Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (43) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 20, 2014 10:59 AM

Oct 2008
Excelion1 said:
Either way, this show is going downhill if both are confirmed dead for part 2. Rayet ends up as main, and goes to avenge them and redeem herself and gains power, watch that happen!

It's the other way round mate, I swear if they are both alive and healthy in part 2 I'm going to flip some shit...

Jul 2007
Darklight0303 said:
A_Lonely_Jedi said:
Well, we didn't quite see a headshot on the princess, but Inaho... unlikely it isn't a headshot.

We did when her hood went up. It was definitely a headshot.

Except that the fact that there's no body is dead give-away she survived.

S2 would most likely be her vs Slaine, which I would not mind at all.

Still sure on the Inaho test tube baby theories so I would not be surprised if she finds a clone of him too. Or he will be somehow damaged and survive it cause lolgeneticallyengineeredhuman, but his tactical skills will be handicapped or most of first half of S2.

Nov 2012
wtf just happened

Nov 2013
Uh-Huh...

Apr 2008
Fai said:
Darklight0303 said:

We did when her hood went up. It was definitely a headshot.

Still sure on the Inaho test tube baby theories so I would not be surprised if she finds a clone of him too.

Or like I said, Slaine took her body away Ala Mister Freeze and will go full psycho next season on a warpath to destroy both mars and Earth as revenge
Sep 20, 2014 11:00 AM

Aug 2014
Darklight0303 said:
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
don't blame Slaine. In fact I was hoping he'd shoot Inaho as revenge for previously having been shot and left for dead by Inaho (which led to Slaine being captured and tortured)

He has no excuse for saving Sazbaum. That alone makes him not worth pity and only scorn

ok you are right,I dont know Why he saved Sazbaum.Slaine being able to use Cruhteo's Kat was a horrible piece of Deus Ex Machina writing too..

Feb 2012
All this show needs now is Vampires and a timeskip.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022

Jul 2007
Darklight0303 said:
Fai said:

Still sure on the Inaho test tube baby theories so I would not be surprised if she finds a clone of him too.

Or like I said, Slaine took her body away Ala Mister Freeze and will go full psycho next season on a warpath to destroy both mars and Earth as revenge

I would likely not want that happen since that's too much misogyny and ensures Princess does nothing again.

Either way I am now 100% sure the scene of her aiming gun will be at Slaine.
Sep 20, 2014 11:01 AM

May 2012
Slaine: literally the worst character in this show. Second worst being the boring sponge of a protagonist (and riddled with tons of plot armour), Inaho. Third worst being the infuriatingly naggy Yuki-bitch. Yuki-bitch served no real purpose in this show other than to constantly nag her boring brother.

Slaine, seriously man? You knew that Count Saaz-bozo-whoever was behind the plot to kill your beloved princess and you decide to fucking save him???

I haven't watched a show in a long while where all the major characters pissed me off so much.

Definitely not watching season 2.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Sep 20, 2014 11:01 AM

Apr 2008
Fai said:
Darklight0303 said:

I would likely not want that happen since that's too much misogyny and ensures Princess does nothing again.

Either way I am now 100% sure the scene of her aiming gun will be at Slaine.

True. Still it would fit in with Slaine's unhealthy obsession.
Sep 20, 2014 11:02 AM

Jun 2014
lightXTC said:
Slaine: literally the worst character in this show. Second worst being the boring sponge of a protagonist (and riddled with tons of plot armour), Inaho. Third worst being the infuriatingly naggy Yuki-bitch. Yuki-bitch served no real purpose in this show other than to constantly nag her boring brother.

Slaine, seriously man? You knew that Count Saaz-bozo-whoever was behind the plot to kill your beloved princess and you decide to fucking save him???

I haven't watched a show in a long while where all the major characters pissed me off so much.

Ha That's what I think, not going to watch S2.
Sep 20, 2014 11:03 AM

Nov 2012
FACK YOU SLAIN MOTHERFARDA!!DAMN IT ANOTHER CODE GEASS WHY ARE ANIMES ENDING LIKE THIS FIRST TOKYO GHOU NOW THIS?THIS HAS TO BE MY WORST YEAR FOR ANIME.I hope inaho survives and is anyone wondering why the mecha worked for the stupid slain?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Aug 2014
Darklight0303 said:
A_Lonely_Jedi said:
Same don't think they died just cause.

