Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Racist/Sexist/Nationalistic/Dumb
Sep 27, 2014 2:50 AM

Aug 2014
These are a few words people have used to describe this series.

Do you agree or disagree that Terra Formars falls into one, some or all of these categories and also why?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 27, 2014 2:56 AM

Jan 2014
I disagree, seems like people just need to find something to hate on. If you're gonna hate on something you should hate on the terrible censors and the fact that they rushed the first episode quite a bit.
SaikachiSep 27, 2014 4:54 AM
Sep 27, 2014 2:59 AM

Nov 2012
JOHJ!
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Sep 27, 2014 3:27 AM
Mar 2014
I find it amusing how people are able to say the cockroaches resemble the African tribes or black people during Jim Crow's era. They brought it up first and call the series racist, whom's the hypocrite here? Hmmmm...
Sep 27, 2014 4:05 AM
Jun 2014
Lol funny how the hate is increasing and I'm happy that it is because it means the series is getting bigger and better. I have also heard that people are referencing them to black people and calling it racist and i just laugh my ass off. The sensitivity to the word black is way overboard and exaggerated to the point where they will petition to remove black pencils from the colour pencil boxes. I hope those dumb remarks wont reach the mangaka or the anime industry so they wont make them blue or something like with mr popo from dragon ball because of the losers trying to find racism in every little thing.
Dem anime hipsters tho ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Sep 27, 2014 4:08 AM

Dec 2012
Ano sa, one of the covers of the manga used in the series page on MAL have the roaches half yellow, half purple. Some dudes decided roaches should be red or were red in the manga. It would be funny, if it wasn't tragic. Roaches are black, polar bears are white. GET OVER IT.

/Jesus
Sep 27, 2014 4:28 AM
Aug 2014
Ohh, so it's just because of the cockroaches ._.?

Well OK then.

But yeah, while I don't really consider the series to be racist, I do find it dumb. The good kind of dumb that I don't really mind.
Sep 27, 2014 4:48 AM
Mar 2014
Elkin said:
Ohh, so it's just because of the cockroaches ._.?

Well OK then.

But yeah, while I don't really consider the series to be racist, I do find it dumb. The good kind of dumb that I don't really mind.

The Chinese have bad blood with everyone. They're manipulating Cambodia into going to war with Vietnam over a "land that was their" hundred of years ago -_-.
Sep 27, 2014 4:51 AM

May 2009
Of course it's full Yamato-Damashii and dumb as fuck sometimes. But not sexist, no shit that Johjes kill females so fast, they want to prevent further breeding of enemy species.
Sep 27, 2014 5:01 AM

Aug 2008
LOL! How bad it is compare to Mahouka?
ZapredonSep 27, 2014 5:04 AM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 27, 2014 5:11 AM
Mar 2014
Zapredon said:

Mahouka isn't that bad.

Also, to answer your signature. You think they're being racist to the Chinese? China is the MOST HATED country in Asia, bunch of greedy fuck. The government leeches the shit out of the lower class, now they're trying to cause a war just so they can invade other country.
Sep 27, 2014 5:13 AM

Aug 2008
KronokInF said:
Zapredon said:

Mahouka isn't that bad.

So you are saying it is ok to be racist to the Chinese because China today are being jerk? Ok.

Also, to answer your signature. You think they're being racist to the Chinese? China is the MOST HATED country in Asia, bunch of greedy fuck. The government leeches the shit out of the lower class, now they're trying to cause a war just so they can invade other country.

No $hit Sherlock.

EDIT:
It seems the rating for this show keep on dropping. Is this show bad because people think it's racist,or it's bad because even if there's no racism,the show is still that bad?Or it just simply bad adaption like Tokyo Ghoul and Brynhildr. Being the first Fall 2014 anime,I thought to myself I should give it a try,but now I'm not so sure.

@KronokInF
Is your avatar the MC's uncle from Feng Shen Ji?
ZapredonNov 15, 2014 6:22 AM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 27, 2014 5:24 AM

May 2012
People who think that this anime is racist are just delusional, and making up stuff from their imagination. There is absolutely noting racist about. The cockroch men don't look like Africans at all. The face structure look completely different than African people. They have dark skin color just like the color of normal cockrouch. There is absolutely noting racist about that.

