace I think it have a few instances that shown in the anime, well I will read the volume 1 of it.. Thanks!!!
I cannot bring myself to rate anime that I have completed below 5. Well, it just because I have use up my precious time to watch it. so, the worse you will get from me is 5 (changes may apply)
Oct 4, 2014 11:51 AM

May 2014
The MC seems to be alright in this, need to see a bit more though.

Also the OP and ED were great.

Entertaining first episode, I am looking forward to more.
Oct 4, 2014 11:59 AM

Oct 2011
The first of my garbage ecchi/harem of the season. This one isn't as bad as a few of the previous fall selections, but eh. Should be easy enough to complete.
Oct 4, 2014 12:01 PM

May 2012
not a bad start.. but probably gonna drop this sooner or later, hope not..

Oct 4, 2014 12:25 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
-temaris- said:
I actually enjoyed it very much.
Hearing that it crammed half a volume into this episode alone, well, too bad.

Same, this was one of my maybe ptw, but I liked it. The character designs are cute without being too cute, especially Tigre. I'm already liking this guy and his amazing archery skills (and IshiKai~). Ellen and LIm are pretty cool too. The OP song was good too. It did felt semi rushed though since it seems like some time has already passed since Tigre arrived at the palace. I'm easily impressed by first episodes though, so we'll see how this goes.
Oct 4, 2014 12:38 PM
Oct 4, 2014 12:45 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
Disappointed by how badly they rushed this episode. Aside from the narrative, the omitted, still-novel-only scenes are what were responsible for drawing me so strongly into this series in the first place. All that lost build-up and development. The first volume could easily have been fleshed out across four episodes from start to finish.

On the upside, I do like the character design artwork.
Oct 4, 2014 12:57 PM

Jun 2012
Was better and more serious than expected, hope it won't become an oppai-driven show.
Oct 4, 2014 1:00 PM
Jun 2014
SmartCookie said:
Was better and more serious than expected, hope it won't become an oppai-driven show.

yea i agree i hope it wont be all about boobs, and its much faster paced than i thought.
Oct 4, 2014 1:03 PM
Jul 2014
I like the art.....
Oct 4, 2014 1:14 PM
Nov 2013
Haven't seen a series like this in a while. Do me good in FAL 2014!

As for the actual show, I enjoyed it. The opening song was EPIC. I also really like Eleonora. Can't wait to see what happens next episode.
Oct 4, 2014 1:17 PM

Aug 2007
Disappointed novel wise but viewing it normally I'm liking it already. The OP and ED are good and the visuals aren't bad at all. I hope they can keep this up!
Oct 4, 2014 1:34 PM
Jul 2013
When I heard "You are now mine" i was like omfg dxd style anime WITH A STORY

OMFG 24WEJRASDFKLAJS;FKLASJFKL;JASKL FUCK HER RIGHT IN THE PU$$Y
Oct 4, 2014 1:42 PM

Apr 2013
This was the look on my face for about 50% of the episode:

I came here for dat "plot" (aka tits) but this may be a semi-interesting harem-ecchi show. I'll probably stick around for a while.
dankzelOct 4, 2014 2:06 PM
Oct 4, 2014 1:42 PM

Mar 2012
I thought this was going to be just another disappointing anime but I liked it pretty much to be honest.
Oct 4, 2014 1:47 PM

Mar 2010
This shit reeks of Maou Yuusha.

I was expecting the worst; for Tigre to be so pathetic and spineless that he wouldn't know where his own penis is. But then I found him to be a more generous (Marvel's Avenger) Hawkeye. So I guess "cool bow and arrow" (aka Bro & Arrow) are making a comeback, huh?
Oct 4, 2014 1:50 PM

Mar 2013
look like a typical Action/Fantasy/harem with overpowered young "healthy" girls,
dont know anything about the manga or the novel but i agree with this been rush.

anyway i love harem so i will keep it for now :)
Oct 4, 2014 2:04 PM

Mar 2013
That was pretty decent yet a bit rushed. The character design seems pretty typical but it's gorgeous. It reminds me of Seikoku no Dragonar. Nice start.
Oct 4, 2014 2:05 PM

Mar 2008
mlcdl said:
niknasr said:
Aside from rushed, is it really that bad of an adaptation?

That's definitely 3 eps worth, eps should probably end somewhere like that: 1st @ Ellen telling Tigre he's her belonging nao, 2nd after the fetival and 3rd where they finished that mess of a 1s episode...
Oct 4, 2014 2:07 PM

Apr 2014
Feels too rushed
Oct 4, 2014 2:08 PM

Sep 2012
From a guy that knows nothing of the novel or the story in general, it's pretty good for the first episode. I do sense a feeling of rushed as hell from this though. I would've liked a bit more story and background for everything. That aside, the art and OP&ED are great.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Oct 4, 2014 2:19 PM

Apr 2008
OP was great and the art style is done well. Albeit the content is abit rushed which can be disappointing from a light novel readers POV, but those who haven't read the light novel this first episode does stick to the key points of the first volume and of course leave in the fan service parts.

Oct 4, 2014 2:37 PM

Jul 2012
OP was okay, animation good too. The pace feels a bit on the high side. Looks promising!
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Oct 4, 2014 2:57 PM

Dec 2011
The story is rather decent, although I would have wanted to see a little more Tigre's past or something along those lines and not just jump straight with the fight already ending.

The character are tolerable with most of the girls being positive oppai from what I've seen and the animation is good I would say, plus the wind sword was really cool.

I'll keep watching and see how things unfold.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Oct 4, 2014 3:18 PM
Dec 2011
FakerEmiya said:
OP was great and the art style is done well. Albeit the content is abit rushed which can be disappointing from a light novel readers POV, but those who haven't read the light novel this first episode does stick to the key points of the first volume and of course leave in the fan service parts.

Well if non-LN reader like it, that means the anime done it's job
For me i'm a novel reader of this show, but as long as they can make the plot smooth enough, i don't mind they cut anything(especially after i watched Arpeggio anime, because that show give me a signal:anime is anime, source material is source material, don't put them together when you watch/read it lol)
D-JoeOct 4, 2014 3:48 PM
Oct 4, 2014 3:40 PM

Apr 2010
I have been reading the manga for a while and considered reading the novel but shamefully i didn't have the time.
As for the anime there are some differences but i can't see i am dissatisfied except for the part that they left out a good Rin joke.
Another thing that is very noticeable is that Eleanoir is called senki (Battle maiden) while in the manga she was called a Vanadis and i am not sure why they changed it in the manga.
There was also some lack in explanation but this isn't unusual in anime adaptions.

Thing i am most surprised about is Eleanoir's voice which is done by Tomatsu Haruka (no offence to her fans) but i think it lacks aggressiveness and charisma.
Judging from the manga and her position and the role she plays i think her voice is to kind and i am not sure if it fits her.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

181 by Talamare »»
Mar 28, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

141 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Oct 7, 2023 2:01 PM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

81 by Overcast93 »»
Dec 29, 2022 7:52 AM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2014

75 by 2life »»
Sep 10, 2022 3:38 PM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

72 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 23, 2022 7:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.