Available on Manga Store
New
Is Slaine the worst character of 2014?
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 21, 2014 6:13 AM

May 2013
ninjastarforcex said:
kokkoderrisch said:

What are you even talking about? What does the consequences of his actions have to do with how well written he is? You're just taking your subjective opinion and propagating it as fact.

i think everyone is bad written.
who the fuck is the scriptwriter anyway

I think everyone is badly written too, except Slaine, he's halfway decently written.
Sep 21, 2014 6:14 AM

May 2014
Darklight0303 said:
kokkoderrisch said:

As you said, he couldn't have known that the princess was there, and he was still on the Martian's side. He was in the middle of a battle, there's no wa he could have just relaxed and thought it all through. He also didn't have a very good relationship with Orange either, who could be a bigger threat than Sazbaum. What if they killed the princess when they had no more use of her?

Bigger threat than the one who commands the whole castle and can manipulate even the emperor?

Don't forget he told Slaine a few moments ago he will definitely kill the princess,I thought he would give Saz,the finishing blow,but....he forgot his brain and attacked Inaho instead,which led to Saz killing the princess like he told Slaine a few moments ago.
Sep 21, 2014 6:15 AM

May 2013
Darklight0303 said:
kokkoderrisch said:

As you said, he couldn't have known that the princess was there, and he was still on the Martian's side. He was in the middle of a battle, there's no wa he could have just relaxed and thought it all through. He also didn't have a very good relationship with Orange either, who could be a bigger threat than Sazbaum. What if they killed the princess when they had no more use of her?

Bigger threat than the one who commands the whole castle and can manipulate even the emperor?

He didn't even know if the Princess was in the castle.
Sep 21, 2014 6:16 AM
Jun 2013
I still don't get how people think Slaine didn't know the princess was there. He was presumably running around to find the princess. He saw the ship he knew she was powering flying around. Saazbaum chose to land there, and Saaz was after the princess. Heck, he might have even overheard her transmission, which in turn would have confirmed it even more.

But, you know? Even if had no idea she was there, he chose to save the guy who said he wanted to kill her. If Slaine had been weighing the pros and cons of both sides from the beginning, or if he'd been shown having some true sympathy for Saaz' cause, I guess I could grudgingly accept that choice. But he went from always instantly doing everything he could to help her (shooting Trillram with practically no questions asked, trying to contact the emperor, seeking her on earth) to instantly doing the EXACT opposite. It came off really weird and unexplained and frankly made me groan. He worked tirelessly to take out every threat to the princess... except the one that actually MATTERED.

I also agree with whoever posted that him simply running to keep finding the princess--ignoring the Inaho / Saaz fight entirely--would have felt more in character.

Overall I'm disappointed with the choices the writers made, not just in this episode, but in general. Took some really beautiful animation and a GORGEOUS soundtrack and slapped it on to a guy who was too perfect strategically and too bland emotionally and another guy who is now confirmed to have spent the whole anime running around for nothing. Both could have been great, but now I'm just left with apathy for Inaho and a regretful sigh regarding Slaine... OTL
Sep 21, 2014 6:18 AM
Aug 2012
darkreaperix said:
Darklight0303 said:

Don't forget he told Slaine a few moments ago he will definitely kill the princess,I thought he would give Saz,the finishing blow,but....he forgot his brain and attacked Inaho instead,which led to Saz killing the princess like he told Slaine a few moments ago.

It's still funny how Slaine fanboys still come up with walls of post in support of him even with the facts straight in front of them..........no wonder they are Slaine fanboys. They forgot their brain just like Slaine.

My impression on Slaine went from like to disgust and extreme hate after this episode.

Sep 21, 2014 6:19 AM

Apr 2008
kokkoderrisch said:
Darklight0303 said:

He didn't even know if the Princess was in the castle.

That doesn't matter. Sazbaum would still come after him. He would tear up all of earth to find them and he has the manpower and control to do it. There was NO good reason to save Sazbaum. NONE
Sep 21, 2014 6:19 AM

Jun 2012
That accolade easily goes to Inaho, the single worst protagonist in the recent times that manages to suck out all the tension out of everything. He's just lame as all, and Inaho fans are just salty af their stoic asshat got popped in the face.

Never mind the fact that Inaho left Slaine for dead after he saved their collective asses right? Never mind the fact that two episodes later Inaho spouts some brilliant "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" BS against Rayet, who tried to murder the princess, even though he didn't seem to think of this brilliant logic when Slaine had saved them all. Also never mind the fact that if Inaho hadn't shot down Slaine and left him for dead, he would've never been tortured and he would've never ended up in Saazbaum's custody and the attack on the Terran HQ would've never happened the way it did.

