Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
Is Slaine Troyard a good character?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 22, 2014 5:08 AM
Dec 2010
The reason this vote is going so undecidedly is already evidence that Slaine is a well-made character
Sep 22, 2014 5:09 AM

Apr 2008
newnar said:
The reason this vote is going so undecidedly is already evidence that Slaine is a well-made character

No it's not. But feel free to tell yourself it is
Sep 22, 2014 5:13 AM
Nov 2008
For 11 episodes I thought Slaine>>Inaho, a good boy and extremely unlucky. But now I think this series is fricking stupid. And here I thought it couldn't get any worse...
Sep 22, 2014 6:02 AM

Jul 2008
I went for undecided just to hope that I'm right, was going to go for good :)
Sep 22, 2014 6:29 AM

Aug 2014
I wouldn't say he's that good of a character but he's still probably more human than most characters in this anime and miles better than Inaho, not that it's much of a compliment.

Probably why some of these weebs are so butthurt. They love their self insert 'badass' Gary Stus but when a character with more human aspects is portrayed it's 'worst character eva!!!'.
Sep 22, 2014 6:33 AM

Apr 2008
FIREF0X said:
I wouldn't say he's that good of a character but he's still probably more human than most characters in this anime and miles better than Inaho, not that it's much of a compliment.

Probably why some of these weebs are so butthurt. They love their self insert 'badass' Gary Stus but when a character with more human aspects is portrayed it's 'worst character eva!!!'.

The fact that you consider Slaine to fit your standards of human is concerning given his utter lack of competence and common sense.
Sep 22, 2014 6:38 AM

Oct 2012
Darklight0303 said:
FIREF0X said:

The fact that you consider Slaine to fit your standards of human is concerning given his utter lack of competence and common sense.
He's a god damn 15 year old kid who has been treated like less than dirt for a good portion of his life, do you think you would fair any better in his position?
Sep 22, 2014 6:39 AM

Apr 2008
Feaor said:
Darklight0303 said:

He's a god damn 15 year old kid who has been treated like less than dirt for a good portion of his life, do you think you would fair any better in his position?

You don't need to be a seasoned veteran to know that saving the one who will stop at nothing to kill your crush is a bad idea. He could have just walked away and continued his search for the princess.
Darklight0303Sep 22, 2014 6:44 AM
Sep 22, 2014 6:44 AM

Jun 2012
The Inaho fanboys are out in force again it seems. Your boy got owned, deal with it.
Sep 22, 2014 6:45 AM

Apr 2008
TheIMF said:
The Inaho fanboys are out in force again it seems. Your boy got owned, deal with it.

And your boy has lost all purpose to live for. Enjoy your husk of a character
Sep 22, 2014 6:45 AM

Oct 2012
Darklight0303 said:
Feaor said:

You don't need to be a seasoned veteran to know that saving the one who will stop at nothing to kill your crush is a bad idea.
As I and many other in this thread have been trying to hammer into people's heads that its pretty damn obvious that he is very conflicted as to where is loyalties lie, the only two Martians to every treat him as human are in conflict and while he wants to save the princess he sympathizes with Saazbaum and his objectives to destroy the Vers Empire. That's why he ended up saving Saazbaum, because he couldn't choose which side and it ended up costing him both people (if the Princess is actually dead that is), which he almost certainly knows.
Sep 22, 2014 6:50 AM

Apr 2008
Feaor said:
Darklight0303 said:

You don't need to be a seasoned veteran to know that saving the one who will stop at nothing to kill your crush is a bad idea.
As I and many other in this thread have been trying to hammer into people's heads that its pretty damn obvious that he is very conflicted as to where is loyalties lie, the only two Martians to every treat him as human are in conflict and while he wants to save the princess he sympathizes with Saazbaum and his objectives to destroy the Vers Empire. That's why he ended up saving Saazbaum, because he couldn't choose which side and it ended up costing him both people (if the Princess is actually dead that is), which he almost certainly knows.

It's not the same when the other Martian clearly stated he will kill her. You really don't get it do you. From the start Slaine's loyalty to the princess has been unwavering. Yet when faced with the one who OPENLY admits to being the one who plotted and still is plotting her assasination, he is actually swayed? THIS goes against his loyalty to the princess up to this point. There is no excuse for his decision no matter how much you lie to yourself that there is.