Headshots are lethal

Um... well technically not if they don't penetrate your skull. But well... that would be a miracle even in Aldnoah universe. ;)

It depends on the type of bullet, angle, speed and... well mostly about your luck, but it is possible to survive it.

Aug 2014
2.season

so the princess will kill Slaine(revenge) in the end like in the intro.f.ck me..
Sep 20, 2014 11:04 AM
Mar 2013
My first time writing on this forum and unfortunately it had to be a negative comment. So with such good animation quality and fight scenes they completely spoil the ending as if they just quit and gave up on the story. Due to the senseless ending, it has also made me more critical of the anime. You have professional military soldiers yet some school kid manages to outsmart everyone and keep saving the day? What a let down. So ya, shit story and cool animation.
Sep 20, 2014 11:05 AM

Apr 2008
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
2.season

so the princess will kill Slaine(revenge) in the end like in the intro.

That would be the best case scenario~
Sep 20, 2014 11:05 AM

Oct 2009
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
2.season

so the princess will kill Slaine(revenge) in the end like in the intro.

probably, no way that slaine survives this anime.
Sep 20, 2014 11:06 AM

Apr 2014
This is the first time in my whole life(!) that I got upset by a character death. I mean, usually I got sad but this time I got angry. Fuck Slaine.
your waifu is shit

Oct 2007
lightXTC said:

I don't know if they pissed me off but there's definitely nothing that stands out as especially interesting or likeable about them. The cast in this show just isn't very good and kind of all over the place in terms of development if they get much of any at all hence why the conflict kind of falls flat in a lot of cases. I feel like I'm supposed to know what some of the things they were talking about in the end were about there, particularly Sauzbaum and Inaho but I really truly don't. I also really just don't understand the beef between Slaine and Inaho or why it is they have the views of each other they do and take the actions against each other that they do with this whole gun pointing who fires first thing that keeps coming up whenever they encounter one another on the battlefield. They've also played the Asseylum dies card like twice now so I don't know, maybe the writer really doesn't know how to pace the show or write about much else really.
Sep 2014
I made an account just to reply to this board.

No offense, but you guys are all very bad at analyzing whats going on. (Tbh im appalled as to how no one has figured this basic information)

Judging by the trajectory of the bullets path and where it hit the princess, it missed her heart. The most that bullet would have done is perforate her lung. Which IS SURVIVABLE.

I'm not sure what significance it had by Count Saazbaum poking at his own head(it could've been, finish the job slaine. Kil me now" or maybe this detail was to signify something about either Inaho or the Princess"

Also,
Did seirously no one mention the activation of the princesses helmet/vanguard? NOONE?

If you watch carefully, she ACTIVATED IT by flickering the button. SHE PREVENTED THE HEADSHOT. She is ALIVE. There are so many significant details you guys missed out on. The bullet went through her suit's vanguard. As you can see when she was laying down, all the blood was pooling towards from where she was shot on the right side of her chest. It was pouring down to her head area to make it seem like the bullet went through her head. It was only pouring to that area due to the angle her upper body was lying on.

As for Inaho, I'm not sure if he's alive. It appears the bullet had went thorugh his skull, but I am unsure if it has made contact with his brain. However the skull would vibrate at highspeeds due to the impact of the bullet, causing some severe brain damage. He could survive that as well, but would require ER immediately. Either that, or they pull some random technology from aldnoah. You have to notice they didnt mention the death of Inaho. Or Count Saazhbaum. NO ONE KNOWS WHAT OCCURED IN THAT ROOM ASIDE FROM THAT 4. Slaine could've taken the princess and the Count with him, or a 3rd party could have intervened as well, and taken the princess. Hell, maybe Count Cruhteo came back. I don't know. All i nkow is

The princess is alive, and inaho MAY be alive. Even Count saazhbaum may be alive(however i doubt this).

What i do know, is the martians are very unlikely to see Slaine as an enemy. This applies to both the Terrans as well.

