Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Dec 6, 2015 8:09 PM

Feb 2010
True from the start to the end, very dandy-like ending. Not the kind of show I was expecting when I started s1 e1, but by no means am I disappointed :D

Dec 21, 2015 4:19 PM
Dec 2015
Can't really decide if I liked this episode, Kinda felt a bit flat to me, but it might be because I hate endings to shows.
Jan 4, 2016 8:36 PM
Dec 2015
Aye, that Doraemon reference at the end!
Dokodemo door :V
Apr 8, 2016 12:00 PM

Jun 2014
I'll miss this show, definitely one of the greatest original anime ever made, the OST and the animation were on point, it's amazing how many different directing and animation styles they used... This is incredibly underrated. I had so much fun watching this, sometimes there were even feels, just a great experience in general. The creativity in this literally knows no bounds and I'm looking forward to more if we ever get more. I loved most of the characters and I can't wait to rewatch my favorite episodes in the future.

alpha_shadowApr 8, 2016 12:09 PM
:3
Sep 15, 2016 12:13 AM

Jan 2014
You know when I first started Space Dandy almost 3 years ago, I never expected to love it this much. I watched the 1st season and never bothered to pick up the second season until a week ago, and my god idk what I was thinking back then

While season 1 was enjoyable, there were several episodes that were just meh to me, but season 2 there was only 1 episode out of the 13 that I didn't like ( the cloud episode). Season 2 expanded more on how amazing of a character Dandy is

It was shown in episode 5 in the 1st season when he took care of that little girl, but it's fully realized in this season that Dandy really is more than just boobs and ass ( lol can't believe I said that ) The fact that this anime has such a unique animation style, a memorable OST, and different people working on different episodes is really amazing

This show made me laugh my ass off, this show made me question deep themes, this show has my heart warm. From starting a rock and roll band, to having a romantic and mature relationship, to being in Glee high school, and to exploring the concepts of what it means to die and what significance does it really hold, Space Dandy is definitely going to be a classic for many years to come

At the end it says May be Continued, but it's been more than 2 years since this show has ended, and the chances of it getting a 3rd season is extremely extremely low.

Well it was fun ride baby
Dec 9, 2016 10:26 PM

Jul 2015
tfw dandy becomes a leg man at the end, literally 10/10
Dec 13, 2016 12:29 PM

May 2016
I just made a few GIFs of this EPIC episode lol , feel free to use it

Dec 30, 2016 11:17 PM

Jul 2016
Dandy is Nietzsche now.
Feb 21, 2017 2:24 PM

Dec 2016
What a way to end a series like Space Dandy. Boy did I sure love this show!
TheFreycookFeb 21, 2017 2:28 PM
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 6, 2017 2:39 PM

Jan 2017
If being a God implies that you can't enjoy yourself at Boobies it was obvious the answer that Dandy was going to made. I hope there will be a third season. I really liked this show.
Karasuno Fight!!!
Mar 21, 2018 3:35 PM

Oct 2015
Bea's betrayal was insignificant though but damn I loved his partnership with Gel hakase. Too bad the duel between Adimral Johnny and Admiral Perry wasn't taken serious, as I would've liked it. Dandy as a God was forced though, it didn't cut it but it was obvious he wouldn't accept.
And it seems like he reset everything back to the first ep, S1.

It was great to see everyone helping dandy including Scarlet and Honey. But I felt this season focused on Dandy more unlike the previous, which was also focused on Meow and QT. Oh well what can you do, he's the MC after all.

9/10 and would like a S3 in future.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 15, 2018 8:35 PM
Jan 2018
Of course Lelouch still has a flair for the dramatic.
Dec 20, 2018 8:16 AM

Nov 2010
Oh boy, I forgot to watch the last episode for few years!!

Many surprised in this episode. Overall I have fun with both seasons. While I hope there will be new season but honestly, I'm ok if it ends here. I always recommend thia anime to my friends. It indeed was a fun ride.
Jan 6, 2019 1:10 PM

Apr 2013
Pretty flash final episode, just as confusing as a lot of the others though.

