Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 27, 2014 7:56 PM

Jan 2014
nice way to end a series...I hope this gets another 26 episodes and with its same or more improve animation...

totally bad-ass Tatsuya...and still before the ending it never fails to show Miyuki's brother complex...

10/10 for god-like Tatsuya
10/10 for Miyuki's cuteness
9/10 for the whole series...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Sep 27, 2014 7:56 PM
Oct 2013
Jesusuya strikes again. I felt 150 times the pain watching this anime.

2/10
Sep 27, 2014 8:00 PM

Jan 2014
zetsubousei_hero said:
This pretty much sum up this Anime
bwahaha

i will not miss this anime.
Sep 27, 2014 8:07 PM
Feb 2010
Somehow the last few episodes were boring, especially this one, what an anti-climatic battle ==. Tatsuya suffering pain over restoration skills? Well we sure don't see anything that indicates pain or suffering on his face. What is pain if it does not cause suffering?
Rather than a one shot kills and endless regenerations on others, it would be better if they do it normally.

In terms of OP-ness, yes this is definitely one of the most OP characters around, but sadly, towards the end, it is the most boring one. To compare, Orihime from Bleach has a much better casting animation of the "Imba regeneration or rather event rejection / restoration from backup " than Tatsuya.
Sep 27, 2014 8:32 PM

Aug 2013
Sep 27, 2014 8:34 PM

Mar 2013
So torn if i should pick this up again and finish it.
Sep 27, 2014 8:36 PM

Jul 2008
4/10, was shit overall.
The LN is pretty decent/good but they screwed up the anime so badly.
Sep 27, 2014 8:37 PM

Jul 2013
Dunkjoe said:
Somehow the last few episodes were boring, especially this one, what an anti-climatic battle ==. Tatsuya suffering pain over restoration skills? Well we sure don't see anything that indicates pain or suffering on his face. What is pain if it does not cause suffering?

He was sweating because of the pain in the LN but as expected the anime didn't show it. They also cut out the last part of the explanation so people seem to think he only suffers 150 times the pain when he doesn't. The longer the duration of the wound, the greater the condensed pain. In order to erase an injury suffered one hour ago, the caster must suffer pain 10,000 times greater than the original.
Sep 27, 2014 8:41 PM

Apr 2009
Frostav said:
http://moesucks.com/2014/09/27/mahouka-koukou-no-rettousei-ep-26-finale-the-least-exciting-ending-ever/

The above link is the objective truth.

Stay mad, fanshits.

The fact you visit that website is enough to not bother with your opinion, stay salty hater. :)
Sep 27, 2014 8:44 PM
Jul 2010
i
rladls717 said:
When Tatsuya used the Material Burst for the second time, did civilians living on the islands and lands caught up in the explosion?

Great Asian Alliance should have not launched an another attack at the first time they saw Material Burst's power, and evacuated the civilians living there.

But, if I'm missing something, can anyone fill me in?

I guess they didn't think there was a magician that can snipe their fleets from around 800 kilometers way.
Sep 27, 2014 8:51 PM

Aug 2013
Seta19 said:
Frostav said:
http://moesucks.com/2014/09/27/mahouka-koukou-no-rettousei-ep-26-finale-the-least-exciting-ending-ever/

Stay mad, fanshits.

The fact you visit that website is enough to not bother with your opinion, stay salty hater. :)

Stay delusional fanshit.

You think you're some secretly edgy badass but no, you're just an illiterate sheep.

Go read some real literature.
Sep 27, 2014 8:53 PM
Aug 2013
Frostav said:

Stay mad, fanshits.

So many hatters like this idiot, to me it seems like you're the one that's mad. Why should the fanboys be mad? They were having a blast watching the episode while you're here crying desperately to get some attention "blablabla mad fanbois".
Sep 27, 2014 9:02 PM

Aug 2014
The ending don't have the impact like epi 16 and 24, just my opinion.