Sexist ?! What is that ? I didn't see anything sexist about it. Are you talking about manga or something ?
Sep 27, 2014 5:38 AM
Jun 2014
thepath said:
People who think that this anime is racist are just delusional, and making up stuff from their imagination. There is absolutely noting racist about. The cockroch men don't look like Africans at all. The face structure look completely different than African people. They have dark skin color just like the color of normal cockrouch. There is absolutely noting racist about that.

Sexist ?! What is that ? I didn't see anything sexist about it. Are you talking about manga or something ?

i think people find it sexist that the women die pretty fast that all i can think of
Dem anime hipsters tho ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Sep 27, 2014 6:48 AM
Jun 2009
Elkin said:

I just thought people would find the series racist 'cause the chinese team were the evil, manipulative guys in the manga. And you know... the japanese and chinese have quite a bit of bad blood between them so perhaps it's a play on that .

You mean they didnt in real life?

i think people find it sexist that the women die pretty fast that all i can think of

Guys drop like flies in this manga too.
Sep 27, 2014 6:54 AM

Oct 2012
Whether or not the show is racist its debatable but some of the characters are so stereotypical to the point that it might be racist. I'm also extremely skeptical that the bugs aren't based on black stereotypes due to pictures like this from the manga

But I'd almost certainly say it's a bit nationalistic with some Nippon strong vibes and the fact that the Chinese are evil. And it's also very dumb, like it's honestly a horrible manga with no redeeming features other than being trashy over the top fun.
Sep 27, 2014 9:21 AM

Jun 2014
I just voted yes because I'm offended on how bad that episode was.
Previously: BlueXRam
Sep 27, 2014 9:33 AM

Jan 2014
What?
Sep 27, 2014 10:04 AM

May 2008
When I saw this thread, I laughed and just had to check it out. I can't possible imagine how this could be racist
Paint resize sucks :(
Sep 27, 2014 10:42 AM

Jun 2008
Dumb. Incredibly dumb.
Sep 27, 2014 10:48 AM
Sep 27, 2014 9:25 PM
Mar 2014
Zapredon said:
KronokInF said:

Mahouka isn't that bad.

No $hit Sherlock.

EDIT:
It seems the rating for this show keep on dropping. Is this show bad because people think it's racist,or it's bad because even if there's no racism,the show is still that bad?Or it just simply bad adaption like Tokyo Ghoul and Brynhildr. Being the first Fall 2014 anime,I thought to myself I should give it a try,but now I'm not so sure.

@KronokInF
Is your avatar the MC's uncle from Feng Shen Ji?

People gave it bad rating cause they literally skips the whole damn 4 chapters out of 5, a lot of characters developments and details are skip.

Yeah that's him from Feng Shen Ji. That still doesn't change the fact that I detest the Chinese's government.

Sep 2012
It's certainly dumb.
Mar 2014
WaoXol said:
When I saw this thread, I laughed and just had to check it out. I can't possible imagine how this could be racist

If you hover over to the manga section, you'll see the idiotic ideas people post.
Sep 27, 2014 10:09 PM
Oct 2010
It's not dumb, the dude just plays heavily on stereotypes. I can see how it could be considered racist.. some of the out of context dialogue is pretty racist.
Sep 27, 2014 10:20 PM

Mar 2014
well i voted yes because the OVA was shit and this first episode was super censored and lame.
Oct 1, 2014 9:30 AM

Dec 2007
Seems like this would be the response from people who go out of their way to find racism in everything and don't realize they're being racist themselves.

#NBHNC
Oct 2, 2014 8:47 PM

May 2014
The premise may be silly, but I found the manga entertaining. That being said, the earlier story arcs probably don't translate that well to an animated format, much like the Gantz anime (which did not really pick up until the temple mission).

Pacing is harder to pull off in anime since everything is mostly happening in realtime. There's not much room for narration, supplementary information, or introspection.

It certainly is nationalistic, but I don't have a problem with that.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Oct 2, 2014 11:47 PM

Aug 2013
KronokInF said:
I find it amusing how people are able to say the cockroaches resemble the African tribes or black people during Jim Crow's era. They brought it up first and call the series racist, whom's the hypocrite here? Hmmmm...

lol I was confused what the OP was talking about until you said this. People see what they want to see I guess. I'm pretty sure though if you think the cockroaches are racist your just projecting your own racism onto the show.
Oct 3, 2014 12:22 PM

Jan 2013
Haytin said:
KronokInF said:

lol I was confused what the OP was talking about until you said this. People see what they want to see I guess. I'm pretty sure though if you think the cockroaches are racist your just projecting your own racism onto the show.

