Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Oct 4, 2014 7:13 AM

Jul 2007
rederoin said:
CookingPriest said:

Obsessive Censorship defies the point.

Can you imagine watching the first Alien movie if everytime something SCARY happened, the screen would turn to kittens?

Its still not the choice of the animation studio to censor it like this. If you want to blame somebody, go rant about the tv station.

ITIS a choice of studio to omit crucial parts of storyline though and rush it.
Oct 4, 2014 7:29 AM
Jan 2014
CookingPriest said:
rederoin said:

Its still not the choice of the animation studio to censor it like this. If you want to blame somebody, go rant about the tv station.

ITIS a choice of studio to omit crucial parts of storyline though and rush it.

And that's something that most people won't just simply understand. With all the plot and character developement gone, what is there to like about this anime? The only redeeming trait is JOHJ, and even without the censorship, that still wouldn't be enough to justify anything. They should've just made it an ONA with proper pacing and directing and call it a day.

I'm not familiar with the source material, but even if Terra Formars was intented to be taken as a parody of Hollywood blockbusters, then being broadcasted in an ONA format would have suited it even more.
ResidentOct 4, 2014 8:30 AM
Oct 4, 2014 7:42 AM

Apr 2014
ughhh i didn't really care for censoring in tokyo ghoul but in terraformars it literally is unwatchable they just cover half the god damn screen >.<
There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day... not even Death himself can take my life away!~Zoro
Oct 4, 2014 7:56 AM
Oct 2012
tch, i love gore anime.
but they always rarely have more than 1 cour epsd.
WHY???
Oct 4, 2014 8:33 AM

Sep 2013
I already read the manga so whatever with the censoring :)

The Mega N!gga's have arrived XD

JOHJ JOHJ JOHJ JOHJ JOHJ JOHJ JOHJ JOHJ

These are the gruesome deaths with organs and sh!t, maybe they'll turn it down later with the non gory deaths.

ichii_1Oct 4, 2014 10:31 AM
Oct 4, 2014 8:40 AM

Jul 2010
I will do the same as with Tokyo Ghoul and just wait for the Bluray for this...
Oct 4, 2014 9:05 AM
Sep 2014
Wow. This actually manages to have worse censorship than Tokyo Censors. At least with that show, they used shadows and crap to make it look at least a little stylish. But this is literally just half the screen cut off. :( Still gonna watch it though.
Oct 4, 2014 9:22 AM
Mar 2014
An ok episode overall. I was hoping we won't spend a ton of time on the ship which was good. They also did a good job establishing just how terrifying those roaches are though I would've liked to see a small fight before it ended. The roaches are pretty smart though going after the drugs and such. Wonder how they'll survive this encounter. Hoping that next episode is full of fighting roaches seeing where we end and how things are in general.

babymilo91 said:
Oh man the roaches have invaded their ship already. Those deaths look pretty gruesome even with the censors.

this. Some of that stuff seemed brutal. Maybe a bit less censoring or something but I don't know if I would like it being completely brutal (I do enjoy akame ga kill though so who knows lol).
Oct 4, 2014 9:29 AM

Aug 2008
I'm surprised people complain mainly about censoring instead of it being pretty badly written. Transitions are bad, characters are bland and it would be hard to have death flag trope be more in your face. True, censoring is really badly done but it's not like showing that gore would make that show good.

By the way, shouldn't they carry these drugs with them all the time? E. g. have syringe with it incorporated into these stupid looking suits. Kind of a dumb idea to go fight aliens with your only weapon stored away. Not even safely at that.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 4, 2014 10:22 AM

Apr 2014
wow what's whit the sencor, that's so annoying
Oct 4, 2014 11:21 AM

Sep 2011
The censorship omg! wth?? I was thinking about dropping this & wait for the uncensored version.....
Oct 4, 2014 11:35 AM

Mar 2013
CookingPriest said:
What's more, the show also rushed through(read: skipped) a huge part of character development for characters, so even if the violence was present, there's no reason to feel ANYTHING for these characters getting murdered.

We literally saw in this episode that they took a thing they didn't show in the first episode (Komachi talking to Sheila whilst she's crying) and presented it as a flashback. In fact, pretty much all they skipped was backstory or can easily be made into a flashback when it's relevant. Showing it in a different order is just adapting the story for TV. Animes don't need to follow mangas to the letter like everyone seems to think they do for some stupid reason - they can change when backstory happens to fit with the new form of media. Just because they didn't show it yet doesn't mean they won't show it at all.
Oct 4, 2014 11:45 AM

Jul 2007
straggy said:
CookingPriest said:
What's more, the show also rushed through(read: skipped) a huge part of character development for characters, so even if the violence was present, there's no reason to feel ANYTHING for these characters getting murdered.

