3It was OK
3.6%
2Disliked it
1.5%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.5
137 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 27, 2013 1:01 AM

Dec 2012
I wonder what role Chloe is playing in all of this, she doesn't strike me as the mastermind/villain kind.

Horo is such a tease, making all of those faces to mess with Lawrence. It was cute when he pat her head though.
Dec 23, 2013 5:36 PM

Aug 2013
Chloe's a bitch. But, I wonder what she's up to. She seem to have a lot of contact.

Holo and Lawrence are such an adorable couple. When he was pating her in the cart, I though my heart was melting :3
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 25, 2014 7:13 AM

Aug 2012
Holo is love <3

BashZeStampeedo said:

Yes, King Trenni is having financial troubles, and wants to recall his silver coins so he can re-mint them with less silver in each one (to make more overall coins). That means that if someone hoards a lot of the coins (like Milone is doing) they can come knocking on his door and say "here's a ton of your silver coins, we'd like to negotiate". The King would have to pay with something more than the value of the coins, and thus would have to offer a special right or privilege.

The difference-in-value scheme was different. Medioh was conning people into thinking the OPPOSITE was happening: Trenni was going to re-mint his coins with MORE silver in them (a tactic that will increase reputation and prosperity). Coins weren't dated back then, so if someone hoarded the lesser-valued coins, then waited, then traded them back at the right time when the prices adjusted for the new ones, they would make money (even with conversion fees). Medioh would wait until people were desperate (having hoarded coins that will diminish in value) and then swoop in and save the day, and then be able to get a big amount of coins to do what Milone ended up doing.

Thank you, sir. Your explanation really helped me!

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Jun 4, 2014 11:54 AM

Jul 2013
Yay a happy reunion for Lawrence and Holo, but I kind of expect that Chloe is the one doing this. Although I also did not expect to be her when she is becoming hostile to the pair, even though she cheery from the beginning.

Now they are on the run, with Chloe and the others in pursuit of Lawrence and Holo.

Oct 12, 2014 6:23 PM

Oct 2013
Rather confusing, but everything seems clear thanks to the lovely posters here.

This was a pretty interesting episode. I like the role Chloe plays here. She seems to represent the mindset of the Pagans converting to Christianity. Tired of the fickle "gods" they have to delicately appease in order to ensure a prosperous harvest and still getting a poor harvest anyway at times, they "turn over" their "gods" to the church. Holo, of course, plays the god they turn over, representing a deity that was shamefully misunderstood as the people she looked over weren't aware she did what she had to for the sake of the land and its people. But no Pagan gods made incarnations of themselves to speak to their people in the real world - at least not that we're aware.

A very interesting setting this takes place in. Very interesting indeed.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 16, 2014 10:18 AM

Nov 2011
I'm glad Chloe is relevant, but I don't see what she stands to gain from this. Favor from the church, maybe? She's ruining any chance she had with Lawrence, though.

The tone was surprisingly mellow given the situation.

I feel bad for feeling good that I'm understanding stuff some are having problems with. ._.;
Nov 24, 2014 9:13 PM

Sep 2014
Oh my guess was correct, it was Chloe! Glad to see she has an important role in this show..
Although her relationship with Lawrence will surely be affected, it makes a nice and interesting plot..

This show just keeps getting better and better!

cyruz said:

Iriya said:

Holo kawaii~
Feb 4, 2015 6:05 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm not quite sure why Chloe did this, or why she seems to command so many men. I hope it's explained in the next chapters.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 13, 2015 10:50 AM

Mar 2012
Chloe is just jealous of Holo :P
Mar 29, 2015 8:54 AM

Dec 2013
xAvengerx said:
Chloe is just jealous of Holo :P

Certainly seems that way to me. Lame ass anime-original character.
Kuro_YuukiMar 29, 2015 9:24 AM
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
May 1, 2015 2:28 PM
Nov 2014
Horo cuteness level was off the fucking chart in this level. ( too cute )

So Chloe is also involved in the church faction ? Interesting so far.
May 6, 2015 9:52 AM

Feb 2013
So it was Chloe who was behind it, what a bitch lol. Seems like her and the church are gonna be quite the thorn in their sides from now on :/. I do wonder though what Bitchface (that's what I'll be calling her from now on) was even doing there.

