Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Sep 25, 2014 8:25 AM

Jul 2010
I thought they chose a good stopping point for this season. I hope it can be said to be the first season, since there is much more story to be told. Heck, the manga isn't even done yet! I was a bit surprised that it didn't get to the summer festival arc, but after seeing it, I think this was the right place to end it, given the lack of good stopping points from here on out.
Sep 25, 2014 8:26 AM

Aug 2014
Was a lovely finale. Anyways I probably will be miss this anime, it's so fantastic, cool, full of love and friendship moments, that funny moments were hilarious.....
Now I'm crying it's a great anime witch talks about a love story of two cute persons.
This anime is 10/10. Really Incredible!
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Sep 25, 2014 2:43 PM

Jan 2009
That was awesome ! 9/10
Sep 26, 2014 12:29 AM

Nov 2011
I need another season! This story is not finished yet!
This anime is synym of frustration! Dammit!!!! >.<
Sep 26, 2014 5:57 AM

Jul 2013
I enjoyed this show a lot *_* The pastels were very pretty and contributed to the cute atmosphere of the show. I particularly liked how they did a little montage towards the end of all their special moments. Really hope there will be a second season, if not, i think ill just pick up the manga :)
Sep 26, 2014 7:02 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
I thought this was actually a rather well done conclusion since it seems like they chose a very nice place to stop and there's plenty of set up left for another season if they feel like making one. These last two episodes were particularly noteworthy, one of the highlights of the series, the art was at a high standard and that insert song was also pleasant (albeit kinda overused). All in all, I welcome a second season because this one well and truly lived up to its name.

7/10
Sep 26, 2014 7:46 AM

Jul 2012
draker said:
I was afraid since the manga is shit, but the anime turned out to be quite good. I guess even the producers know that, hence why they adapted only so much.

This is actually so accurate LOL Yeah, anime really made some "stuff" better imo. I would still prefer it to adapt every thing because it feels to open ended..
Sep 26, 2014 8:56 AM
Jul 2018
5/5

Well, its ended. Nice ending, what a true friendships, i can just say that this series was amazing, i had bored in the middle of the series though.
But finally they are opened their turf cards, its became interesting and intersting.
I rated this as 5/10 back then. But when their (the producers) had opened their turf cards, I truly impressed with this series.

I'm glad that Futaba and Yuuri's friendship didn't fell apart since they are loved Kou so much. but i'm glad those situations doesn't mess up their friendship.

And finally Shuuko got noticed by Kou's brother aka Tanaka Youichi... And even Kominato didn't mind that Shuuko dating with Tanaka-sensei, but i bet Kominato's mind if Murao dating with him lol, just a little though.
Their friendship keep in solids even though there are a conflicted love each others. this is what's called 'love won't break us down' .. Its truly awesome series.

Imo, the overall is...
8.5/10

Good job Production I.G and else!
removed-userSep 26, 2014 9:03 AM
Sep 26, 2014 11:00 PM

Apr 2010
It was alright I guess, it didn't have most the annoyances that animes like these usually have at least.

Still it was just another unoriginal cliché anime series again, there was nothing in this that didn't already happen in a dozen other romance animes just like it beforehand.

Basically it's the umpteenth show of it's kind that just plays it safe because readers/viewers don't like anything unique over in Japan like that.
Sep 27, 2014 7:32 AM

Jan 2012
It was ok, some nice scenes here and there. Some parts were terribly boring though.

It didn't really stand out in any way from a lot of other romance's though.

Overall 7/10
Sep 27, 2014 8:47 AM

Oct 2013
I really enjoyed this anime and I definitely want a second season! I liked all the characters and the ending was good, even though we know there is much more story after that. We all just wanna see the romance progress and Touma being a love rival so Kou will get jealous.

Kou finally opening the door to Futaba was such a sweet scene, and then when they started acting in class the same way they were when they were in the past... so kawaii <3

And what about Tanaka-sensei hinting a future romance with Shuuko to Kominato? I wasn't expecting that. I like both guys so I don't really care who she ends up with. But I'm gonna say that Tanaka-sensei was a like a little kid crying when Kou had dinner with them, it was adorable lol.

