Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 23, 2014 1:39 AM

Apr 2012
8/10

Not too bad of an ending considering the manga is still on going. Futaba finally cracking a bit of Kou's hard shell. The family dinner was a very sweet moment and probably the best scene of the episode. Just overall, great character development for Kou.

Made it look some what conclusive with that narrative at the end so I'm doubting it will ever get a season 2 but I would welcome one. Liked it much better than Kimi ni Todoke.. Not too shabby of a shoujo.
zzzeallySep 23, 2014 1:42 AM

Sep 23, 2014 2:51 AM

Jan 2011
Well since they started opening a couple of other plot developments with the challenge over Murao and the other love triangle obviously opening, as well as the brief appearance of a couple of other relatively important characters, I think they set it up well for a second season. This show had some absolutely wonderful moments, but I felt this episode was a little bit of an anti-climax after last week. I'm looking forward to another season sometime soon.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 23, 2014 3:00 AM

Jan 2008
Mladen said:

And 1000 times better if he wasn't even in it...

Duh, for sure. Kou might be the worst shoujo male lead I encountered. He even beats Yamato "I'll-have-sex-with-you-out-of-pity" and Haru "I-should-be-in-hospital-but-somehow-I'm-heroine's-love-interest". I know that there are gazillion high school romances that feature The Perfect Guy or The Perfect Guy With Terrible Personality, but seriously dear mangakas, this is not the originality you are looking for.
Futaba was passable in my opinion. Number of her good traits evened out the bad ones.

Mladen said:

I'd rather watch whole anime about Murao and Tanaka sensei instead.

Heavens know that I felt more "kyaaa" in that one minute with Murao, Tanaka and Kominato than I did during all those 12 episodes...

4/10 from me. Show about nothing, leads that didn't go anywhere but took precious time from more worthy characters, Kou was annoying, mediocre (sometimes outright QUALITY) graphics. Opening and the insert song were nice. Murao should be the main character.
Sep 23, 2014 3:07 AM

Sep 2008
I really wonder they plan to make second season?
There is no good part in manga where they could finish second season,
just like in first part, where chapter 14 was really good moment to finish series.

Now people are unhappy with ending, so what they will tell if anime will end up on cliffhanger?
Sep 23, 2014 3:32 AM

Feb 2012
It was perfect! 10/10.
I really hope that there will be season 2...
I can't wait to see the Live Action movie tho!
Sep 23, 2014 3:59 AM

Sep 2008
Mladen said:

If you prefer anime about romance between student and teacher,
then why you don't watch series with such couple as MC?

I don't really understand what some people expected?
From the start is easy to see that MC are Futaba and Kou,
and Yuuri, Shuuko, Aya and Youichi are just supporting characters.

Shuuko is barely seen on series promo picture... -.-
Youichi isn't even showed...
So even without reading story plot you know what you can expected.
So I don't get it.

Really, I don't know some people are stupid or something,
because is just like for example they finished watch basketball series and started complain that series would be better if was about volleyball... -.-
Sep 23, 2014 5:04 AM

Jan 2014
LittleStar said:
Mladen said:

If you prefer anime about romance between student and teacher,
then why you don't watch series with such couple as MC?

From the start is easy to see that MC are Futaba and Kou,
and Yuuri, Shuuko, Aya and Youichi are just supporting characters.
Calm down bro,i also agreed with that
Mladen said:
but it doesnt mean i didnt like the anime itself.And ofc everyone here kept watching knowing Kou and Futaba are the main characters
Sep 23, 2014 5:06 AM

May 2013
Kou must have forgiven his brother and his father. Their dinner was quite touching. Futaba and the others helping Kou in his studies. He performed quite well. Kou and Futaba's relationship has progressed if I do say so myself. The ending looked like something new was starting. Very good start with a very good finish. 8/10 Season two is highly required.
Sep 23, 2014 5:22 AM

Sep 2013
A really nice light-hearted romance shoujo. 7/10
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Sep 23, 2014 7:00 AM

Apr 2011
Loved how this show and the characters developed over it, im sensing vibes for a second season down the track. 9/10
Sep 23, 2014 7:13 AM

Oct 2008
Personally I would honestly pass on the second season,if there's gonna be one, if it means that its going to be similar to Kimi Ni Todoke S2 where all of a sudden they introduce a "third wheel " love interest character to get in between the 2 main characters ,that wastes a lot of screen time and completely derails the story and progress made up to that point.

And by what I heard from people reading the manga,that's exactly what happens....
Sep 23, 2014 7:14 AM

Apr 2013
The ending was a little disappointing, though i enjoyed watching this series every week; even though its the same as every other high school romance 7/10
Sep 23, 2014 7:30 AM

Jun 2014
really enjoyed this series B|
Sep 23, 2014 7:51 AM

May 2009
I don't wanna read the manga! I wish for the second season :D

This show was the best i watched this season for sure. i'll miss it a lot, the OP and ED too!
What i got from this show is that (good) things can happen to those who try to change. And you try your best for those you care about. To have courage is to live.

