Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (43) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 20, 2014 11:17 AM

Jun 2014
mariansony said:
Blazebolt7 said:

But Vers Empire's Aldnoah drive is OP as fuck, that is okay?

Inaho would find 6765765745454654 openings

And Vers Empire would've killed 6765765745454654 Earthlings by that time..

Ever heard of Balance? No?
Have you seen Death Note?
Sep 20, 2014 11:17 AM

Apr 2008
Slain character is as dumb as Suzaku. In fact, this whole show just become a side joke to Code Geass R1. Most likely both Inaho (Aldnoah's Kira) and Princess will wake up in a hospital, being heroically pulled out of that mess by Inahos sister and kept alive by space magic.
Saazbaum taken prisoner and Slain fucks off to Mars/Space and joins Vers in order to kill all Terrans.

Unless they actually roll with their death's and continue story as is, then I will watch it just to see what kind of death fate got in for Slain.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Sep 20, 2014 11:18 AM
Oct 2013
Final Boss gets "Power Up" 2s into the fight....
All previous Mini Boss fights in the Final Fight
Benedict Arnold
Jealous "Boyfriend" kills Data or Spock whichever one you want to call him

So all in messed up episode if this was to be the end but as a cliffhanger not so bad then
“How strange and foolish is man. He loses his health in gaining wealth. Then, to regain his health he wastes his wealth. He ruins his present while worrying about his future, but weeps in the future by recalling his past. He lives as though death shall never come to him, but dies in a way as if he were never born”
― Imam Ali as
Sep 20, 2014 11:19 AM

Jun 2014
Naga_Sage said:
l3eifong said:
It's obvious that none of the 2 are dead. It's anime, for Christ sake. Honestly I am more concerned about competence of this show's writers now.

It doesn't really make sense to be honest. How can you quantify some school kid outsmarting and owning trained military soldiers and fucking space knights with alien robot suits.

See death note or Code Geass.. then say same thing
Dec 2013
wow....I just don't know what to say. I wanna say some of the characters were out of character but considering how little to no development anyone has had on this show then... nope still sucks. I just can't believe what totally waisted potential there was here. Nothing, like nothing makes sense. Slaine saves Saazbaum (the heck is wrong with him), Asseylum dies AGAIN, and Inaho didn't learn his lesson about pointing the gun at someone who could assist you if you use the right words. Seriously this is just sad. No way will I watch the 2nd course just so I could go through all this again.(sorry for the long post)
Feb 2014
Darklight0303 said:
LucinaXAvatar said:

Sigh, you obviously don't like watching underdogs in an plot. No one likes watching a Gary Stu.
In response to saline plotting his own destruction... well I chalk it up to his inexperience and lack of information as to what the hell is going on. I personally find that his reactions are somewhat normal considering that they are in a battlefield. It is Inaho who is abnormal, no one can be that calm in any situation unless there is something wrong with their head. Which there is, he is a damn autistic.

He had NO BLOODY EXCUSE TO SAVE SAZBAUM. NONE.

You also couldn't be more wrong about Underdogs. You know who were the underdogs in this war technologically? EARTHLINGS. Inaho was the only equalizer they had until the ship was uncovered.

SLaine was not an underdog. He was an obsessed idiot to the very end

Not really, Slaine had enemies on all sides, no one he could trust. So pretty much an underdog in my opinion. The earthlings are just idiots, I could see some very flawed logic in their tactics and strategy. Their weapons "could" take down the enemy technology, as inaho showed, but they just didn't use it effectively
As for saving Saazbaum, well... he had been shot down by Inaho before and between saving the life of a superior officer, who currently didn't have any intent in kill him, or the life of an enemy who betrayed him.
And about the princess, how the hell was he supposed to know that the princess was there?! He wasn't in on the whole "shut down the core of the fortress" plan.
ARandomBystanderSep 20, 2014 11:24 AM
Mar 2009
ZingFreelancer said:
kept alive by space magic.