We literally saw in this episode that they took a thing they didn't show in the first episode (Komachi talking to Sheila whilst she's crying) and presented it as a flashback. In fact, pretty much all they skipped was backstory or can easily be made into a flashback when it's relevant. Showing it in a different order is just adapting the story for TV. Animes don't need to follow mangas to the letter like everyone seems to think they do for some stupid reason - they can change when backstory happens to fit with the new form of media. Just because they didn't show it yet doesn't mean they won't show it at all.

"Yes let's add character development at the end AFTER everything that that characterdevelopment was supposed to make us feel for"

BRILLIANT IDEA....
Oct 4, 2014 12:24 PM

Jul 2010
bloodyfox said:
MEsoJD said:
Really, what do you want them to do about the censorship? It's obviously gory like Tokyo Ghoul and I'm pretty sure a lot of those scenes aren't tv friendly. Don't hate on the show, just for that.

What the fuck are you all talking about? Horriblesubs rips all their shows from Crunchyroll and other sites like that. Crunchyroll could have an age restricted version without censorship, but either they don't give a fuck about their clients or the studio that produced Terra Formars wants to boost the BD sales.

A service like Crunchyroll would need to come up with a deal/more money for them to show an uncensored version before bluray release. A lot of their shows are just the network versions.
Oct 4, 2014 1:06 PM

Oct 2014
Feels like someone wants all Seinen Series to flop and not surpass OP.

Kingdom, TG, TF are being censored to death, though Kingdom got by far the worst treatment with that awful CGI effects in Season I.

Oct 4, 2014 1:18 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
how the hell do I enjoy an episode when more than half of the screen is censored when it matters??????????

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Oct 4, 2014 2:09 PM

Mar 2014
I didn't really mind the censorship cause I read the manga beforehand but I love how they adapted these scenes! They're almost exactly like the manga, the animation is pretty solid. I might wanna buy the BD's just for the uncensored version.

This anime has such good production values, I really hope they don't rush the crap out of it like they did with things like Tokyo Ghoul.
Oct 4, 2014 2:42 PM

Jan 2014
I really enjoyed it, I don't even care so much about the censoring, although
without them, it would've been way better. I like the OP and ED, though. :P
Oct 4, 2014 2:51 PM

Jun 2013
LordPerucho said:
Feels like someone wants all Seinen Series to flop and not surpass OP.

Kingdom, TG, TF are being censored to death, though Kingdom got by far the worst treatment with that awful CGI effects in Season I.
Second season of Kingdom was incredible though, and there was no black screen. But there were some parts which were left out- Cutting off Rinko's fingers or Hakurou's arm.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Oct 4, 2014 2:53 PM
Mar 2014
Feaor said:
This episode felt really slow, I get that they need to do some character building but I feel like nothing really happened for most of the episode. Also it looks like the censoring will be pretty egregious for the whole show and the grizzly deaths and such are pretty much the whole draw of the show. Not optimistic for the rest of the show.

All the characters building are skips right at the first half of episode 1.
Oct 4, 2014 3:06 PM

Mar 2013
CookingPriest said:
straggy said:

"Yes let's add character development at the end AFTER everything that that characterdevelopment was supposed to make us feel for"

BRILLIANT IDEA....

I didn't say the end, oh my god. There's literally episodes of footage before anything impacts a lot of these characters, and plenty of space for flashbacks. In fact, sometimes placing flashbacks during/straight before a traumatic event has a bigger impact, such as the flashback in the first OVA of
. All the trauma at once has a really big impact. There's also flashbacks right at the point when
that they can just add more flashbacks into to give a bigger blow. It's not like we don't
Obviously they're not going to show it all at the end, you're just being ridiculous because you don't want to give the show a chance because they're not just animating the manga word for word. Animes adding their own twist on the story and sometimes adding new scenes is part of the excitement. That's why it's an adaptation, not just "manga in colour and moving ON TV!". They change books for movies in the west and it's often for the better - it's a different media. Saying a show is shit just 2 episodes into a 13 episode run because they moved a flashback is like reading the first chapter of a book, seeing something not explained immediately, and closing it in frustration.
Oct 4, 2014 3:08 PM

Jul 2010
The censorship is indeed bugging me, because I'd like to feel the fullest fear in these scenes but the half black screen just distracts me. But oh well, will keep watching, aside that I'm enjoying the setting and the characters so far. Nice OP btw.
Oct 4, 2014 3:19 PM

Jul 2014
I blame the girl who wished that they never made it to Mars. She stuck a death flag on half the people on the ship.

