Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (43) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 20, 2014 11:40 AM
Sep 2014
I thought the ending was great. I didn't expect it all.. I just hope they don't pull the they didn't die somehow trick that every show does. As much as I liked the princess and Inaho I just like that this episode caught me off guard.
Sep 20, 2014 11:41 AM

May 2013
And I heard Asseylum's birthday is today.

Congratulations.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Feb 2014
Darklight0303 said:
LucinaXAvatar said:

Sigh... let me spell out the logic i see for you.
It is true that he wasted a "perfect" opportunity as you as it.
But he was also concerned about the lives of the landing castle, as you can see from the scene in which the soldier who saved him from an earthling KAT. How do you think the landing castle would have handled the situation if the leader were to fall right there? From a grunt in orange? Morale would have plummeted, Many of the soldiers would die. He probably thought that since Saazbaum was in such a condition, he wouldn't be able to go after the princess and would have to retreat.
AND since he thought the princess was on the ship, he probably thought that he could take her away from the battlefield.
I don't blame Slaine for doing what he did, he was kept in the dark and had to act with limited information.

....yeah you're clearly never going to see reason. Whatever. Go worship your walking disaster of a character. I look forward to his bloody demise in season 2. He's a rabid dog that should and will be put down

No I see logic in the actions of others. Anyways let's just agree to disagree. i am tired from your fanaticism.

Apr 2008
DancingJack said:
Slain is such a useless character... beyond episode 1 he did nothing of real revelance other than to search for his "Hime-sama"... to then return on the last episode to fuck up just about everything possible in the shortest time possible.

He is not a tragic hero or anything, just useless and stupid. How can you save the guy who says to your face that he was the one behind the conspiracy to kill the princess... and then stand there with a suprised and confused face when he actually does shoot the princess. I mean, WHO WOULD'VE GUESSED?!

And then he gets to pilot the Helion to which he somehow teleports judging by the pacing and it just activates for no explained reason instead of Inaho who had everything he needed to pilot it (the skill and the princess to activate it)... and what did he manage to do so 'badass' with it? ...Crashing into Inaho to save the guy that wants to kill the one person he searched for the entire length of the anime. Good job, Slaine, you are probably one of the worst characters ever due to sheer incompetence and stupidness, there is not a single reason to show you any sympathy for what happened to... no, what you did, because this is entirely your doing and fault.

Pretty much everything I had to say

Jul 2010
Sigh, I just feel that Slaine really tried to save too much and ended up not saving anything.
He goes in to save the Count when Inaho was just about to finish him.
Unknowingly to Slaine, Asseylum was there which the Count took the opportunity to shoot Asseylum. Slaine brings the person he wants to protect to yet another life endangering (or even a fatal) state.
I didn't mind Slaine shooting Inaho though. They did have a mutual goal shared between them, but that doesn't mean they are allies.
Sep 20, 2014 11:42 AM

Aug 2012
Allow me to say this, but I really like where this is going. Slaine, you are one stupid motherfucker, but goddamn, I love you man. It's not everyday that you see a deuteragonist ( I think that's what he is ) kill off the main character.

And to those who are saying that Inaho and the Princess is not dead, just remember that this is Gen Urobuchi we're talking about. The guy loves to murder or otherwise shit on his characters' lives. He's basically the George Martin of the anime world.
What do you think? The meaning of our existence. Why do we continue to live?
~Iris Rain Umbrella, my favorite robot
Sep 20, 2014 11:43 AM

May 2014
Inaho is kill thats for sure but I'm not sure about hime. They couldn't find her body and she may come back to life whit aldnoah shit or something...

Apr 2008
FatefulLove said:
Sigh, I just feel that Slaine really tried to save too much and ended up not saving anything.
He goes in to save the Count when Inaho was just about to finish him.
Unknowingly to Slaine, Asseylum was there which the Count took the opportunity to shoot Asseylum. Slaine brings the person he wants to protect to yet another life endangering (or even a fatal) state.
I didn't mind Slaine shooting Inaho though. They did have a mutual goal shared between them, but that doesn't mean they are allies.

Slaine would've been dead if only Inaho had killed him at Tanegashima. And funny thing is things would have gone far better if that had happened. Slaine was worthless. If he would have died at Tanegashima the folloowing things would be true:

Cruhteo would be alive. He would respond to the Princess' call when she got to Russia leading to a showdown vs Sazbaum.