Overall I might have enjoyed this even a bit less than last season, but I'll give it the same score since it was close. 3/10
Mar 25, 2019 6:21 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Oh, so it was just one repeating loop? I honestly don't need an explanation on how Dandy was able to accomplish all of that, just have it so that he's just that DANDY, baby.
This was one crazy episode, it had everything I wanted, especially the return of my man Johnny, sad, he never could meet Dandy after all of that, not that anybody could. It gave me an empty feeling of sadness to see how they just were going to relive everything from season 1 and 2 again, with Meow still not there at the beginning, I'll not sure I like this type of endings but it's fine so long you ignore that last part.
Plot twist after another, it blew my mind how if you really thought about it, clues about this were thrown across all episodes from both seasons on how Dandy was really the chosen one. Also, that betrayal and the disrespect to Dr. Gel was surreal.
Jun 13, 2019 6:52 PM

Feb 2012
I really liked this season especially with all the good music it had.
Boobies > God
Buh bye, baby

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Oct 22, 2019 4:03 PM

Jul 2010
I was late to the Dandy train but I am glad I watched it in the end.

Though some episodes were the best I ever watched in an anime, a significant amount of episodes were dull and not so good. If every episode was as good as the average one or at least the final episode was not underwhelming it would be perfect for me. As it is I rate it 8/10.

Maybe because I am obsessed with 80s music and synthwave lately, the OST of Space Dandy moved me more than the usual. I will definitely listen to the full OST over and over.

I really wanted to rate this a 10/10 but my scoring standards does not let me. I definitely want a third season. I would even watch hundreds of episodes of this show.
Dec 15, 2019 12:28 PM

Mar 2018
Watching this five years after the second cour aired. which means any chanced for a new season or movie are zero which is really a fucking shame because the second season was bloody amazing.
Jan 8, 2020 2:30 AM

May 2019
this series is definitely one of the best, then again its to be expected from a series made by shinichiro watanabe. i really have no idea on what to say, im speechless. the ending was random and it was very exciting, i mean this whole series was, i guess im just speechless cus finally over. this is no doubt one of the best animes of this decade. ill really miss this show. hopefully they make another season some day, until then, see you later space dandy, baby
Feb 26, 2020 3:17 AM

Jan 2017
this madlad refuses to become a god and casually resets the multiverse, so he can keep living the dandy life.

i'm glad i finally took the time to rewatch it. the second season is even better than the first one and therefore deserves a 9/10. we need more anime like this one!
May 2, 2020 5:18 PM

Oct 2019
Just finished this episode. Music was very good and the animation was out of this world, literally. Seeing skeleton galaxy dude as a regular person was a shock to me. Overall, season is like an 8 to me.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

May 3, 2020 4:52 AM

Apr 2014
10/10

Bye another space cowboy
themanualreader@proton.me
May 3, 2020 5:57 PM
Feb 2016
This was a pretty meh ending. Like 3 min of this episode was somewhat interesting (when he talks to the narrator(God) and the rest was the culmination of the whole Jalcro/Golgo conflict which was pretty flashy and doesn't have much substance aside from "ruling the universe".

Not to mention that a lot of things are left unanswered. Like how dandy talked to fucking God, it's not weird to assume that if he can pull that off then pretty much anything is possible if he puts his mind to it,so more usage/info about his powers would be nice. Plus the fact that his rejection of becoming a god didn't make it clear whether or not he still possess the powers or not because he's teleported back to ep 1.

Even the non boring part of the show didn't tell us much either. We know that dandy is able to traverse through multiple universes and he lives a different life in each one without remembering it happening. This felt like a rehash of the episode with the box lady,which was also a rehash of ep 8 where his true nature gets revealed to him by the planet that loves him.

Did they run out of ideas or something or couldn't be bothered to write good stuff, because the episodes after 9 have been really mediocre which is a damn shame considering how well season 2 blew season one out of the water in every aspect. Mabye it's just me but I didn't expect such strong fire of a show to be blown out like a burnt up candle.
Sep 20, 2020 9:29 PM

Apr 2019
Simply put, amazing finale to an amazing anime.

God I'm gonna miss this till they (hopefully) make a 3rd season.
Dec 5, 2020 8:05 AM

Aug 2018
He rejects becoming god because what's to go to boobies. If that doesn't encapsulate space dandy I don't know what does
_______I like rocks__
Jan 2, 2021 8:20 PM
Nov 2015
Love this anime more than i expect to ...

The animation was 10/10

Plot a solid 8/10 : Even tho some episodes were meh others were some of the Best episodes i have watched in an anime in ages, they take into account some scifi concepts that not other anime have, some movies but not animes; like parallel universes, warp not being warp but dimensional travel. Very interesting , i wish they Made another season.

