Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Oct 6, 2014 3:09 PM

Dec 2012
First drop fall '14 :D
Srsly, it is unwatchable with all the censoring, and that is probably the main horror aspect of this anime...I might check out the manga though, is it worth reading?
Oct 6, 2014 3:22 PM

Dec 2012
Gsimp said:
Okay, so the enemies are gigantic, superintelligent radroaches with SNK titan-like laughable faces and shredded six-, errm, tenpacks that are super-op and can pretty much destroy an entire spaceship full of humans just like that? Wow...

Makes all the blood and gore censoring even more laughable because if anything needs censoring on this show it's those roaches' frigging faces.

Titans are cute and pretty! *^*

Yes, just like that. Except that humans in a spaceship is more vulnerable than sugar in a water.
Oct 6, 2014 6:09 PM

Sep 2011
If you want to know how is this series without the black bars... watch the OVA. No censorship, regular plot.
Oct 6, 2014 11:28 PM
Nov 2013
The entire appeal of the manga is watching the interesting ways roaches and humans adapt to fight each other. If they're going to censor all the gore, there's barely any point in watching. At least I hope the BDs will be better.
Oct 7, 2014 3:12 AM

Nov 2012
CookingPriest said:
straggy said:
I wish people would stop downrating shows just for censors - they can't show it uncensored on TV, same way you can't show a sex scene on TV at 2pm. It's common sense, jesus christ. If they could, they would. Stop hating on shows for things they legally can't change right now. If you think the show's bad then fine, but for censors? Really? Grow up. It's not their fault. If you wanna see it uncensored that bad then the uncensored versions'll be out on blu ray soon.

Obsessive Censorship defies the point.

Can you imagine watching the first Alien movie if everytime something SCARY happened, the screen would turn to kittens?

What's more, the show also rushed through(read: skipped) a huge part of character development for characters, so even if the violence was present, there's no reason to feel ANYTHING for these characters getting murdered.
Thing is. even in the manga there's hardly any reason to feel anything when the characters die. Character development isn't the strongest point of the author so far and it's even worse in the anime. There's a part in the manga where you learn one of the characters' abilities and he/she dies pretty much on the next page lol
Oct 7, 2014 3:25 AM

Nov 2012
lejon_brames said:
The entire appeal of the manga is watching the interesting ways roaches and humans adapt to fight each other. If they're going to censor all the gore, there's barely any point in watching. At least I hope the BDs will be better.
^ This. And considering how often people/roaches die during the fights, we're not going to see much of them :(
Oct 7, 2014 4:09 AM

Apr 2010
The censorship is really awful, I mean can't they come with something creative? Seriously the whole blackout thing is annoying as hell.

Though I'm sure I'd be equally grossed out too. . .

Another note, those things are totally gross looking. . . . Freakin' cockroaches.
Oct 7, 2014 12:10 PM

Jul 2012
That censorship is a real killer to the anime, I will keep watching because I loved the manga.

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Oct 7, 2014 2:00 PM
Apr 2011
Black bars ruined the show. I'll just read the manga.
Oct 8, 2014 1:05 AM

Oct 2013
so it's gonna be that kinda show :3
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Oct 8, 2014 9:04 AM

Apr 2014
HAHAHA HAHAHA That was terrible. I didnt mind the censoring, whatever I can picture it myself but damn what a Turd. How random were those big ol boobies!?! Anyway, I will probably keep watching this . . .
Oct 8, 2014 5:42 PM

Apr 2013
StefanMZ said:
As always censorship just had to ruin things...

^This

I don't know if I need to continue this anime or drop it. I know it's a bit gore but why they need to censor everything, I couldn't even tell what's happening.

: : My Anime List : :
: : My Manga List : :
Oct 8, 2014 9:53 PM

Jun 2013
Hmmmm, interdasting. Will not watch now. Will wait for Blu rays.
Oct 10, 2014 2:11 PM

Feb 2010
Yeah, it still sucks that action is hindered by the censors, but I still enjoyed this episode. I seriously wonder what'll happen now without any medicine, unless they have another supply somewhere on the ship.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 10, 2014 4:34 PM

Dec 2012
I actually like this show, but the censorship is killing it for me. I won't buy the blurays, so this is dropped for me, shame.
Oct 11, 2014 8:50 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

I was expecting a more somber atmosphere but I see only the very strong component splatter. During the story, there are several points quite original narrative, but there is a bit of regret for the complaints.
Good designs, but you can do more, the animations are average.
I have so many questions, I wonder if the next episode will be answered.
Oct 11, 2014 9:59 AM

Aug 2013
Z4k said:
_Kudo_ said:
Another failure like Tokyo Ghoul, 'cause of this censorship.. too bad

What makes you think think Tokyo Ghoul was a failure? The BD/DVD are selling pretty well for an adaption that was rushed and it helped the manga sell more than 500k each volume.

