Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 18, 2014 9:15 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah so we learn more about Five, Nine, and Twelfth this episode when they were still kids at that experimental facility.

It was a great episode overall. Felt a bit slow in the first half. I get that Lisa is guilty about what happened but I think she should just be glad she's alive now thanks to 12. Five is also back after getting out of the hospital. Heh.

The road action was alright I guess. Five got daring there with the gun. I think she really is taking this game a bit far against Nine now. The soundtrack at the end is awesome. I want it NOW. I can't believe what she did at the end there though. Didn't expect her to shoot the gas near her car..

Stark700Sep 18, 2014 9:35 AM
Sep 18, 2014 9:20 AM

Nov 2013
on the bright side : 5 is suicide
on the "wut" side :
- 9 revealed himself
- flying nuclear bomb
- 12's depression deito

9/10 episode. would add .5 if their animation isn't that bad.
Sep 18, 2014 10:13 AM

Apr 2013
Bye Five
it is nice knowing you
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Sep 18, 2014 10:25 AM

Aug 2010
Well that was a surprising start O_o And epic ending :O "Goodbye Japan" XD

One thing for sure...Five is one crazy yandere bitch XD I didn't get her motives until the very end. Just met 9 kissed him and killed herself -.- What?!

I was "YES!" when Clarence pointed his gun at her. She was getting to carried away.

12 distracting them was nice. I don't know if 9 will forgive him or not though.

Still wondering if Lisa will do anything <_<
Sep 18, 2014 10:30 AM

Aug 2008
Nine turning himself over was the last thing I would think of.

I don't get what Five is doing. Isn't her last words meaningless to everyone except herself? And she hurt/could have hurt many people in the process. Not a great villain in the end. :/ But her last scene was beautiful, she was looking great with her white hair in the fire.

An atomic bomb is on its way to the moon, how beautiful is that.
KuriniSep 18, 2014 10:47 AM
Sep 18, 2014 10:31 AM

Nov 2012
Only 1 episode left ;(

The action was great, Five is dead :( That cliffhanger at the end, I have no idea what will happen in the last episode. I hope it won't be a sad ending.
"I can have food or drinks spilled on me, or even be spit at and ill laugh about it ,
However , If for any reason you hurt a friend of mine, I won't forgive you!"

- Red-Haired Shanks
Sep 18, 2014 10:35 AM

May 2013
WTH. I DIDN'T EXPECT IT FROM FIVE. But I kinda expected that she would kiss Nine. Bye-bye.

I really don't know why Nine suddenly surrender to the police and reveal himself. But an atomic bomb?! Last one episode.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 18, 2014 10:35 AM
Oct 2010

This is me right now. Nothing makes any sense in this.. I don't even know how 12 found 9 and 5 nor do I understand any of 5 motives.. Just wtf happened?
GD1551Sep 18, 2014 10:38 AM
Sep 18, 2014 10:41 AM

May 2010
5 went out in a bad azz way XD and go 9. Who needs 12, good question how did he find him after is stages of denial and remorse....
Sep 18, 2014 10:42 AM
Oct 2012
skudoops said:

This is me right now. Nothing makes any sense in this.. I don't even know how 12 found 9 and 5 nor do I understand any of 5 motives.. wtf?

It wouldn't be hard to find local police cars driving by and attempting to rack their location. Especially radio frequency. However, I digress, you have a point but still, this is me right now.

I don't know what to say. The first half was fine and Twelve was trying to forget about Nine. He still came to the rescue. Now, what happens next?

People are going to bitch about the Engrish but I do hope we get another info dump on why Five acted the way she did. I mean, she liked Nine but I wanted more rather than a superficial feeling.

Also, doesn't anyone think that she got shot in the head and died and the last scene was more symbolic or metaphorical?

Nonetheless, it looked beautiful. The last scene made me drop my jaw cause of the way it was orchestrated.
Sep 18, 2014 10:44 AM

Dec 2011
well at least five is dead
this episode was slow overall, but goddamit i don't want this show to end ;___;
Sep 18, 2014 10:47 AM

Aug 2013
5 died, so it is kinda nice :D

I am looking forward for last episode, not bad show.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 18, 2014 10:49 AM
Oct 2010
BRK25 said:

People are going to bitch about the Engrish but I do hope we get another info dump on why Five acted the way she did. I mean, she liked Nine but I wanted more rather than a superficial feeling.

Also, doesn't anyone think that she got shot in the head and died and the last scene was more symbolic or metaphorical?

Nonetheless, it looked beautiful. The last scene made me drop my jaw cause of the way it was orchestrated.