Also I am really loving the interactions between Holo and Lawrence, mostly because Holo is just too damn cute >_>.
Oct 22, 2015 8:54 PM

Apr 2014
That bitch Chloe...thought she was a good person. I want her dead so bad.
People of the church are all bullshit in almost (99%) every anime.
Poor Holo...
Jan 2, 2016 3:14 PM
Jan 2016
FUCK YOU CHLOE!! SOMEONE KILL THAT BITCH
GaLaKtlKJan 6, 2016 8:06 AM
Sep 7, 2016 10:05 PM

Oct 2012
That just way too cute
I can't handle the Fox Wolf girl's cuteness
"Signature removed"
Nov 30, 2017 3:40 AM

May 2015
This show is boring to me.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 8, 2019 4:39 PM

Nov 2016
Didn't expect Chloe.

And tsun-Holo is kawaii.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 29, 2019 6:25 AM

Apr 2013
Escaping that situation was way too easy, especially since it barely required themselves to do anything. Also Holo is quite full of herself... "No man can match me"? What about the bunch of dudes who caught you last episode though lol
Dec 3, 2019 4:58 PM
Apr 2016
Hmm, the Chloe girl turns out to be involved in this, that's interesting. Once Holo returned, everything became so adorable, she's just too adorable!!
Jul 1, 2020 12:45 AM
Dec 2017
I wasnt so sure about the op when i first heard it but its really starting to grow on me.
Sep 30, 2020 3:31 PM

Jun 2020
How captivating, spice & wolf has so much charm, especially in Holo & Lawrence’s interactions, they have so much chemistry it’s so sweet to watch. Holo is just best girl all around I love her ♡♡

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jan 22, 2021 3:43 PM

Jul 2017
Not quite as strong as the previous episode but still pretty solid, especially after Holo and Lawrence met up and she unleashed a mixture of rants and adorableness on him, especially with the banter at the end with them teasing each other with calling each other 'cute'. Chloe being the one responsible was a pretty decent twist although not an unpredictable option either. She did not have quite the positive reception for meeting Holo as Lawrence did for first impressions, I can definitely say that. Should be interesting to see how Lawrence and Chloe would meet up, especially since Lawrence is helping Holo and will be by her side whereas Chloe was previously doing all she could to be by Lawrence's side in the past.
Feb 5, 2021 1:56 PM
Jul 2018
I don't care if this episode wasn't really as good as 4. Its my favorite of the series because Holo is one of the cutest characters ever
Mar 12, 2022 2:46 PM

Nov 2013
What the deal with Chloe? -__-

Please don't make Holo cry :(
Apr 11, 2022 4:59 PM

Sep 2014
This episode left me quite confused, I guess the big deal was always to blackmail the king, fair, though that could have been explained without the kidnapping. What was the point of kidnapping Holo for the other company? Why does nobody care that she is an actual Wolf deity?? Ah well, anime logic.

And what was that rescue operation? Lawrence basically did nothing, or could have been absent and the story would still be the same. I expected him to infiltrate the warehouse and save Holo, but he had no involvement at all.

Chloe didnt even know Holo existed for real, but anyway she planned to betray lawrence for what exactly? She didnt even go to the church but to some company so it cant be her faith.

I guess even good shows have a miss sometimes.

"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 17, 2023 10:58 PM

Jul 2019
Blushing and pouting Holo is a treat! I know I'm supposed to care about the talk about finances as well but I prefer Holo.
Jul 1, 2023 8:21 AM

Aug 2017
Holo just too cute. 

Chloe you motherfking bitch..
Jul 3, 2023 6:53 PM

Mar 2022
So Chloe was the one who kidnapped Holo. This is certainly a big surprise to me because for a bit we didn’t see her for 3 episodes and then she shows up again and she was the one responsible for kidnapping Holo in the first place. I honestly thought she was going to be like a background character who Holo might’ve gotten jealous of but no she’s MORE important than I thought she would be. Just basically playing with my expectations there, I like it, I like this development.
Holo was just being extra cute just her pouting and her teasing to Lawrence just gives me life. It really does.
Sep 12, 2023 12:29 PM

Dec 2022
I knew the villagers turned against Holo because they thought their poor harvests were some sign of incompetence, but Chloe takes it one step further by leaving the village to actively infringe on Holo's freedom.

Shaded Horizon

Dec 25, 2023 8:05 PM
Jul 2017
chloe is a traitor huh, lets see where all of this goes
Mar 28, 3:54 AM

Jul 2023
Why can't I vote in this episode?

5/5

anyway, glad Holo escaped, but it disppointed me that they made Chloe such a bitch
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Jan 16, 2008

146 by GooseHybrid »»
Apr 17, 10:00 AM

» Vintage over modernity

JustSomeone15 - Apr 10

31 by Chronoes »»
Apr 17, 1:29 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

8GaugeBrett - Mar 25, 2008

319 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 16, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

8GaugeBrett - Mar 6, 2008

154 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 9, 4:01 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Asako - Feb 19, 2008

153 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 4, 4:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.