Space magic, the answer to everything!
Sep 20, 2014 11:20 AM

Nov 2012
*i want to see more comment from urobuchi cocksucker who keep praising him hahahahahha

saazbaum's mech is very cool, i want to buy the plamo MG 1/100 XD
i hope princess ass and inaho died for real.... but protagonist for season 2? slaine ALONE isnt that interesting imo.

probably ended up like gundam seed, jesus yamato (now inaho) saved from obvious death with "whatever magic" and given freedom gundam later on -_-

previous score 6/10, now 7.5/10 thx to this episode
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro

Jul 2014
I hope they stay dead. I hope Slaine dies. I hope everyone else dies. I hope they all stay dead.
can't wait for season 2 to witness either the ultimate asspull or the worst thing ever.

Jan 2014
I begin to dislike Slaine.

If he takes the body of Asseylum away and keep it in some kind of test tube as a big doll, I will disgust him...
Sep 20, 2014 11:21 AM
Mar 2013
Blazebolt7 said:
Naga_Sage said:

It doesn't really make sense to be honest. How can you quantify some school kid outsmarting and owning trained military soldiers and fucking space knights with alien robot suits.

They have special powers in both of those animes which allows them to be overpowered. Inaho is just a regular school kid with no real experience... so why are the professionals ALL useless? Some scrub beats up everyone, then gets killed by another scrub (Slaine)...
Jul 2014
i'm willing to beat the princess didn't died but i don't know what to say about inaho holy shit this episode was dope

Apr 2008
LucinaXAvatar said:
Darklight0303 said:

He had NO BLOODY EXCUSE TO SAVE SAZBAUM. NONE.

You also couldn't be more wrong about Underdogs. You know who were the underdogs in this war technologically? EARTHLINGS. Inaho was the only equalizer they had until the ship was uncovered.

SLaine was not an underdog. He was an obsessed idiot to the very end

Not really, Slaine had enemies on all sides, no one he could trust. So pretty much an underdog in my opinion. The earthlings are just idiots, I could see some very flawed logic in their tactics and strategy.
As for saving Saazbaum, well... he had been shot down by Inaho before and between saving the life of a superior officer, who currently didn't have any intent in kill him, or the life of an enemy who betrayed him.
And about the princess, how the hell was he supposed to know that the princess was there?! He wasn't in on the whole "shut down the core of the fortress" plan.

....please tell me you don't seriously believe your words.

A SUPERIOR OFFICER WHO WANTS TO KILL HIS PRECIOUS PRINCESS!!!! YOU DON'T SAVE THAT KIND OF PERSON. YOU WAIT TILL HE'S DEAD AND THEN KILL THE HUMAN WHO SHOT YOU DOWN IN THE PAST

Jul 2010
O.o Inaho and Asseylum's whereabouts are unknown. The slightest hope for them to be alive.
Inaho fighting the Count 1vs1 and winning from it.
So this was the role of Slaine... to cause Asseylum to be shot at and shooting Inaho himself.
Saving the Count then killing him after the Count shot Asseylum >.>
I liked the fight at around the middle when the music cuts win. I had always thought that Slaine would somehow help Asseylum but it just never happened.
Asseylum managing to shut down the Aldnoah drive, those Kataphrakt coming through the wall... thought that was the dangerous moment.
It was somewhat romantic that a heavily injured Inaho crawling to the princess with those flashbacks of the time they shared :(
Slaine... what have you done?
The war ending with Earth winning as the castle is defeated.

May 2012
ninjastarforcex said:
*i want to see more comment from urobuchi cocksucker who keep praising him hahahahahha

saazbaum's mech is very cool, i want to buy the plamo MG 1/100 XD
i hope princess ass and inaho died for real.... but protagonist for season 2? slaine ALONE isnt that interesting imo.

probably ended up like gundam seed, jesus yamato (now inaho) saved from obvious death with "whatever magic" and given freedom gundam later on -_-

previous score 6/10, now 7.5/10 thx to this episode

Fucking shit, I hope there won't be any jesus on season 2.
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Sep 20, 2014 11:22 AM

Apr 2014
I haven't watched the last two episodes... don't like to be trolled...

Anyhow, the princess can change appearance somehow, obviously this thing must be used at least once in the anime? I thought the first time the princess died, that the red head would steal her appearance, but that didn't happen... but it must frikking happen at some point?
"Vivi, wait here and knit or something until we get back, okay?" - Cobra

Aug 2014
But guess I should write my opinion of the last episode.

>_>

<_<

Well this was exactly what I was expecting from Aldnoah... Well done.

And that is not compliment.