I think at this point I have just accepted the engrish. I will continue to say that they should have hired english speakers that knew japanese to do the lines. The Americans speaking wapanese would have been much more understandable (and realistic) than the Americans speaking engrish but perfect japanese. 5 could have stayed with the engrish because she's japanese.

Anyway the scene with her killing herself was weird for me, because there's this strange cut when the explosion happens that removes her completely from the scene. I don't think too many people noticed it but it's something that sorta bugged me and took away from it. I really liked the scenes with the fire before that though.
Sep 18, 2014 10:52 AM

Aug 2013
i hate those "oh the engrish was so bad i need to flame about it after the 10 episode" just fucking enjoy the anime and the beautiful music and stop bitching
Sep 18, 2014 10:55 AM
Oct 2012
skudoops said:
BRK25 said:

I think at this point I have just accepted the engrish. I will continue to say that they should have hired english speakers that knew japanese to do the lines. The Americans speaking wapanese would have been much more understandable (and realistic) than the Americans speaking engrish but perfect japanese. 5 could have stayed with the engrish because she's japanese.

Anyway the scene with her killing herself was weird for me, because there's this strange cut when the explosion happens that removes her completely from the scene. I don't think too many people noticed it but it's something that sorta bugged me and took away from it. I really liked the scenes with the fire before that though.

Exactly, I understand that point. It looks VERY weird when the windshield gets shot and she was able to walk away from the car looking unharmed. The part where she shot the car, I seriously believed she was already dead under the light and the gun shot only meant the flames were about to begin. Maybe Nine couldn't handle such trauma.

Maybe the whole episode coming next will be strictly a flashback episode on the first half and the next half is panic. This seems like there will be death and nothing but death. But it'd feel like an ass pull. I don't know what to say or do about what's coming. If they live, we're disappointed, if they die, we're disappointed.

Something needs to be done during the end to make it go from a great watch top to bottom to jaw dropping ten like the first episode has.
Sep 18, 2014 10:55 AM
Oct 2012
Oh, you know what's weird?

Five was introduced on episode five.

She dies five episodes after.

Hinted?
Sep 18, 2014 11:00 AM
Oct 2010
BRK25 said:

Exactly, I understand that point. It looks VERY weird when the windshield gets shot and she was able to walk away from the car looking unharmed. The part where she shot the car, I seriously believed she was already dead under the light and the gun shot only meant the flames were about to begin. Maybe Nine couldn't handle such trauma.

I thought she was dead as well but I just looked back and I think the glass was bullet proof. There's a grey sort of splatter when nine hits it and the glass doesn't shatter.
Sep 18, 2014 11:05 AM

Nov 2007
Hurray,the white haired bitc* offed herself...aka the only good thing she ever did in her life!
well,i guess she was dying anyway but it's better that she is dead sooner than later........

well,looking forward to the last episode.
Sep 18, 2014 11:06 AM
Oct 2012
skudoops said:
BRK25 said:

I thought she was dead as well but I just looked back and I think the glass was bullet proof. There's a grey sort of splatter when nine hits it and the glass doesn't shatter.

It wouldn't be enough to make Five veer all the way to the side, it doesn't make sense.

Oh,

http://terror-in-tokyo.com/story.html

The last episode.

Von.

Nine could not arrive at the conference thanks to the interference of Five.

Noticing the crime, people begin to shoot at the helium balloon to bring it down.

Confused, Nine, Twelve and Lisa look up at the sky in Tokyo.

However, it says Look up at the sky in tokyo could not be the person. I don't understand.
Sep 18, 2014 11:08 AM

Jun 2013
Mixed emotions about this episode =/

The first half felt more or less like the first half of last episode, in which we get more insight into the whole purpose behind Athena plan. I wish the writers could have somehow fit all the explanations in one episode instead of distributing it throughout two episodes.

So it's made clear that the US wanted evidence that Japan was making atomic bombs behind closed doors, so they were pursuing Nine.

I feel like after the last episode, 12 and Lisa became more or less irrelevant to the whole plan, and thus their future in terms of development looks bleak. Especially Lisa =/

Five basically has nothing to lose so she shoots Clarence and then kills herself. So in the end, she wanted to save Nine and not necessarily kill him. I don't know how I feel about her character... I need a moment to think it through. But the way it was portrayed, I felt pity for Five.

Nine has a pretty drastic change in attitude, it feels like. I really didn't think his plan was to bomb all of Japan, when he tried so hard to save people... I need explanations for his action.