6/10 for the story.
9/10 for Tatsuya.

I should start reading the LN.. (though i'm not the type who reads the LN.)
and if there is S2 i hope they will not ruin it like this S1.
I like Mahouka but they ruined it..
Sep 27, 2014 9:08 PM

Jun 2014
One thing I was wondering though: I see a lot people consider this as a horrible adaptation (although to be fair, as a Chinese and Korean translator for this novel, I understand this work is pretty hard to adapt), what aspects of this anime adaptation needs serious improvement and how? Just curious. (For one thing, if the anime has more explanations I am afraid more people will call this boring, oh well...can't make everyone happy)
Sep 27, 2014 9:09 PM

Feb 2012
Will definitely have to pick up the LN to see what's missing otherwise it definitely feels like there could have been some nerfing; hoping for S2!
Sep 27, 2014 9:14 PM

Aug 2013
blazered said:

So many hatters like this idiot, to me it seems like you're the one that's mad. Why should the fanboys be mad? They were having a blast watching the episode while you're here crying desperately to get some attention "blablabla mad fanbois".

You're the one reading and enjoying the godawful, racist, misogynistic, abhorrent, and utterly retrograde trash that is Mahouka.

It's shit. The fact that it's popular is but one sign of how fucking low our society has fallen, how fucking low our literacy and collective intelligence has plummeted.

Get a modicum of taste and read some real goddamn literature.
Sep 27, 2014 9:16 PM
Sep 2014
Frostav said:

Stay mad, fanshits.

wow, what a sad life you must have

be happy, i quoted you
Sep 27, 2014 9:22 PM

Jun 2013
What an anticlimactic ending. 6/10
Sep 27, 2014 9:23 PM

Aug 2013
Neobosco said:

wow, what a sad life you must have

be happy, i quoted you

I like how you didn't even read the link

Mahouka fanboys are like religious people: they never read the arguments of the other side, for fear of losing their faith.
Sep 27, 2014 9:33 PM
Oct 2010
^You are trying too hard dude, and really I don't know which user owns that moe sucks website but you and the rest of people who keep spamming that link need to please stop dick riding him.

Anyway to add to what I said earlier, I think I would have enjoyed this more if they didn't do so much world building. I think the feeling of them not using such an interesting setting with a well constructed and explained magic system to their fullest potential is what really bothers me the most about this show.

Just scaling back tatsuya's ability (leave him the rez thing but at the cost of his life force or something, something more than feeling pain, get rid of the sniper rifle nukes aka material burst and the insta kill spell he uses) and giving the enemies equally skilled mages would have gone a long way in making this a lot more enjoyable. I also feel that outside of tatsuya most people didn't have much variety in their magic.

Also madhouse if you are making the girl with the special eyes see an aura please at least let her be looking out the window or in the dude's direction.
Sep 27, 2014 9:37 PM

Sep 2014
Mahouka koukou no rettousei had a slow start. Only when the school competition arc started, that's when it all change.

The characters were good, most of them didn't shine enough in the anime. Tatsuya and Miyuki interactions are just the best :-D Especially when the other girls talks/flirty to Tatsuya, Miyuki just gives this expression lol

The magic effects and skills they showed was amazing.

Most of the info they provided were very confusing to me.

Overall: 8/10 - I just love the vibe which Miyuki and Tatsuya gives :-D
Sep 27, 2014 9:40 PM
Jul 2011
Can I ask a serious question?

In reailty, if Japan really did what exactly as this series, based on Yokohama arc, what would happen to Japan after that?
And what kind of approach will other countries will take on Japan?

The common sense between, reality and this series is rather different after all.
Sep 27, 2014 9:58 PM

Sep 2013
rladls717 said:
Can I ask a serious question?

In reailty, if Japan really did what exactly as this series, based on Yokohama arc, what would happen to Japan after that?
And what kind of approach will other countries will take on Japan?

The common sense between, reality and this series is rather different after all.