Oct 4, 2014 4:13 PM

Feb 2010
I'm not going to bother commenting on the censorship, because a lot of people have done that already. :P

I'm pretty sure everyone is thinking this question, but I'm wondering how the cockroaches managed to get on the ship? Hopefully, there'll be at least a decent explanation.

I will admit that this episode was better than the last, but this episode...well, it was good. Not great; just good.

I, too, blame Eva for wishing they never made it to Mars. Now I have a feeling at least half the crew will be dead.

The only other thing I got confused was how some people (Including that big-boobed chick) knew Sheila liked the Captain. At least she said, "How did you know that?"
Oct 4, 2014 5:10 PM

Mar 2014
Hmm interesting.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Oct 4, 2014 5:58 PM

Feb 2012
So I'm guessing the roaches can survive in space and they used the ships that past crews arrived in to get there. That's all I can think of for how they got on the ship lol.
Oct 4, 2014 6:44 PM

Sep 2013
Yvese said:
So I'm guessing the roaches can survive in space and they used the ships that past crews arrived in to get there. That's all I can think of for how they got on the ship lol.

Or someone sneaked them in :O since they clone them on earth now it's easy to get access to one.
Oct 4, 2014 8:46 PM

Jun 2012
censorship was annoying but i can tolerate it, things are getting interesting
Oct 5, 2014 5:23 AM

Aug 2013
Another failure like Tokyo Ghoul, 'cause of this censorship.. too bad
Oct 5, 2014 5:35 AM

Apr 2014
_Kudo_ said:
Another failure like Tokyo Ghoul, 'cause of this censorship.. too bad

What makes you think think Tokyo Ghoul was a failure? The BD/DVD are selling pretty well for an adaption that was rushed and it helped the manga sell more than 500k each volume.
Oct 5, 2014 6:11 AM

Jun 2010
I'm just gonna drop it cuz of the horrible composition. How sad.
Oct 5, 2014 7:11 AM

Apr 2013
CookingPriest said:

Can you imagine watching the first Alien movie if everytime something SCARY happened, the screen would turn to kittens?

Your analogy with Alien, failed since there was not a lot of gore, and death shown in the oringal Alien movie. It was based more in the idea of isolation, and the horrors of technology and birth trauma than this show.

If you used Starship Troopers as instead it would of been better since they fit each others motifs pretty nicely. We shall see if it gets as smart as Starship though later on. So far I think not.

Finished up watching episode two. While the censoring was not as bad as it was put out to be, it was still done extremely lazy by the studio. They could of done it smartly, by cutting away to another view or to a character reaction, or use the idea of camera feeds cutting off one by one as something like that happened. Instead, blocks to censor.

While the studios say how much needs to be censored, and uncensored blu-rays will always drive demand, they could of done it better.

I would like to see more char development, and stop with the lazy romantic relationship thing. Animation is okay, and there has not been much action as touted so I do not want to base it on this. Still the potential this show has is dwindling fast so far. Probably stick with this, since once the bu-rays come out I would of forgotten about it by then.
SnokleOct 5, 2014 7:34 AM
I am starting my own blog now; but you will probably not like it.

https://goodbadotaku.wordpress.com/
Oct 5, 2014 8:39 AM
Apr 2014
Ohh this turned out to be quite interesting. Although it's kinda predictable.
=>
Eva: I wish we'd never arrive at Mars.
My thought: Be careful what you wish for.
Next scene: Cockroach appears on the ship.
Me: I knew it.

Obviously the censoring is really advanced. Last seasons it at least encouraged your imagination(in Tokyo Ghoul you did see half of the screen most times) but in Terra Formars it's just leaving you with nothing to even think about imagining what could have happened in that moment.
Oct 5, 2014 12:02 PM

Oct 2013
STOP CENSORING STUFF PLS.
YOURE TAKING AWAY THE TERROR OF THE SHOW!
Oct 5, 2014 12:11 PM

Jul 2010
Welp... That was pretty bad. The plot is pretty boring so far and with all that censorship it's pretty much pointless to watch.

