Dec 2012
I strongly think so.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 20, 2014 5:36 PM
Jun 2013
He makes a strong argument.
Sep 20, 2014 5:39 PM

Jul 2014
I'm pretty sure that midget maid from the same series is the worst character of 2014.
Sep 20, 2014 5:40 PM

Aug 2012
I hate him with a passion.
Sep 20, 2014 5:41 PM
Jul 2011
That's Inaho.
Sep 20, 2014 5:42 PM

Jan 2014
HopeLight said:
That's Inaho.

There you are, I have to find you to laugh on your face. =)))
Sep 20, 2014 5:44 PM

Apr 2008
HopeLight said:
That's Inaho.

Nope definitely Slaine. he's almost tied with Demonic Justice girl from Akame ga Kill
Sep 20, 2014 5:45 PM

Nov 2012
its marito
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Sep 20, 2014 5:51 PM

Jul 2010
Oh... the buthurt...

I though he was fine. From a character perspective I think his actions make sense.

For Inaho I was waiting for a plot twist where he was actually a robot.
Sep 20, 2014 5:53 PM
Oct 2012
Darklight0303 said:
HopeLight said:
That's Inaho.

Nope definitely Slaine. he's almost tied with Demonic Justice girl from Akame ga Kill

Demonic Justice gets worst villain, but at least she's insane from the start and is meant to be hated. Plus she knows exactly what her beliefs are and follows through with them decisively.

Slaine though, a 'heroic' protagonist who got the idiot ball. "Let's save the guy who told me STRAIGHT TO MY FACE that he was going to kill my beloved princess. What, I screwed up? Fuck it, shoot everybody."

Slaine wins.
Sep 20, 2014 5:54 PM

Aug 2013
Vox_Populi said:

/thread everyone
His thesis is so solid that I too started hating Slaine! Slaine is a piece of shit that deserved all his torture, amirite?
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 20, 2014 5:54 PM

Apr 2008
KiraMustDie said:
Oh... the buthurt...

I though he was fine. From a character perspective I think his actions make sense.

For Inaho I was waiting for a plot twist where he was actually a robot.

Saving the main threat to your most important person's life, makes sense? Yeah right.

minouneetzoe said:
Vox_Populi said:

/thread everyone
His thesis is so solid that I too started hating Slaine! Slaine is a piece of shit that deserved all his torture, amirite?

After this episode he definitely deserved a lot worse. The series would have ended far better if he had been killed in the crash. Cruhteo would be alive and we'd have a civil war between knights with Inaho and the Princess backing them up
Sep 20, 2014 5:55 PM

Jul 2012
HopeLight said:
That's Inaho.

^
Sep 20, 2014 5:57 PM

Jul 2013
mayukachan said:
HopeLight said:
That's Inaho.

^
^
lol
Sep 20, 2014 5:58 PM

Jun 2014
No. I don't like him but he's not even the worst character in the show, let alone 2014. Inaho is worse
Sep 20, 2014 5:58 PM

Apr 2008
Oh look the slaine fandumbs are crawling out of their caves at last
Sep 20, 2014 5:59 PM

Mar 2013
Sep 20, 2014 6:00 PM

Jul 2012
Darklight0303 said:
Oh look the slaine fandumbs are crawling out of their caves at last

Not a fan of either, but Slaine is more human than Inaho, by far.

Jul 2014
Akichi said:
Darklight0303 said:

Demonic Justice gets worst villain, but at least she's insane from the start and is meant to be hated. Plus she knows exactly what her beliefs are and follows through with them decisively.

Slaine though, a 'heroic' protagonist who got the idiot ball. "Let's save the guy who told me STRAIGHT TO MY FACE that he was going to kill my beloved princess. What, I screwed up? Fuck it, shoot everybody."

Slaine wins.

This pretty much.

Save Count > Finally sees his "Hime-sama" > Princess trying to help Inaho > Count kills Princess > Get sad/mad > Kill Count? > Kill Inaho? > Take Princess for "reasons".

Worst. Character.

Jun 2013
Darklight0303 said:
HopeLight said:
That's Inaho.

I've seen you around everywhere shitting on Slaine. I frankly don't even know why people are hating on Slaine. He turned A/Z on it's head and made everyone excited for January.