The bomb will go off at 10PM, so people have more or less 2 hours to stop the bomb. But considering the helium I wonder how high up the bomb will be before it explodes? Would it still be enough to kill people on the ground when it's so high up? Or will the helium balloon deflate, causing the atomic bomb to drop?

In any case, this is the first time I felt so conflicted about this show. I won't say much else until I see the finale.
Sep 18, 2014 11:08 AM

Jun 2014
I'm not gonna lie... I'm pretty confused right now. O.o
:3
Sep 18, 2014 11:11 AM
Jun 2012
Ok, NOW Five is a stupid character. What did she accomplish? Why did she even do all of the shit she's been doing? She switched characters real fast. It doesn't feel right.
Sep 18, 2014 11:15 AM
Oct 2012
pakoko said:
Mixed emotions about this episode =/

The first half felt more or less like the first half of last episode, in which we get more insight into the whole purpose behind Athena plan. I wish the writers could have somehow fit all the explanations in one episode instead of distributing it throughout two episodes.

So it's made clear that the US wanted evidence that Japan was making atomic bombs behind closed doors, so they were pursuing Nine.

I feel like after the last episode, 12 and Lisa became more or less irrelevant to the whole plan, and thus their future in terms of development looks bleak. Especially Lisa =/

Five basically has nothing to lose so she shoots Clarence and then kills herself. So in the end, she wanted to save Nine and not necessarily kill him. I don't know how I feel about her character... I need a moment to think it through. But the way it was portrayed, I felt pity for Five.

Nine has a pretty drastic change in attitude, it feels like. I really didn't think his plan was to bomb all of Japan, when he tried so hard to save people... I need explanations for his action.

The bomb will go off at 10PM, so people have more or less 2 hours to stop the bomb. But considering the helium I wonder how high up the bomb will be before it explodes? Would it still be enough to kill people on the ground when it's so high up? Or will the helium balloon deflate, causing the atomic bomb to drop?

In any case, this is the first time I felt so conflicted about this show. I won't say much else until I see the finale.

Exactly, everything happened so fast and the exposition given has me feeling a certain type of way. It was too quick to process and the dangers and what not makes me mixed. Again, a first time. It wasn't bad or shitty but I was left looking like what do they do from here?

Five's dead, the bomb's planted, Twelve and Lisa look like side characters, what do they have next? What about Lisa's mom? There's TOO MANY THINGS NOT BECOMING CLEAR OR MAKING SENSE!!!

We also got to see Shibazaki's wife? Or relative? Something's not making sense. Is Shibazaki a family man with a daughter called Lisa? No notice? No nothing? As the show is winding down, lots of questions are coming by.

I'm getting frustrated.
Sep 18, 2014 11:21 AM

Jan 2012
The hell?! What happened with Five... she was seriously weird... she just pursued him to see him then? lol

And Twelve I still hate you! ><
Sep 18, 2014 11:21 AM

May 2012
I'm confused as hell right now.

First off great episode! First off the way Nine turned himself in was unexpected in cool at the same time. Twelve trying to forget about anime because he betrayed him. Love how they kept that feeling from last episode. Shibazaki finding out more this about the past (the start of my confusion). From what I can tell from their conversation, Nine and Twelve are trying to reveal Japan secrets behind the Athena plan and the bomb they were making?

Then you Five going crazy and Killing everybody just to get to Nine. Happy Lisa talk Twelve in to going to save him. Maybe I'm the only one who felt sad about Five's death. I mean it seems like she saw her hope of revenge in Nine which made her live longer than she was suppose too. Or at least that's how I see it.

Then last the bomb is set. In the SKY! Oh man I am pumped for the last episode. I'm so anxious to see how this will all end.

5/5!
Sep 18, 2014 11:22 AM
Oct 2010
pakoko said:
Would it still be enough to kill people on the ground when it's so high up? Or will the helium balloon deflate, causing the atomic bomb to drop?

Yeah.. the amount of radiation in the air would be insane.

BRK25 said:

It wouldn't be enough to make Five veer all the way to the side, it doesn't make sense.

Oh,

The last episode.

Von.

Noticing the crime, people begin to shoot at the helium balloon to bring it down.

However, it says Look up at the sky in tokyo could not be the person. I don't understand.