I love the main couple :D
8/10 for me.
Sep 23, 2014 11:37 AM

Feb 2014
LittleStar said:
I really wonder they plan to make second season?
There is no good part in manga where they could finish second season,
just like in first part, where chapter 14 was really good moment to finish series.

Now people are unhappy with ending, so what they will tell if anime will end up on cliffhanger?

That is a really good point. If it comes to a second season before any good endings in the manga, I'm thinking they will do an anime original ending. But yes, I'm agreeing with how you're thinking. It's good as it is now. Everyone might just have to read the manga, right?

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Sep 23, 2014 1:15 PM

Oct 2011
AHHHHHHH I need Season 2 T___T
Sep 23, 2014 1:33 PM

Aug 2011
Just got home from work and watched it. I wanted more from a final episode, but I can let it slide if we do get a season 2. I love that Kou's father was introduced.
Sep 23, 2014 2:17 PM

Jun 2008
It was a good show, really liked Kou and Futaba plus the music in this show was fantastic. 8/10
Sep 23, 2014 2:23 PM

Jan 2008
LittleStar said:

We expected more interesting leads. Murao was interesting. Kominato was interesting. Heck, Yuuri was interesting. But alas, the creators didn't think so, so we got 12 episodes circling around two characters that didn't really knew what they want (this one is subjective, I see that a lot of people liked it, good for them). Seriously, Murao's sub-plot was probably the only thing that kept me kinda interested in what was happening on the screen.
And before you go again with that promo-art argument - shoujo anime tend to give short sub-plots to supporting cast. You know, to spice up things? To not tire the audience with the same old stuff? So we naturally rooted for Murao and/or Kominato and/or sensei. Too bad it didn't happen.
Sep 23, 2014 2:23 PM

Jan 2013
I have been healed.

This show is tied for my favorite of this season with Free. Loved it from the beginning. The move and character change that followed with it made Kou a much more enjoyable protagonist. He's not like the other beta MCs we're used to seeing. He does what he wants and isn't a pushover while still being caring. The romance also developed well; it's easy to see why Futaba likes Kou. Their scenes were really sweet and heartwarming. The love triangle drama was expected considering the type of show but I'm glad they focused on the two main characters. The OST is absolutely wonderful and I can't wait till it comes out. I decided I would pick up the manga early on while watching but was waiting until the TV series ended to start. Now that it's over, on to the manga!

Shows like this are what keep me watching anime.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Sep 23, 2014 2:40 PM

Jun 2014
It was nice but sometimes the animation was sorta off. There's probably gonna be a second season because Futaba still hasn't apologized to Touma and some other stuff needs to happen vefore I can consider myself satisfied.

7.6/10
i aspire to be a professional pizza deliverer because no one is ever sad to see me
Sep 23, 2014 4:41 PM

Jan 2013
It ended how i'd think an adaptation of a still ongoing shoujo manga would end.
That stomach rumble ruining the drawn on almost love confession was annoyingly cliche.
7.5/10
Sep 23, 2014 4:46 PM

Mar 2012
Aw, I like the way they handled the ending. It turned out better than what I was expecting after seeing the story content they covered in episode 11. I was pretty much expecting no real romantic conclusion, so I was mostly just hoping for them to leave off with the friendship theme (which they did), but the way they executed the ending by re-emphasizing all the change and growth that Futaba has gone through in the past 12 episodes really did the trick for me. The ending was open-ended, but it was still executed with a sense of completeness, since they brought it around full circle back to Futaba's growth as a person and the development of her friendships.

I was surprised at some of the things that they showed from chapter 14 (since I was expected them to cut a lot of it). There have just been way too many things that were set up in the last two episodes (rather subtly, though they might just be more apparent to manga readers like me who know what happens later)... it almost gives me the feeling that there will be a season 2 based on what they've showed. But I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Anyways, overall, this was quite possibly my favorite anime adaptation of a shoujo manga I've seen to date. I generally find shoujo manga adaptations disappointing, but I was really happy with how AHR turned out. I'm still debating between a 7 or an 8 for this series, but it's definitely at least a strong 7 for me.
Sep 23, 2014 4:57 PM

Jun 2013
It was great to see Kou finally talk things out with his bro and dad.