Guess I really don't have say anything else about the show.. Everything that I could point out have already been said...

Though the flashback Inaho had... Lol. I guess CPR mouth-to-mouth kiss is very romantic. What was with the mood there... xD
May 2012
Blazebolt7 said:

I'm tired of you saying DN over and over again.
But yeah, a kid outsmarting every single creature in the Universe is fcking annoying.

Jul 2013
i bet they are gonna pull an code geass R2 on us

next season inho lives with rayet as his litlle sister
slaine becomes the emperor of vers
the princess.. is prob dead :(
Imagine books and music and movies being filtered and homogenized. Certified. Approved for consumption. People will be happy to give up most of their culture for the assurance that the tiny bit that comes through is safe and clean. White noise.

--Chuck Palahniuk

Sep 20, 2014 11:23 AM

Nov 2012
LucinaXAvatar said:
I know I am going to get a lot of flak from the inaho fans, but I am glad slaine shot him in the head. He was pissing me off with always having the solution to every fucking problem.

I would love it if Slaine turns into a colder, less naive person from this experience. Then in season 2 he interferes in every battlefield and slaughters everyone he comes across

i dont want him to turn into character worse than shinn asuka
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Sep 20, 2014 11:24 AM

Jun 2014
Naga_Sage said:
Blazebolt7 said:

They have special powers in both of those animes which allows them to be overpowered. Inaho is just a regular school kid with no real experience... so why are the professionals ALL useless? Some scrub beats up everyone, then gets killed by another scrub (Slaine)...

Well, It is called Tactical Advantage, if you see each episode closely you can say, he did not use a magic wand. he is go higher intelligence than others, same with Code Geass and Death Note they possessed higher knowledge first than their supernatural element..
Sep 20, 2014 11:24 AM

Mar 2011
it's weird to picture Asseylum and Inaho dead if they plan on continuing the series. there aren't exactly any other candidates for a protagonist.

...then again they were kind of shot in the head, lol.
Sep 20, 2014 11:25 AM

Sep 2014
I wonder how they want to continue the Story in the next Season with 2/3 of the cast dead (?). And i still miss a general direction of the story.
May 2012
ofc they're not dead...whereabouts unknown...
asspull incoming...

Jun 2014
mariansony said:
Blazebolt7 said:

I'm tired of you saying DN over and over again.
But yeah, a kid outsmarting every single creature in the Universe is fcking annoying.

Blazebolt7 said:
Well, It is called Tactical Advantage, if you see each episode closely you can say, he did not use a magic wand. he is go higher intelligence than others, same with Code Geass and Death Note they possessed higher knowledge first than their supernatural element..
Sep 20, 2014 11:26 AM
Feb 2014
Darklight0303 said:
LucinaXAvatar said:

Not really, Slaine had enemies on all sides, no one he could trust. So pretty much an underdog in my opinion. The earthlings are just idiots, I could see some very flawed logic in their tactics and strategy.

A SUPERIOR OFFICER WHO WANTS TO KILL HIS PRECIOUS PRINCESS!!!! YOU DON'T SAVE THAT KIND OF PERSON. YOU WAIT TILL HE'S DEAD AND THEN KILL THE HUMAN WHO SHOT YOU DOWN IN THE PAST

Dude, let me say it again.
HOW THE HELL WAS HE SUPPOSED TO KNOW THE PRINCESS WAS THERE?!

Jan 2014
Some people actually believed Inaho and the Princess died? Don't give your hopes up so quickly, hopefully it's as enjoyable as this season.
Mar 2013
Plot twist: those were all holograms and we are back to the training room in the first episode

May 2012
Not sure saazbaum or dark souls 2 boss fight
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Sep 20, 2014 11:27 AM

Jul 2014
This episode exceed my wildest expectations. I laughed my ass off all throughout the episode. I can only describe this episode as a massive train wreck that reaches Valvrave levels of silliness. Great episode 10 no 20/10 for being stupid fun.
Sep 20, 2014 11:28 AM

Apr 2008
LucinaXAvatar said:
Darklight0303 said:

It doesn't fuckin matter. Let me spell it out for you.

He knows Sazbaum wants to kill the princess. He knows Sazbaum has a super powered Kat. He walks in just in time to see Sazbaum get taken out by a battered Orange. In that kind of situation you do not fucking attack Orange. You let Orange Kill Sazbaum and then you kill Orange.