I think she veered off so she could get out and approach nine. Also if that really translates into them shooting at the balloon.. I don't know what to say. They'd really shoot at an atomic bomb? Especially since they told the guys not to shoot in the first episode because of it?
Sep 18, 2014 11:26 AM

Jan 2013
I'm speechless. And confused. After watching this episode I thought: What the hell just happened now?
I mean there are happening so many things without knowing why. We don't really know why Five killed herself now, even though she was so obsessed with tracking down Nine and Twelve.
Twelve doesn't care about Nine anymore, he didn't even really want to talk about it with Lisa. And he's not a part of it anymore? Why?
Lisa feels guilty, yeah I get that. But what about the end? About that atomic bomb? It wasn't the fault of the Japanese police..
So what's going to happen?
I want to know. NOW.
LichtspielSep 18, 2014 11:32 AM

Sep 18, 2014 11:27 AM

Sep 2012
Lyrisia said:
The hell?! What happened with Five... she was seriously weird... she just pursued him to see him then? lol

And Twelve I still hate you! ><

Not only to see him. To beat him, to win. That was the one and only reason why she's done all that. Five could've killed Nine there but she didn't because she knew she'd already won and she had no reason to kill him. Winning against Nine was her raison d'etre, so to speak.
Sep 18, 2014 11:30 AM

Jan 2013
Hum... I didn't expected Nine to turn himself to the police.
Sep 18, 2014 11:34 AM

Jun 2011
Absolutely brilliant.
Twelve appears to be out of commission at this point, but he will probably play a big role next episode.
I really hope they don't go for an ending where Nine/Twelve die, and Lisa lives. Though, with the drug deteriorating their bodies, this seems like where it'll lead.
Great setup for the finale.
Sep 18, 2014 11:43 AM

Apr 2010
Twelve is so deep in the friendzone still. The end is nigh.
Sep 18, 2014 11:46 AM
Jul 2018
Nine turned himself in to the police.

Five kissed Twelve and the committed suicide.

Epic ending, "Goodbye, Japan."
Sep 18, 2014 11:49 AM

Oct 2010
For those confused about Five's goals: She basically knew she was dying as a result of the experiments during her childhood and wanted to beat Nine at least once before she died. Having cornered him in this episode, she achieved her last wish and decided to end her life. It isn't that hard to figure out. -_-
"People die when they are killed" - Emiya Shirou
Sep 18, 2014 11:51 AM

Mar 2013
It still amazes me how Shibazaki was able to get into the conference with ease. Oh well.

I really liked the episode, poor Five. Her physical health really deteriorated at the very last moment. Still beats dying connected to a hospital bed w/ pain relievers and such.
Sep 18, 2014 11:53 AM

Apr 2012
Ok, now I want really bad to see the last episode ^^

Feb 2014
"Well then, people of Japan-- Goodbye."

Oh
My
Gosh.

Was not expecting that Nine would turn himself in.
When he took of his mask at then end ~ what a way to reveal yourself in the final moments.
Twelve saying that he doesn't have anything to do with it anymore. That kind of broke my heart. After having seeing them go through everything together. But of course, he tries to help in the end.

Looking forward to the final episode!

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."

Oct 2009
O_O

Didn't expect this kind of development with Five!
Sep 18, 2014 11:54 AM

May 2008
BRK25 said:
skudoops said:

Oh,

The last episode.

Von.

I won't even bother asking how the fuck did you manage to produce that "translation".

To translate loosely:

ハイヴの妨害により、記者会見にたどり着くことができなかったナイン。

Due to Five's interference, Nine wasn't able to reach the press conference.

そのため自動で流れる最期の犯行予告とともに、原子爆弾の発射装置が動き始める。

Thus, along with the automatically played last announcement, the nuclear bomb discharge mechanism begins to move.

混乱し、人のいなくなった東京でナイン、ツエルブ、そしてリサは空を見上げる。

Nine, Twelve and Risa look up at the sky of the distraught and abandoned Tokyo.
OwaruSekaiSep 18, 2014 3:54 PM
Sep 18, 2014 11:56 AM

Oct 2012
Sakubo777 said:
For those confused about Five's goals: She basically knew she was dying as a result of the experiments during her childhood and wanted to beat Nine at least once before she died. Having cornered him in this episode, she achieved her last wish and decided to end her life. It isn't that hard to figure out. -_-

^ This.

I don't get why people are confused. Those THREE were the victims. Five would die in a few weeks no matter what so she chose her own way to die.
The real criminals are people from government and from their Nine's perpective, it was the society who allowed Institution like that. Nine just wanted to disclose everything during that conference.

Twelve is up to something. He may be the only one who can disarm that bomb.
But somehow if this has to be the critique of modern society, I don't see this to have good end.
Lisa may be the only who survives. And everyone in Tokyo better run away fast as they can.
Sep 18, 2014 12:01 PM

Jun 2013
BRK25 said:

Exactly, everything happened so fast and the exposition given has me feeling a certain type of way. It was too quick to process and the dangers and what not makes me mixed. Again, a first time. It wasn't bad or shitty but I was left looking like what do they do from here?