I don't talk about the BD/DVD but the tv anime.. the censorship is the biggest point, otherwise, chara-desigin and animation, op/ed are pretty good. But compared to the manga, there was better to do, Studio Pierrot spat on the manga.

It has been revealed that the 2nd season'll be an original story...
Oct 12, 2014 5:03 PM

Nov 2012
[quote=mayukachan]
xSanox said:
I'm saying, I'm not that bothered by it.

Same here, like the case with Blood-C where they also put some censorship at that half screen. Yea and of course with Tokyo Ghoul too. Just looking at their expressions is enough to confirm that theyre in terror.
Tho Im still confused by the medicine that they needed all of a sudden. I hope the next episode they will tell us with the explanation of the medicine, and after the show start with the explanation, they will continue with the scene from where the cockroaches break all the medicines bottles.
The ED song feels better than the OP song. Anyone agree with me?
Oct 12, 2014 5:41 PM

Feb 2013
It finally started getting good and censored...

On hold. If I'm gonna watch this at all, I'll wait so the censors don't completely ruin it.
Oct 12, 2014 8:23 PM

May 2009
The only reason that can make me continue watching this is the opening lol
Oct 12, 2014 8:52 PM

Mar 2012
The story basically surrounds high amounts of unnecessary gore and if they're going to censor all of them then it's basically watching a black screen for more than half the time.
Oct 13, 2014 3:34 PM

Dec 2010
man i skipped thru the first half, maybe even 2/3rds of the episode :( i'll watch the next episode since i wanna know how those roaches got on the ship, but looks like this will be dropped Dx

i wanted to like this! but this anime isn't very captivating. i wouldn't say it's poorly executed but feels rushed idk??
Oct 14, 2014 9:06 AM

Mar 2010
robis798 said:
Lylaaz said:
I dont think the anime should be rated by the censorship. It#s not actually part of the content, you know. It's just something they slap on extra. Just wait for the uncensored bluray then, geez.

I dont find anything pleasuring in seeing ripped off body parts so i am totally fine with as it is. Definitely watching next episode.

Though it's the worst censoring I have seen, I agree. That action part wasn't the main part of the episode so I don't know why people are crying about it.

Glad you agree. I dont know either.
Oct 15, 2014 7:06 PM

Jun 2008
Ok, the ship was just entering the Mars atmosphere. No matter how strong or capable this roach-men are they could possibly invade the ship unless they were already there. Something is really fishy here.
Also the fucking cockroach-men are smart. They went after the medicine. That's double trouble there.
Actually they are smarter than the humans in this episode. Why was all the drug in there and why didn't they have some in easy access places to be used?

I don't know why so many people call this awful. It's quite an addictive show actually. Yes the censoring isn't nice but that is that and how good the show is is another.
Oct 16, 2014 2:07 AM

Jul 2013
The opening and ending song were cool.
Oct 17, 2014 3:28 PM

Sep 2013
So they're all pretty much screwed now without medicine.
Oct 25, 2014 7:41 PM

Dec 2010
Just watched the uncensored version.

Holy SHIT that cockroach just RIPPED that guy's head out with his spine. And then used his spine like a whip to behead like 3 more people (is that even physically possible without breaking the spine?) Dayum HAHA.
Oct 26, 2014 12:45 PM

Apr 2011
Wow, the uncensored version was some pretty hardcore shit. Now I see why half the screen was blacked out. It was either that or just cut some of the scenes out entirely. Hooray for the roach who pulled a Sub Zero spine-rip. Now when I watch episode 3 I get to see it without all the big black dots censoring the severed heads ...

Good, gory fun!
Oct 31, 2014 5:08 PM

Feb 2014
Without censorship this show is pretty gore, i love it right now, let's see next episode.
Nov 1, 2014 5:44 PM

Sep 2012
All that censoring is just plain stupid. I was screaming at my tv the whole time but I'm liking it but that damn censoring WTF!
Nov 4, 2014 7:50 AM

Apr 2014
Pknoctis said:
Just watched the uncensored version.

Holy SHIT that cockroach just RIPPED that guy's head out with his spine. And then used his spine like a whip to behead like 3 more people (is that even physically possible without breaking the spine?) Dayum HAHA.
This show is epic without censors, This is why y'all need to wait a couple weeks before watching airing anime.
---------My Profile------------
Nov 4, 2014 7:53 AM

Jun 2013
Pretty good.
Nov 11, 2014 5:14 PM

May 2012
holy jesus christ.... that uncensored version doe
Nov 30, 2014 7:55 AM
May 2013
mattz205 said:
holy jesus christ.... that uncensored version doe
That blood, that gore .
About their plan
Dec 12, 2014 5:18 AM

Jan 2011
Now I'm just guessing that the TerraFormars are insanely buff dudes with the ability to squeeze through doors.