The Deucalion would possibly have not been sunk.

And Princess and Inaho would be alive most likely.

Sep 2013
Darklight0303 said:
DancingJack said:
Slain is such a useless character... beyond episode 1 he did nothing of real revelance other than to search for his "Hime-sama"... to then return on the last episode to fuck up just about everything possible in the shortest time possible.

He is not a tragic hero or anything, just useless and stupid. How can you save the guy who says to your face that he was the one behind the conspiracy to kill the princess... and then stand there with a suprised and confused face when he actually does shoot the princess. I mean, WHO WOULD'VE GUESSED?!

And then he gets to pilot the Helion to which he somehow teleports judging by the pacing and it just activates for no explained reason instead of Inaho who had everything he needed to pilot it (the skill and the princess to activate it)... and what did he manage to do so 'badass' with it? ...Crashing into Inaho to save the guy that wants to kill the one person he searched for the entire length of the anime. Good job, Slaine, you are probably one of the worst characters ever due to sheer incompetence and stupidness, there is not a single reason to show you any sympathy for what happened to... no, what you did, because this is entirely your doing and fault.

I agree completely as well. He had potential but they did absolutely nothing with him.
Sep 20, 2014 11:44 AM

Jun 2014
DancingJack said:

Couldn't have said it better..

Nov 2012
inaho defeated the shield dude : slaine come over and shoot
inaho defeated saazbaum : slaine come over and shoot
saazbaum defeated inaho : slaine come over and fucking headshot

dem triple kill steal, nice bro
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro

May 2014
Hmm. Not sure where to begin commenting.... Well it definitely makes you wait for season 2. Also those who wanted at least some hint of romance got what they asked for.....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 2014
Inaho had it coming for shooting Slaine over nothing, then leaving him behind to be tortured. Moreover, he raised the gun against him with the intent to kill, which screams of "shoot me!".
Sep 20, 2014 11:45 AM

May 2012
ninjastarforcex said:

Bro, he is playing the carry role, bro. He needs the gold.
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Sep 20, 2014 11:45 AM

May 2014
Keten said:
Darklight0303 said:

I agree completely as well. He had potential but they did absolutely nothing with him.

I belive season two will be his season since Inaho.. x(
Sep 20, 2014 11:46 AM
Jan 2010
that was really cheap
the only reason they did that is to get people to watch the next season
Sep 20, 2014 11:46 AM

Dec 2010
inaho not dead... Cant have Aldnoah w/o mother fucking INAHO!
Sep 20, 2014 11:47 AM

Sep 2014
JustinNateal said:
Allow me to say this, but I really like where this is going. Slaine, you are one stupid motherfucker, but goddamn, I love you man. It's not everyday that you see a deuteragonist ( I think that's what he is ) kill off the main character.

And to those who are saying that Inaho and the Princess is not dead, just remember that this is Gen Urobuchi we're talking about. The guy loves to murder or otherwise shit on his characters' lives. He's basically the George Martin of the anime world.

Its possible that they are dead but that would make this open end pretty much worthless. No one is 100% confirmed dead. Guess we have to wait for Season 2 to be sure.

Apr 2008
bestkatalyn said:
Inaho had it coming for shooting Slaine over nothing, then leaving him behind to be tortured. Moreover, he raised the gun against him with the intent to kill, which screams of "shoot me!".

That doesn't excuse saving Sazbaum.

May 2014
cemlat said:
Keten said:

Am I the only one here who doubts that Inaho is dead? Seriously main char dying in the middle just sounds wrong. No matter how much you look like it this anime is just to similar to Code Geass. Inaho=lelouch, Slaine = more or less like suzaku. Look at what happened during season 1 ending. I smell deja vu.
SpartehSep 20, 2014 11:50 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2014 11:48 AM
Jul 2013
bestkatalyn said:

You should watch that ep again, and pay very close attention to that scene. Slaine shot first, as others on thsi form have said countless times before.
Sep 20, 2014 11:48 AM

Mar 2013
Darklight0303 said:
bestkatalyn said:

To be honest, I like more Slaine than Inaho.. but they kinda fuck his character with this end. I mean.. not because of the fact that he shot Inaho (Remember Inaho left Slaine for death and Slaine got tortured a lot!), but because he saved the FUCKING COUNT! If the count was about to kill the princess why saving him? GENIUS!
Sep 20, 2014 11:49 AM

Nov 2012
s
Darklight0303 said:
bestkatalyn said:

sazbaum is too awesome and charming slaine fell in love with him

Apr 2008
Strategist0083 said:
bestkatalyn said:

You should watch that ep again, and pay very close attention to that scene. Slaine shot first, as others on thsi form have said countless times before.