Before this, it was the Plot Armored Bad Ass leading his harem into battle and winning every time. Inaho was probably the least interesting character in the show. Not to mention he was ALWAYS against the odds and still managed to "outsmart" every enemy every time. It's funny that the one episode that he is faced with adversity, he dies.

And look at this from Slaine's point of view, guys. He saved Saazbaum due to his bad past with "Orange". In a second that could determine everything, he saw someone that he understood/knew about to be killed by someone that he thought was more of an enemy than the Count was. I, for one, love what Slaine did. It was tragic. It was split-second. It was realistic. It was...human. He's not a robot that thinks every situation through 1000 times in his sleep like Inaho. He is a normal person that acts irrationally at times, because human beings make mistakes. Yeah, it was the totally wrong decision...but that's what makes it interesting. That's what make future complex characters.
Sep 20, 2014 6:01 PM

Jul 2012
Savethebestforu said:
Before this, it was the Plot Armored Bad Ass leading his harem into battle and winning every time. Inaho was probably the least interesting character in the show. Not to mention he was ALWAYS against the odds and still managed to "outsmart" every enemy every time. It's funny that the one episode that he is faced with adversity, he dies.

And look at this from Slaine's point of view, guys. He saved Saazbaum due to his bad past with "Orange". In a second that could determine everything, he saw someone that he understood/knew about to be killed by someone that he thought was more of an enemy than the Count was. I, for one, love what Slaine did. It was tragic. It was split-second. It was realistic. It was...human. He's not a robot that thinks every situation through 1000 times in his sleep like Inaho. He is a normal person that acts irrationally at times, because human beings make mistakes. Yeah, it was the totally wrong decision...but that's what makes it interesting. That's what make future complex characters.

This.
Sep 20, 2014 6:02 PM

Apr 2008
Savethebestforu said:
Darklight0303 said:

I've seen you around everywhere shitting on Slaine. I frankly don't even know why people are hating on Slaine. He turned A/Z on it's head and made everyone excited for January.

His bad past with Orange was more of a priority than someone who EXPLICITLY told him he would stop at nothing to kill his princess? Yeah right. Try again
Sep 20, 2014 6:06 PM

Aug 2013
Savethebestforu said:

Can't say how much I agree with you. Can people stop thinking that characters are omniscient and saw the same show as us?
minouneetzoeSep 20, 2014 6:10 PM
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
Sep 20, 2014 6:09 PM

Aug 2013
Darklight0303 said:
His bad past with Orange was more of a priority than someone who EXPLICITLY told him he would stop at nothing to kill his princess? Yeah right. Try again

Um, yes. Saazbaum didn't seem to be much of a threat at this point. IMO, Saazbaum was more of a wildcard that Slaine was. Didn't expected Saazbaum to appear out of nowhere, wasn't surprised when Slaine killed Inaho.
Sep 20, 2014 6:11 PM

Apr 2008
minouneetzoe said:
Darklight0303 said:

Um, yes. Saazbaum didn't seem to be much of a threat at this point. IMO, Saazbaum was more of a wildcard that Slaine was. Didn't expected Saazbaum to appear out of nowhere, wasn't surprised when Slaine killed Inaho.

NOt what I am talking about. I am talking about Slaine tackling Inaho's mech off of Sazbaum. A mech that was already damaged. THAT was his biggest stupid mistake from an objective standpoint given his ultimate goal which was to keep his princess alive and find her. THAT is why I hate the piece of shit
Sep 20, 2014 6:14 PM

Jan 2014
How can he be the wost when he just killed the worst?
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Sep 20, 2014 6:16 PM

Jun 2013
minouneetzoe said:
Savethebestforu said:

Can't say how much I agree with you. Can people stop thinking that characters are omniscient and saw the same show as us?

You can't help someone that can only see black and white. Anyone that can't see and understand Slaine's motivations can't be reasoned with. You can hate him with a burning passion and want him to die if you want, but calling him the worst character in this show? Psh. You guys realize without Slaine this show would be 24 episodes of Inaho killing Martians/cooking eggs and growing his harem while saving the world.
Sep 20, 2014 6:18 PM

Apr 2008
Savethebestforu said:
minouneetzoe said:

You can't help someone that can only see black and white. Anyone that can't see and understand Slaine's motivations can't be reasoned with. You can hate him with a burning passion and want him to die if you want, but calling him the worst character in this show? Psh. You guys realize without Slaine this show would be 24 episodes of Inaho killing Martians/cooking eggs and growing his harem while saving the world.