Those are just my two cents..
Sep 20, 2014 11:07 AM
May 2014
Slaine one of the worst characters, ever. Stale and uninteresting as fuck.
Sep 20, 2014 11:07 AM

Apr 2008
NoobsSTupid said:

No offense, but you guys are all very bad at analyzing whats going on. (Tbh im appalled as to how no one has figured this basic information)

Judging by the trajectory of the bullets path and where it hit the princess, it missed her heart. The most that bullet would have done is perforate her lung. Which IS SURVIVABLE.

I'm not sure what significance it had by Count Saazbaum poking at his own head(it could've been, finish the job slaine. Kil me now" or maybe this detail was to signify something about either Inaho or the Princess"

Also,
Did seirously no one mention the activation of the princesses helmet/vanguard? NOONE?

If you watch carefully, she ACTIVATED IT by flickering the button. SHE PREVENTED THE HEADSHOT. She is ALIVE. There are so many significant details you guys missed out on. The bullet went through her suit's vanguard. As you can see when she was laying down, all the blood was pooling towards from where she was shot on the right side of her chest. It was pouring down to her head area to make it seem like the bullet went through her head. It was only pouring to that area due to the angle her upper body was lying on.

As for Inaho, I'm not sure if he's alive. It appears the bullet had went thorugh his skull, but I am unsure if it has made contact with his brain. However the skull would vibrate at highspeeds due to the impact of the bullet, causing some severe brain damage. He could survive that as well, but would require ER immediately. Either that, or they pull some random technology from aldnoah. You have to notice they didnt mention the death of Inaho. Or Count Saazhbaum. NO ONE KNOWS WHAT OCCURED IN THAT ROOM ASIDE FROM THAT 4. Slaine could've taken the princess and the Count with him, or a 3rd party could have intervened as well, and taken the princess. Hell, maybe Count Cruhteo came back. I don't know. All i nkow is

The princess is alive, and inaho MAY be alive. Even Count saazhbaum may be alive(however i doubt this).

What i do know, is the martians are very unlikely to see Slaine as an enemy. This applies to both the Terrans as well.

She was shot more than once....you realy weren't paying attention. Also there was a pool of blood around her head. Are you bloody blind?
Sep 20, 2014 11:08 AM
Jul 2018
The Princess got killed by Saazbaum. Slaine killed Inaho.
Feb 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Shaniyaz said:
Inaho had quite some difficulties facing Saazbaum. His transformed Kataphrakt was badass though!
Once again, cool Inaho finds a flaw in the Martian technology and aims at it to take Saazbaum down.

What the hell was Slaine doing!? Until the very end, it was unclear what his motive was. Saved Saazbaum from Inaho just to see him killing Asseylum right in front of him. Serves him right though!
Also, why must Inaho point his gun at Slaine when he was about to collapse anyways? Was he offended that Slaine told him not to touch Asseylum? Probably.
Perhaps, Slaine should've killed himself too. That would've been great.~ XD

Anticlimactic ending to end the first season. End remark stated that Asseylum's whereabouts are unknown. I take it that she lives?

She lives or Slaine is going to be the Mr. Freeze of season 2 who keeps the princess in suspended animation in some giant tube.

TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
well at least Slaine killed the bot Inaho.No more Mary Sue this time

Instead you have a moron who designs his own destruction

Sigh, you obviously don't like watching underdogs in an plot. No one likes watching a Gary Stu.
In response to slaine plotting his own destruction... well I chalk it up to his inexperience and lack of information as to what the hell is going on. I personally find that his reactions are somewhat normal considering that they are in a battlefield. It is Inaho who is abnormal, no one can be that calm in any situation unless there is something wrong with their head. Which there is, he is a damn autistic.
ARandomBystanderSep 20, 2014 11:11 AM

Sep 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:

I don't know if they pissed me off but there's definitely nothing that stands out as especially interesting or likeable about them. The cast in this show just isn't very good and kind of all over the place in terms of development if they get much of any at all hence why the conflict kind of falls flat in a lot of cases. I feel like I'm supposed to know what some of the things they were talking about in the end were about there, particularly Sauzbaum and Inaho but I really truly don't.