Inaho is the catalyst of calamity in this show, not Slaine.
Sep 21, 2014 6:22 AM

Apr 2008
TheIMF said:
That accolade easily goes to Inaho, the single worst protagonist in the recent times that manages to suck out all the tension out of everything. He's just lame as all, and Inaho fans are just salty af their stoic asshat got popped in the face.

Never mind the fact that Inaho left Slaine for dead after he saved their collective asses right? Never mind the fact that two episodes later Inaho spouts some brilliant "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" BS against Rayet, who tried to murder the princess, even though he didn't seem to think of this brilliant logic when Slaine had saved them all. Also never mind the fact that if Inaho hadn't shot down Slaine and left him for dead, he would've never been tortured and he would've never ended up in Saazbaum's custody and the attack on the Terran HQ would've never happened the way it did.

Typical example of Slaine fanboy
Sep 21, 2014 6:23 AM

Jul 2012
I don't really think so, and I like Slaine more than Inaho.
Sep 21, 2014 6:23 AM
Aug 2012
TheIMF said:

So let me get this straight, Slaine shot Inaho because he saved his princess several times and saved Sazaabum who was hell bent on killing the princess BECAUSE Inaho sent him for a little swim instead of shooting his cockpit when Slaine was the one who shot first?

Nice try fanboy, come back again in 10 years.

Sep 21, 2014 6:24 AM

Apr 2008
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
TheIMF said:

So let me get this straight, Slaine shot Inaho because he saved his princess several times and saved Sazaabum who was hell bent on killing the princess BECAUSE Inaho sent him for a little swim instead of shooting his cockpit when Slaine was the one who shot first?

Couldn't agree more
Sep 21, 2014 6:30 AM

Mar 2012
Fireflydrake said:
I still don't get how people think Slaine didn't know the princess was there. He was presumably running around to find the princess. He saw the ship he knew she was powering flying around. Saazbaum chose to land there, and Saaz was after the princess. Heck, he might have even overheard her transmission, which in turn would have confirmed it even more.

But, you know? Even if had no idea she was there, he chose to save the guy who said he wanted to kill her. If Slaine had been weighing the pros and cons of both sides from the beginning, or if he'd been shown having some true sympathy for Saaz' cause, I guess I could grudgingly accept that choice. But he went from always instantly doing everything he could to help her (shooting Trillram with practically no questions asked, trying to contact the emperor, seeking her on earth) to instantly doing the EXACT opposite. It came off really weird and unexplained and frankly made me groan. He worked tirelessly to take out every threat to the princess... except the one that actually MATTERED.

I also agree with whoever posted that him simply running to keep finding the princess--ignoring the Inaho / Saaz fight entirely--would have felt more in character.

Overall I'm disappointed with the choices the writers made, not just in this episode, but in general. Took some really beautiful animation and a GORGEOUS soundtrack and slapped it on to a guy who was too perfect strategically and too bland emotionally and another guy who is now confirmed to have spent the whole anime running around for nothing. Both could have been great, but now I'm just left with apathy for Inaho and a regretful sigh regarding Slaine... OTL
1. No, he didn't know the princess was there and wasn't searching for her at the time. He was just trying to survive a Terran invasion on the fortress. 2. He was operating on emotion and chose to help his Vers ally against his enemy Orange. 3. Yes, Slaine is an idiot who didn't stop to think that Saazbaum really would kill Asseylum had she shown up. 4.He wasn't going to ignore the fight because he already hates "orange" and acting on emotions and making split second decision is not thinking with your brain. 5. This scenario forced Slaine to grow the F up or at least grow a brain by watching the worst case scenario fold out in front of him. 6. I personally still don't think he''s hard to understand because his actions have remained consistent with his personality and conflicted loyalty.

Seems everybody hates Slaine because his decision (clear to the viewers) was extremely stupid but again, Slaine didn't know the consequences of his actions because he didn't know the princess would be there.Classic Coulda Shoulda Woulda case where tragedy happened.
Sep 21, 2014 6:31 AM

Apr 2008
MetaKite said:
Fireflydrake said:

1. No, he didn't know the princess was there and wasn't searching for ehr at the time. He was just trying to survive a Terran invasion on the fortress. 2. He was operating on emotion and chose to help his Vers ally against his enemy Orange. 3. Yes, Slaine is an idiot who didn't stop to think that Saazbaum really would kill Asseylum had she shown up. 4.He wasn't going to ignore the fight because he already hates "orange" and acting on emotions and making split second decision is not thinking with your brain. 5. This scenario forced Slaine to grow the F up or at least grow a brain by watching the worst case scenario fold out in front of him. 6. I personally still don't think he''s hard to understand because his actions have remained consistent with his personalit and conflicted loyalty.