And his shock that Sazbaum actually killed her when he had the chance. That is even more proof that he was not thinking at all. Something he is guilty of throughout the entire bloody series. If that is what it means to be human we would all be falling and tripping to our deaths DAILY
Sep 22, 2014 11:45 PM

May 2012
TheIMF said:

Your boy's rping the corpse as we speak.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 23, 2014 1:10 PM

Oct 2013
Well Slaine is definitely the best written character in this series. His decisions were all realistic if you consider his thought process. While on the other side we have some Gary Stu Inaho who can be barely considered human.
I am a human.
Sep 23, 2014 1:15 PM

Apr 2008
AppoX said:
Well Slaine is definitely the best written character in this series. His decisions were all realistic if you consider his thought process. While on the other side we have some Gary Stu Inaho who can be barely considered human.

Saving Sazbaum is realistic?
Sep 23, 2014 1:21 PM

Mar 2011
AppoX said:

Humanity would have never left the stone age if real people acted like Slaine does.
Sep 23, 2014 1:24 PM

Apr 2008
Raziel1991 said:
AppoX said:

Humanity would have never left the stone age if real people acted like Slaine does.

Not even that. We would've died out. Falling off cliffs and walking off into lethal hazards every day.
Sep 23, 2014 1:34 PM

Aug 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Raziel1991 said:

Not even that. We would've died out. Falling off cliffs and walking off into lethal hazards every day.

Lol Darklight I don't know about responding to AppoX anymore after his hysteric rant on anime.
Sep 23, 2014 1:35 PM

Apr 2008
ErenxMikasa said:
Darklight0303 said:

Lol Darklight I don't know why you respond do AppoX anymore after his hysteric rant about all anime.

I responded to this before his pointless noise. But I've given up on his kind
Sep 23, 2014 1:46 PM

Nov 2013
He was a naive little kid up until the last episode.

He went full retard after that.

Well, one thing I have to tip my hat for the producers of A.Z for is that they managed to make the Slaine vs. Inaho wars more fun and intense than any waifu wars I've ever seen.

Seriously, Nisekoi's best girl wars don't hold a candle to this shit.
Sep 23, 2014 2:03 PM
Oct 2010
Slaine is so bad he stands out among the sea of awful characters in this show.
Sep 23, 2014 2:06 PM

Apr 2008
BotatoPriest said:

Well, one thing I have to tip my hat for the producers of A.Z for is that they managed to make the Slaine vs. Inaho wars more fun and intense than any waifu wars I've ever seen.

Maybe that was their plan all long XD
Sep 23, 2014 2:19 PM

Aug 2013
Slaine and the Count were probably the only relatable characters on that show. They are more realistic than most of the characters.

Slaine did make a mistake saving the Count but like normal people, he acted on impulses.
Sep 23, 2014 2:32 PM

Dec 2012
BotatoPriest said:

Make love not war, they stand strongest together -

Sep 23, 2014 2:35 PM

Apr 2008
Ratohnhaketon said:
BotatoPriest said:

I think I'm going to feel ill...
Sep 23, 2014 2:51 PM

Apr 2013
There's a part entitled : Slaine did not kill Inaho out of jealousy

Go read it

http://fantasticmemes.wordpress.com/2014/09/22/shipping-inaho-x-hime-x-slaine-aldnoah-zero/
Sep 23, 2014 3:03 PM

Oct 2012
BotatoPriest said:

Yea the salt over this episode is pretty unreal, didn't expect A.Z to be the shitstorm show of the season.
Sep 23, 2014 3:47 PM

Nov 2013
Ratohnhaketon said:
BotatoPriest said:

I prefer this version tbh:

Oct 11, 2014 12:07 PM

Jan 2012
Link_of_Hyrule said:
zum_bum said:
He's a retard. That's pretty much all I can say. He hasn't done anything right in the entire series. He f**s up literally everything.

Oh, look!! The guy who tried to kill Asseylum is losing in a fight! BETTER HELP HIM FAST!!!!

He isn't being loyal. He's just retarded as f**k. Should make up his decision instead of changing it every episode. One episode he's the good guy, the other he's the bad one. And the statement that he's human, because of what he does. Um....yeh....as if a human could endure so much torture without breaking. I'd tell them everything before they even started. Just kill me fast and painlessly, please.

TL;DR: Slaine is a retard who won't be missed if he dies(slowly and painfully).
He had no idea the princess was even on this ship, much less in any immediate danger. This comment is just totally incoherent.

