Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 18, 2014 4:52 PM

Jun 2013
IcynatoKytozaki said:
Worst ending I ever seen...We still don't know if Touka won or lost, the one eyed owl appeared and never appeared again, We only got white haired Kaneki for like 4 minutes, and we ended it by going inside Kaneki's mouth!

Would have been better if it was a 24 episode series, buuuuuuut it wasn't and was pretty much rushed.

My full score would have to be 6/10, the art, music, sound everything was amazing, they just ruined it by rushing, if there is a second season or not, I am probably going to read the manga then.

I recommend you read it from the start. The chapters aren't long, it will be worth it.
Sep 18, 2014 4:53 PM
Aug 2012
is this anime ending like this? no season 2? if thats the case then this anime pretty much sucked
Sep 18, 2014 4:57 PM

May 2012
So much hate, and I can totally understand why. 12 episodes for this anime doesn't do this show any justice.

Oh well, I still enjoyed this series, it had an interesting dark concept that I would have loved to see more of.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Sep 18, 2014 4:58 PM

Sep 2013
R.I.P Tokyo Ghoul.....
You will be missed.
Sep 18, 2014 5:04 PM

Sep 2007
I figured the anime ending would be worse then the "manga ending"

And I was totally right....

At least seeing a little bit of bad-ass Kaneki in action was nice but trolled trolled everywhere....

I'll miss the Opening song...
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Sep 18, 2014 5:05 PM
Aug 2011
Holy crap is all I have to say.
Sep 18, 2014 5:18 PM
Feb 2014
Holy shit that was next level of edgy, gave me a good laugh
Sep 18, 2014 5:18 PM

Jan 2011
Tokyo Ghoul anime just beat Tokyo Ghoul manga for the award of most pointless ending.
Sep 18, 2014 5:21 PM

Jan 2013
10/10 best ending ever.
I kind of liked the episode, I think it was above the average episode of this show, but as a finale.. ehh no.
Sep 18, 2014 5:22 PM

May 2013
Where are my fight scenes with humans and ghouls?
Oh well, at least I have Rize! (^_^)

Dat torture. But Kaneki made his decision.
"I am a ghoul." I like how the OP suddenly plays.
And White-Haired Kaneki made Yamori the victim.

I guess the ending is okay. Also the start! But the things in between were just eh.
And that's why I started reading the manga!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 18, 2014 5:22 PM

Jan 2014
Meh, very bad ending for a bad adaptation, congratulations Pierrot you did it again.
Sep 18, 2014 5:23 PM

Nov 2012
Hmm, absolutely loved the show and the OP, but wow that ending violated a few human rights.

Sep 18, 2014 5:24 PM

Jul 2010
Kaneki getting questioned in a chair, cant help but think of

The torturing was hard to watch especially with the centipede.
The fight scene wasn't bad that happened after the transformation.
7/10, seeing some of the scores posted by people, I feel lenient o.o
Sep 18, 2014 5:29 PM

Apr 2013
So when it what about to get good, they ended it...?
Well isn't that something else...

White haired Kaneki is absolutely badass.

Still can't believe how much potential the anime had, and how they wasted it.
Episode 1 was amazing, and after that they censored the living day light out of it.
If you're gonna censor a show, then why label it as a horror anime in the first place. .-.

They just squeezed close to 60-75 manga chapters in 12 episode.
The anime also skipped a lot of small details, which made it into a real mess. http://puu.sh/bEHRs/4513aa5387.jpg (Really wished he would've said that in the anime.)

The art was good.
The sound was really good, some of the ost are amazing.
The characters were decent, but the development was total shit. (in the anime that is.)
Story line was a real mess, almost 65% of the anime didn't make sense and there were a lot of details missing.
The censor was just next level. o.o

The only thing that was worse than the manga ending was the anime ending.
All in all... 6.5/10.
Sep 18, 2014 5:34 PM

Jun 2014
It was rushed, a mess, but I enjoyed it. That ending felt like it should've been earlier. Like this anime should've been longer or something. I liked the end fight though, and kenekis badassness. Just wish they could've handled it better. Like, idk, maybe there could've been more episodes before to develop everyone and be more faithful to the manga, and another episode or two to finish this arc. Cause it feels like it was only the beginning or middle of a great arc, I don't get why end it here.
I didn't come here to play, I came to win. Now lets play.
Sep 18, 2014 5:35 PM