Seems everybody hates Slaine because his decision (clear to the viewers) was extremely stupid but again, Slaine didn't know the consequences of his actions because he didn't know the princess would be there.Classic Coulda Shoulda Woulda case where tragedy happened.

Except he knew the princess was ON THE SHIP. The same ship that crashed into the castle! Where else would the princess fuckin be?
Sep 21, 2014 6:32 AM

Jan 2014
Yes, his actions in the final episode made me facepalm more than any character before him. How can that idiot seriously rescue Saazbaum despite knowing his intention of killing the princess and that she's somewhere on the castle? No reason to threaten Inaho after she was shot, either, as he was the indirect reason she died and nobody else. Might better have shot a bullet right through his own nonexistent brain.
Sep 21, 2014 6:34 AM

Jun 2012
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Slaine shot Inaho because Inaho prevented him from getting to Asseylum and shot him down. Slaine had not idea Asseylum was nearby, let alone in danger, so when he saw Orange, someone he knew to be his enemy, fight Saazbaum, someone who, while not on the same page had still given him his freedom, it's understandable he tried to take out the douchebag that betrayed him.

Inaho didn't just send Slaine for a swim. He shot him down and left him behind. If he hadn't done that, then Slaine wouldn't have been tortured and put up in Saazbaum's castle.

I may prefer Slaine over Inaho by a country mile, but a fanboy wouldn't accept that Slaine isn't at least partly responsible for Asseylum's apparent death. Only a fanboy like you would ignore all the other factors that led up to that tragedy and deny that Slaine, Saazbaum and Inaho all share the blame.
Sep 21, 2014 6:34 AM
Aug 2012
Darklight0303 said:
MetaKite said:
1. No, he didn't know the princess was there and wasn't searching for ehr at the time. He was just trying to survive a Terran invasion on the fortress. 2. He was operating on emotion and chose to help his Vers ally against his enemy Orange. 3. Yes, Slaine is an idiot who didn't stop to think that Saazbaum really would kill Asseylum had she shown up. 4.He wasn't going to ignore the fight because he already hates "orange" and acting on emotions and making split second decision is not thinking with your brain. 5. This scenario forced Slaine to grow the F up or at least grow a brain by watching the worst case scenario fold out in front of him. 6. I personally still don't think he''s hard to understand because his actions have remained consistent with his personalit and conflicted loyalty.

Except he knew the princess was ON THE SHIP. The same ship that crashed into the castle! Where else would the princess fuckin be?

Add to that Saazbaum was one told him that he will kill the Princess and Slaine still saved him? He didn't knew the what the consequences of that will be right?

Where did he leave his brain when he left the castle anyway? Slaine fanboys, any idea?

Sep 21, 2014 6:35 AM
Jul 2014
This thread makes no sense.
2014 is not over yet.
From this season alone and taking only MCs into consideration, Akame is far worse at the moment.

Mar 2012
Darklight0303 said:
MetaKite said:

Was HE ON SAID ship? No. He was on foot running around like a headless chicken on Saazbuam's fortress while Vers soldiers protected him (something simple in battle which he still couldn't understand). He happen to stumble upon Saazbuam vs Inaho and made the stupid choice.

Jan 2014
TheIMF said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Slaine shot Inaho because Inaho prevented him from getting to Asseylum and shot him down. Slaine had not idea Asseylum was nearby, let alone in danger, so when he saw Orange, someone he knew to be his enemy, fight Saazbaum, someone who, while not on the same page had still given him his freedom, it's understandable he tried to take out the douchebag that betrayed him..

He assumed she was somewhere around. That was the sole reason he went back to the castle.
Sep 21, 2014 6:37 AM

Apr 2008
BeatzMe said:
Yes, his actions in the final episode made me facepalm more than any character before him. How can that idiot seriously rescue Saazbaum despite knowing his intention of killing the princess and that she's somewhere on the castle? No reason to threaten Inaho after she was shot, either, as he was the indirect reason she died and nobody else. Might better have shot a bullet right through his own nonexistent brain.