I'm thinking about reading the manga cause I really want more!!
Sep 27, 2014 7:02 PM

Aug 2014
I really liked this anime a lot 10/10
Season 2 would be much appreciated :) This anime was so kawaii in some parts *-*
MALoween Mansion 2017

Main Candies:

Kabo-chan's Candies:

Sep 28, 2014 2:26 AM
Jul 2018
Futaba is so cute and such a nice character. The development of her relationship with Kou is the strong point in this series and was such a good one. :)
Sep 28, 2014 7:48 AM

Oct 2009
Decent shoujo, sometimes way too shoujo for me >.<

Characters were great, except for Yuuri. Ended up hating her. Also I wish the story would've focused more on Shouko as well. Too bad I heard the story goes to crap later on..

Futaba <3

7.4/10
Sep 28, 2014 6:49 PM

Aug 2013
Awwwn, now that he's liberated from his guilt, he's such a shy little boy :)

That was a really sweet shoujo. I'm such a sucker for cheesy romance with some comedy, but it wasn't that much cheesy. It had a really great execution on the devellopement between Kou and Futaba without rushing it.

The supper scene was touching. It was really simple, the dad didn't broke in tears, they didn't made a big monologue or whatever. Just a broken family finaly having a supper together.

I really hope we get a second season. I WANT A GODDAMN KISS!
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 29, 2014 12:17 PM
Apr 2014
Hmm I expected something more dramatic in the final episode but that was fine, too. Lately I've been such a sucker for romance... It's so hard to find action anime which are on the same level in their area as quite a few romance are in their area >.>

Anyway. I'm getting off-topic. I really wouldn't mind another season of this :) Enjoyed most episodes. Just the "love-triangle-thing" was a bit lame because I don't think there is any way to get around Kou and Futaba ending up together(making the triangle kinda senseless) and who'd want that anyway
NanashiSep 29, 2014 12:22 PM
Sep 30, 2014 8:54 AM

Aug 2010
Pretty boring overall. There were a few good scenes here and there, and I was even hooked for a while, but the characters are terrible and the whole romance thing is plain and generic.
4/10
Sep 30, 2014 11:15 AM
Nov 2013
Decent show not really that special, i liked some moments but the show was a bit boring overall.
Sep 30, 2014 11:42 AM
Sep 2008
For me the best part of the whole series was the last conversation between Shuuto - Tanaka-sensei - Kominato. Would have been nice to see more development in this trio.

All in all a decent series, too slow and too little character development, but it provided a very good portrait of a young person losing his parent and struggling with the situation.
Sep 30, 2014 1:07 PM

May 2014
Something that I liked this anime apart from the story that is very good music has been a very high quality. Great anime highly recommended that gave him a 10 punctuation.
Oct 1, 2014 8:50 PM

Apr 2012
It started well, and ended well, but everything between was garbage. To be frank, I'm glad it's over.
Oct 2, 2014 3:40 AM
Dec 2013
This ending reminded me so much of Say I Love You, but i'll say i loved this for sure. 10/10

Great romance, superior shoujo genre at its finest, added to my favorites

<3

I ship Tanaka-sensei and Shuu-chan way more tho, they are cute together.
Oct 2, 2014 4:59 AM

Sep 2013
Loved the show!!! 9/10 of course!

I just think there could be maybe a little more, but since it is not over the story because of the manga continuation, i think it will have a season 2! An i hope it fills my crave for Futaba X Kou!!! Yeah yeah Yuuri is a nice girl but you won't beat Yoshioka =D!

I really enjoyed the last episode though... the way he tries to get back the time he lost due to his emotional troubles during dinner with his family was awesome, the way Youichi cries of happiness almost got me crying too T.T ! I thought it was a very good show and hypeee for season 2!
Oct 2, 2014 11:32 AM
Aug 2014
Okey this was one of my favorite animes until the last episode. I really hope they release a season 2 because im not really a manga reader. I'd like to see those to in a relationship. Because I clearly ship them so bad omgg. I'd love to se more of that orange haired guy as well. So im hoping for a season 2 otherwise I guess I have to read the manga. But honestly I really wanted a futaba - kou kiss :c
Oct 2, 2014 12:00 PM
Jul 2018
Can't really say I disagree with you but the last episode doesn't usually spoil an anime for me unless is very rushed wich was not the case. It was a very emotional episode anyway but like you, I'm hoping for a sequel.
Oct 2, 2014 10:36 PM

Oct 2011
So they ended the series before the shitstorm struck?
A wise choice. Otherwise this whole anime would've went to shit.
Oct 2, 2014 10:41 PM

Oct 2008
CrimsonLight said:

Sadly ,that's so very true.