Five's dead, the bomb's planted, Twelve and Lisa look like side characters, what do they have next? What about Lisa's mom? There's TOO MANY THINGS NOT BECOMING CLEAR OR MAKING SENSE!!!

We also got to see Shibazaki's wife? Or relative? Something's not making sense. Is Shibazaki a family man with a daughter called Lisa? No notice? No nothing? As the show is winding down, lots of questions are coming by.

I'm getting frustrated.

Yeah, the info dumps are what's killing me because I've been praising the show for its exposition, but then they put themselves in a situation in which they have to resort to info dumps towards the end. It's like the show started with one style of exposition, then they change to another towards the end because they have to =/

Yeah they didn't even reveal anything about Lisa's dad. The fact that they didn't include this during the conversation between Dr. Mamiya and Shibazaki might be implying that Lisa's not the daughter of the Diet secretary after all. LISA WHO ARE YOU?

And I'm confused as to Nine's motive:
We know for sure his first goal was to catch the attention of someone like Shibazaki to make the connection between the bombings and the RPA.

The second phase of Nine's plan was to use the atomic bomb in some way. I was thinking he was going to use it to blackmail the RPA or some other higher authority with the help of Shibazaki and the Japanese police, but instead he floats it up and says he'll kill everyone. Unless the bomb's a fake or Nine has a way to disarm the bomb from the ground, Nine really has gone out of his mind with this scheme... Anyone shed some light please?

And of course, Five...
After being drugged at a young age, and then taken custody by the US, she's forced to live a difficult life as a counter terrorist without once being able to enjoy the life of a teenage girl. You could tell she didn't care about working for the FBI, because the whole time she was focused on pursuing Nine instead of capturing the bomb. She also reveals in the end that she could live until now because of Nine. I don't exactly know why Five wanted to beat Nine so badly, but for Five, her only motivation to live was to pursue Nine. Now that's pretty tragic. But I just don't know how well that was portrayed in this episode, especially with that kiss scene.
Sep 18, 2014 12:02 PM
Jan 2014
Man... I've gotta say these last few episodes had some amazing direction and breathtaking moments. The OST just takes the experience even further. The build-up for the last episode is very in-cline.

Five took advantage of her authority till the end. I honestly didn't like her selfish motives, putting a large number of lives at risk just because she could doesn't justify her deeds at all. I do however understand why she did it. Also given the time limit, she was able to become a pretty average antagonist in my eyes.

The harsh frame transition, which displayed her death sequence, crumbled the immersion for me, but that's a bit nitpicky.

On a side note, I personally find the OP to easily be my favourite of the season.
Eagerly waiting upon how things are going to wrap up in next week's finale.
Sep 18, 2014 12:06 PM

Mar 2014
Omfg that ending though.
I'm sure Twelve or Shibozaki are probably going to somehow stop the bomb from going off but I think it would be kind of exciting/intense if the anime ended with the whole country of Japan being blown up...
Sep 18, 2014 12:10 PM

Jul 2013
great episode imo
however i was kinda hoping that nine revealed the reason of their revenge, because almost everyone will just think they are lunies
Sep 18, 2014 12:12 PM
Sep 2013
Why did he turn himself in? What was the point of it?
Sep 18, 2014 12:13 PM
Sep 2013
Dang Five went out like a true villain that has no way of winning. Didn't expect nine to turn himself in. Five was obsessed with nine. Twelve taking Lisa to the carnival was nicely depressing. Goodbye Japan cant wait till the last episode now.
Sep 18, 2014 12:16 PM

Feb 2014
Everyone is dying, wow. Is this the end of Japan?
Sep 18, 2014 12:18 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
So Five has just had a massive crush on Nine all this time? Was that it?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 18, 2014 12:22 PM

Jun 2013
Another good episode, ending was a bit predictable though...... Only one episode left!
Sep 18, 2014 12:24 PM

Nov 2013
nnghh I need me a piece of that OST.

Good riddance Five. Good god Clarence has been pretty stalwart all series then in the last second he turns into a dumbass. Like really he forgot that she was in possession of a pistol she was firing off 30 seconds ago? Is that for real?

Shibazaki for best Zankyou. Hope he at least gets a good ending.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Sep 18, 2014 12:35 PM

Apr 2013
I don't know what to feel anymore.
Powerful eyebrows.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

380 by Yavicci »»
Apr 24, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

866 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:47 PM

» Boring

egosumjohn - Aug 30, 2023

22 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2014

448 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Jul 5, 2014

422 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.