Pretty much this. Especially after the princess showed that she was so worried about Inaho's wellbeing that she rushed to him the moment she could approach. That is what set off Slaine. JEALOUSY that someone else was getting the Princess' favor. That whole line about "DON'T TOUCH THE PRINCESS' THAT REEKED of arrogance and madness and hypocrisy. He was like episode 1 Cruhteo. HE is the one who had no right to touch the princess at that point
Sep 21, 2014 6:37 AM

Jun 2012
And the castle is ridiculously big.
Sep 21, 2014 6:38 AM

Apr 2008
TheIMF said:

You really don't get it do you? IT DOESN'T MATTER. Saving Sazbaum guarantees that either sooner or later the Princess will die. THAT is what makes his choice retarded and contradicting his own character.
Sep 21, 2014 6:39 AM
Aug 2012
TheIMF said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Slaine shot Inaho because Inaho prevented him from getting to Asseylum and shot him down. Slaine had not idea Asseylum was nearby, let alone in danger, so when he saw Orange, someone he knew to be his enemy, fight Saazbaum, someone who, while not on the same page had still given him his freedom, it's understandable he tried to take out the douchebag that betrayed him.

Inaho didn't just send Slaine for a swim. He shot him down and left him behind. If he hadn't done that, then Slaine wouldn't have been tortured and put up in Saazbaum's castle.

I may prefer Slaine over Inaho by a country mile, but a fanboy wouldn't accept that Slaine isn't at least partly responsible for Asseylum's apparent death. Only a fanboy like you would ignore all the other factors that led up to that tragedy and deny that Slaine, Saazbaum and Inaho all share the blame.

Like i said, they forgot their brain just like Slaine.

- Slaine demanded that they take him to the princess without answering simple questions.

- Inaho was the one saving the Princess all these time.

- Saazbaum declared he will kill the Princess no matter what......(still let's save the doucebag and kill the guy who saved my beloved princess all these time and still get her killed in the process)

- Inaho could have killed him if he wanted, he is much more accurate then Slaine anyway............but he didn't and left him for a swim. Who shot first my friend............rewatch the episode.

Sep 21, 2014 6:39 AM

Jan 2014
TheIMF said:

Doesn't change the fact that a powerful orbital knight like Saazbaum whose absolutel main priority is killing off the princess is the major threat as long as he's alive. Slaine's actions were ridiculously short-sighted and stupid however you look at it.
JoekstarSep 21, 2014 6:49 AM
Sep 21, 2014 6:40 AM

Nov 2012
TheIMF said:

how yuki, inko and princess asspull even infiltrated that huge castle to aldnoah drive room with just 3 people? lol
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Sep 21, 2014 6:41 AM
Aug 2012
TheIMF said:

Superb logic(?)............as expected from Slaine fans, you guys missed the entire point.

Apr 2008
ninjastarforcex said:
TheIMF said:

how yuki, inko and princess asspull even infiltrated that huge castle to aldnoah drive room with just 3 people? lol

Well to be fair the majority of the troops were likely fighting in the UE base

Jan 2014
Darklight0303 said:
BeatzMe said:

Pretty much this. Especially after the princess showed that she was so worried about Inaho's wellbeing that she rushed to him the moment she could approach. That is what set off Slaine. JEALOUSY that someone else was getting the Princess' favor. That whole line about "DON'T TOUCH THE PRINCESS' THAT REEKED of arrogance and madness and hypocrisy. He was like episode 1 Cruhteo. HE is the one who had no right to touch the princess at that point

Agree. He became such a fucking stupid douchebag.

Jul 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
Sinyan said:
Hated =/= Badly written

Poor judgement =/= unrealistic

Look at OP throwing around one-dimensional like he knows what it means. Slaine fucked up but he was still better written than Inaho. Well shit even Count Saazbaum was better written than Inaho.

sazbaum is not just better than inaho, he is better than everyone, totally best character!

Pretty much
SinyanSep 21, 2014 6:53 AM
Sep 21, 2014 6:42 AM

Jun 2012
Darklight0303 said:
TheIMF said:

You really don't get it do you? IT DOESN'T MATTER. Saving Sazbaum guarantees that either sooner or later the Princess will die. THAT is what makes his choice retarded and contradicting his own character.

It's like you forgot about Slaine's scene halfway into the episode when one of the Martian soldiers saves him even though he's an Earthling. That played into his frame of mind that the Terrans are the enemy, i.e. Orange was the enemy, and Saazbaum, at that time, wasn't a threat to the princess. It wasn't his most rational decision, but when faced with two enemies, the smarter choice would be to kill the one that you definitely know is an enemy, not the one that you seem to have some understanding for. It was a snap decision in a tense environment. Get that through your thick skull already.
Sep 21, 2014 6:43 AM

Apr 2008
TheIMF said:
Darklight0303 said:

It's like you forgot about Slaine's scene halfway into the episode when one of the Martian soldiers saves him even though he's an Earthling. That played into his frame of mind that the Terrans are the enemy, i.e. Orange was the enemy, and Saazbaum, at that time, wasn't a threat to the princess. It wasn't his most rational decision, but when faced with two enemies, the smarter choice would be to kill the one that you definitely know is an enemy, not the one that you seem to have some understanding for. It was a snap decision in a tense environment. Get that through your thick skull already.

