Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 23, 2014 12:26 AM

Oct 2010

Let's spark some discussion *.*

Share your unpopular opinions on anime here or tell us about that one anime that just ruined everything for you~

For me, once upon a time there was an anime called Akane-iro Somaru Saka...
Everything was going well~
Typical romance stuff, yada-yada. Was cute.
The main girl was even voiced by Kugimiya Rie!
But then on the second last, the stupid mc took the advise of his sister's best fried...
The result? Surprise incest ending.

Now for something like Yosuga no Sora / Oreimo.. it was understandable.. but this.. litterally came out of nowhere!! I was so mad...
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 23, 2014 1:44 AM
Sep 2014
For me, perhaps the most unpopular opinion I have is the hating of Code Geass.
Sep 23, 2014 7:52 PM

Mar 2014
Looks like someone didn't enjoy R2
When Ronald gets happy, I just have to do this. Everyone join in. Here we go! RAN RAN RUUUU~~~
Sep 23, 2014 11:09 PM
Jan 2012
Full Metal Alchemist and Fate/Zero worst series ever
Sep 23, 2014 11:22 PM

Oct 2010
DarknessKira said:

There are instances where it's possible to see why/how someone would have this opinion, but with you having completed 417 anime... I just can't believe this to be true XD

Either that or that means the other 415 were all superior to FMA and F/Z in your opinion?
Sep 24, 2014 1:02 AM

Oct 2012
I tend to accept what ever I watch and rarely grow to fully dislike anything but if there's anything I would put at the bottom, it would be this small, 2 episode OVA called Puni Puni Poemi which killed me internally, sure it was from the same mind as Excel Saga but I was not expecting the random, 4th wall breaking, plotless mess that this was.

Another one I disliked was Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai!
Now don't get me wrong, I am ok with ecchi but this is not the ecchi I would enjoy, all the anime is about is girls wrestling on the ground and moaning in pain as they are put in holds, now that's not what I didn't like, it was the fact that it was all the anime did for 12 EPISODES beginning to end. If you bought the bluray, you just bought a soundtrack of girls moaning with some plot-less visual accompaniment. I mean seriously, a normal ecchi would have some decent plot or some setting other than a ring, but not this one, it's seriously about how the main character, Sakura, gets her fat ass beat in by multiple other fighters and she moans and cries her way through each one.

*FUN FACT* Sakura's Seiyuu is that same one as Suguha from Sword Art, and Azusa from K-on!, so if you wanted to hear any of them moan for about 6 hours, this anime is just for you.
yeah so just those two.
LeSpazSep 24, 2014 1:07 AM
Sep 24, 2014 1:34 AM

Dec 2013
I don't usually hate things like anime because I think it's a waste of energy. :P

Though an anime I disliked recently would probably be Glasslip from the summer 2014 season. It's about a group of five friends spending their last summer together and a new guy arriving in town. There's sort of a vague plot to it with two characters able to see "fragments of the future" and a sort of love dodecahedron.

I found the characters so inscrutable that I struggled to derive any meaning from their actions. It was mildly entertaining though, if only to see some of the questionable writing decisions that were made. Not sure if I want to spoil it.

It also has chickens.

An unpopular opinion? I was indifferent to Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann until around the second half, where I sort of started to like it. I can understand why people like it, but it wasn't really my thing.
zhiwen1689Sep 24, 2014 2:53 AM
Sep 24, 2014 3:41 AM
May 2013
I hear all the time that Clannad/Clannad: After Story is "life-changing". Now, I never actually cared to see for myself, until a couple of my friends and I did this thing where we each chose one anime from each others' lists at random, and of course, much to my dismay, I got that-rom-com-with-the-bug-people known as "Clannad".

I wouldn't consider myself heartless, considering Anohana made me cry more tears than a theatre full of 15 year old girls watching The Fault In Our Stars, but I sat through the whole first season of Clannad... And I hated it. They tried absolutely anything to force a feeling of sadness, from the irrelevant inability to play basketball of the MC, to house fires, to ghosts (?), to random sicknesses, and then the "comedy" would just fire off out of no where. In Anohana, I was devastated because you saw the characters at their happiest, AND their saddest, and their issues were so realistic (despite ghosts, once again...). In Clannad, it was "Here's this sad boy, feel sad. He makes sad friends. That makes them sad."

I have no desire to ever watch what the MAL population has ranked as its 4th best anime.