Don't bother. The Slaine fans lack the capacity for logic and facts

Dec 2012
Damnit Slaine, you dumbass... sigh. This was really good, but I really don't see how they can continue this story as it stands, but they may surprise me again.
Sep 20, 2014 11:50 AM

Nov 2012
Tommk said:
ninjastarforcex said:

bro, that rygart REKT someone in your profile.
who is he? i forgot

Aug 2014
Sparteh said:
Am I the only one here who doubts that Inaho is dead? Seriously main char dying in the middle just sounds wrong

Nope. Well I'm thinking it is likely that he died, but I wouldn't be surprised either if he somehow survived.

Sep 2014
Sparteh said:
cemlat said:

Am I the only one here who doubts that Inaho is dead? Seriously main char dying in the middle just sounds wrong

Well its possible cause no one was confirmed to be 100% dead.
Sep 20, 2014 11:51 AM

Sep 2013
Sparteh said:

Take your pick.
1. Inaho died and it proved that there was absolutely nothing to his character besides being a stoic guy with OP intelligence.
2. Inaho survives because of an asspull and the whole scene was done for nothing but making a cliffhanger.

Those are the only 2 options. Both are bad.

Unless you have another idea for what happened.
Sep 20, 2014 11:51 AM
Jul 2013
If the Princess is alive and not suffering memory lost, I for one am looking forward to seeing him being tortured by guilt or being hated by the Princess for what he did for no reason what so sever.
Sep 20, 2014 11:53 AM

Sep 2014
Keten said:
Sparteh said:

Take your pick.
1. Inaho died and it proved that there was absolutely nothing to his character besides being a stoic guy with OP intelligence.
2. Inaho survives because of an asspull and the whole scene was done for nothing but making a cliffhanger.

Pretty much this and i think it will be choice 2. Otherwise the cliffhanger with no one confirmed dead would be meaningless
Sep 20, 2014 11:53 AM

Nov 2012
Strategist0083 said:
If the Princess is alive and not suffering memory lost, I for one am looking forward to seeing him being tortured by guilt or being hated by the Princess for what he did for no reason what so sever.

yeah Princess Asspull probably still alive somehow... with ALDNOAH MAGIC IM IMMORTAL BITCH!
Sep 20, 2014 11:54 AM

May 2014
Keten said:
Sparteh said:

Take your pick.

Basically its like Code geass all over again (except that code geass was epic). From my standpoint Inaho= Lelouch here. Main characters don't die that easily. This is not DBZ.
Sep 20, 2014 11:54 AM

Dec 2010
"Princess body not found"

Slaine ganna do some experiments and clone the princess I bet, since he is insane now.
Sep 20, 2014 11:55 AM
Jan 2014
Wait, so people hate slain now? Lmao I'm glad he killed inaho but him saving the count was stupid in his part because the count is trying to kill the princess while he's trying to save her. Honestly I'm glad they killed off the emotionless inaho and the mary sue princess, they will not be missed. Now the series can have a set of new interesting mc.

Aug 2009
Why was Inaho shot in the head again? (Slaine's idea of anger management? Or just possessive to a fault?) I don't see the point. He was already harmless at the state before he was shot. Oh well. Dead or alive, either way... I'd be disappointed.
But damn Slaine, please don't be the antagonist for the next season because that is predictable as fuck.

This show had a fair share of shitty developments but overall, I can't deny that it was entertaining.
Jul 2012
Just my opinion, but I really question what they are going to do next season. They might treat this season as a set-up for the next season where they get serious. Kind of like Ga-Rei Zero is a prequel to the manga Ga-Rei, and then the manga reintroduces you to the same characters in Zero, albeit different due to the evens in the former, as well as introduce new ones.

I can imagine Slaine as the lead, but I can't support him fully. To be honest, I can't like characters. I'm not a major of fan of watching animes for the sake of the characters, more so the plot, setting and the actions of the characters themselves. Thats what made me like Aldnoah Zero. Inaho and all the stuff he does. Without him, and given how Slaine is a bit indecisive, I can't find myself enjoying the 2nd season as much.

