Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 24, 2014 11:23 PM
Jun 2014
;^; There goes one of my favorite anime of the season.
Aaahh so cool ><
I really enjoyed this series from beginning to end, and I'm glad I gave it a try.

My First Story rocks! I love the ed song <3

Second season yes?
Sep 25, 2014 12:58 AM
Dec 2013
Really enjoyed the show.

I just wish I saw more development between Saburo and Kichou.
Sep 25, 2014 1:07 AM

Dec 2009
This might be the first "Watch the J Drama" ending I've seen.
Sep 25, 2014 9:10 AM

May 2011
Woah, so many time slipping characters. But how nice it is that Saburo is present for these people to connect to. I'm glad the real Nobunaga learned the truth of where Saburo came from and has reached his peace with that.
Sep 25, 2014 11:05 AM

Jun 2012
Good anime, I picked it up with 0 expectations and I really enjoyed it.
The animation was a bit weird, but like Aoki Hagane or Sidonia no Kishi, you can get used to it easily.
I'm sad it ends like this but well, manga's still ongoing. There's at least chances for a 2nd season :P

Meanwhile... enjoy :3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Equq_S0zW-g
Sep 25, 2014 12:25 PM
Jan 2011
One of the most underrated anime of the season.
Sep 25, 2014 1:26 PM
Dec 2010
What a shame to end this so soon... it could go on for another full season easily. However looking at how they finished it, it's probably definite end with no continuation planned :/
Sep 25, 2014 2:06 PM
Jun 2013
So far this is my favorite show of 2014. I would love to see another season.
Sep 25, 2014 3:53 PM
Jan 2011
Do anyone else noticed how through the series the scene in the ED showing the army Nobunaga was fighting against changed according to who the enemy was at the moment?. And not only that, in this episode that army was Toyotomi's
Sep 25, 2014 4:11 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
nachtSchwert said:
Do anyone else noticed how through the series the scene in the ED showing the army Nobunaga was fighting against changed according to who the enemy was at the moment?. And not only that, in this episode that army was Toyotomi's

Dang nice catch! I just went back and looked at the EDs and saw the different crests on the banners. It only shows up briefly so I never really noticed.

Which reminds me, I like how in this last ED they showed all the retainers, they all looked so cool.
Sep 25, 2014 4:34 PM

Aug 2014
nachtSchwert said:
And not only that, in this episode that army was Toyotomi's

Interesting. A hint at later development? Anyway, where does that gourd kamon originate from? I found the story it's based on, but never any historical record of the actual symbol. Probably just an interpretation based off the story, as they needed a crest for Hideyoshi before the paulownia.

Fuck, this needs more season. Or some translation group to pick up the manga.
Sieg Zeon!
Sep 25, 2014 8:32 PM

May 2013
Loved it! The ED was hot, nice relationship developments between Saburo, Kichou, and Mitsuhide, but Young's intro seemed a bit out of place--

There better be a season 2, I'm really sad the anime's finished.
Sep 26, 2014 3:23 AM

Dec 2012
I hope we'll have OVA at least, with an awesome finale and such :) The anime deserves it and we deserve it, so yeah!
Sep 26, 2014 6:05 AM

May 2010
It was good but REALLY FRUSTRATING ! ! I wanna see more !

The line at the end was nice when Mitsuhide said "Saburo, I will live for you alone". What does that mean ? A Chemistry between them ? Nah, I was just joking . Maybe that's an Oath for Loyalty ?
Sep 26, 2014 8:42 AM

Jan 2014
Realllly hope this isn't the end of everything lol
Such a cool chill series
Making an all-knowing face, the crow stares down at the plight of humanity.
Sep 27, 2014 1:28 AM

Jun 2014
unfortunately this anime is only ten episodes, hopefully there will be a second session.
I still curious about which side Hashiba now? Nobunaga or still with Imagawa Yoshimoto?
and Nagahide Niwa steal my attention hahaha
9/10 for this series.
Sep 27, 2014 9:08 AM

Jul 2010
I really enjoyed this show, strangely.
It had this alluring simplicity to it, and was rather relaxing.
It never tried to take itself too seriously.