8/10.
Sep 23, 2014 5:55 PM
Jan 2011
Mixed feeling about this show... the music is good and creates atmosphere, but more often than not character interaction between two mains become corny and extremely cliche. I feel ready to gag at certain scenes that was too fluff and 'sweet' such as the crying scene when all three Tanakas eat dinner - their parents divorced right? so where's all this crying and welcome back stuff coming from, divorced couples and children suffer much colder silences from their parents than this. Also the two main leads need to stop staring at each other so much and giving the 'cloth should be coming off any moment' signal. There's a limit to how 'fluff' shoujo can be before it becomes gross x_x This show can't seem to find a correct balance for how 16 year olds should act (I was 16 once and NO ONE 16 acts like they do in this anime). Overall my impression is a 7-8 of this anime, slow pacing and lack of action and corny moments between main leads.
Sep 23, 2014 6:46 PM

Mar 2014
The feels to this anime!! I love it so much. I am giving it a 10/10 but at the same time it would be a 9/10 due to how they end it.

I found so many funny parts and just watching the last episode of this anime, it makes me feel like I have no clue what I am going to do now. This anime has amaze me in so many ways and they should continue this anime with a 2nd season. I mean come on, it's obvious that another season should be involve, plus everyone would want to know who this Touma guy is.

My favorite part was the lovely Koutaba moments. That Koutaba moment in the beginning it made me spazz so much that I been having them mixed feelings again. :3 Too bad this anime has already ended yesterday. This is one of my favorite summer anime that I have watched.
Sep 23, 2014 7:33 PM

Oct 2011
I love it a lot, and I'm not sad because It will probably get a second season xD
This anime shows how the first part of the manga is good, and how much I miss it -_-
I would like to see more interactions with the secondary characters. even in the manga they don't have much attention
8/10
Sep 23, 2014 8:19 PM

Dec 2012
As cute as the scene at the riverbank was, my favorite had to be when Kou sat down for dinner. It only just introduced his father but I could feel the weight behind this moment of bonding as Kou was attempting to open that door to his family again.

Overall this turned out to be a splendid shoujo series. I love the fluffy and sugary sensation that comes with shows like this and Kimi ni Todoke. I wasn't expecting the romance to take shape before the end but the near confession being interrupted again just made me shout "What are you doing futaba's stomach! Not now! Not right now!" But I think rather than making the couple official, I care more about the growth between them which was tremendously satisfying on its own. My only gripe is that I wanted to see more Murao and what's going on with Kominato's interest in her.

I also enjoyed how, for the most part, this managed to exercise the standard shoujo cliches in an original and creative way. My favorite one had to be when Kou improvised on futaba's "happy memories" in front of the class.

Love the ost as well. I happily welcome more and hope this does well enough for it. 8.5/10
Sep 23, 2014 9:29 PM

Feb 2014
It was a peaceful ending, so all the loose ends need to just be left open because a second season is not going to be enjoyable! 7/10!
に触
祟ら
りぬ
な神

Sep 23, 2014 9:33 PM

Dec 2013
Great place to end this show.
There is hope for a second season the way they played with Touma... but like I said before, they'd have to cut a load of stuff to make it work.

This was the best place for the mange, imho, before everything went to hell.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 23, 2014 9:50 PM

Mar 2012
I tell you what, if they do make a second season, there are going to be a lot of angry people on here (coming from someone who has read the manga).

Personally speaking though, I think the manga/a second season takes a turn for the better as it explores complicated relationships that become even more complicated.

I truly hope we get a second season because I think the story and characters become much stronger in the later parts of the manga/now in the manga.
Sep 23, 2014 11:31 PM

Jul 2010
I don't expect instant gratification, but the confession has been dragged on for too long. I don't even care if there's a second season.
Sep 23, 2014 11:36 PM
Apr 2013
The last 2 episodes were the best of the series. I didn't really feel strongly about this show, but that changed by how well they executed episode 11 and 12, and the character development within. Solid show but not a must watch, 7/10. Certainly will be watching a second season if there is one, though. Glad I stuck with this.
Sep 24, 2014 1:01 AM

Jan 2014
Seem like a bit of a tease when Futaba made that subtle interaction with Touma(?)

Second season or not, I'm happy with how they closed this wonderful series

Sep 24, 2014 1:04 AM

Feb 2013
Great series, was enjoyable for start to finish.
Sep 24, 2014 4:51 AM
Jul 2018
Yeah the ending was very beautiful. Actually the whole series was amazing for me but I feel like they need a second season. The way they introduced Kikuchi asks for it in my opinion.
Sep 24, 2014 6:01 AM

May 2014
Nice series :3 But I was expecting a little more from the last episode..

Overall, I liked it. The characters were great. The story wasn't something special but it doesn't matter. I won't mind a 2nd season.
Sep 24, 2014 9:30 AM
Jun 2014
I was so happy the manga was made into an anime and it turned out nicely.
The only downfall for me was the flashbacks, but they were necessary for viewers who haven't read the manga so I can't really complain because it was all animated well.
I will be expecting a 2nd season. If they leave everything hanging just like that, omg I will not accept it like there hasn't even been a proper confession yet!!!
Sep 24, 2014 11:22 AM

Dec 2011
Dat embrace doe :3

Futaba's wish of seeing Kou's face right after he cried has been fulfilled XD.