They basically nuked themselves so probably nothing :)

No current or near future weapon is capable of such pinpoint gentle destruction, see how clean that huge hole was? and no nuclear and other harmful stuff? yeah it's cause they have magic :)
If this was real life, no magic just explosion, that would have killed all life on earth :(
Sep 27, 2014 10:03 PM

Oct 2013
9/10,so incedibly fun to watch with refreshing osts,and very well done animation.

Tatsuya OP as fuck, fucks given=0.

Will miss it.Hype for s2?
Sep 27, 2014 10:06 PM

Jun 2014
I would rate it 8/10. It had action, incest, and....action. Pretty much sums up the series. I wish there was more chill episodes where Tatsuya doesn't do much to lead into a fight. Guess the novel might have these, so I'll start to read it soon.

AND of course...
It ends with Tatsuya nuking the fleet and some happy Tatsuya and Miyuki time.
Smiley faces from Tatsuya and Miyuki to end it off:
Sep 27, 2014 10:10 PM

Apr 2012
I wouldn't mind if this never gets a sequel. This anime bored me :/
Sep 27, 2014 10:15 PM

Mar 2014
I love this part for this episode.

I'm not LN reader, but Madhouse should have at least show in previous episode Tatsuya sweating after regenerate his friend, and after that he's all inside the suit.
LOL at Special Unit keeps dying and have Tatsuya spam his Regrowth skill on them. What a way to abuse someone who doesn't show his pain.
Aunty Maya is voiced at last. Cute.
Wonder if there'll be OVA for their summer vacation.
Sep 27, 2014 10:42 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Pretty much agree with what mayukachan and skudoops said, too lazy to quote them though. With the setting and all the effort out into creating the world and its mechanics by the original author, I feel like this could've really been interesting. It's unfortunate the Madhouse seemed to not have done a good job in adapting, but I've also seen people say that it would be tough to adapt the LN into anime anyways because of the way it's written and how so much information has to be given. I can understand this since I don't mind reading long explanations but watching these infodumps in anime can be quite tiresome...anyways, I think why this ended up being a lackluster experience was because 1) Tatsuya too OP (though he still seemed cool I guess) 2) the relationship between the siblings 3) onii-samas 4) imo, ugly character designs (by that I mean the art style is ugly). I think I would've been way less critical of this anime if all four points didn't annoy me so much. And the characters definitely could've been fleshed out more, especially with such a huge cast, at least a few would've even been nice...

I might decide to go read the LN though one day when I feel like it, since I feel like the many LN readers believe that the adaptation wasn't as good as it could've been.
Sep 27, 2014 10:48 PM

Mar 2012
It's a very suiting end to a very good series. This is honestly one of very few series that I think has improved all the way from the first episode to the last. People who don't like this series often cite one or both of 2 things: 1) the incest element, and 2) Tatusya's overpoweredness. Neither seriously dulls the impact of the series though. And as the last few minutes foreshadow, the next season will be even more fun now that the Ten Clan will surely appear more and Tatsuya and co. will face even bigger threats. Hopefully it'll come soon.
Sep 27, 2014 10:51 PM

Apr 2013
Mahouka Koukou no Kami-sama, might read the LN
Sep 27, 2014 10:53 PM

Dec 2013
Welp. Onii-sama is over :(

That was a pretty good show. The brother/sister romantic relationship was cute. Hope to see more if there ever will be a second season. But damn, Shiba Tatsuya man. He's the boss. Bomb stuff, revive people, 1 v 10000. So boss. Then Miyuki and her Onii-samas.

I can sum up this show with one word: Oniisama.