Where did you see me mention a ship? Your comment is totally offtopic and doesn't make any sense. Before commenting on someone's post read it and think about it first instead of just writing random stuff.
Dec 4, 2014 2:19 AM

May 2014
Slaine is mai waifu. He will forever be my waifu. Even if he's the bad guy in the second season.

Dec 4, 2014 1:03 PM

Feb 2013
There's no logical reasoning behind their rivalry in the 1st place, they we're just being dicks to each other even though they're both obviously acting for the sake of the princess. With Inaho gunning down Slaine and leaving him stranded after Slaine proved himself to be an asset to their cause and all. And then he said this to someone who's never been very useful and tried to kill the princess twice (the 1st attempt contributing to the outbreak of the fucking war)

Then there's Slaine, who shoots Inaho in the face after trying his darndest to stop the guy who killed the princess from doing so because.....idk we need a sequel hook.

I don't like either of them, but between the guy who has all the personality of the eggs he craves and the complete fuckwit, I guess the latter was a better character for being less dull.
I guess the writers tried to capture the appeal of something like the Suzaku/Lelouche dynamic but did a lazy job of it
gedataDec 4, 2014 7:35 PM
Dec 4, 2014 3:30 PM

Jan 2014
Link_of_Hyrule said:
Slaine is complex, multifaceted, and above all: human. Unlike that piece of shit Inaho, the final episode established that Slaine makes mistakes and is not some predictable goody-two-shoes nor is he a gary stu.

If you put too much sugar in your coffee, you've made a mistake. If you drive through a red light AND refuse to pay the fine, you might be sent to prison. If you save the genocidal maniac who had you tortured, leading to the apparent death of the woman you love, then have a fit, shooting him several times, aiming poorly, and finally proceed to shoot the man that tries to save your woman,.. usually you're institutionalized.

Well, I guess that actually does make him human, but it has no place in an anime like this, even if it was only because there's other anime for that, and other anime that have done it better (e.g. Perfect Blue).

So, in summary: Slaine is bad, mkay?!
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Feb 9, 2015 10:40 AM

Jul 2009
gedata said:
There's no logical reasoning behind their rivalry in the 1st place, they we're just being dicks to each other even though they're both obviously acting for the sake of the princess. With Inaho gunning down Slaine and leaving him stranded after Slaine proved himself to be an asset to their cause and all. And then he said this to someone who's never been very useful and tried to kill the princess twice (the 1st attempt contributing to the outbreak of the fucking war)

Then there's Slaine, who shoots Inaho in the face after trying his darndest to stop the guy who killed the princess from doing so because.....idk we need a sequel hook.

I don't like either of them, but between the guy who has all the personality of the eggs he craves and the complete fuckwit, I guess the latter was a better character for being less dull.
I guess the writers tried to capture the appeal of something like the Suzaku/Lelouche dynamic but did a lazy job of it

Excellent point. I'm sure someone has already defended Inaho on this point, but to me this is a very sound argument.

Rayet actually tried to kill the princess (and is a martian) and Inaho trusts her enough to give her a weapon. Slaine is never shown to do anything to hurt the princess (in fact he helps defend the ship he knows she's on) and Inaho is so suspicious of him it ends up with him shooting him down (yes Slaine shot first...idiot. But why was Inaho so understanding of Rayet (attempted-murderer) and managed to talk her down, but then did NONE of this for Slaine?)

EDIT: ADDED RESPONSE

Laionidas said:
Link_of_Hyrule said:
Slaine is complex, multifaceted, and above all: human. Unlike that piece of shit Inaho, the final episode established that Slaine makes mistakes and is not some predictable goody-two-shoes nor is he a gary stu.

If you put too much sugar in your coffee, you've made a mistake. If you drive through a red light AND refuse to pay the fine, you might be sent to prison. If you save the genocidal maniac who had you tortured, leading to the apparent death of the woman you love, then have a fit, shooting him several times, aiming poorly, and finally proceed to shoot the man that tries to save your woman,.. usually you're institutionalized.

Well, I guess that actually does make him human, but it has no place in an anime like this, even if it was only because there's other anime for that, and other anime that have done it better (e.g. Perfect Blue).

So, in summary: Slaine is bad, mkay?!

"If you save the genocidal maniac who had you tortured"

um was it not Count Cruhteo that had Slaine tortured--not Sauzbaum? Sauzbaum actually saved him...