Also, NGE is the worst. The movie's are just ok.
Sep 24, 2014 12:41 PM
Sep 2014
Not directly anime related but I find Egoist to be overrated...its not bad but not fantastic...to go with that, I find Guilty Crown to be overrated as well. Shuu just pisses me off from the beginning to end and Inori is just boring to watch, almost as bad as Kirsten Stewart.
Sep 24, 2014 1:50 PM
Jan 2012
BigBoss0327 said:
DarknessKira said:

There are instances where it's possible to see why/how someone would have this opinion, but with you having completed 417 anime... I just can't believe this to be true XD

Either that or that means the other 415 were all superior to FMA and F/Z in your opinion?

Nahh i just wanted to troll and see ppls reactions, FMA and F/Z are actually my favourites
Sep 24, 2014 11:17 PM

Mar 2014
zhiwen1689 said:
An unpopular opinion? I was indifferent to Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann until around the second half, where I sort of started to like it. I can understand why people like it, but it wasn't really my thing.

Dw. TTGL is by far my favorite but it definitely has its flaws. I, myself, cringed at some of the early episodes and how it made like... no fucking sense. Randomly thrown in fanservice didn't really help my expectations either (This is what happens when you try to take TTGL seriously though, as in LOGIC).

Funny how I say that though, because I own a Yoko pillow O_O

Idk how to put the spoiler alert thingy cuz I don't really comment on forums. But yeah, Nia FUCKING pissed me off during my first time I watched it mainly because I thought her voice was annoying as hell. It's only after I saw TTGL: LH, that I started to truly sympathize for her and understand her purpose in the show and then the endings to both the movie and the TV series hit me like a truck.
When Ronald gets happy, I just have to do this. Everyone join in. Here we go! RAN RAN RUUUU~~~
Sep 24, 2014 11:21 PM

Mar 2014
DarknessKira said:
BigBoss0327 said:

Nahh i just wanted to troll and see ppls reactions, FMA and F/Z are actually my favourites

Thought so. Watching Fate/Zero season 1 right now and it's exceeding my expectations. I expect the last 12 episodes of season 2 to be AMAZING.

Hopefully, Unlimited Bladeworks will be also OP.
Sep 27, 2014 3:52 PM
Sep 2011
I honestly did not enjoy watching Ano Hana. Even though a lot of people I knew broke down crying during the sad scenes and said it was one of the most touching things they've seen in their lives, I felt as if the entire thing was a bit too...melodramatic? Like the crying scenes were there to force a reaction out of the viewers. Menma in general kind of pissed me off, from her personality to the fact that no one believed she was around even though she could interact with objects.

TL;DR I wanted to throw a brick at Ano Hana's plotline and characters.

Also, Ano Hana the Recap movie! I feel like I wasted my money watching this at the theatres... ;_;
Sep 27, 2014 10:58 PM

Feb 2010
School Days <- scarred me for life
Sep 29, 2014 12:28 AM

Oct 2010
tsuna-daisuki said:

Yeah man, I was actually scared of girls for a while after watching that in highschool... O.O
Sep 29, 2014 1:04 AM
Jan 2012
BigBoss0327 said:
tsuna-daisuki said:

Yeah man, I was actually scared of girls for a while after watching that in highschool... O.O

I dunno i think it would only scare u if u were cheating lolll
Sep 29, 2014 8:45 PM

Mar 2009
tsuna-daisuki said:

LOOL omg me too. I think I watched this randomly back in highschool and was so creeped out by the end >< I have no idea why I even watched it.. QQ

Anywho, hum i found Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! bad.. It was funny for the first few episodes and then it got tiresome to watch considering the main chick didn't make any improvements.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Funeral for Illyasviel von Einzbern

KimchiHydralisk - Apr 19, 2015

0 by KimchiHydralisk »»
Apr 19, 2015 12:43 AM

» Introductions

BigBoss0327 - Sep 22, 2014

15 by SheepishNate »»
Jan 10, 2015 1:05 AM

» Weab music/songs?

KimchiHydralisk - Oct 4, 2014

5 by Lionide »»
Oct 9, 2014 10:33 PM

» Super Smash Club Event. Anyone going to this?

Axlaaaan - Oct 2, 2014

3 by Axlaaaan »»
Oct 7, 2014 7:26 AM

» Fall 2014 Season

zhiwen1689 - Sep 24, 2014

7 by Lionide »»
Sep 28, 2014 1:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.