Sazbaum is ALWAYS A THREAT. As long as he breathed the Princess would always face death. The one who you definitely know is an enemy? THAT IS ALSO SAZBAUM! THE MAN SAID TO HIS FACE HE WILL KILL THE PRINCESS NO MATTER WHAT. It's your skull that is thick.
Sep 21, 2014 6:46 AM

Mar 2012
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Add to that Saazbaum was one told him that he will kill the Princess and Slaine still saved him? He didn't knew the what the consequences of that will be right?

Where did he leave his brain when he left the castle anyway? Slaine fanboys, any idea?
Which has nothing to do with why Slaine made his stupid decision. You know why everyone supposedly hates him? No, he didn't know what the consequences would be because unlike Inaho, Slaine never had the foresight or thought on what to actually do if he found Asseylum and how to protect her. That's what happens when you run on emotion and don't formulate a plan. I am not denying Slaine was an idiot. In fact I am reinforcing it because that's what it came down to when he protected Saazbuam for the sole reason to fight against Inaho (Orange guy who declared him an enemy). It's that I keep seeing post after post where people like you are asking the wrong questions because you just don't understand Slaine's motives for his stupid logic. He didn't have a plan. He was just running for his life and reacting but people act as if he seriously expected a good outcome for protecting Saazbuam. Dude didn't think that far. He wasn't Inaho all logical and thinking ahead.

It's ironic because you Slaine haters are all behaving like Slaine. Looking at things emotionally and replying with the blind rage you feel and acting on impulse rather than looking at things more objectively and breaking down the situation. Despite Saazbuam's threats to kill the princess, Slaine had never stopped fighting for the Vers. He had already failed miserably when he took off to find the princess on an unarmed vessel no less. So it doesn't matter that Saazbuam said he wanted to kill the princess. In the heat of the moment between Saazbuam and Inaho, Slaine was going to side with Saazbuam.
Sep 21, 2014 6:47 AM

May 2014
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

It's still funny how Slaine fanboys still come up with walls of post in support of him even with the facts straight in front of them..........no wonder they are Slaine fanboys. They forgot their brain just like Slaine.

My impression on Slaine went from like to disgust and extreme hate after this episode.

Yeah,and I'm not bashing or trolling,just don't accept the excuses his fans makes for him,I'll have no problem if this what happened:

Saz:Ok Slaine,I promise I won't kill the princess,lets just get her back to Vers and stop this war as I have taken my revenge.
Slaine: Ok (internal monologue,whew,thankfully he changed his mind).
Saves Saz from Inaho....
Saz shoots princess....
Slaine: Damn you Count,you promised you will not kill the princess,you betrayed me... shoots Saz.
Slaine looks at Inaho crawling to the princess....shows a smug smile....
Slaine: internal monologue..damn you,you NTR'd my princess and brought her here that led to her death...shoots Inaho...
Sep 21, 2014 6:50 AM

Apr 2008
darkreaperix said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Yeah,and I'm not bashing or trolling,just don't accept the excuses his fans makes for him,I'll have no problem if this what happened:

Saz:Ok Slaine,I promise I won't kill the princess,lets just get her back to Vers and stop this war as I have taken my revenge.
Slaine: Ok (internal monologue,whew,thankfully he changed his mind).
Saves Saz from Inaho....
Saz shoots princess....
Slaine: Damn you Count,you promised you will not kill the princess,you betrayed me... shoots Saz.
Slaine looks at Inaho crawling to the princess....shows a smug smile....
Slaine: internal monologue..damn you,you NTR'd my princess and brought her here that led to her death...shoots Inaho...

See that'd make sense. And it still is Slaine's retarded jealousy that gets Inaho killed. It has nothing to do with holding a grudge. It's the fact that not only was the Princess so worried about him the moment they crashed trhough but also that with the last bit of his strength, Inaho had the AUDACITY to crawl to Aseylum's corpse.
Sep 21, 2014 6:52 AM
Aug 2012
MetaKite said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Which has nothing to do with why Slaine made his stupid decision. You know why everyone supposedly hates him? No, he didn't know what the consequences would be because unlike Inaho, Slaine never had the foresight or thought on what to actually do if he found Asseylum and how to protect her. That's what happens when you run on emotion and don't formulate a plan. I am not denying Slaine was an idiot. In fact I am reinforcing it because that's what it came down to when he protected Saazbuam for the sole reason to fight against Inaho (Orange guy who declared him an enemy). It's that I keep seeing post after post where people like you are asking the wrong questions because you just don't understand Slaine's motives for his stupid logic. He didn't have a plan. He was just running for his life and reacting but people act as if he seriously expected a good outcome for protecting Saazbuam. Dude, didn't think that far. He wasn't Inaho all logical and thinking ahead.