Honestly its nothing as bad as Usagi Drop manga after it continued what happened in the anime for instance,but it's still pretty damn close to that level of awfulness.
Oct 2, 2014 10:46 PM
Dec 2013
Wtf, can you guys spoil it for me, please. In a spoiler ofc.
Oct 3, 2014 8:59 AM

May 2010
Last time hearing the OP (and the ED), sorta sad... esp. because of the OP as it is among my favs this season.

Such a nice resolution. Really liked the Shuuko/ Shuu-chan scene.

Beautiful anime of a beautiful manga. 9/10. Want a 2nd season! Need more KouTaba, friendship scenes, Tanaka and Touma, of course.
Oct 3, 2014 3:09 PM

Sep 2013
CrimsonLight said:

If it gets a second season it will strike anyway... I'm just sad that we didn't get to see the real romance of both parties Futaba x Kou in this season.

But true perhaps if they jumped the gun it could have ruined it
Oct 3, 2014 10:36 PM

Sep 2011
I love resolution. :)

Loved how Tanaka-sensei just completely owned Kominato.
Oct 4, 2014 5:30 AM

Jul 2012
dat feels ;_;
ahh nice episode, eating dinner together
Sent with Mal Updater
Oct 6, 2014 7:07 AM

Jul 2013
sweet
Oct 6, 2014 8:40 PM
Nov 2012
It didn't end with a bang so I'm hoping there's going to be a second season. If not I'm totally going to read the manga.
Oct 7, 2014 6:20 AM

Sep 2013
Mayinsun said:
It didn't end with a bang so I'm hoping there's going to be a second season. If not I'm totally going to read the manga.

Read it, it is really good ^^
Oct 8, 2014 8:27 PM

Dec 2007
great episodes. this anime follows the manga very closely. but judging by some character's appearance there mightbe a second season in the way.
love this anime, but the managa... the manga... i really hope thay make a second season. but i guess it would have to take a while so it doesnt catch up to the manga mid season.
Oct 10, 2014 10:41 PM

Apr 2013
Another anime that ends at the start of summer!

A good ending, but suffering from the same problem one cour shows usually do, leaving us hanging. Ah well! I'm used to it now. T_T

Best Cameo - The Library Boy
Oct 11, 2014 12:27 PM

Jan 2011
Meh, 7/10 for me, cant say I was ever impressed by anything here. Supports were a downer for sure - half the episodes they were nonexistant even.
Whatever. Next.
Oct 12, 2014 6:42 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I wasn't sure about Shuuko's character at first. She seemed plain, and boring. However, as the episodes passed she became an interesting character. Her quiet personality fits with the group nicely. Kominato x Shuuko would make a nice couple, Kominato is really into her.

I liked the quality time between Tanaka/Kou and their father.

LOL at "the guy from the library", Touma. He probably has nightmares each time he goes to sleep now xD

9/10
A show worthy of a second season. Great show and the characters were all likable.

Oct 14, 2014 8:58 AM

Dec 2012
Really nice episode/ending~
Poor Touma tho "The pervert girl!?" lol
I'm guessing it's gonna get another season eventually ?? since they showed Touma and
Oct 16, 2014 12:29 PM

Oct 2013
The finale was fine, i hope there'll be a 2nd season featuring Toma in it, man that guy is hillarious , would love to see love rivals between Kou and Toma !

And so many feels throughout the episodes i feel bad for Kou tho, and i was expecting for a kiss ! ! ! too bad for me tho :')

Overall score 8/10, now onto the manga ..
Oct 27, 2014 11:04 AM
May 2012
Pacing was too, too slow. I didn't see much character development. Kou's development as an individual was worth noticing, Futabas' was only noticeable in the early episodes. And their relationship hasn't even gone that much. Can't help but feel unsatisfied. And what about Yuuri? Will her love become unrequited? And I don't see much development of the whole group (the five of them), it made the series incomplete for me, I mean it defeats the purpose of Kominato and Murao, and I feel bad thay they are kinda left out.

