Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Oct 1, 2014 12:10 PM

Jan 2014
Moodie said:
billybob300c said:
can't stand overly heroic / passionate mc type characters.

dropped
yet Snk is ur fav show?
i laughed so hard :D thank you guys ,you made my day...
Oct 1, 2014 12:11 PM

Mar 2013
Same as Tokyo Ghoul. Putting on hold till the BDs are out. Seriously, what's up with censoring the fights? They are supposed to be exciting but instead are just irritating where you don't know what's happening
Oct 1, 2014 11:23 PM

Apr 2010
This has right stuff to be badass, hopefully it doesn't get boring as it goes on.

Kind of reminds me of the Judas from Mimic.
JmacOct 1, 2014 11:27 PM
Oct 2, 2014 11:43 PM

Aug 2013
The anime seems interesting but the censoring is complete garbage it's like they don't even try. Reminds me of Tokyo Ghoul's censoring. I would say "I hope it gets better" but chances are it'll only get worse. :
Oct 3, 2014 5:26 AM

Aug 2014
It's crystal clear that when I made my way to this discussion page, I am expecting to see a presentation or a series of discussion that preferably arose from the premises the anime was trying to present since it is an EPISODE 1 discussion.

Mind you, majority of MAL users, does it hurt getting preemptively cognitive and perhaps start the subject of discussion by suggesting whether Terra Formars anime is either a plot-driven show, a character-driven show, or a hybrid between those two?

Since it is a discussion page, and a free-discussion page I suppose so, does it mean everything has to be thrown out all over the place whatever gets on your boat? Many didn't even consider putting a delineating aspect of when they're actually trying to mention an exterior problem (animation quality, censorship, etc) and it just goes allover the place with the inherent aspects of the anime itself, the plot, the characters, and the execution and pacing, of course.

Just bitch whatever it takes so, as soon as you feel like thinking "wow, this is bad.." you will actually try to persuade and create an effect in such a way the readers will decide in bias terms? Because that's what most of you did. Even more annoying..

Line 1 of the posted comment: IT'S BLAH BLAH BLAH
Line 2 of the posted comment: DROPPED

Pardon? I don't know but reading something like this, it's grandiosely annoying. Might as well save those space for those comments that will be "slightly more critical in approach" but no, you really did and hogged up the space so I can hear your bitchings with no deemable foundation and more like "mood swings". Unreliable, as hell.

Also, are discussions supposed to be COMPARISONS? TG? AGK? The organization of this thread is bad enough, not even the simple "likability factor" of the characters was mentioned, the're just bypassed, while everyone goes on to say "this is like the case of... without pondering much thought into it". Annoying!

Lastly, though some were able to stretch out their nerve cells a little bit and expressed their appreciation of the setting, the scripts, and spectacles that the series is trying to deliver to its viewers, should it be the case that no one even JUXTAPOSES THE TIME FRAME OF A FUTURISTIC SETTING based on our current mentality/mind setting? Or perhaps, we could delve deeper on anticipating and creating assumptions on the juncture point the anime supplied to us, that at first it may be cockroaches, what others natural things them would be interestingly capable of creating a visual project known as an anime? Like, I'm sure some of you should have reliably noticed, although meditation is subject to varying degrees, why the hell MUST BE THE CENSORSHIP BE THE DEFINING PREMISE OF THE SERIES' DISCUSSION?

You guys badly crave for a motto something like, "simplicity is the best". right? No, just no, I though MAL should be a fun place and very much engaging in atmosphere, but no, most on posts on these thread were lacking in vitality and ingenuity to produce a critical impression of a first episode of a series, was clogged up with dull impressions, and more like expressions of anger, boredness (name that emotion) that most people won't even care about, since YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO DISCUSS THE ELEMENTS THAT COMES WITH THE SERIES, be it may the inside or outside peripheries of it, but monotonous bitchings and lazy comments.. crap as hell, don't even try to make an endeavor of becoming helpful by supplying some critical insights.

I figured out I want to discuss "something intrinsic" to the series but now I kinda.. nevermind. I'll think twice before visiting discussion page again.
HaeduansOct 3, 2014 5:34 AM
Oct 3, 2014 2:28 PM
Feb 2013
Ok, so humans send those cockroaches to mars, so how the fuck did they evolved that fast?
Oct 3, 2014 3:05 PM
Jul 2018
RazorRamona200 said:
Ok, so humans send those cockroaches to mars, so how the fuck did they evolved that fast?