Character 9/10 : very very funny yet charismatic, i never thought i would Care so much for a vacuum cleaner so much lol

Overall 9/10 : The only reason this is not a 10/10 is cuz like i said some episodes were very out of place or boring, but wow the others compensate everything, i totally recommend this show .
Jan 25, 2021 1:26 AM

Dec 2020
My least favorite Watanabe show but still a ride!

I dunno what else to say...

Boobies?

"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out If I'm really alive."
May 3, 2021 6:29 AM

Dec 2020
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The final episode is out in RAW from Osaka. Apparently, the finale depicted a lot of action especially around the mid section. Almost every major character participates in the battle including Scarlet and Honey. So yeah, it was a pretty action oriented action.

Dandy has contact with a God-like being while the show wraps up with a different music than usual and fireworks. I'm not sure how I feel about this ending tbh. The music at the end was awesome though. I guess his show really went with a bang.

Also, a "to be continued?" at the end. I'm guessing a possible movie.

God damn they baited us with "to be continued" I just finished watching the show I hated season1 because it was leading nowhere, but I loved season 2 it just hits different and it explained why the episodes were confusing. love season2
Jun 16, 2021 5:03 PM

Aug 2019
What a mind-blowing finale.
It's been a little under 7 years since this anime finished so the chances of it getting a continuation are very low :/
8-9/10 for me- some episode were okayish while others were fantastic.
Sep 12, 2021 2:28 AM

May 2020
An incredibly over-the-top finale as expected, capped off with Dandy rejecting the chance to be God. He's not wrong though. What's the point of being God if you can't grab an ass ?

I enjoyed this season a bit less than the previous one. It had some stand out episodes but I felt like the previous season was more consistently entertaining. Nevertheless, this series is extremely entertaining and well done from a production side of things too. I'm going to miss this, although who knows ? With all the belated sequels coming out recently, Bones just might find it in their interests to show us more of BBP' shenanigans.
Apr 26, 2022 4:19 AM

Aug 2018
Being a god or daily visit to boobies, not a difficult choice for Dandy xD
Sep 22, 2022 3:51 AM
Jan 2021
just a perfect ending
Nov 3, 2022 10:23 PM

Jul 2015
My episodes ranking for this season is:

4>7>9>1>5>10>11>8>6>13>12>2>3

overall it was pretty great, it's criminal how underrated Space Dandy is, every season should have more than 600,000 members at least, but oh well

Dec 26, 2022 10:50 PM
Jun 2021
what a fever dream of a show im glad i watched it baby! also what and ending!
Feb 15, 2023 3:51 PM

Jan 2009
so the episodic nature of the show is explained by multiverse theory then

dandy has the power to be the god of the multiverse since he can travel through dimensions

what a finale there is even kanada dragons appearing
Mar 27, 2023 3:29 PM
Jun 2022
Wow i doubt i'm gonna find a anime like this masterpiece, i wish it got third season, but unfortunately this anime aired almost 10 years ago :c, only i wanna say that this anime will be remembered forever. Space dandy
Mar 27, 2023 3:29 PM
Jun 2022
Wow i doubt i'm gonna find a anime like this masterpiece, i wish it got third season, but unfortunately this anime aired almost 10 years ago :c, only i wanna say that this anime will be remembered forever. i'll never forget the "Yo"
Mar 29, 2023 10:51 AM

Feb 2020
Over the top animation
Silly a__ goofy plot
Loved it, baby

I'll miss this show
May 9, 2023 5:52 PM
Mar 2022
Wow. What a way to end things! Loved this series so much. Stay Dandy baby!!
Jul 18, 2023 9:36 PM

Jun 2021
See you space dandy :')
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Sep 12, 2023 8:37 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2014:
Dec 7, 2023 11:15 PM

Jul 2021
A beautiful end to a beautiful series. What an amazing last episode. We got to see plenty of great characters like Dr. Gel and Johnny. This last episode had great action and emotional moments Dr Gel giving his ship to Dandy was great.

Dandy talking to god and declining his offer to become god was a great moment.

9/10

Stay Dandy.

See you space Dandy

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Space☆Dandy 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

181 by justaguyontheweb »»
Apr 12, 3:55 AM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

80 by thegoishady »»
Mar 22, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

123 by Alshai »»
Feb 28, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2014

94 by KikiTheDestroyer »»
Jan 21, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2014

139 by TrevRockOne »»
Jan 16, 3:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.