Slaine is a moron and there is nothing you can bring to the table to prove otherwise. It doesn't matter if the princess was there or not. He wasted the PERFECT opportunity to eliminate all of the problems in his way and instead he got his princess killed because of being a retard.
Sep 20, 2014 11:28 AM
May 2012
Blazebolt7 said:

Blazebolt7 said:

In both DN and CG protagonists were outsmarted by the antagonist's/villains and vice versa. In this one, Inaho was fcking invincible, no matter you say.
Sep 20, 2014 11:29 AM

Dec 2012
HOLY
SHIT
10/10
Sep 20, 2014 11:29 AM

Jul 2014
Geddoh said:
Great episode 10 no 20/10 for being stupid.

Ikr
Sep 20, 2014 11:30 AM
Mar 2013
Killing people off one by one.

It's going to be extremely lame if they are not dead. I mean what would be the point in making us think they are dead? Really....

They should stay dead to give this show something better than the rest this season. Its nice to have a hero and all, but let this should be the end of the princess and inaho.

Do people even have the courage to kill of MCs anymore? Hopefully AZ can stick to it.

And if Slain is the main character I wouldnt mind. If he uses his anger towards the martians that would be nice. Something alone the lines of genocide.

But then again its anime and we all know people get butthurt if a MC dies (not that I dont sometimes) but what was special about inaho anyway? I didnt see any likable characteristics in the guy. He had absolutely no charisma at all. Or maybe his charisma was no charisma?

But whatver season 2 will be either a surprise or a letdown.
Sep 20, 2014 11:31 AM

Jun 2014
mariansony said:
Blazebolt7 said:

In both DN and CG protagonists were outsmarted by the antagonist's/villains and vice versa. In this one, Inaho was fcking invincible, no matter you say.

Ah! Well fuck it, it won't matter whatever I say, so i won't say shit.

And all of them are/were my opinion so there you go. and also respect your opinions(don't want too, but can't change other people mind)

Same with me, i won't back down from what i said
Sep 20, 2014 11:33 AM
May 2012
Blazebolt7 said:

And all of them are/were my opinion so there you go. and also respect your opinions(don't want too, but can't change other people mind)

ok xD
also...I sure hope they're dead...:(
Sep 20, 2014 11:34 AM

Apr 2014
If there is one thing this series did: every episode ended on a high note and made you want more! SEASON TWO STARTS JANUARY, CAN'T WAIT!!!
Sep 20, 2014 11:35 AM

Jun 2014
mariansony said:
Blazebolt7 said:

ok xD
also...I sure hope they're dead...:(

Well, it might be true, but it doesn't matter to me anymore. I gave up on the anime..

Beside the MC's death many other things were wrong in this anime, so i pretty much gave up on it in E8~9.

But I hope they'll get their shit together but, NOPE! :P
Sep 20, 2014 11:35 AM
Feb 2014
Darklight0303 said:
LucinaXAvatar said:

He knows Sazbaum wants to kill the princess. He knows Sazbaum has a super powered Kat. He walks in just in time to see Sazbaum get taken out by a battered Orange. In that kind of situation you do not fucking attack Orange. You let Orange Kill Sazbaum and then you kill Orange.

Slaine is a moron and there is nothing you can bring to the table to prove otherwise. It doesn't matter if the princess was there or not. He wasted the PERFECT opportunity to eliminate all of the problems in his way and instead he got his princess killed because of being a retard.

Sigh... let me spell out the logic i see for you.
It is true that he wasted a "perfect" opportunity as you as it.
But he was also concerned about the lives of the landing castle, as you can see from the scene in which the soldier who saved him from an earthling KAT. How do you think the landing castle would have handled the situation if the leader were to fall right there? From a grunt in orange? Morale would have plummeted, Many of the soldiers would die. He probably thought that since Saazbaum was in such a condition, he wouldn't be able to go after the princess and would have to retreat.
AND since he thought the princess was on the ship, he probably thought that he could take her away from the battlefield.
I don't blame Slaine for doing what he did, he was kept in the dark and had to act with limited information.
Sep 20, 2014 11:36 AM

Apr 2013
HOLY SHIT..........

was a great last episode, cannot wait for season 2

good choice only having the sound of the wind for the credits really added to what happend.