I doubt a second season but I wish.
7/10
Sep 27, 2014 3:06 PM
Jul 2014
Beautiful ost, plot, characters and an interesting depiction and atmosphere of the warring states period. Comedy, tragedy and the like were equally balanced and made this show enjoyable to watch. I didn't expect anything when picking it up, but now I'm glad that I watched this.

Definitely watching the ova afterwards. Might check out the j-drama as well. Fervently hoping for a second season, as it still has plenty of potential 8/10
Sep 27, 2014 3:13 PM

Apr 2012
fishergirl16 said:
I'm convinced it's just a split cour personally, because of the ending sentence "the real concerto of the Nobunagas has just begun", and because no Japanese in his right mind would do an anime about historical Nobu without the Honnouji incident.
Sep 27, 2014 4:18 PM

Oct 2011
Wonderful series... can't believe I almost missed out on it.
Sep 28, 2014 12:31 AM

Aug 2009
The final scenes hit me like a truck. "Oda Nobunaga" does not exist anymore, or rather he's made up of two people who essentially live for each other. Saburo was right with his "heavy" comment and the ending lyrics certainly did not help me recover from that... declaration of devotion.

Somebody please pick up the manga, it's just as good!
Sep 28, 2014 2:05 AM

Nov 2013
So this started with score 6,79 and rank 3861 and now it´s 7,86 with rank 686. Wow, this kinda makes me happy as i thought it was underrated. Also, 2nd season when?
You all need to watch Nami.

Sep 28, 2014 7:41 PM

Dec 2009
zellami said:
I hope we'll have OVA at least, with an awesome finale and such :) The anime deserves it and we deserve it, so yeah!

There's an OVA that was released recently.

EratiK said:
fishergirl16 said:
I'm convinced it's just a split cour personally, because of the ending sentence "the real concerto of the Nobunagas has just begun", and because no Japanese in his right mind would do an anime about historical Nobu without the Honnouji incident.

That statement could simply mean "Watch the live action." Since that seems to be their big cash cow with a two cour series and movie planned as well as having Japanese A-Lister Shun Oguri in the lead role. Also Shun Oguri was the narrator for the anime.
Sep 29, 2014 1:08 AM

May 2007
This is a copy-paste comment I made at FTV ( http://boards.fansub.tv/?showtopic=1183&st=1740&#entry325008 ), I just wanted to post my 2-cents here at MAL:-

I marathoned Nobunaga Concerto and I am so happy I did, it was really good and I love how they depict many of the events that took place during Nobunaga participation in the Sengoku periods. The anime was smooth and moved the story at a ferocious pace, which is making me wonder how the anime will compare to the manga, which has 10 volumes to it's name right now.

I'll definitely recommend this anime because not only is it very entertaining and fluid but it also serves to be quite educational as well as intriguing because there are characters that seem shady but in real life end up being "good guys" and characters who seemed good apparently becoming an awful "enemy".

I love this show and I will definitely be checking out the Nobunaga Concerto live-action TV series and movie. I'm awarding the anime a 9/10, don't be fazed by the animation it's actually quite good to be honest and I hope it gets a 2nd season.
Sep 29, 2014 2:44 PM

Jan 2013
Season 2 please!!

Such a great anime for me.The characters were quite likeable and interesting. The overall atmosphere was nice and the art of the characters was alright too. Absolutely loved the background animation, gives out such a nice feeling.

8/10. Enjoyed it to the maximum.
Sep 30, 2014 10:18 AM

Jun 2012
7/10

Nobunaga Concerto was surprisingly a really good anime. I usually don't like historical things. Saburou is one of my favourite characters from this season. I'm looking forward to the drama with Shun Oguri a lot now! :)
N☆ 

Oct 1, 2014 12:44 AM

Jan 2011
Ranoom said:
well the last few eps kinda ruined it for me... 6/10.... and i swear is the original Oda gonna kill saburo>? he was like [spoiler] I'll take that name and stuff

well since it's somewhat going by real history... yes... he will. eventually. i'm not sure how they will play that out in the anime, maybe he will send him back to the current time, who knows... ><

Oct 1, 2014 12:46 AM

Jan 2011
Kiseki-Aoi said:
It was good but REALLY FRUSTRATING ! ! I wanna see more !