8/10. For this series and 5/5 for this episode. It was good.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Sep 27, 2014 10:57 PM

Jan 2011
Absolutely meh. This always felt like it was building up to something more and never delivered.
Sep 27, 2014 11:04 PM

Jul 2013
julyan said:
I came for the Material Burst, and it didn't disappoint. Onii-sama proved the he is god~
Now, season 2 when? The sales are good so it is unthinkable they won't make a new one. Aside from that, I also want to see Lina, Honoka v2 and Honami :/

I want to see them too! Lol Honoka v2 XD Would love to see Honami and Lina! :D
Lina <3
Majority of Tatsuya's monologues aren't there in the series, as well as all the info in regards to magic - wasn't surprising though.
Hm, I'll give it a 6/10.
SandyBoiSep 27, 2014 11:08 PM
Sep 27, 2014 11:08 PM
Dec 2013
ok soo it was ok but i find because he has no emotions due to the operation his mother and aunt made him do when he was young. it made the show feel emotionless and all about fighting, weird sibling love, showing although Satou Tsutomu don't have the same power as the others,he is still very powerful but he still comes out a nobody to his family,which is fucked. i find if only they add some romance, and that romance overrides the fact that he has no emotions because the one that loves him or care for him is in danger. infect it didn't even need romance all he needed was some emotions.
i felt emotionless watching this anime,

if they have a season 2 it look like it might be there than season 1, hopeful
Sep 27, 2014 11:13 PM

Aug 2008
y123y said:
This anime needs better villains. They all stunk.

Make Jumonji and the Crimson Prince the villains if they do decide on a second season or a movie. That would make the anime more interesting.

Yeah. A better villains is definitely needed. GAA is too lame as a villain. Tatsuya just fart in the warship direction and sink the entire thing. I was like "Oh,that's it? Yawn..."
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 27, 2014 11:20 PM

Jan 2011
It had it's cool moments but I honestly couldn't connect with this show at all. I don't mind OP characters and I'm not focusing on that point.

The story content was just one of the situations of "we have a lot to say and little time to say it".

Everyone knows the author of this series agreed it was a rather poor piece to adapt cleanly into an anime. I can see why. I think I would enjoy reading this story rather than watching it.

I'm still mulling it over but prob will be a 6 or 7. The characters aren't bad and the story's foundation (power struggle/political superiority/magicians v elites) is interesting and engaging but, in the end, it didn't have a strong delivery. The story isn't the highlight here I felt, it's that the MC is OP. I'd be interesting to see where the story goes from here as I was most interested in the last two episodes.
IZEROIISep 27, 2014 11:46 PM
Sep 27, 2014 11:20 PM
Jan 2010
At last, the propaganda is over.
Sep 27, 2014 11:28 PM
Jul 2011
But, I'm not sure if Tatsuya actually did the right thing by taking away lives, even though they are the enimies.
Considering magic, I mean Japan is a country with most advanced magic, there were might be other ways to solve without any sacrifices.
But the author let the Material Burst destroy the enimies with nothing left.

Collective Self Defense, is the word that I thought of after re watching this episode.
It indirectly foreshadows it, I don't know for sure though.
That's right, so far in reality, other than in the past, Japan did not attacked any foreign countries because they are not allowed to do that anymore.
United States forbids that to happen.
But, currently Japan became a country that is allowed to particiapte in the war.
I do not know specifically about this, but basically if a foreign country attacks Japan, then for Japan's safetly they are allowed to strike back that foreign country that attacked Japan.

Is this really the Japan's future?
No, the world's future?
Before that, is this the future the author believes in?
Sep 27, 2014 11:51 PM
Aug 2014
the series is great but the animators really didn't do a good job
my advise read the light novel
Sep 27, 2014 11:57 PM

Jun 2013
Damn crazy fight ending! Had that mysterious Tatsuya glare at the end woah. Some super OP magic going on this episode, feels like only the start of something greater.