Someone posted a picture earlier of the cockroaches holding pistols--clearly using the homeboy/gangbanger/thug sideways grip. That's kinda racist.
Oct 3, 2014 12:43 PM
Nov 2009
Not racist but it's genusist as fuck. Homosapiens portraying Homo erectus as some cockroach creatures smh..

No but seriously if you are butthurt about people calling this show racist then you are probably racist yourself.
Oct 3, 2014 2:46 PM

Jul 2009
I didn't even know some people considered Terra Formars racist until I came accidentally came across something about it on Google. The Roaches don't even look that human, let alone African.

Stop. Calm yourself. You're an idiot.
Oct 3, 2014 7:03 PM

May 2014
I'm sure some tumblr social justice warriors (and their equivalents) will try and make a big deal out of it.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Oct 3, 2014 8:37 PM

Sep 2014
Just racist/sexist/nationalistic/dumb as the ones who though of it.
Racism? Countries are cooperating together, of course there will be different races and I still can't see why people immediately jump to racism.
Sexist? So killing women is considered sexist? What about the men? How is that any different? Why can't we just say "killing people" instead of using genders?
Nationalistic? Is that wrong?
Dumb. Plot is kinda dumb but the manga is really entertaining.
also, Attack on Titan was nice but held a garbage fanbase like SAO. I'm glad this is not that popular outside Japan. Fucking normies ruin everything.
Oct 4, 2014 3:57 AM

May 2011
im pretty sure that this thread is just for the fantasy league anime or something

stop making useless threads
Oct 12, 2014 5:46 AM

Nov 2013
It may be racist, but it makes it more fun.
You all need to watch Nami.

Dec 5, 2014 1:06 AM
Feb 2011
Inter-reality travel between parallel universes is possible as proven by some manga writers; They used to be in a world where in 1931-1945 China and the rest of the allies invaded Japan.
No other explanations.

By the way, to KronokInF - Darwin's Nightmare's crew members are never called hypocritical when they revealed the less-than-favorable treatment to African workers in European-owned fishing operations.
Dec 8, 2014 2:03 PM

Sep 2008
Welcome to the human race, where everyone is an asshole. The every nation for themselves screw the world is literally what would happen in real life.

Elkin said:

Also this.
Dec 22, 2014 7:24 PM

Jul 2014
This thread is retarded, why does it even exist?

But yeah, please stop labeling things you simply just don't like as racist/sexist/or whatever ist/ism/phobia

Though I do get a laugh out of the people comparing the cockroaches to blacks and saying that it is "racist", just think about them making that comparison for a second.

Also the reason these tumblrtards are so militant about everything regarding sex/race/whatever is because they are feeling guilty about their own racism/sexism or whatever and projecting it on to absolutely everything they can.

Look at people as PEOPLE, instead of looking at them as their sex/gender/race which is what tumblrtards do and encourage.
MdDanielsDec 22, 2014 7:30 PM
Dec 22, 2014 10:11 PM

Dec 2013
Very dumb. The plot is simply killing/capturing roaches. Though occasionally someone who I don't care about dies...
Dec 23, 2014 1:45 PM

Dec 2014
I don't know but I regret watching it.
Dec 24, 2014 7:25 AM

Apr 2012
It is pretty racist. Especially later on in the manga where every other country is somehow shit but glorious Nippon is still great and untainted.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Dec 24, 2014 7:45 AM

Oct 2014
JOHJ !!!
Dec 24, 2014 2:12 PM

Feb 2013
BloodRequiem said:
It is pretty racist. Especially later on in the manga where every other country is somehow shit but glorious Nippon is still great and untainted.

Newton,Asimov,Michelle,Marcos,Liu,Bao

^Yep.....All dem Japaneses
Dec 27, 2014 7:31 AM

Sep 2013
Feb 8, 2015 7:51 AM
Feb 2015
This thread might be a over a month old but I had to but my input after coming across the comments in this place.

First of all please do not think just because you don't see it as racist that it makes it not. Second just because some see it as racist, that does not mean they are racist instead. It is a very poor argument over what is and is not racist.