Also rather than having an agenda for seeing everything Slaine does as bad why can't you consider why he might do what he did? Technically killing Sauzbaum isn't smart. If he helps him, he can gain power to eventually do what ever it is he needs to do (like save the princess--WHICH IS WHAT HE DID).

And as seen from the latest episode, he never truly followed him, he was just buying is time to do away with him. It was smart. You act like he's a crazy confused kid who doesn't have rational reasons for his actions. Way to one-sided. Also I think its pretty clear that no one is 100% good or bad. Therefore despite the fact Sauzbaum cooked up this whole mess we know he had reasons for it, reasons he told Slaine, he wasn't completely horrible to Slaine so why are we acting like Slaine going along with him is some tragic evil?
InugirlzFeb 9, 2015 10:49 AM
Feb 9, 2015 4:21 PM
Jul 2014
Slaine is a good insane and obsessive villain.
Mar 8, 2015 3:18 AM

Apr 2010
Raziel1991 said:
AppoX said:

If Slaine is considered realistic than I have lost faith in humanity.
Never ignore a person who loves you, cares for you, and misses you. Because one day, you might wake up from your sleep and realize that you lost the moon while counting the stars.
Mar 11, 2015 3:59 AM
Mar 2012
Sapphirebreeze said:

If Slaine is considered realistic than I have lost faith in humanity.

Slaine is a joke character.
Mar 30, 2015 4:53 PM

Jan 2013
I think it's pretty cool how opinions on Slaine are almost evenly divided.

I chose undecided/no strong opinion. I think people forget that a "good/bad character" is not based on the character's actions, thoughts, personality, and so forth, but rather on the depiction and development of the character.

Slaine had a lot more depth than some of the others. The Versians in general had way more motivation and development than any of the Terrans. Now that I think about it, the reason for this is that the Versians have harbored jealousy and hatred towards Earth and their own rulers, those with the Aldnoah activation factor, whereas Terrans are just responding to the attacks to protect themselves.

Think about the Terrans we follow.

Inaho has no reason to fight besides the fact that it's war, as he says a few times. Later, he starts to feel obligated, as he's the only one who's capable of defeating the Versians especially with his new eye, but it's still just because he should. The only time we see any hint of true motivation and emotion from him isn't actually from him--it's the program from his eye taking over and speaking for him, telling Princess Asseylum how he thinks of her as a part of him. If this had been developed more, it would've been a great aspect to add to Inaho's character, but his stoicism throughout the series is what hinders that from happening.

His sister Yuki wants to protect Inaho but the scenes that show this are weak. She, like many Terrans, fights because she has to.

Inko, Calm, Nina, and basically all of the crew have no reason to fight except that they have to.

Marito has some substance to him but it felt underdeveloped somehow. It felt less important than it should've, which probably could've been fixed by giving him more screen time or a more important role. Same goes for Magbaredge.

Now the Versians.

Somewhere in the middle lie Rayet and Slaine.

First, Rayet. Something about her characterization felt off, but we were clearly given reasons for her actions, shown exactly what happened to make her this way, and watched her go through different emotions while trying to figure things out. Maybe it's because the scenes with Inaho were forced, with her decrepitating herself and him saying she's wrong over and over. Rayet was a much better character without those scenes but rather as a fighter and someone with conviction.

Other Versians such as the Orbital Knights all have their reasons. We see a strong conflict even within Vers and the Orbital Knights which makes them far more interesting than anything going on on Earth. (The UE was flat, boring, and basically all of the fighting was done by the Deucalion and the Inaho crew.) Each Count we were introduced to was distinguished from the others by some aspect of their personality or intentions. Cruhteo, Saazbaum, and Mazuurek were good examples of good characterization. We saw them with their solid convictions and how they were able to change based on situations. Cruhteo's son also exemplified this later on.

Lemrina was rather one-dimensional but she did more and was more complex than the Terrans. She kept talking about her hatred for her blood, how she was a substitute, and as Slaine observed, what she wanted most of all was a safe place to call home. She was a pawn and yet she still took action on her own accord with meeting Counts and discovering the truth about Asseylum herself.

Princess Asseylum was... somewhat flat. We knew she wanted peace between Earth and Vers because she grew enamored with the world Slaine painted. We knew she was kind and wanted to save everyone. That was essentially all there was to her. She proved that she's capable of handling power, as well, but it didn't occur enough to make a big impact. She was rather naive the whole time.