The line at the end was nice when Mitsuhide said "Saburo, I will live for you alone". What does that mean ? A Chemistry between them ? Nah, I was just joking . Maybe that's an Oath for Loyalty ?

the fujoshi in me squeals =D

but yeah.. really... this anime was surprisingly amazing. i only watched cuz of Miyano, but man... it turned into something riveting and exciting and I looked forward to each ep! it was humorous and entertaining to watch. i really hope there's more to come!!!

Oct 1, 2014 2:41 AM

Oct 2009
even after i know the spoiler, i still enjoy the show...

this is simply amazing
Oct 1, 2014 5:13 AM

Jun 2011
Not sure what kind of ending this is, they didn't even end the arc. Rushed and disjointed adaption, I don't even know what some things are even supposed to mean, but I will check out the manga.

"It's a black dude."

It's sad that I couldn't appreciate this anime as much as most of the people here. The OST is pretty decent I'll give it that.

Iirc the event that took place in this episode also happened in the 9th episode of Oda Nobuna no Yabou.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 1, 2014 4:57 PM

Feb 2010
What a letdown for a last episode. It was an 8 now its a 7.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Oct 2, 2014 12:40 AM

Dec 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nokr9-VNVsE

So according to the trailer Season 1 of the J Drama is looking like it'll be really focused on the early parts of the manga, with Saburo adjusting to Sengoku life and still frequently using his present day tech and clothes.

So it isn't picking up from where the anime left off
Oct 2, 2014 12:14 PM

Jan 2011
> Best show about Nobunaga
> Only 10 episodes
Japan surely knows how to be cruel. Still enjoyed this little masterpiece a lot. Ending song is forever on my playlist.

10/10
Oct 4, 2014 4:47 AM

Sep 2007
Season 2 when?

DoctorForHire said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nokr9-VNVsE

So according to the trailer Season 1 of the J Drama is looking like it'll be really focused on the early parts of the manga, with Saburo adjusting to Sengoku life and still frequently using his present day tech and clothes.

So it isn't picking up from where the anime left off

Do you have an alternate link for that? It isn't available in my country.
Oct 14, 2014 9:02 PM

Jul 2010
This little gem deserves a second season, really, I'd like to give it 9/10 but the unfinished ending was too painful. Probably gonna read the manga now to make me feel better. Anyway, this is probably one of the best shows about Nobunaga.
Oct 15, 2014 1:48 PM

May 2012
A bit sad about this too open ending but in general I quite liked this series, at first I was repelled by the 3D but I got used to it quite fast so it wasn't that huge of a problem than I first thought!

The story and concept sure developed pretty nicely but I do wonder if we'll ever see a second season to see what would happen next and if he evers finds a way back!

All in all a pretty good anime! 7/10
Oct 16, 2014 6:15 PM

Jul 2013
At first I was like "What? what do they mean by last year? another time skip?" and then it came to me that they were celebrating the new year.. so by last year they must've been talking about only a few days ago lmao!

"If you did not want to die, you should have never meddled in the wars of the samurai" True, that Mori's son. These filthy monks think they can do whatever they want because they serve Buddha. Serves them right

Moar! MOAR! why is it only 10 episodes anyway? this show is too good to only have such tiny amount of episodes. Damn I wonder if there will be a second season. But I'll read the manga for sure. I'll just wait until it's finished publishing.