Without Slaine, Cruhteo woudl still be alive and we'd actually have a civil war going on between the knights. So no Slaine's existence is a detriment to this series
Sep 20, 2014 6:19 PM

Mar 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Savethebestforu said:

Without Slaine, Cruhteo woudl still be alive and we'd actually have a civil war going on between the knights. So no Slaine's existence is a detriment to this series

Without Slaine, Cruhteo would never have known to start a civil war in the first place.
Sep 20, 2014 6:20 PM

Jun 2008
"Let's help the guy who wants to kill the princess instead of the guy I know has been protecting the princess."

No matter how you slice it, Slaine is a fucking moron. Worst character of 2014? Maybe, maybe not, but he's up there, so I voted yes anyway.
Sep 20, 2014 6:20 PM

Apr 2008
fst said:
Darklight0303 said:

Without Slaine, Cruhteo would never have known to start a civil war in the first place.

He would after the princess made her announcement from Russia.
Sep 20, 2014 6:23 PM

Mar 2013
Darklight0303 said:
fst said:

No way, that makes too much sense.
Sep 20, 2014 6:24 PM

Apr 2008
fst said:
Darklight0303 said:

No way, that makes too much sense.

Point is Slaine has not had any worthwhile benefit in this series whatsoever. Every time he thought he was helping he made things worse so writing him out would have been a benefit
Sep 20, 2014 6:27 PM

Jun 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Savethebestforu said:

Ok,

1. That doesn't even have anything to do with Slaine's character.

2. Without Slaine, we would have no character to show us the "enemy" side, therefore most of the Orbital Knights would be simple plot fodder...even though they already are. Sigh.
Sep 20, 2014 6:29 PM
Jul 2014
Worst is Tatsuya's sister, with that one-sama, make me sick. Stupid and machista.

Apr 2008
Savethebestforu said:
Darklight0303 said:

Ok,

2. Without Slaine, we would have no character to show us the "enemy" side, therefore most of the Orbital Knights would be simple plot fodder...even though they already are. Sigh.

Proving my point. Sazbaum loved to state his motivation every time he was in battle anyway so nothing of value was earned from the so called glimpse on Martians.

May 2012
He should've remained as a swimmer in that Japanese highschool.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 20, 2014 6:31 PM

Jan 2014
I dont know what that retard expected after saving him...Lol slaine....Please change the title as "2014's most retarded character"
Sep 20, 2014 6:33 PM

Dec 2012
Akichi said:
Darklight0303 said:

Slaine wins.

i agree with this, Demonic Justice is a hated character aswell but as a villain she isnt too bad, slaine is just the worst overall
Sep 20, 2014 6:35 PM

Jul 2010
Darklight0303 said:
Slaine aided them during their fight with Femieanne. They wouldn't have survived otherwise.
Sep 20, 2014 6:37 PM

Feb 2013
I want Slaine torture again XD

But I don't hate him that much. It give shock, yes, but I am glad he make some resolve at least
Sep 20, 2014 7:27 PM

Jun 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Savethebestforu said:

Ok,

Proving my point. Sazbaum loved to state his motivation every time he was in battle anyway so nothing of value was earned from the so called glimpse on Martians.

Please answer this question honestly. Do you really think that Inaho is a better character than Slaine?

Think about how utterly boring this show would be with Inaho as the sole MC. Inaho actually isn't even a real person. He's just the most exaggerated form of the "Silent Bad-Ass" in any anime I have watched. Think about his motivations and complexities...oh yeah he doesn't have any of either. Except eggs, we can't forget Inaho's eggs because LULZ HE SO RANDOM RITE?!?!?!

He was created to advance the plot for the audience until Slaine actually started the conflict. I really hate 1-dimensional characters, but I don't even think it's fair to say Inaho even has 1 dimension. He's just...bleh. I will say that he finally showed himself as somewhat of a realistic human being this episode, but then he died. Oh well.