It's ironic because you Slaine haters are all behaving like Slaine. Looking at things emotionally and replying with the blind rage you feel and acting on impulse rather than looking at thing more objectively and breaking down the situation. Despite Saazbuam's threats to kill the princess, Slaine had never stopped fighting for the Vers. He had already failed miserably when he took off to find the princess on an unarmed vessel no less. So it doesn't matter that Saazbuam said he wanted to kill the princess. In the heat of the moment between Saazbuam and Inaho, Slaine was going to side with Saazbuam.

Yeah let's leave the Big Boss for later so he can kill the hostage and let's actually take out the neutral guard/defender who is protecting them to clear his way and actually helping me to fight the boss...........hopefully he will change his mind magically when he see the hostage right?

That's not how i play my games............i kill the boss first so remove the threat and then the guard. There is no logic is Slaine's decision, just utter stupidity and jealousy and Slaine fanboys are worse trying to justify him.

Sep 21, 2014 6:56 AM

Jun 2012
Darklight0303 said:

Sazbaum is ALWAYS A THREAT. As long as he breathed the Princess would always face death. The one who you definitely know is an enemy? THAT IS ALSO SAZBAUM! THE MAN SAID TO HIS FACE HE WILL KILL THE PRINCESS NO MATTER WHAT. It's your skull that is thick.

lol, it's like MetaKite said, you're being as emotional as Slaine. You continue to be oblivious to the fact that Inaho was a threat to Asseylum's safety as well as far as Slaine was concerned. We're going to keep going in circles if you don't at least try to see it from Slaine's perspective.
Sep 21, 2014 6:57 AM

Apr 2008
Allow me to give you a glimpse of what was going on in Slaine's mind after they crashed through the wall. I will try to censor his hime worship as much as possible:

Slaine: The princess! Oh my god she's alive and safe! Thank god! Wait princess why aren't you looking my way. What? Why are you desperately fiddling with the Orange Unit's cockpit....Why are you calling his name so familiarly....what? Aren't you just being a tool used by that man. So why are you so worried.

*fast forward to princess getting shot and him sloppily unloading on Cruhteo*

Slaine: She's dead. She's dead. She's dead. She's dead. She's dead. She's dead. What the- *sees Inaho crawl on his stomach with his body broken and wounded desperately trying to reach Hime's sacred corpse*

You. This is all your fault. It's because of you that the princess died. Because she was worried about you. Because of you she didn't even see me there before she died. ALL YOUR FAULT ORAAAAANGEEEEE.

*cue don't touch line and Inaho flipping him off to the end by pulling the gun on him*

Bang!

End scene.
Sep 21, 2014 6:59 AM
Aug 2012
TheIMF said:
Darklight0303 said:

lol, it's like MetaKite said, you're being as emotional as Slaine. You continue to be oblivious to the fact that Inaho was a threat to Asseylum's safety as well as far as Slaine was concerned. We're going to keep going in circles if you don't at least try to see it from Slaine's perspective.

Inaho was a threat to Slaine's Yandere love for the princess but not her safety. The "Orange" guy who was protecting the Princess all these time couldn't have been a bigger threat than the "Big Boss" who declared that "He Will Kill the Princess" and trying to kill her for all this time.

Is it that hard to understand?

Sep 21, 2014 7:00 AM

Apr 2008
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
TheIMF said:

Inaho was a threat to Slaine's Yandere love for the princess but not her safety. The "Orange" guy who was protecting the Princess all these time couldn't have been a bigger threat than the "Big Boss" who declared that "He Will Kill the Princess" and trying to kill her for all this time.

Is it that hard to understand?

Arguing logic with their kind is pointless. They don't get it
Sep 21, 2014 7:00 AM

Mar 2012
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
MetaKite said:
Which has nothing to do with why Slaine made his stupid decision. You know why everyone supposedly hates him? No, he didn't know what the consequences would be because unlike Inaho, Slaine never had the foresight or thought on what to actually do if he found Asseylum and how to protect her. That's what happens when you run on emotion and don't formulate a plan. I am not denying Slaine was an idiot. In fact I am reinforcing it because that's what it came down to when he protected Saazbuam for the sole reason to fight against Inaho (Orange guy who declared him an enemy). It's that I keep seeing post after post where people like you are asking the wrong questions because you just don't understand Slaine's motives for his stupid logic. He didn't have a plan. He was just running for his life and reacting but people act as if he seriously expected a good outcome for protecting Saazbuam. Dude, didn't think that far. He wasn't Inaho all logical and thinking ahead.