8/10
Oct 19, 2014 7:57 AM
May 2012
That's racist!! Saying a black guy is a "oni" (devil) ahahaha.
Aw, that must have hurt :'( Kichou loves the Saburou Nobunaga, not the real Nobunaga. I hope that they will eventually reveal themselves to Kichou cause they are like, playing with her.
I thought Nobunaga will finally kill Saburou at the end. He was saying "I'll take that name" and shit. Maybe it means the other way.
They are monks, but they are playing with women =_= I think, they deserved that. Mori's son is right.
Well, the ending is..........fucking shit why only 10 episodes?!?! This Anime should have had 24+ episodes. It's not my time to finally watch some J-Dramas, yet. I will definitely read the Manga someday!! The OVA is not available, yet. I shall wait for it :3
Who would have thought that I will end up really enjoying this Anime. I was even supposed to watch this Anime someday. I am glad I watched it now. I got used to the animation. Well, it didn't bother me that much in the first place. Great music and voice acting, too. I really thought that Taka from One Ok Rock sang the ending song, but it turns out that the one who sang the ending song is his little brother. Damn, they both have an awesome voice. It was a great watch. I'll eventually learn more about Japanese History. Thank you ^^
Oct 23, 2014 5:33 AM

Jan 2008
I really enjoyed the story but it's pretty much japanese history which is interesting on it's own. Liked the music as well. Now the art was terrible and I was strugling the entire time. As for characters I pretty much liked every characters except for Saburo - he is a total fool and was annoying almost the entire time.
7/10
Nov 11, 2014 7:37 AM
Aug 2014
What is the name of the orchestrated piece at the end? It starts when they are at the camp, watching the temple burn.
Nov 12, 2014 7:00 AM
Feb 2013
What? It's over? i want to see more
Nov 25, 2014 11:46 PM
Jun 2012
The feeling you get when you finished an awesome Anime….This is it. Awesome. It needs more attention. It should be in like the top 200 and not in the 600s. Rated it 9 waiting for season 2 or ova
Jan 9, 2015 4:20 PM

Mar 2013
Quite a good show, even if not very good presented and the execution was a bit off (especially in the timeskips and it was cut short), it fullfilled it purpose of being edjucational and had way more realistic samurais in it, rather than those shit fake anime samurai with their ordinary shonen attitude and their colored fancy hair. The timetravel aspect was pretty unecessary. I kinda found it nice how the protagonist grow a little bit as a character and felt not that stupid at the end as he was at the start, but that was pretty unfocused (it was not really a character story anyways)

I even got used to the arstyle after a while. This anime is surely is under my top 5 anime of 2014.
Jan 13, 2015 6:46 AM

May 2013
Give second season.
Jan 14, 2015 11:49 PM

Dec 2013
I was relieved that they didn't rush the ending, but this calls for another season
Jan 24, 2015 10:46 PM

Aug 2009
ArchStello said:
What is the name of the orchestrated piece at the end? It starts when they are at the camp, watching the temple burn.

First song here.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm25398642 (Or here.)
Jan 24, 2015 10:55 PM

Jul 2012
Cheeeeeeese said:
Give second season.

#pray
Jan 27, 2015 10:48 AM

Jan 2013
The only CGI show I liked. Second season pls
Feb 1, 2015 4:55 PM

Nov 2014
I enjoyed this anime quite a lot, but I'm thorn whether to give a 8 or a 9 score. It had an interesting blend of comedy and drama in it, but the latter episodes seemed to have more of a drama and very little episode.

I liked the idea, actually, I can't say that I like it, because it already happened that the real Nobunaga took such a risk to try to unify the whole of Japan. It looks/seems(not that it means he took that inspiration from Cesare Borgia, but both had similar intentions) like he drew inspiration from Cesare Borgia, who also wanted to unify the whole of Italy.
ourielFeb 1, 2015 5:08 PM
Feb 16, 2015 4:52 PM

Sep 2013
Second season when?

Thanks.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nobunaga Concerto Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2014

49 by erenmeii »»
Dec 5, 2021 9:06 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga Concerto Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2014

51 by erenmeii »»
Dec 5, 2021 9:05 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga Concerto Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2014

117 by Kristiwazhere »»
Aug 20, 2020 1:33 PM

» What is exactly different in the animation of Nobunaga Concerto?

Kashirou - May 21, 2017

1 by KonoDioDakeda »»
Sep 18, 2019 12:52 AM

Poll: » Nobunaga Concerto Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2014

40 by R2 »»
Apr 26, 2018 1:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.