not sure what to say, people not actually dying happens way too often so who knows

i hope slaine dies the most painful miserable death in season 2

character design took some time to get used to but was not bad, music was fantastic, action scenes were pretty good, story is intersting overall a pretty good series. excited for what is to come

FUCK SLAINE

Jan 2014
I really didn't expect this to have such an ending.
A real ending, unlike some other series (khmm.. TG)
for which we have no sequel confirmed. I'm not sure
what's still left for the second cour, but I want January
to surprise me, so I won't think about it any more ;)
I loved this, btw. I really did. Can't wait for more ^__^

Jul 2009
9/10 for daring to be different in a rather cliche plot.
Sep 20, 2014 11:38 AM

Feb 2012
I love when a show has the balls to kill main characters.
I hate it when they do it for shock value only, which happened here.
Slaine's actions make no sense whatsoever. He saves Count weirdname when he knows perfectly all he wants is to kill the princess. Then he actually kills her thanks to Slaine, and he's mad that he killed her and tries to kill him. I mean what.
Also, he can mercilessly shoot someone who protects the princess (Inaho) but he can't kill the count, who killed the princess right in front of him?
I'm sorry, but either Slaine has some kind of mental disability or his actions make no sense whatsoever.

Apr 2008
LucinaXAvatar said:
Darklight0303 said:

Sigh... let me spell out the logic i see for you.
It is true that he wasted a "perfect" opportunity as you as it.
But he was also concerned about the lives of the landing castle, as you can see from the scene in which the soldier who saved him from an earthling KAT. How do you think the landing castle would have handled the situation if the leader were to fall right there? From a grunt in orange? Morale would have plummeted, Many of the soldiers would die. He probably thought that since Saazbaum was in such a condition, he wouldn't be able to go after the princess and would have to retreat.
AND since he thought the princess was on the ship, he probably thought that he could take her away from the battlefield.
I don't blame Slaine for doing what he did, he was kept in the dark and had to act with limited information.

....yeah you're clearly never going to see reason. Whatever. Go worship your walking disaster of a character. I look forward to his bloody demise in season 2. He's a rabid dog that should and will be put down
Jul 2013
LucinaXAvatar said:
Darklight0303 said:

She lives or Slaine is going to be the Mr. Freeze of season 2 who keeps the princess in suspended animation in some giant tube.

Instead you have a moron who designs his own destruction

Sigh, you obviously don't like watching underdogs in an plot. No one likes watching a Gary Stu.
In response to slaine plotting his own destruction... well I chalk it up to his inexperience and lack of information as to what the hell is going on. I personally find that his reactions are somewhat normal considering that they are in a battlefield. It is Inaho who is abnormal, no one can be that calm in any situation unless there is something wrong with their head. Which there is, he is a damn autistic.

Are unless they're stereotypical INTJs which Inaho can be considered.
Strategist0083Sep 20, 2014 11:43 AM

May 2013
Slain is such a useless character... beyond episode 1 he did nothing of real revelance other than to search for his "Hime-sama"... to then return on the last episode to fuck up just about everything possible in the shortest time possible.

He is not a tragic hero or anything, just useless and stupid. How can you save the guy who says to your face that he was the one behind the conspiracy to kill the princess... and then stand there with a suprised and confused face when he actually does shoot the princess. I mean, WHO WOULD'VE GUESSED?!

And then he gets to pilot the Helion to which he somehow teleports judging by the pacing and it just activates for no explained reason instead of Inaho who had everything he needed to pilot it (the skill and the princess to activate it)... and what did he manage to do so 'badass' with it? ...Crashing into Inaho to save the guy that wants to kill the one person he searched for the entire length of the anime. Good job, Slaine, you are probably one of the worst characters ever due to sheer incompetence and stupidness, there is not a single reason to show you any sympathy for what happened to... no, what you did, because this is entirely your doing and fault.
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master

Jul 2012
Kurobozu said:
i bet they are gonna pull an code geass R2 on us

next season inho lives with rayet as his litlle sister
slaine becomes the emperor of vers
the princess.. is prob dead :(

ROFL i laughed a little too hard at this
Sep 20, 2014 11:39 AM

Apr 2014
Well that was anticlimactic as fuck
Pages (43) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

719 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 1:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.