Though I have to say, Tanaka-sensei really owned Kominato in the end, that was kinda an epic moment for me. Everything else, except the character developments were pretty good.

6/10
Nov 3, 2014 7:02 AM

Oct 2014
Not much of an epic ending but it was a nice way to prepare things up for the next season, I hope.
"Having someone saying you're okay as you are and being needed by that person... It was nice to have someone like that..." — Taiga Aisaka
Nov 3, 2014 2:02 PM

Jun 2013
The character design of Yoshioka is simply the best I've seen of a highschool girl in a long time. Absolutely love her design. The detailed faces are refreshing to see compared to the generic pizza slices we usually get.

I don't understand the dislike for this show. It's a lot better than some other romances that I've seen. This one had actual depth in my opinion. The whole thing with Kou and his past combined with the thing between himself and Yoshioka was very well done put together.

Opening and ending were brilliant. Sound in general was of good quality.

9/10.
Nov 5, 2014 5:34 AM
May 2012
Nice last episode to a nice Anime. I really enjoyed this~
There's that girl and boy again, huh. That means........SEASON 2 AW YIS BABY!! I am really hoping for it, and I think, they will do it!!
Their dad looks cool. That Sensei and Kominato rivalry. Murao looks happy now :)
I will wait for the OVAs, and I will definitely read the Manga someday, as usual. Thank you ^^
Ao Haru Ride = A blue spring to ride, huh.
Nov 9, 2014 5:03 AM

Dec 2010
This was a great finale, I think it couldn't have ended in a better way actually. Everything that had to be resolved in this first cour was pretty much dealt with and in a pretty much the best way at that. Kominato especially made the episode for me.

1. Characters. +1. I think the main cast was pretty much good, with Kominato being my favorite, followed by Futaba(not shipping them though, lol). Kou and Shuuko were nice characters as well. Yuuichi was a fun characters at time as well.
2. Atmosphere. +1. Good atmosphere for a highschool romance right there.
3. OST. +1. A nice soundtrack, with the Ending being especially good.
4. Animation. +1. I haven't read the manga, but I personally thing the anime did a pretty good job on it. The pastel pictures from the past were especially good.
5. Background story. Kou's problem with his mother was rather expected for a Shoujo MC with his style, and it didn't impress me much. Other than that, we barely got any background on whoever.
6. Storyline. +1. The story dealt prety well, gradually resolving the main problems that were set in the beginning of the story.
7. Ending. +1. As much of a perfect ending a 12-episode adaptaton could get.
8. Drama. It was not as impressing as I expected it to be(Kou's mentality turning out to be unstable being the main problem of the story), though Yoshioka's conflict in the beginnig got my attention.
9. Overall affect. +1. I liked it and I'd miss its episodes when I feel like watching them. It had a great atmosphere and I was rarely getting bored, as well as there was just a good bit of romance present, without ruling the storyline.
Overall score: 7/10. A pretty enjoyable story, I'd watch a 2nd season.
Nov 17, 2014 11:42 PM

Jan 2011
Not my favourite shoujo, but quite enjoyable.
Nov 18, 2014 10:10 PM

Jun 2010
Left me craving an S2 to be honest. I don't really have much to say, I enjoyed the story and the characters and it was a refreshingly cute series.

I'd give it an 8/10
Nov 23, 2014 11:25 PM

Sep 2010
Boring finale..

I really loved the manga, but for some reason it just didn't transfer well to an anime for me. Oh well, it was still a cute and easy watch. A second season with a kiss would be awesome.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» Season 2?

Roni1703 - Apr 3

27 by v4lerria_a »»
Apr 5, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2014

377 by Fenyy »»
Feb 23, 1:25 PM

» What do you think of the anime?

7ohan - Nov 11, 2023

24 by earthborn »»
Nov 15, 2023 7:30 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2014

156 by n0t_4dy »»
Oct 30, 2023 2:57 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2014

176 by cooldogmom »»
Sep 16, 2023 2:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.