Well, heres my theory on the 2nd season. Inaho is saved because we have the the sister and Mustang 11 right outside, might be able to do some form of thing that saves him. The Vers princess is dead, because HEADSHOT! Or Slaine takes her dead body, uses his brand new Kataphrakt and goes somewhere to preserve her body. Yes, preserve. You think is Kataphrakt wasn't fast for no reason? And then we follow the same story theme and system of following 2 protangonists(more like one) in a intergalatic war, which we may have some form of conclusion.(like how Valvrave's did when they were stuck with each other)

Another one is with Inaho dead, and we go through a whole Ga-Rei and Ga-Rei Zero thing where nearly half of the characters in this season become side characters who just become a pain in the butt for Slain on his "whatever" quest.

Aug 2012
Aleskar said:
JustinNateal said:

Its possible that they are dead but that would make this open end pretty much worthless. No one is 100% confirmed dead. Guess we have to wait for Season 2 to be sure.

I'm pretty sure they're dead. I mean, that was a headshot. You're not walking away from that.So unless they do an asspull (Slaine missed or something, despite shooting at point blank), I don't really think we'll be seeing them in the next season.

And besides, having an unpredictable plot is a lot more fun than a linear one. I'm actually quite excited to see what they'll do next. I just hope that they don't fuck up.

Apr 2008
clash45 said:
Wait, so people hate slain now? Lmao I'm glad he killed inaho but him saving the count was stupid in his part because the count is trying to kill the princess while he's trying to save her. Honestly I'm glad they killed off the emotionless inaho and the mary sue princess, they will not be missed. Now the series can have a set of new interesting mc.

I was never a fan of his but the stupidty shown in this episode made me hate him
Sep 20, 2014 11:56 AM

Jan 2014
Keten said:
Sparteh said:

Take your pick.

I pick number 2.

Though I don't like asspull, killing off a main char in the middle of the show without any major development is ... worst.

This show has the habit of making cliff hanger, so my bet is in choice 2.

Also, I'm fine with Rayet promoted to the main cast and smash Slaine's face. Make it choice 3.

Oct 2013
Maaan if Urobutcher was still writing the scripts we wouldn't need an split cour.

May 2012
ninjastarforcex said:
Tommk said:

bro, that rygart REKT someone in your profile.
who is he? i forgot

Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Sep 20, 2014 11:58 AM
Mar 2014
Please, let Slaine die the most horrible death possible. WHAT THE FUCK FOR MORON IS HE?

While the quality of how it's made is good, the story of this episode is astonishingly bad. I'm trying to wrap my head around Slaine's logic, and I can't find any. Who the fuck wrote this episode?
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Nth incarnation of NRVNQSR

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Sep 2014
everyone saying kill slaine, slaine is a morron and etc..

first off, the staff just did based on slaine character he is a character that dont want to kill just like the princess since he and princess are childhood friend and he is not even in the military school like inaho he is just a loving peace guy. he is a typical guy yes he is. and then his princess got shot, bye old slaine.

why slaine shot inaho??
slaine shot inaho cause inaho point the gun to slaine lol (SIMple)
and slaine dun want the same thing happen again then just go BANG (it is basically inaho fault at first)

SLAINED indeed

last time i read at news urobutchi said "inaho character is different than what he want"
maybe thats why they kill inaho ??
Jan 2014
Darklight0303 said:
clash45 said:

I was never a fan of his but the stupidty shown in this episode made me hate him

Yeah I must agree he made a stupid decision in this episode.

Oct 2011
Keten said:
Sparteh said:

Take your pick.

3. M.Night Shyamalan tier twist.

Aug 2014
Aleskar said:
Keten said:

Take your pick.

Pretty much this and i think it will be choice 2. Otherwise the cliffhanger with no one confirmed death would be meaningless

Well this would follow the rules of Aldnoah universe...
Sep 20, 2014 11:59 AM

Aug 2012
chickenonthepan said:
Keten said:

Take your pick.

I pick number 2.

Though I don't like asspull, killing off a main char in the middle of the show without any major development is ... worst.

This show has the habit of making cliff hanger, so my bet is in choice 2.

I'd say that Inaho would make a (not-so) great flashback material. Something like Kamina.

Here's to me betting that it's option 1.

May 2012
Keten said:
Sparteh said:

Take your pick.

3. Timeskip to the future, different new characters. This season was just a backstory on how this war begin. You will never know.

May 2008
What a fine way to end the season.
Pages (43) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

719 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 1:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.