The atmosphere on Mars is a lot thinner than on Earth.
Maybe it was through radiation. :3
Oct 3, 2014 4:35 PM

Jun 2012
Scene with the bear was pretty cool.
Oct 3, 2014 5:50 PM

Jun 2010
Damn I haven't seen this much censoring since Tokyo Ghoul
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Oct 3, 2014 9:28 PM

Dec 2012
Speaking of censoring, these were the shots:

Really? They censored an eye gouge? Omg.. why..
Oct 3, 2014 9:59 PM

Jul 2012
lol it's just a bear
why did they censor such a small thing
idk
Oct 3, 2014 11:03 PM

Oct 2013
interesting enough. no ed. not a huge fan of the charter art style but guess that will have to do. i mean, i felt edgy about the character style in sidonia no kishi but that shows turned out amaze <3

Moodie said:
billybob300c said:
can't stand overly heroic / passionate mc type characters.

dropped
yet Snk is ur fav show?

couldn't agree more with @moodie
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Oct 4, 2014 4:53 AM
Mar 2013
Woah I love the story and the things they say... The speech about cockroaches really made me dwell about the reasons we (or others) kill cockroaches lol The only thing that bothered me was the animation hmm

I can't wait to watch the next episode in a few minutes ^^
Oct 4, 2014 7:51 AM

Jan 2011
this is my first series of the new season :)

unfortunately, the animations are average, the cockroaches look less scary in color, and the censoring helped my decision to just stick with the manga
Oct 4, 2014 8:49 AM

Sep 2010
everything was shit....

2/5
Oct 4, 2014 7:48 PM

Feb 2013
Stupid censoring... I wanted to see what happened to that bear. (I may put this on hold untill the uncensored version is available... we'll see after a few episodes)

Overall, I thought it was pretty good. (thankfully no stupid narrator like the OVA)
Oct 4, 2014 10:26 PM

Oct 2013
Looks like this'll be the manly show of the season,haha. I don't really watch these but I guess they can be fun(I should really watch Jojo's Bizzare Adventure already).

I liked it more than I thought I would, although I had mediocre expectations for it so take that as you will. It'll probably be good as a manly action-packed series and not much beyond that. If that's true though, then those outrageous censors will pose a much bigger problem here than in Tokyo Ghoul...
Oct 5, 2014 4:18 AM
Jul 2018
The censoring doesn't bother me but why do i? It's stupid. What's the point in watching a gore horror story if there's no gore to watch? I'm not saying that I love gore but I think then anime loses a lot with the censorship. People are already droping it cause of it.
Oct 5, 2014 8:06 AM
Apr 2014
Soo did I get that correctly? The cockroaches which prevent humanity from living on mars were sent there by humanity itself? That's far too ironic for a serious anime oO

The censoring was horrible and somehow I get the feeling studious will continue to do that in the TV-versions. This will just get worse from here on out. Probably still gonna watch it. I'm really disappointed that the fight was censored that much though. Even Tokyo Ghoul made it possible to guess what was happening. This time we got over half of the screen covered in black and I have no freaking idea what happened(I even tried to look it up in the manga but I didn't know where I had to look so I gave up).
Oct 5, 2014 11:26 AM

Oct 2013
Censoring huh,i wonder how this will work when the roach fights start.Probably going to be shit.

And so JohJo's bizzare adventure starts.
Oct 5, 2014 5:27 PM

Dec 2010
Uh why's the rating for this anime so low? I thought ep 1 was interesting.
Oct 6, 2014 11:13 AM
Jul 2018
Pknoctis said:
Uh why's the rating for this anime so low? I thought ep 1 was interesting.

It was but I think there's something missing. I was fine with the 7/10 score but now it's below that.
Oct 7, 2014 8:14 PM

Apr 2014
Pretty mediocre but a man DID cage fight a bear. That is, I think he did... couldn't see around half of it thanks to the censorship.

I'm getting a Michael Bay vibe
Oct 8, 2014 4:57 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Episode that seems veeery a prelude to what will come later, in fact there are some good ideas in the story, but narratively leaves a little bitter taste in the mouth.
Not for the complaints of those I do not care, in fact they make me even more curious in view of the BD, but for not showing more.
Drawings not bad, not excellent, but in the TV version, I've seen worse veeery.
The Character Design is beautiful and suitable to the topics that will be covered, animations in the media; The rest I will assess the way.
For now, my vote is 10.6, just not to overdo it with enthusiasm! XD
Oct 10, 2014 8:33 AM

Apr 2014
This was really like Tokyo Ghoul again not just because of that f*cking censored gore but they also stuff the half volume of the manga in just 1 episode. They don't even give a f*ck about the character's identity or their back stories,they just pop-up on the episode like the viewers already know them. Also they ripped off the comedy parts of the manga. This is really a big shame of animation work, they should really stop this kinds of mess!

So If anyone was still gonna watch this if you have spare time you must also read the manga since A LOT of stuff was been remove from the manga.
Haters always gonna hate.
Oct 10, 2014 3:08 PM

Dec 2013
Huge amounts of violence and killer cockroaches. I'm gonna love this series.