I was just about to talk about Slaine when I remembered, Harklight! It surprised me how much I ended up enjoying his character. At first, he was just a loyal servant, but he changed very subtly. He was revealed to be low-born which created a connection between him and Slaine. He grew more confident, began to take on more important and serious tasks, was trusted with a lot of things, stayed by Slaine's side to the very end. I didn't expect him to turn around at the end of the 2nd season! I loved it. It showed his devotion to Slaine more than anything.

Now, Slaine is not a "bad character." He is a Terran who gains an enormous amount of power in Vers. He began innocent, discriminated, but completely in love with and loyal to Princess Asseylum. He went to Earth on his own to search for her and after finding out she was still alive, he let nothing spill during his torture by Cruhteo. Things start getting warped for him after Count Saazbaum "saves" him and reveals, quite plainly, everything he'd done to Princess Asselyum and his intentions. What is Slaine to do with all this information? Surprisingly, at least to me, he goes along with it. His reasoning confused me for a long time, but looking back on it, he had probably thought far ahead and decided to use Saazbaum to get to Asseylum. This is the first hint of his ambition, quick thinking, and strong convictions.

When Saazbaum shot Asseylum, he freaked and nearly killed the Count. Unterstandable--the just murdered his beloved princess he'd gone all this way to protect. I assume he thought he'd get to Asseylum before Saazbaum could kill her. He couldn't save Asseylum and then there was his enemy of sorts, Inaho, crawling towards her. With everything he'd gone through for her, he snapped and shot Inaho. It was probably an effect of the dire situation, jealousy, and the fact that he'd just shot Saazbaum several times, anyway.

After all this, Slaine is alone. Just like Lemrina, he doesn't have a home, but Saazbaum treated him differently than the others. I can't explain why he wouldn't kill Saazbaum after he shot Asseylum. He just had a mental breakdown. But as we see later, he's way smarter and more conniving than expected. He asked Saazbaum to save Asseylum, and once they were on the Moonbase and she was being taken care of, he began a (misguided) attempt at gaining power to create the world the Asseylum desired. He lost himself during this, forgetting that Asseylum wanted peace between Terrans and Versians, not just the planet Earth to be theirs. He was probably able to justify everything by saying it was for Asseylum even though his own hatred for both planets blinded him.

When he surrendered at the end, it was because of his princess. I'm not sure how true it was that they couldn't win anymore. From the Terran perspective, it seemed like many Orbital Knights and their forces were still fighting even after Asseylum's announcement, simply because they wanted this war. But Slaine seemed to finally let go of his thirst for power because, after all, it was for Princess Asseylum the whole time, and she was asking for Slaine to stop. So he did. His fight with Inaho was simply a "last battle," something overdue and necessary because they were rivals in some sense of the word.

Inaho saves Slaine and we get to see him afterwards, locked up. I thought he'd lost his emotions during his reign, but when Inaho speaks of Asseylum, he shows his true feelings. It's most likely only possible because he was broken down and lost the war he fought so hard for her.

Anyway, Slaine wasn't a bad character. He was misguided and probably unlikeable to viewers because they couldn't understand his actions. They seemed senseless and wrong and it's misinterpreted as him being a "bad character." When people say he's more realistic and human, I think they mean he's flawed, which we associate with realism and being human. It doesn't necessarily mean his actions were right or followed common sense, as some people have pointed out.

I do think he could've been handled better. Making everything clearer definitely would've helped but we were kept in the dark about Slaine's real thoughts and left to assume. Complexity doesn't automatically make a "good character" if it's not handled the best which is why I voted undecided/no strong opinion.

I wrote way too much, but I keep reading comments about Slaine that examine his actions and personality rather than him as a character not a person. Of course, I could be wrong about a lot, since the writers didn't exactly tell us what was going on.

I just wish they'd created as good of an Earth as they did Vers.