The main problem with this kind of argument is that one is thinking because he/she is ignorant of cultural and ethnic sensitivities, that it makes them not racist. If anything that is worse since most racism stems from ignorance and not of hate.
May 29, 2015 3:57 AM

Nov 2014
Feaor said:
Whether or not the show is racist its debatable but some of the characters are so stereotypical to the point that it might be racist. I'm also extremely skeptical that the bugs aren't based on black stereotypes due to pictures like this from the manga

Yeah, that looks pretty damn racist to me.
Sep 4, 2015 5:00 AM

Sep 2009
People need to chill out, why would you compare an anime to reality?
This story is just so well put together but some idiots have to hate on it cause they do not even realize how smart the story is.
Oct 7, 2015 7:52 PM
Apr 2015
trident123 said:
That is the dumbest logic I have ever seen.

God like some of you guys need to get your shit together and come up with a good defensive argument.

Now the roaches themselves may be said to "not be racist" howeeeever

1)they seem to be extremely good at athletics

2)they were gold chains

3)they hold guns sideways

4)all the main characters are white and the one black guy is kinda just there

5)the main hero is said to be perfect and flawless (huge writing mistake mostly done by teenage boys writing fanfics and always scorned by people who actually studied writing) and is a product of selective breeding, blonde hair blue eyes etc etc pretty much everything the white supremacist mindset is

6) number five is a huge flaw seeing how this show is about nature, and insects, just like mammals, reproduce sexually due to the fact that sexual reproduction allows the appearance of more mutations thus increasing variety between humans. You learn that shit in basic college biology. The only ones stupid enough to believe otherwise are racists and dog breeders...and even most dog breeders and all scientist know that almost all dog races that are a result of selective breeding are extremely unhealthy....its like the author dropped out of highschool.
Oct 9, 2015 11:54 PM
Feb 2015
Justletmejoin said:
trident123 said:
That is the dumbest logic I have ever seen.

God like some of you guys need to get your shit together and come up with a good defensive argument.

Now the roaches themselves may be said to not be racist howeeeever

1)they seem to be extremely good at athletics

2)they were gold chains

3)they hold guns sideways

4)all the main characters are white and the one black guy is kinda just there

5)the main hero is said to be perfect and flawless (huge writing mistake mostly done by teenage boys writing fanfics and always scorned by people who actually studied writing) and is a product of selective breeding, blonde hair blue eyes etc etc pretty much everything the white supremacist mindset is

6) number five is a huge flaw seeing how this show is about nature, and insects, just like mammals, reproduce sexually due to the fact that sexual reproduction allows the appearance of more mutations thus increasing variety between humans. You learn that shit in basic college biology. The only ones stupid enough to believe otherwise are racists and dog breeders...and even most dog breeders and all scientist know that almost all dog races that are a result of selective breeding are extremely unhealthy....its like the author dropped out of highschool.

1) I can name over 100 different people that are very athletic and aren't African Americans เฒ _เฒ 

2)gold chains....yeah only African Americans wear that right? เฒ _เฒ 

3) you do realize that ONE they haven't been trained to use guns properly and TWO I've seen lots of them hold it properly so yeah เฒ _เฒ 

4)all the main characters are "white" STOP HOLD UP let me re-read that...wow I hate to break it to you but....HUMANS AREN'T JUST WHITE OR BLACK and "the one black guy is kinda just there" ACTUALLY he had a very important part just saying also you're telling me that if more people had darker skin colors it would make the story better? I THINK NOT!

5)the main hero OBVIOUSLY THIS ONE WASN'T PAYING ATTENTION TO THE STORY
There's no MAIN HERO PAY ATTENTION is said to be perfect and flawless (huge writing mistake mostly done by teenage boys writing fanfics and always scorned by people who actually studied writing) and is a product of selective breeding, "blonde hair blue eyes" DUDE I think the problem is just you เฒ _เฒ  etc etc pretty much everything the white supremacist mindset is

I'm gonna pass 6) because THERE'S A HUGE FLAW IN THAT โ”(๏ฟฃใƒฎ๏ฟฃ)โ”Œ

BE MORE OPENED MINDED KIDDO
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2014

194 by JVskunkape »»
May 16, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2014

250 by JVskunkape »»
May 14, 11:04 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2014

348 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 30, 2:59 AM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2014

125 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2014

73 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 10:02 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.