Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 7, 2014 2:09 PM
Apr 2011
Terraformars is far from SnK. It's actually a combination of:
1. Starship Troopers (main premise)
2. Hunter X Hunter (battle style)
3. Tough or Baki (uses lots of references to real life creatures, techniques, situations to justify a certain theme or ideology)
Oct 7, 2014 2:11 PM

Jan 2013
is there anyone left who is aware of how recently attack on titan's manga started and that all this shit cant possibly be ripoffs?
Oct 17, 2014 6:16 PM

May 2009
honestly the only thing snk and this have in common is the abysmal pacing.
Oct 29, 2014 5:17 AM

May 2014
AOT is actually a rip off of claymore, a very blatant rip off in fact, from MC to main plot , even the plot twists are in fact the same !!! ... so yea
Oct 29, 2014 5:31 AM

Jan 2013
SnazzGary said:
I'm going to try and address each of these without blowing my head off because of the stupidity:

1. Enemy monsters are humanoid.
2. Enemy monsters are ugly.
3. Enemy monsters are male-looking mostly.
4. Enemy monsters are generally buff.
5. Enemy monsters (at least in the trailer) don't seem to speak (but I heard they do)
6. Enemy humanoid monsters trying to eat humans.

Shit, enemies trying to eat main characters? Never heard of that before. Totally. Yep. AoT is so original for coming up with that. Monsters are ugly? Haha, what the fuck? Are you serious? When are monsters/enemies ever good looking? Hmm? Most of the things I've seen, the antagonists are ugly as fuck unless they are human.

7. The number of the enemy is seemingly endless.
It's called dramatic effect, honey.

8. The humans "expedition party" that explores gets mostly wiped out
Not even going to address this.

9. A new type of human weapon is unveiled to defeat the enemy.

If you have a weapon that doesn't work against the enemy, it's common sense to try and come up with something new, right? Or is humanity supposed to be super stupid and not use their brains?

10. Most of the main characters have non-japanese names.
Just by looking at the cast, most of them are non-Japanese looking! 'Non-Japanese have Non-Japanese names'. HOLY SHIT, WHO WOULD OF THOUGHT? I thought every single character in anime has to have a Japanese name because logic! (Sarcasm)

11. The origin of the enemy is shrouded and is science-based not magic.
When are enemies origins not shrouded in mystery? Huh?

12. The drawing style seems purposefully similar.
Oh sweet Lord Sithis, are you serious? It looks more similar to Gantz than anything!

13. Both have a black haired female love-interest who had a traumatic childhood experience and were saved by the male partner.
Oh my god. Stop. You're grasping for straws here. Seriously? Seriously?

14. They are actively using many AoT voice actors such as the ones who play Reiner Braun, Zoë Hanji, Farlan Church, and Marlo from AoT are also voice acting in Terra Formars.

That's like saying 'Oh, you have Hiroshi Kamiya as a VA? You're copying off of Levi!' Totally excluding Izaya, Gareki, and hundreds of other characters who had his voice before Levi. Zoe's VA is one of the more popular VA's so just do us a favor, and stop with this stupid shit. Nezumi from No.6 has the same VA as Reiner, does that make No.6 a rip-off of AoT? No. If anything, No.6 is executed better. Much better.

You didn't even watch it before claiming similarities?! WHAT THE HELL? You should delete this thread because this is solely showing your stupidity if you didn't watch it, yet claimed it was an AoT rip-off.

le upboat for sithis reference
Oct 29, 2014 6:10 AM

Aug 2012
it's more like starship troopers meets gantz in my opinion not to mention it came out in 2011 which was before attack on titan got a massive casual fan base so it wouldn't have been worth ripping off anyway. it's just super campy fun don't think too deeply about it.
Oct 29, 2014 9:35 PM

Apr 2010
Everything is a ripoff nowadays. Who the hell cares.
Oct 29, 2014 10:57 PM

Oct 2013
WAD1992 said:
AOT is actually a rip off of claymore, a very blatant rip off in fact, from MC to main plot , even the plot twists are in fact the same !!! ... so yea

Attack on titan got inspiration from the muv luv video game, arms, and hell teacher nube and movies like Godzila, So get your facts straight.