Edit: I used the same words too many times...
moaruMar 30, 2015 5:08 PM
Sep 7, 2015 10:27 AM
Sep 2015
I can say he is the best character in this series,,
i like the story of him,not flat and make me curious what he will become

for season 1,,Slaine did not do much why? on vers side he just a servant and on terran side he's an enemy...now that what can he do? he have no friends and power that time
i dont think all of his decision were mistakes,,dont be haters lmao
for haters,,without slaine Inaho is nothing but corpse its the fact slaine help Inaho to kill that bitch and why the heck Inaho shot slaine down?
And for the ending,its normal for me that Slaine shot Inaho coz he sad and mad at the same time that his Princess got shot because of protect Inaho,he blame Inaho for that...

i see many ppl here love that Inahogesus,,he is the perfect character in this anime..different from slaine..Inaho have all power and friends of course that damn Analytical Engine too OP
im kinda boring watching Inaho fighting vers,,i already know the result he can win easily,,so what the point on watching that fight? haha

then again Slaine can beat Inaho on season 2 if only Slaine helped Saazbaum but he didn't because he can't forgive saazbaum for shot Asseylum

so whats the bad from him? coz he's too weak? can't do anything? or what?
all your hatred toward make no senses,,i read all the comment and saw 1 idiot person keep saying retard wth..idk why but poor you that only see GOOD chara from it PERFECTNESS

the point is i like Slaine more than Inaho,,he is good character..his plot,story,design,skill all well made and not over like Inaho that made the story bore
for Inaho i dont hate him but he's too perfect i can say its over perfect
all good on him and bad on Slaine not fair at all
Sep 24, 2015 9:17 AM

Feb 2010
He is emo and exaggerating, that's all
oh .. and stupid.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Sep 24, 2015 9:26 AM

Sep 2015
Well Slained(intended) is an overreacting, obnoxious maniac that just wants world domination
Stoic inaho beats him any day

Lies are full
of endless possibilies.
Jan 3, 2016 4:30 AM
Jan 2016
Botato said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

I prefer this version tbh:

hhahhahah you made me laugh i prefer that version to. However i like how Slaine grows though out the series but they really fuck up the ending for me. I actually still cant bring myself to hate the guy, i really couldn't have cared less if Inaho died he really annoyed me ahaha don't ask me why (i'm gonna get a lot of hate for this comment) but he just did.

My favorite character was Slaine without him this anime would have been to boring for me and i never would have watched it so i must say even though what he did was fucked up i still think he is a good character.
Feb 29, 2016 3:15 AM
Dec 2015
j0x said:
his error killed 2 main characters in just like 1 minute lol

FYI slaine did not kill that bitch princess ASSylum!
Apr 16, 2016 7:39 AM
Jul 2014
alchem1485 said:
Link_of_Hyrule said:
I would argue that Slaine is a very, very well written character. Say what you want about Aldnoah.Zero's other characters and plot, but to me, Slaine is complex, multifaceted, and above all: human. Unlike that piece of shit Inaho, the final episode established that Slaine makes mistakes and is not some predictable goody-two-shoes nor is he a gary stu. His fleshed out personality and motivations add to this intruige. He and his interactions with the other characters have singlehandedly made an otherwise forgettable cast of a memorable one.

I stand firmly in the camp of Team Slaine.

Hoo, saved the one that want kill his precious make him a good character? Really!???
Slaine is the worst characterisation in the series, keep stick together with culprit of this stupid war and even saved him and then realise he kill your precious? He, actually must flee from war when he release by saazbaum, and try to save Seylum. But he don't. Good

How was he supposed to know that the count would shoot the princess?
Apr 23, 2016 8:45 AM
Apr 2016
I don't think he is particulary good or bad. He just did was he believed was right ad for the better. In spite of this fact, I personally don't find captivating your loved one without asking her wishes an appropriate. The same goes for the world's fate. Slaine is driven by his personal feelings and emotions more than by anything else which makes him different from Asseylum or Inaho looking from this side.
Dec 20, 2016 1:36 PM
Nov 2016
I just started watching Aldnoah Zero so IDK yet but he seem BADASS thought
Dec 25, 2018 12:09 AM
Dec 2018
Zum said:
He's a retard. That's pretty much all I can say. He hasn't done anything right in the entire series. He f**s up literally everything.

Oh, look!! The guy who tried to kill Asseylum is losing in a fight! BETTER HELP HIM FAST!!!!

He isn't being loyal. He's just retarded as f**k. Should make up his decision instead of changing it every episode. One episode he's the good guy, the other he's the bad one. And the statement that he's human, because of what he does. Um....yeh....as if a human could endure so much torture without breaking. I'd tell them everything before they even started. Just kill me fast and painlessly, please.

TL;DR: Slaine is a retard who won't be missed if he dies(slowly and painfully).