That's fine if you want to see the "Do no wrong" good guy smash the bad guys before getting the girl in the end, but mature writing isn't done that way. I'm not saying A/Z is anything close to a mature show, but Slaine doing what he did is a step in the right direction.
Sep 20, 2014 7:31 PM

Jun 2007
A tormented character that fails is a human character.

A character that can always win using anime logic is pure fiction.

This question should really be which Aldnoah Zero lead is the worst. The responses would prove insightful as to if viewers can separate plot devices from people.
Sep 20, 2014 7:34 PM

Jul 2014
Holy shit, Just watched the recent episode i was like, "Holy fucking maggot"

That's why Inaho calls Slaine as a "bat" for no reason, He is literally blind and can't see through who should be saving or stand for. Moreover his name says it all, He will slays everyone and everything even it means lot of people have to die, what a pathetic

""whereabouts of the princess's body is still unknown" This pretty much confirms that Inaho is found dead, There's no way in hell a person would survive a headshot. Even though there's chances to survive a headshot as long as the bullet doesnt hit the major arteries but probability of that is very small aka unlikely will happens.

Can't wait how another cour of this series will started.

Sep 20, 2014 7:40 PM

Mar 2012
Seiryuu2 said:
Holy shit, Just watched the recent episode i was like, "Holy fucking maggot"

That's why Inaho calls Slaine as a "bat" for no reason, He is literally blind and can't see through who should be saving or stand for. Moreover his name says it all, He will slays everyone and everything even it means lot of people have to die, what a pathetic

""whereabouts of the princess's body is still unknown" This pretty much confirms that Inaho is found dead, There's no way in hell a person would survive a headshot. Even though there's chances to survive a headshot as long as the bullet doesnt hit the major arteries but probability of that is very small aka unlikely will happens.

Can't wait how another cour of this series will started.

Summed it up pretty well.

Slaine's actions and character motivations are confusing to me. What reason does he have to shoot Inaho? Who is he fighting for?

Count Saazbaum said straight to his face that he was going to kill the princess. Slaine wanted to save the princess...so, why in the hell was he trying to stop Inaho from killing Count Saazbaum again? Was it because Count Saazbaum let him live?

Slaine's inner monologue and lack there of doesn't give us enough information about what is driving him or his actions. I don't know if this is poor writing or intentional, but as an anime viewer, it's aggravating to watch.
Sep 20, 2014 7:41 PM

Aug 2014
Why can't we just agree that the three main characters of Aldnoah are the worst characters of 2014.

It's like when you participate in a competition when your a little kid and the adults say 'everybody is a winner' or in this particular case 'everybody is a loser'.
Sep 20, 2014 7:52 PM

Jun 2007
Gary Stu vs. Tormented Failure vs. Princess Moe--THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!

...what? It's entertaining. Everyone's a loser but the one taking pleasure from the exchanges.

Toucanbird said:
Slaine's actions and character motivations are confusing to me. What reason does he have to shoot Inaho?

You mean other than the fact Slaine knew Gary Stu had tried to kill him, and nearly succeeded, resulting in torture? And how that whole situation could've been avoided if Gary hadn't shot him down?

Other than that Slaine had no logical motivation for wanting to kill 'Orange', so I do see your point.
Sep 20, 2014 7:57 PM
Oct 2010
FIREF0X said:
Why can't we just agree that the three main characters of Aldnoah are the worst characters of 2014.

It's like when you participate in a competition when your a little kid and the adults say 'everybody is a winner' or in this particular case 'everybody is a loser'.

Pretty much, the show doesn't really have any good characters tbh.
Sep 20, 2014 8:01 PM

Mar 2008
I'd much rather just agree to disagree. At heart, this thread is still a poll asking for people's opinions. It's not a contest between the characters or the people voting, it's just people expressing their views on Slaine. If you want to explain why you feel a certain way about the character, please feel free to do so, but please don't point or argue with other people.

As for my opinion on the original question, I don't think Slaine is the Worst character of this season, and I think that his faults do portray his human traits quite well, and covers that sphere of the human element nicely.