It's ironic because you Slaine haters are all behaving like Slaine. Looking at things emotionally and replying with the blind rage you feel and acting on impulse rather than looking at thing more objectively and breaking down the situation. Despite Saazbuam's threats to kill the princess, Slaine had never stopped fighting for the Vers. He had already failed miserably when he took off to find the princess on an unarmed vessel no less. So it doesn't matter that Saazbuam said he wanted to kill the princess. In the heat of the moment between Saazbuam and Inaho, Slaine was going to side with Saazbuam.

Yeah let's leave the Big Boss for later so he can kill the hostage and let's actually take out the neutral guard/defender who is protecting them to clear his way and actually helping me to fight the boss...........hopefully he will change his mind magically when he see the hostage right?

That's not how i play my games............i kill the boss first so remove the threat and then the guard. There is no logic is Slaine's decision, just utter stupidity and jealousy and Slaine fanboys are worse trying to justify him.
That's good for you. You're not Slaine who's logic and actions are what the topic is about. There's plenty logic behind his actions and there is no need to justify them. darkreaperix has already posted a hypothetical scenario on what Slaine was possibly hoping for because he's a naive idiot. It's not justification but simply following the narrative of a guy who had acted on impulse the entire series and just hoping for the best. (War is hell and works for nobody, Slaine).

The only people truly upset about Slaine's decision making is that he shot his rival in a fit of jealousy. Basically people who loved Inaho. Which leads to that faction basically shitting on anybody who disagrees with them with arrogance, trolling and even name calling (in darklight's case). I don't see what's so difficult to understand seeing how Slaine has been consistent in all of his actions all season long (doomed for failure much?) and that he still manages not to be the worst character.

This season was just a set up for him next season. The fact it's not Inaho is the only reason all this rage is being posted by you and others.
Sep 21, 2014 7:01 AM

Apr 2008
MetaKite said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

That's good for you. You're not Slaine who's logic and actions are what the topic is about. There's plenty logic behind his actions and there is no need to justify them. darkreaperix has already posted a hypothetical scenario on what Slaine was possibly hoping for because he's a naive idiot. It's not justification but simply following the narrative of a guy who had acted on impulse the entire series and just hoping for the best. (War is hell and works for nobody, Slaine).

The only people truly upset about Slaine's decision making is that he shot his rival in a fit of jealousy. Basically people who loved Inaho. Which leads to that faction basically shitting on anybody who disagrees with them with arrogance, trolling and even name calling (in darklight's case). I don't see what's so difficult to understand seeing how Slaine has been consistent in all of his actions all season long (doomed for failure much?) and that he still manages not to be the worst character.

This season was just a set up for him next season. The fact it's not Inaho is the only reason all this rage is being posted by you and others.

You are lying to yourself if you think Slaine will be anything but a villain in season 2.
Sep 21, 2014 7:06 AM

Dec 2013
Slaine needs to be tortured by Jason please.
Sep 21, 2014 7:07 AM

Mar 2012
Darklight0303 said:
MetaKite said:

You are lying to yourself if you think Slaine will be anything but a villain in season 2.
Do you have any reading comprehension skills? Serious question because I think you are just trolling now. Where did I remotely imply Slaine may or may not be a villain? Lying to myself? Me who yesterday on Crunchyroll speculated that Slaine just jumped off the slippery slope and had his start of darkness as a possibly Char Aznable like villain? Oh, right. You hadn't read those posts of mine and are just changing the topic here to deflect your BS on Slaine having no logic to his actions.

All my points still stand including that you are all just like the character you hate. Acting on emotions and impulse without actually thinking about what happened and why.

Apr 2008
Emotives said:
Slaine needs to be tortured by Jason please.

Yes please
Aug 2012
MetaKite said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Way to sugarcoat Slaine fanboys who throw out the names "Gary stu", "Robot", "Emotionless", "Robot" to the character called Inaho whenever he does something awesome. "Worst character" is still your opinion but Slaine's actions are just stupid and done in a fit of jealousy without any logic at all.

Remeber i said, my impression for him went from "like" to "disgust and complete hate".........how about looking at both sides first before trying to be smart guy.

Oct 2012
Savethebestforu said:
Cunning said:

yea lol people dont seem to understand that slaine knew saazbaum has been trying to kill her ever since the whole chrutheo incident but we see him saving him when it mattered the most, yes their are arguments that try to explain why he is the way he is but they pale in comparison to everything else that is wrong with his unrealistic thought process and outrageously poor judgment.

You are kind of missing the entire point people are trying to hammer into your brain. I don't know if it's willful ignorance or what?