That spinal sword was too epic. Glad that I'm now watching the uncensored version.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Dec 29, 2014 12:13 PM

May 2012
Well that escalated quickly! I wonder how they actually got on? Where they being shipped or what's up with the sudden invasion? Let's find out what's going on here!
Jan 12, 2015 5:41 AM
May 2012
Pretty cool opening and ending song.
Alright, we got boobs and real gore, baby!! Them ladies are hot :3
Hmmm.......I like the comedy. Aw man, that sucks!! That girl was hot, man.
Seriously, those cockroaches looks funny as fuck. Like, abs, really?? It seems that they have intelligence. They freaking slaughtered them. Reminded me of SnK.
Awesome shit. Let's see what's next!!
Apr 8, 2015 6:37 PM

Jan 2012
holy fuck @ spinal cord whip

boner achieved..
Jul 25, 2015 6:49 AM

Jul 2013
this is a bit... weird. Most of the time the camera is zoomed in in their faces. And how the hell did those giant roaches got in their ship?
Oct 23, 2015 3:57 AM

Jan 2015
The shower scene was unexpected! Damn, them Terraformers are horrifyingly strong and much scarier than Titans! I want to play as one in Mortal Kombat! No joke, it would totally fit in with the series, it pretty much did a classic Sub-Zero fatality on the guy with the gun.
Mar 26, 2016 1:33 AM

Jun 2013
The censorship killed me :( Jagged black screens left and right. Jesus Christ, Japan creates Anime with innards spilling out like in Corpse Party and Elfen Lied and we get censorship in Terra Formars that sucks the life out of the series.

I'm still going to watch it since the story seems good but the censorship is pissing me off so much right now.

That 바퀴벌레 (cockroach) has abs like no other.
臭い-
Apr 15, 2016 11:52 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Thank god I'm watching it uncensored. Gore fest indeed, but a fun one.

3/5
Jun 29, 2016 5:44 AM

Dec 2015
How the hell did they get inside? Damn that's nasty, I didn't expect things to go south this fast
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 23, 2016 8:41 PM

Feb 2015
Wasn't expecting the roach ship invasion and the ensuing slaughter before they crew even landed. Also wasn't expecting them to be smart enough to hit the medicine storehouse. And all after the slice-of-lifey first half. Curious to see what's next.

Apr 1, 2017 11:51 PM

May 2016
The artstyle reminds me of Shigurui except that they're in space with cockroaches. They even added in the Fatalities.

Positive and negative boobies attract so that pretty much means that there'll be yuri soon~ I like Sheila's cute lips :3

39 days went by so fast and before they even reached their destination, those JojoRoaches suddenly appeared and teared the humans apart in an ironic interspecies karmatic way. Holy shit, that spine whip is so OP. I wanna play a game with something like that!

Looks like the chances that they'll be using the medicine in action are slim @_@ That chrome wasp close-up in the ED was cool.

Aug 3, 2020 2:48 AM
Nov 2014
Mayuka said:
Oh, i thought the girl in the shower commit suicide or something lol.

I also made the same assumption - thought the poor girl got psyched out and hanged herself in the shower.

But lol, I'm just here laughing at myself because I really just committed to watching 13 episodes of alien cockroaches and a ship full of lots of stupid commanding officers that kept all their assets in one place and allowed for what could possibly be the most egregious security breach ever. It's like watching Blue Gender all over again; kmn. Lol
Aug 10, 2021 2:47 AM

Mar 2020
Ooh, so many people complains are about the censorship.

Thank god i watched it uncensored.
Subscribe to my Youtube : Rosvl Studio

I post Skits, Fingerstyle about Anime, F1 and many more :)

Link In My Profile!!
Nov 19, 2021 8:52 PM

Jul 2017
Bruh, all these censorship complaints from way back. It definitely must have been rough lmao!

Watching this uncensored and this shit was wild. That was some proper brutal action. I lost it when one of those big fellas just starting whipping with that head still attached to the spinal cord. Like, goddamn! xD

Mar 8, 2022 3:12 PM

May 2017
Seriously terrifying. Love all the casual bullshit, the Captain telling them all to fuck???? The roach people are scarryyy
Mar 29, 4:10 PM

Dec 2022
Holy shit, that was amazing. These roaches were every bit as brutal as I hoped they would be. Everything from the eerie shower fakeout to straight up decapitating people with someone's spine was insane. Laughed my ass off at that.

So much for the Terraformar roaches being unable to plan. With their evolved human morphology seemed to come human intellect, and they knew to destroy the serum syringes once they got on board. The only question is how they got on board, because they shouldn't be able to leave the surface of Mars, and they aren't small enough to infiltrate the ship undetected. The only thing that could mean is that some of them were already on the ship when it left the planet.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2014

194 by JVskunkape »»
May 16, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2014

348 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 30, 2:59 AM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2014

125 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2014

73 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 10:02 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2014

54 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 9:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.