Ignorant. Why can't people look shit up before talking nonsense and looking like an idiot?
Nov 2, 2014 2:56 PM

May 2014
keragamming said:
WAD1992 said:

Attack on titan got inspiration from the muv luv video game, arms, and hell teacher nube and movies like Godzila, So get your facts straight.

Ignorant. Why can't people look shit up before talking nonsense and looking like an idiot?

Yea, see i don't care what the critics stated or what the creator stated for that matter, i red a story, i saw something "exactly like it" and i made the connection, i don't need any one else's analysis to make my own opinions ... feel sorry that "some" people need to though :/ ... and as i stated "MC" and "MAIN PLOT" is a rip off, and in the long run everything in between is gonna be a rip off also, i enjoyed AOT as mush as the next person, but when i see plagiarism i have to shout it out
Nov 4, 2014 4:33 PM

Apr 2012
TBH what isn't ripped off of Shingeki no Kyojin? I mean even Hamlet is just an edgier version of Eren.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Nov 12, 2014 4:04 PM

Nov 2007
PetitFours said:
Let me guess. You rated Attack on Titan 10.

I'm sure those who rated AoT 10 rated TF 5-6
Nov 23, 2014 4:55 PM
Jul 2018
#Original
Nov 25, 2014 8:02 PM

Feb 2014
This thread is hilarious!!!
Dec 2, 2014 3:28 PM

Feb 2011
Marzan said:
The manga has been around for some years so I think the OP needs to inform himself before opening a thread.
thsi. ahah
Jan 18, 2016 11:52 AM
Apr 2015
ReaperCreeper said:
No it's the Japanese Starship Troopers.

Attack on Titan is influenced by Muv-Luv Alternative which was itself influenced by Starship Troopers.
Mar 26, 2016 9:55 PM

Jun 2013
You obviously haven't seen a lot of Anime or movies to compare this to AoT. Seriously, out of all of the series out there, you compared this to AoT?

Just because there's gore, character deaths, tragic backstories and the humanoid roaches walking about killing them, doesn't automatically liken it to AoT. It's a far cry from AoT.

ReaperCreeper said:
No it's the Japanese Starship Troopers.

THIS. This is exactly what immediately popped up in my mind when I first saw it. Starship Troopers also had its share of tragic backstories and love interests that failed. I'm glad there are people like ReaperCreeper who can relate Terra Formars to Starship Troopers.
臭い-
Apr 3, 2016 2:08 AM
Jul 2015
reactionary said:
Is it just me? After watching the trailer, aside from the fact they threw in "space" and that it's a "different planet" it's really all the same but even that last bit only makes it closer to AoT since it'll still likely have the "mystery of the rest of the world/undiscovered world" thing that Attack on Titans' does.

Everything from the drawing style, tall, muscular, odd-humanoid beings trying to eat them, and main characters transforming in order to beat them, it all rings of a desperate attempt (by Warner Brothers) to try and cash in on what they see as a sure thing (not understanding that the soul of the anime is what makes it work and you can't just replicate that by throwing money at an animation studio and saying "make something like Attack on Titans!").
Dude are you an idiot...since when do cockraoches compare to titans? Since when does the story compare? This is why some of us can't enjoy the next season if anime because everyone complains on the violence and gore (that's what we fucking like) and finally you dumbass, the cockraoches aren't eating them....they are just killing them
Sep 1, 2016 2:28 AM
Sep 2013
Jesus Christ. Here we go again, everything is a clone of my favorite shows.

The only confirmed inspiration is the visual novel "Muv Luv Alternative" (which is much better than AoT btw, as long as you can ignore all the unnecessary female characters that stem from the harem root set by the previous games). However, even that is just an inspiration, AoT is definitely NOT Muv Luv Alternative. Though I guess you could say that Titan transformations are just mechas. INB4 claims that AoT is a Gundam rip-off.
MrNTRSep 1, 2016 2:32 AM
Jan 15, 2017 6:17 AM

Sep 2009
Maybe if they built a wall to stop the cockroaches
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2014

194 by JVskunkape »»
May 16, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2014

250 by JVskunkape »»
May 14, 11:04 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2014

348 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 30, 2:59 AM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2014

125 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2014

73 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 10:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.