I disagree completely. Making up decisions instead of changing them every episode? I agree that's his major fault, and he acted as a douchebag that moment, but remember he was JUST 16. He was going through adolescence, a stage where you need to decide your personality. He had gone through alot as a ''child'', discrimination from the Martians, torture, etc. Of course he couldn't make a decision because his mind was filled with a complete mixture of emotions at that time. It's difficult for any person alive to think clearly when you're not sure of what you're feeling at that moment. Too bad that he doesn't die, right? ...:T
(It's just my opinion tho, sorry if I sound rude while voicing them out :v)
Dec 25, 2018 12:13 AM
Dec 2018
Darklight0303 said:
mrmuk said:

I agree. Inaho is just one of these 'too perfect' characters which appear too often in animes (and are over-hyped like hell), while Slaine is very human in comparison. He makes lots of mistakes, but he got his strong emotions which make him even capable of enduring a long torture. Most people who hate him would probably do much worse in his role.

Still, we shouldn't forget that a second season is still coming. Let's see how Slaine does there.

Makes lots of mistakes. Mistakes is ALL he makes

Everybody makes mistakes tho. Tell me a person who hasn't EVER made a mistake and I'll agree. :T.
Dec 25, 2018 12:13 AM
Dec 2018
Link_of_Hyrule said:
I would argue that Slaine is a very, very well written character. Say what you want about Aldnoah.Zero's other characters and plot, but to me, Slaine is complex, multifaceted, and above all: human. Unlike that piece of shit Inaho, the final episode established that Slaine makes mistakes and is not some predictable goody-two-shoes nor is he a gary stu. His fleshed out personality and motivations add to this intruige. He and his interactions with the other characters have singlehandedly made an otherwise forgettable cast a memorable one.

I stand firmly in the camp of Team Slaine.

I totally agree with you.
Dec 25, 2018 12:53 AM
Dec 2018
Tbh, I'm literally dead on my feet when it comes to THIS specific topic in the A/Z Fandom.
For me, Slaine is a pretty well developed character. The fact that he changed from ''hero'' to ''villain'' shows us that he's a good character. The fact that he waged a second war immediately after another shows his capacity.
Yes, his last decision was utterly stupid, which did lead to his downfall. However, it proved he was the most human character in the whole series. Inaho, to me, seemed like a completely ''perfect'' character, and that's why I have a genuine dislike for him. It's fine if he's emotionless and intelligent or fucking autistic. Infact I could probably say he's as well-written as Slaine. ''Mistakes is ALL Slaine makes.'' Yes, he made mistakes, yes, he's human. What about Inaho? Where has this guy made a mistake? If I remember correctly, Inaho didn't really make a mistake at any point. This makes him seem like a ''Gary Stu.'' But that can be proved wrong too.
All I'd say is that Slaine's decisions might not be as amazing or brilliant as Inaho's, he may not be as intellectual and quick thinking as Orange, but he's a guy who's gone through torture,had his mind ravaged by wrong ideals of the Martians, and discrimination against him ever since he was a child, but still managing to do something big although making a blunder and then falling. Something Inaho hasn't experienced. That's it. That is why Slaine a precious cinnamon roll too pure for this world, atleast in my eyes.
I'll let the arguments about this commence now :T.
Jun 13, 2019 3:03 AM
Sep 2018
for ppl who said slaine is good chara because they think slain is so "human" and blablabla,just to remind u why slaine is a bad character because how they write and the anime execution,his chara concept is good,but its just the concept,and what make him bad is because how RETARDED his character is,i mean,slaine is a very LUCKY character in this series,even more LUCKY THAN INAHO.
wow?? how come slaine more lucky than inaho?,think about it
1.slaine find out his beloved princess get killed by traitor then try to find the truth where the real princess,then find out she is fine,what he gonna do after that? ofc he gonna do some STUPID shit.
2.after all shit happened,saazbaum save him because he is in debt to slaine father,and even set him free,GIVE HIM CHOICE,AND A FUCKN OP MECHA THARSIS,not lucky huh? guess what? he make the wrong choice.
3.slaine knew what princess goal,what happen to her,her condition,GUESS WHAT? OFC HE GONNA CHOOSE THE FUCKN WRONG CHOICE AGAIN.
4.princess wake up and waking him up from his "dream" and GUESS WHAT? HES FUCKN UP AGAIN.
5.now this time inaho give him ANOTHER CHANCE BECAUSE OF PRINCESS,im sure,if this series isnt end,u know what he gonna do right? LMAO so fuckn retarded,and ppl called him a well written "human" character.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.