The thing is, it really feels like the writers realized they didn't plan any of this so they just decided to erase everything from this series and start from scratch in the 2nd half. There is no real closure at all either, it's just a cliffhanger. The Princess was shown with a bullet in her back and it was angled in such a way that it looked like she was shot in the head. If she DID survive it, it would be tricking the viewer.

Saazbaum could have very well survived I guess but why wouldn't Slaine kill him yet kill Inaho who was trying to save the Princess!? THIS MAKES NO SENSE!

Whatever. This just solidified that I am not watching the 2nd half.

May 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
lightXTC said:

I don't know if they pissed me off but there's definitely nothing that stands out as especially interesting or likeable about them. The cast in this show just isn't very good and kind of all over the place in terms of development if they get much of any at all hence why the conflict kind of falls flat in a lot of cases. I feel like I'm supposed to know what some of the things they were talking about in the end were about there, particularly Sauzbaum and Inaho but I really truly don't. I also really just don't understand the beef between Slaine and Inaho or why it is they have the views of each other they do and take the actions against each other that they do with this whole gun pointing who fires first thing that keeps coming up whenever they encounter one another on the battlefield.

Relax dweeb, this anime pissed u off since ep1/2.
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told

Sep 2008
I don't understand there was some romance between InahoxPrincess
and I missed hints?

I don't want Inaho to die!
I want Princess to stay dead in second season...
and I don't want InahoxPrincess romance,
please don't hurt Slaine more...

Kinda feel bad for this guy...
Sep 20, 2014 11:09 AM

Feb 2012
Naga_Sage said:
My first time writing on this forum and unfortunately it had to be a negative comment. So with such good animation quality and fight scenes they completely spoil the ending as if they just quit and gave up on the story. Due to the senseless ending, it has also made me more critical of the anime. You have professional military soldiers yet some school kid manages to outsmart everyone and keep saving the day? What a let down. So ya, shit story and cool animation.
"good animation" lol

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Sep 20, 2014 11:10 AM

Nov 2012
Oh. They died. F*ck Slaine, I didn't like him from the start.
Too bad, I liked Inaho. Mostly :).

I guess there's still hope for princess with her missing and pointing a gun in OP(I hope it would be Slaiine)

8/10 for this season for me. Had good style, nice battles, good music and all.
I don't wanna see Slaine in the sequiel without Inaho, but if he dies a bad death it would be nice anyway. Lol, kidding. We'll see.

Jan 2014
It's obvious that none of the 2 are dead. It's anime, for Christ sake. Honestly I am more concerned about competence of this show's writers now.

May 2007
Anybody, it certainly does look like they are dead. I think Inaho might survive this whilst the Princess remains dead or could be the other way round. However, the most popular theory on the outcome is of course is that they are both alive but are "out-of-action" for some months whilst Slaine becomes an Orbital Knight whilst doing questionable things like keeping the Princess' body hidden.

I told Yaya about my thoughts of Slaine actually being the sister of the Princess and more evidence was given to that theory after he was able to start the Aldnoah drive of that Kataphract. Another possible theory is that Slaine's father and the Hime's grandfather were both given the ability to control and start up the Aldnoah drive. However, I like the whole Slain and the Princess being brother and sister because that sort of reminds me of Leia and Luke Skywalker.

Slaine annoyingly reminds me of Suzaku from Code Geass.

Marito's memories and Orlane, didn't end up playing any part in this season...maybe in the next one. I'm still wondering who the suppose disheveled and older version of Orlane is. ;)

Overall the first season for me was quite enjoyable but weird at times. I'm giving it a solid 8/10, I really enjoyed the Aliez ED and a few tracks from the OST like "BRE@TH//LESS".

Apr 2008
LucinaXAvatar said:
Darklight0303 said:

She lives or Slaine is going to be the Mr. Freeze of season 2 who keeps the princess in suspended animation in some giant tube.

Instead you have a moron who designs his own destruction

Sigh, you obviously don't like watching underdogs in an plot. No one likes watching a Gary Stu.
In response to saline plotting his own destruction... well I chalk it up to his inexperience and lack of information as to what the hell is going on. I personally find that his reactions are somewhat normal considering that they are in a battlefield. It is Inaho who is abnormal, no one can be that calm in any situation unless there is something wrong with their head. Which there is, he is a damn autistic.