Slaine had gone most of his time on Mars with only 1 person treating him like a human being. When Slaine was "captured" by Saazbaum, he still believes that he saved him from certain death at the hands of Cruhteo. Saazbaum was the only martian other than the Princess that showed him kindness of any sort. He told him the motivation for his treachery and shared his deep rooted emotional turmoil with him. On top of that, he lets him go and choose his path for himself. He gives him the gift of common human respect and of free will in the war.

That takes us to the 5-10 seconds that he finds Saazbum on the brink of death. Who is he about to be killed by? Orange, the bastard that almost killed him and is taking advantage of the Princess. That takes me back to my point. You can say that Slaine's entire motivation is saving the Princess, but Slaine is/was also the most conflicted character in the show. Even in this very episode, he is questioning what side he was really on. He had always just been on the Princess' side.

Even though the Count's goal was what Slaine was fighting against, he still respected Saazbaum as a person for what he did for him. At that very moment, he valued Saazbaum as a comerade when seeing him about to meet his end at the hands of Inaho. It was a combination of paying back a debt (saving Saazbaum since he saved Slaine) and also revenge for what Inaho did to him after the fight with the red haired girl.

It's tragic...It's realistic....It's...human

He had no idea the Princess was so close to him and he probably wasn't thinking when he tried to eliminate Inaho. His actions have severe consquences, but that's what makes him a complex character. Yeah, he isn't a plot driving robot that has every single solution to every problem ever faced (like another character we know/knew). Now his whole reason for getting involved in the war is over and it's all his fault. How will his character progress?
There is some sanity in this thread. I don't think Slaine was a fantastic character but his inner conflict about where he stands as being a Terran living with the Martians and his loyalties to the only martians who didn't treat him like dirt are also conflicting at least brought something interesting to the table. Sure, in the end he made a lot of stupid decisions which may have resulted in the princess being killed, but he's only human and humans make mistakes. On top of that he's also 15-16 years old, of course he's rash and emotional and makes mistakes, its far more believable than Gary "Inaho" Stu who is an emotionless tactical genius at 15-16.
Sep 21, 2014 7:08 AM
Oct 2010
Sinyan said:
ninjastarforcex said:

sazbaum is not just better than inaho, he is better than everyone, totally best character!

The more I read, the more I realize how correct this is.

Bless! Now why is it so hard for people to understand this *smh*

People need to understand standing up for Slaine =/= excusing his actions. (Same goes for Saazbaum or any other character) Yeah, he fucked up, it's a fact, so what?! Does that make him a bad character?! What do you want to watch?! An anime about perfect people, making all the perfect choices, living a perfect life?! Doesn't sound like it would be any fun to me...

Sep 21, 2014 7:09 AM

Apr 2008
MetaKite said:
Darklight0303 said:

Do you have any reading comprehension skills? Serious question because I think you are just trolling now. Where did I remotely imply Slaine may or may not be a villain? Lying to myself? Me who yesterday on Crunchyroll speculated that Slaine just jumped off the slippery slope and had his start of darkness as a possibly Char Aznable like villain? Oh, right. You hadn't read those posts of mine and are just changing the topic here to deflect your BS on Slaine having no logic to his actions.

All my points still stand including that you are all just like the character you hate. Acting on emotions and impulse without actually thinking about what happened and why.

Your logic doesn't hold water. Inaho's prerogative even if he was using her would be to keep the princess safe. On the other hand you have Sazbaum who regardless of what happens, WILL KILL THE PRINCESS. HE said this to Slaine's face and he told Slaine that he doesn't care what side he takes he will kill him if he opposes his plan to kill the princess.
Sep 21, 2014 7:15 AM

May 2014
I hope Slaine fans will get this

Terrans need Hime alive and come back safely to Vers to stop the war.
Martians need Hime to die to keep the war going.

And if Slaine has a brain,he will immediately understand this.

...who should Slaine went to,to keep Hime safe?Saz?after telling him that he will definitely kill the princess?Or Inaho and the Terrans that has kept her safe from Martian traitors?The enemy at the start was Martian traitors not Terrans and Slaine knows this since killing Trillham (did I spelled his name right? :) )
Sep 21, 2014 7:18 AM

Apr 2014
Throughout the entire series I've loved both Slaine and Inaho. And it saddens me that after the ending of the first half a hate thread for Slaine was made. He isn't that despicable. In fact, I recall that people found Slaine to be the only likeable character initially as we all became adjusted to Inaho's lack of expressive emotions.

No way in hell is Slaine the worst character of 2014. There are worse, more badly written characters out there. The title of worst character 2014 so far should go to Rentaro of Black Bullet, that OP generic harem loli-loving bastard.

Slaine I still love you baby. Even if no one else does anymore.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.