SEASON 2 PLEASE

9/10 very enjoyable.
Sep 28, 2014 12:01 AM
Aug 2014

because japan is the most advanced that is why USNA didn't move in the matter of fact they helped GAA in the shadows and you know they even send an assassin to kill tatsuya (visitor arc)
Sep 28, 2014 12:33 AM

Jun 2012
A terrible series that was worth watching for the lolz

2/10, would be 3/10 if it wasn't a fucking 2-cour
Sep 28, 2014 12:35 AM

Mar 2012
Way better than the Light Novel, Tatsuya has surpassed Super Saiyan 4 Goku`s power level.
This anime is racist against China.

3/10 for this garbage

Won`t bother the next season because the next arc is a boring snorefest.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Sep 28, 2014 12:37 AM

Aug 2010
Pretty damn bad... MC was way too OP. Plotline didnt even get resolved, 5/10
Sep 28, 2014 12:40 AM

Jun 2014
Not sure why all the hate for Mahouka, but I really enjoyed this anime! 8/10 overall!

I will definitely watch a second season if this gets one. Can never get enough Tatsuya, and that look at the end just makes me wonder what other stuff is in store for the sibling duo!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Sep 28, 2014 1:52 AM

Jun 2012
Was an ok episode. I hope there'll be a second season. Kind of disappointed they didn't include the scene where Miyuki freezes the consciousness of several people and sort of freak out her friends - I think it was in the same scene as the regrowth bit in the LN.

I love OP protags, so Tatsuya is pretty great. If only there wasn't that incest stuff going on. Though I can see it developing into something interesting - Tatsuya feels platonic love towards his sister, but she obviously wants to bang him. Once the Yotsuba storyline develops and Miyuki takes control, I wonder if she'll become more forceful with Tatsuya and that'll become an issue.
Sep 28, 2014 1:53 AM

May 2013
Miyuki confirmed it herself that Tatsuya has this 'god-like' powers. Pretty obvious huh?

Much overkill in this episode. Aunt Maya was so beautiful (and voiced by Saito Chiwa!). But thank god that this series is finally over. I'll just miss it for Masaki, nothing else more, I forgot at least 90% of the show, seriously.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 28, 2014 2:13 AM

Feb 2014
zetsubousei_hero said:
This pretty much sum up this Anime

I agree Tatsuya makes this anime, but of course that's intended. Nevertheless I thoroughly enjoyed it all. 8/10
Sep 28, 2014 2:18 AM

May 2007
The show had it's ups and downs. I too was a little fazed with the show at first until I started reading the source material, which is just a gigantic cesspool of characters, which the anime already is but it's way more in the novels with each arc introducing at least 5 to 6 new characters albeit not all important characters though.

I appreciated this anime and it did well in keeping my attention for 26 episodes, the first half was definitely weaker than the second half which ended strong. I do hope to see a 2nd season and yes despite covering 7 volumes of material, it was still only really the bare bones of those 7 volumes.

The music was decent, I particularly liked the first OP and the second ED, the OST was okay, I wasn't attach to it. The animation was good but I wasn't totally happy with a few of the character designs such as Haruka Ono being kinda "chubby" making her look like a middle-aged housewife who gave up going to the gym, her character is suppose to be a "super-ninja" who's really really hot and is a potential love interest to Tatsuya but instead she's none-of-that in the anime and looks like a cuddly sheep.

I'm giving this anime a 8.5/10, which it's just attained by the skin of it's teeth because of how enjoyable the last few episodes of the show were.
Sep 28, 2014 2:19 AM

Feb 2013
OK so my question is why Tatsuya needs to protect his sister and why cant he just escape with her since he is basically god? he can kill everyone in one isstand and resurect them in one istand as well so why cant he just get her and run off somewhere?
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

32 by yamori_058 »»
Apr 28, 9:03 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

» Romance Tag?

akihiko132 - Dec 8, 2020

4 by fqdnl »»
Apr 3, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Shipping For Tatsuya X .......

Ricky16 - Sep 1, 2023

28 by AGiantWeeb »»
Mar 24, 6:34 AM

» Question for LN readers

Artorias94 - Feb 19

4 by StarZone1 »»
Feb 20, 4:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.