He had NO BLOODY EXCUSE TO SAVE SAZBAUM. NONE.

You also couldn't be more wrong about Underdogs. You know who were the underdogs in this war technologically? EARTHLINGS. Inaho was the only equalizer they had until the ship was uncovered.

SLaine was not an underdog. He was an obsessed idiot to the very end
May 2012
well my rating went from 6 to 8 because of the ending
Inaho shot? multiple times? good job
Princess shot? multiple times? good job xD

They were fcking annoying...Inaho having solutions for all problems every fcking scene was unbearable...

A 2nd season? that's the worst news for me

It's my opinion so don't try to judge me
Sep 20, 2014 11:11 AM

Jan 2013
Yes I am mad.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Sep 20, 2014 11:12 AM
Apr 2014
NoobsSTupid said:

Also,

Still shit ending. Totally shit ending. Worse than School Days ending. So bad ending. Horrible ending.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Sep 20, 2014 11:12 AM

May 2012
Primus2x said:
Naga_Sage said:
"good animation" lol

definitely better than MSG lego boxes
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Sep 20, 2014 11:13 AM
Jul 2012
K deleted every anime off of my favorites. That was great.

Jun 2013
HOLY FUCKING SHIT! LOVED THIS EPISODE.

The rest of the show was pretty meh tho.

Feb 2014
This episode was freaking awesome, jesus, everyone died.
The second part in January, if they do it like this it will be good.
Tokyo Ghoul and now Aldnoah.Zero, January is looking good.

Jun 2014
mariansony said:
well my rating went from 6 to 8 because of the ending
Inaho shot? multiple times? good job
Princess shot? multiple times? good job xD

They were fcking annoying...Inaho having solutions for all problems every fcking scene was unbearable...

A 2nd season? that's the worst news for me

It's my opinion so don't try to judge me

Princess shot? good for me.
Inaho shot? nope i hate it.
"Inaho having solutions for all problems every fcking scene was unbearable..."

But Vers Empire's Aldnoah drive is OP as fuck, that is okay?
Jan 2014
Idk, Slaine probably got jealous of Inaho's little moment with the princess.
Jul 2012
M guess fo the plot of the season is a reboot of serie 1 from nother prospective? or a fuck with slaine main ch
Sep 20, 2014 11:14 AM

Aug 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Also there was a pool of blood around her head. Are you bloody blind?

To be clear, I'm not thinking that they survived at this point. But even non-lethal (and not serious) head wounds can bleed very much.

But even more miraculous survivals aren't unheard in anime world.

Sep 2014
I doubt that both are Dead. Would be problematic in the next Season with 2/3 of the Maincast Dead.

Aug 2007
The hell? I was content with like the whole episode for a while. Nice to see the 'final boss' mech be all the things they face during the whole war. Though the last bit the hell? Seriously they really killed off both mains. I don't mind if they do but it just felt stupid. I'm already waiting for an asspull. What's the 2nd season going to be about now? Slaine going to be facing the terrans now?

Sent with Mal Updater
Sep 20, 2014 11:15 AM

Dec 2008
I haven't read the manga and I have to say how the fuck does one go about reconstructing it after killing both MC's just WTF.

Really there I was thinking on some epic season 2 with Inaho going all out on Vers but hell you just killed him WTF.

Not so surprise the princess died but WTF you killed Inaho what is left of it now?

Slaine is one fu*** up kid that never got to lick his own candy, enough said.
namedriskSep 20, 2014 11:18 AM

Jul 2013
YAY
NO MORE INAHO
Too bad it's the end of the god damn season. This might have been a lot better if it was done a whole lot earlier.
May 2012
Blazebolt7 said:

But Vers Empire's Aldnoah drive is OP as fuck, that is okay?

Inaho would find 6765765745454654 openings
Mar 2013
l3eifong said:
It's obvious that none of the 2 are dead. It's anime, for Christ sake. Honestly I am more concerned about competence of this show's writers now.

It doesn't really make sense to be honest. How can you quantify some school kid outsmarting and owning trained military soldiers and fucking space knights with alien robot suits.

Oct 2009
Both the protagonists are "dead", interesting way to finish the first season.

Now I really want to see what they will invent.
Pages (43) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

719 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 1:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.