Whats my age again? WHERE IS MY ASIAN FRIEND!!!!!!!
Oct 17, 2014 7:50 AM

Sep 2013
It was a pretty good first episode but it was totally rushed.
Oct 26, 2014 7:20 PM

Oct 2011
Rewatched Uncensored

0______0

Bear got his head smashed
Nov 4, 2014 7:20 AM

Apr 2014
^^ I'm watching it uncensored as well.
---------My Profile------------
Nov 23, 2014 1:48 PM
May 2013
IdntHavWings said:
^^ I'm watching it uncensored as well.
Is better this way .
Is quite good for now .
Komachi crying looks exactly like Gorilla (Kondo from Gintama) .
Dec 29, 2014 11:54 AM

May 2012
Pretty nice pacing for the first episode, I do wonder what kind fo story this anime will offer us though! So let's see what's next!
Jan 12, 2015 5:05 AM
May 2012
Man, I like the animation, character designs, and the atmosphere.
I know that this Anime got bad ratings, but I might still enjoy this. Probably because of its censoring, but I am watching this uncensored, luckily.
I like the blondie :3 Heh, so that is Marcos, huh. The one that my friend told me about.
Well, I have waited quite a while for this Anime. Let's see what's next!!
Apr 8, 2015 6:36 PM

Jan 2012
damn... this shit gon' be gud..

lol @ ppl watching it uncensored and calling it bad

wtf is wrong with u
Jul 24, 2015 6:38 AM

Jul 2013
so all of them survived the surgery? and suddenly they're already leaving? that was rushed but well giant cockroaches and stuff. I sure am gonna watch this

damn I'm glad I'm watching the uncensored version.
Oct 23, 2015 3:05 AM

Jan 2015
Very well done! So true, despite cockroaches being some of the cleanest insects out there, they're damn disgusting and us humans can't help but kill them! What if cockroaches were stronger than us, would they be grossed out and kill us? Going to watch the second episode right now!

Zarnaav said:

Komachi crying looks exactly like Gorilla (Kondo from Gintama) .
Mar 25, 2016 11:43 PM

Jun 2013
It's a weak start, I haven't read the manga but I might pick it up soon because the premise sounds promising.

I was wondering if his dick was bitten off by that bear which was why he had a tube on his penis?
臭い-
Apr 12, 2016 6:17 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Not terribly bad as people say it is, but I don't like the MC's inconsistent behavior. Thank god I'm watching it uncensored.

3/5
Apr 17, 2016 10:20 PM

Mar 2012
GIANT COCKROACHES? REALLY???
Jun 29, 2016 4:57 AM

Dec 2015
This looks interesting, I wonder how the other creature they sent to Mars would have evolved cause those were some seriously muscular cockroaches
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 26, 2016 6:16 AM

Feb 2015
I'll admit I had serious doubts when I saw what the premise for this show was...but...

It was not a bad start. I liked how the commanding officer is actually a softie and Michelle-chan's dry sense of humor. Those crazy faces at the beginning tho....

In spite of my doubts, I'm up for seeing what's next.

Dec 5, 2016 12:41 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Nice first episode!!!

The fight with the bear was bestial!!!!

8/10 for this starts!!!
Dec 16, 2016 6:58 AM
Feb 2015
i am expecting great things
Mar 30, 2017 10:25 PM

May 2016
The cagefighting scene reminded me so much of Tokyo Ghoul (not the censors since I watched this and that without them) and I love it ♡ No wonder Michelle-chan said that she's read something like that in a manga.

When he overkilled that bear in that Berserker form, holy shit was that good. Komachi not being as tough as he looks and Michelle's awkward humor was amusing as well.

I'm not into sci-fi but I can get behind the Mars Cockroach concept since it was more interesting than I expected it would be. All the normal Reservists seem to have survived as well~

I have a very good feeling about this show and good thing I didn't check the reviews before checking it out since I might've had a different impression of this.

Jan 29, 2019 12:59 PM
Jan 2019
a18260260047@gmail.com
Mar 8, 2022 3:08 PM

May 2017
The cockroach people are terrifying looking. Great design, I'm horrified

Really liked the song they played as they were launching. Think this is the ED, it's definitely something I like, reminds me of tokusatsu, something like the SSSS.GRIDMAN themes
demisionMar 8, 2022 3:11 PM
Apr 11, 2022 6:19 PM
Trash

Jul 2015
So my roommate and I have read the manga and none of the stuff in episode 1 has to do with the first chapter??? Are we skipping Bugs 1 and 2 missions??? I’m not happy with the creative choices…
Jan 9, 2:56 AM

Nov 2023
Wait isn't this about criminals? Or was that the live adaptation
Mar 29, 3:38 PM

Dec 2022
The MC was set up to lose there, just throwing a hungry brown bear in the cage with him. Fortunately for him, the superpowered mutation he had seemed to transform him into an absolute beast who can kill even the likes of bears effortlessly.

Hoping this anime gets even more crazy once these big cockroach fuckers start showing up.

Shaded Horizon

Apr 30, 2:59 AM

Nov 2012
good start, I almost prefer the cast of the OVA so far tho, although we still haven't seen much of these guys, maybe they will grow on me. And at least the survivor from bugs 2 is still in it too!
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2014

194 by JVskunkape »»
May 16, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2014

250 by JVskunkape »»
May 14, 11:04 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2014

125 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2014

73 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 10:02 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2014

54 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 9:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.