I read a few comments where some people were complaining about people complaining about the censorship. I think if one would be actually interested in watching this, the only redeeming factor of it would be the violence and gore. But since none of that is visible all you're stuck with is a really bland plot. I'm assuming the manga is better?
Oct 5, 2014 12:32 PM

Feb 2014
I tried. And I gave up. I'm just going to avoid anime that have gore as their selling point from now on.
Oct 5, 2014 12:50 PM

Jun 2014
Personally, I have been pretty disappointed by the anime adaptation of Terra Formars so far, which is quite strange since the manga is one of my favorites. I think the biggest problems, however, stems mainly from the fact of how incredibly rushed the series feels. The manga has around 9 to 10 volumes right now, and it just isn't possible to fit it all into 13 episodes. This series could've easily have been a full 25 episode series, and it would've benefited much from it, especially with the BUGS 2 arc that would've been much better as part of the main series instead of as an OVA. Alot of the complaints about no character development is reasonable, considering how rushed the anime is compared to the manga. In my opinion, the anime would've been 100000X better if they had followed the format of the manga more instead of rushing it and attempting to cram it into 13 episodes. Terra Formars is an excellent series, and it deserves a complete, full series. I am definitely disappointed to see its adaptation being rushed so much. All in all, this anime adaption does not do the manga justice, and I encourage those who were disappointed with the anime as I was to give the manga a try, since alot of the issues with pacing and character development are addressed in a much better manner in the manga than it is in the anime.

My complaints about the anime aside, the OP and ED were pretty good.
La familia es todo.
Oct 5, 2014 1:58 PM
Mar 2012
Funnily enough the manga has a clean clear art while the anime is full of censor bars and disgusting shading and coloring. This is just like an OVA.
Oct 5, 2014 3:34 PM
Jul 2014
The censoring is way too obvious D:
Oct 5, 2014 4:16 PM

Oct 2011
Terra formars look like monkey ( their faces : 0 )

OMG they went after their medicine. Do they have intelligence or someone is controlling them?

Poor girl in the shower ( Crushed ) Dat guys arm and then smashed. Poor guy with the machine gun getting his head ripped off with his spinal cord too. Then he was used as a sword? Sliced the other peoples heads off?

Eva NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Oct 5, 2014 4:35 PM

Sep 2013
This is what I wanting, more blood and gore, but too much censoring, just way too much.

The opening to this anime is amazing though.

Cant wait for next episode!!

Oct 5, 2014 6:11 PM

Nov 2012
That is the worst way to handle censoring.
Oct 5, 2014 8:20 PM
Oct 2014
censored.........
can someone explain me why....
they let elfen lied, so why not tat one... -_-
Oct 5, 2014 8:37 PM

Jul 2014
Sheila x Ivan OTP
Captain x Shaila OTP, anyone?
Oct 5, 2014 10:11 PM

Sep 2013
Autioken said:
censored.........
can someone explain me why....
they let elfen lied, so why not tat one... -_-

New laws.
To make you buy blu rays/dvd XD - joke, it's the new laws :(
Oct 5, 2014 11:12 PM

Sep 2011
Terrible censorship. Drop.
Oct 6, 2014 2:07 AM

Jul 2014
ichii_1 said:
Yvese said:

Or someone sneaked them in :O since they clone them on earth now it's easy to get access to one.

They have evolved. They can now fly. In space.
Oct 6, 2014 8:44 AM

Mar 2010
I dont think the anime should be rated by the censorship. It#s not actually part of the content, you know. It's just something they slap on extra. Just wait for the uncensored bluray then, geez.

I dont find anything pleasuring in seeing ripped off body parts so i am totally fine with as it is. Definitely watching next episode.
Oct 6, 2014 8:52 AM

Dec 2013
Lylaaz said:
I dont think the anime should be rated by the censorship. It#s not actually part of the content, you know. It's just something they slap on extra. Just wait for the uncensored bluray then, geez.

I dont find anything pleasuring in seeing ripped off body parts so i am totally fine with as it is. Definitely watching next episode.

Though it's the worst censoring I have seen, I agree. That action part wasn't the main part of the episode so I don't know why people are crying about it.
Oct 6, 2014 1:54 PM
Dec 2010
Okay, so the enemies are gigantic, superintelligent radroaches with SNK titan-like laughable faces and shredded six-, errm, tenpacks that are super-op and can pretty much destroy an entire spaceship full of humans just like that? Wow...

Makes all the blood and gore censoring even more laughable because if anything needs censoring on this show it's those roaches' frigging faces.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2014

194 by JVskunkape »»
May 16, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2014

348 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 30, 2:59 AM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2014

125 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2014

73 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 10:02 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2014

54 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 9:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.