As person though, I do dislike him. While I can relate to some of his decisions, they still don't make him likeable to me as a person. I still don't think he's the worst character of this season though, he's a decent character, that also happens to make unwise decisions, that I dislike.
Sep 20, 2014 8:02 PM
Oct 2009
Savethebestforu said:
Darklight0303 said:

Ever since watching the OP and ED sequences, something's ALWAYS bothered me. Why is it that Inaho and Slaine are always juxtaposed together? I mean, they're both main characters, and they all operate on logic (hear me out on this; when Slaine was trying to find out what happened to the Princess, he reasoned that since Asseylem was interacting with Orange, the logical step to take in tracking the Princess down was finding the Orange Kataphrakt), and they're just pretty similar in general, right? So how come the anime juxtaposes them like they're polar opposites?

Obviously enough, it's because they ARE. It's easy to see that they are the classic foil to each other. But in what ways are they opposite to each other? As if the anime hasn't made this painfully obvious enough, it's in their methods of dealing with situations in general. Setting my absolute dislike for Inaho aside, let's look at his case first.

We can see that Inaho's all about deciding on the best logical course of action after gathering as much information as possible. He's calculating yet pragmatic - the ideal decision-maker. We see a solid example of this in his dialogue between the Princess in episode 12, that he's not "interested in emotions such as hate, which can be used by higher-ups to instigate war". All throughout this war he's kept thinking ahead, and looking forward when there was no conflict. He's even on his freaking tablet instead of playing cards with his friends, looking at God-knows-what but that just goes to show how much of a thinker he is. Effing mannequin. Even Kristen Stewart has more facial expressions than he does, but whatever. Summed up with one word, Inaho would be the "superego", as outdated as this sounds.

Now let's look at Slaine. That kid is like the classic case of NTR. Well, maybe not that extreme, but how does any human being NOT develop any feelings for a party that has benefited said human being in some way? The first member of the antagonist Empire that he encountered was one of the representatives of the entire Empire, the Princess of Vers, and she showed him freaking KINDNESS. I dunno about you but if MY first impression of an oppressive kingdom was that of a kiss of life's, I wouldn't really be ready to accept that said kingdom is all that bad. In fact, Slaine ended serving the great Empire of Vers (not that he had anywhere else to go), but behind it all his devotion was to the Princess, who personified the ideal Vers Kingdom. This is key (but not to be explained in the scope of an internet post). Summed up in one word, Slaine would be the "id". [EDIT]: Wanted to note that a solid evidence of Slaine being the id manifests itself when Slaine is overcome by confusion and emotion (mostly emotion) and starts to rampage by shooting wildly (he even misses some shots, gg wall).

All this talk of emotion brings me to my point about Slaine: he's not as hate-worthy as he initially seems. This kid operates largely on emotion. On feelings alone, he (likely) broke military regulations (if Vers had any) by stealing a military aircraft to cross a large body of water just to track down his girl. But it was those very feelings of his that made him bound to Lord Saazbaum. You gotta remember that this Slaine kid will be emotionally attached to whoever shows him kindness. As such, after getting the gifts of 1) not being killed by Saazbaum, 2) a nice meal and drink (even if he didn't touch it), 3) the answers to the questions of assassination he's been seeking, 4) knowing that his dad the scientist saved a life of a future Lord who shows moderate mercy, and 5) a high-performance OP mecha, there's NO WAY Slaine ISN'T attached to Saazbaum in some way. Additionally, Saazbaum has also given insight on what drives him to perpetuate this war, and has shown Slaine how HUMAN he could be (evidence of this is Slaine's expression when he sees how Saazbaum grips the knife and his eyes of determination - piece it together yourself). Heck, I bet no emotionally stable human being will still have no respect for Saazbaum after this. In light of this, Slaine's actions of saving Saazbaum during that split second makes perfect sense (keep in mind Orange has openly declared Slaine as an enemy - those two will NEVER be allies, so as far as Slaine is concerned Orange Kataphrakt can literally go die).

Having defined these two main characters' construct, we can now see that they are complete polar opposites, which consequently lead into why Slaine did what he did, and ultimately why Urobuchi was able to f**k with our feels so much. I'd like to keep going with a wider, overall perspective, but maybe I'll wait for someone with better literary comprehension to come along and explain what Urobuchi had in mind when he made these two characters (it's interesting to note that you can still see an inkling of the psychology research Urobuchi did back when he was working on PSYCHO-PASS).
MidoryuSep 20, 2014 8:07 PM
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.