Well that sure was bad timing from Futaba's stomach lol.

Ah, so that's how Kou's father looks like eh.

Dem feelings at the table doe T.T

It was nice seeing Kou embarrassed and finally motivated to pick up studying seriously once again.

Dat moment when you outscore the people that taught you XD.

That guy thought that Futaba was a perverted girl lol.

The capture of Kou the escapee was successful!

Ohooo, Kominato vs Tanaka-sensei!

NOW GIMME MY 2ND SEASON ALREADY!
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Sep 24, 2014 11:47 AM

Jul 2009
I fell in love with this anime, and I am in need of a second season for sure!!!
I like it how Kou was able to express himself and how cute he and Futaba are! It was nice to see Touma again!
And I feel that might have a chance for Murao! :D
While I wait I will read the manga *__* 9/10
Sep 24, 2014 12:53 PM

May 2007
8/10 for me was hoping on a better ending maybe only thing I disliked was the fact she finally got a friend and they fall in love for same guy.
great show anyhow hope there will be a 2nd season ^^
“If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win.”
Sep 24, 2014 2:33 PM

Apr 2013
Quite enjoyed it overall, didn't watch much shoujo yet, so I'm not annoyed by clichés of that genre (yet).

But in my opinion it's not finished at all, there must be a second season!
Sep 24, 2014 2:49 PM

Apr 2011
If there is no season 2, then there is no excuse for not actually having them get together at the end here.
Sep 24, 2014 5:02 PM

Dec 2013
This was a good episode. A nice touch and a nice ending for the transition to a season 2. Hopefully there'll be a season 2 to continue the romance. They didn't actually end up with one another but i'm pretty sure they will eventually. I think this anime appeals mostly to girls but as a guy watching it was decent but at times i felt kind of bad~ Overall I'll probably rate this episode a 8/10.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Sep 24, 2014 5:05 PM

Jan 2014
Not a bad ending but leaving much to be desired (pretty much for a season 2). The character relationship in the end was fine, dang Tanaka-Sensei being sentimental, it made the whole thing quite emotional, I did lol as his trolling in the end though.

Gonna miss this, it takes a different approach from other shojou's so imma give them that.
Sep 24, 2014 8:50 PM
Jul 2011
It didn't really feel like an ending, but I still enjoyed the show.

9/10 overall.
Sep 24, 2014 9:19 PM

Jul 2012
I'll leave my score at 8 with a chance of rewatching to fully evaluate it, at a critical standpoint. I'm pretty biased to the shoujo demographic especially when it has two of my favourite things - watercolour and stylish music.

It was an okay ending, but nothing really special. Episode 11 and a few other ones from the start really had me sold. It has its fair share of flaws, given, but the pros outweigh it. I'm also a fan of good execution and this show definitely had that down.

One thing I also liked was the fact that Futaba was a self conscious heroine who acknowledged her feelings for him and took action.

I'm not a fan of what will happen if this show gets a season 2 (manga readers, you know what I'm talking about) but I will warmly welcome a sequel if it ever gets one. SHOUJO IS LOVE, SHOUJO IS LIFE.
MayukaSep 24, 2014 9:23 PM
Sep 24, 2014 11:28 PM

Jun 2012
Kominato got owned at the end haha. Well, I enjoyed this way more than I expected, me not really fond of the shoujos. It seems this season brought some surprises, this one being one of them. I'll give this a 7, a good show in my opinion, and would watch if there was a second season.
Sep 25, 2014 12:25 AM
Jan 2014
MrsKotobuki said:
The last 2 episodes were the best of the series. I didn't really feel strongly about this show, but that changed by how well they executed episode 11 and 12, and the character development within. Solid show but not a must watch, 7/10. Certainly will be watching a second season if there is one, though. Glad I stuck with this.

I agree with this.

Overall, it's a nice series to watch. Waiting for a 2nd season and looking forward for an intense Shuuko x Youichi romance xD
Sep 25, 2014 6:51 AM
Mar 2008
I was afraid since the manga is shit, but the anime turned out to be quite good. I guess even the producers know that, hence why they adapted only so much.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Season 2?

Roni1703 - Apr 3

27 by v4lerria_a »»
Apr 5, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2014

377 by Fenyy »»
Feb 23, 1:25 PM

» What do you think of the anime?

7ohan - Nov 11, 2023

24 by earthborn »»
Nov 15, 2023 7:30 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2014

156 by n0t_4dy »»
Oct 30, 2023 2:57 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2014

176 by cooldogmom »»
Sep 16, 2023 2:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.