Jan 2012
That was sooo cool! Been waiting for this!
Sep 18, 2014 5:37 PM

Nov 2011
That was the end? Oh... Well... Ok...
Sep 18, 2014 5:38 PM

Aug 2013
It was really a bad idea to put such a big introspection and character change at the end of the damn season. Seriously? That's the kind of thing you put in the middle of a season (and that's why a 2 cour would have felt less rushed) or one episode before the end. That just made that almost all the episode, we were waiting for what we knew that would happen, but if they didn't ened the last episode the way it did and instead used the whole episode for the character devellopment, it would have left one episode (and two would have been even better) to show the impact of that change and the closure of the arc. Instead, we got a dicktease for a second season that will never happen (the manga ended, so they will have nothing more to sell). Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a bad episode. In fact, it was probably the best so far. But it was a terrible last episode. And I hope I'm wrong about not having a second season, but I really doubt it. Oh well, I think I'll go read the manga, will probably feel less teased.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 18, 2014 5:42 PM

Jun 2014
minouneetzoe said:
It was really a bad idea to put such a big introspection and character change at the end of the damn season. Seriously? That's the kind of thing you put in the middle of a season (and that's why a 2 cour would have felt less rushed) or one episode before the end. That just made that almost all the episode, we were waiting for what we knew that would happen, but if they didn't ened the last episode the way it did and instead used the whole episode for the character devellopment, it would have left one episode (and two would have been even better) to show the impact of that change and the closure of the arc. Instead, we got a dicktease for a second season that will never happen (the manga ended, so they will have nothing more to sell). Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a bad episode. In fact, it was probably the best so far. But it was a terrible last episode. And I hope I'm wrong about not having a second season, but I really doubt it. Oh well, I think I'll go read the manga, will probably feel less teased.

I agree with u 100%
I'm also probably gonna read the manga. Hopefully, if there is a second season, it will be better than this one.
I didn't come here to play, I came to win. Now lets play.
Sep 18, 2014 5:46 PM

Dec 2010
Jesus this was some Evangelion shit lol.
I'm in a band! Check it here-
https://fanlink.to/tropicvibez
Sep 18, 2014 5:55 PM

Oct 2013
Aww great ending,9/10 from me hope there will be a second season.

Sep 18, 2014 5:55 PM

Apr 2014
Some people are just plain retarded.
The ending is fine as it is and The episode is amazing What do you even want?
A shitty episode rushed Black bullet style?
Then your all gonna cry yourselves a river.

Sep 18, 2014 5:58 PM

Jun 2013
Well I kinda expected more from the last episode. But i guess it was alright. I was planning to give it a higher score but ill probably just give it an 8/10 or maybe even a 7/10 for now.
I still think this anime would have done better if it had like 24 episodes or something.
Might consider reading the manga someday as well as Iv'e hard good things about that too.
Douglas24Sep 18, 2014 6:03 PM
Sep 18, 2014 6:09 PM

Nov 2011
This and the first episode are the only episodes I liked out of this adaptation.
Sep 18, 2014 6:12 PM
Jul 2013
What a fantastic final episode. Manga readers are so goddamn annoying ;)
Sep 18, 2014 6:15 PM

Dec 2012
Oh man very awesome. This episode had me captivated through the whole thing. I LOVE YOU KANEKI YOU ARE MY NUMBER 1 HUSBANDO NOW. I will admit I couldn't stand the torture scenes I felt like I was being tortured along with Kaneki. I'm glad that bastard got eaten by Kaneki. I really hope we get more Tokyo Ghoul in the future.
Sep 18, 2014 6:19 PM

Oct 2013
Very very disappointed in this series. I thought the first 2 or 3 episodes were interesting but then it all just collapsed on itself. And how completely irrelevant is episode 11? What happened? It felt like Episode 12 was a server rollback to episode 10 or something.
Sep 18, 2014 6:20 PM

Jul 2009
pretty good finale. they did it reasonably well. highlights definitely was hearing hanakana/rize's voice. hnghhh.

overall 7/10. realistically, probably a 6 but a full point for introducing me to one of my favourite mangas ever. id probably never had pick of TG without this anime.

now back to the manga... oh wait.
Sep 18, 2014 6:26 PM
Apr 2013
As someone who hasn't read the manga, this ending was everything I was hoping it'd be. Sickening torture scenes, heartwrenching deaths, some insight into Kaneki's tragic past, that sweet, sweet revenge and the new, ballsier Kaneki. Nice Unravel remix during the battle, which might I add animation-wise was smooth and butter and pure eyecandy. I really, really loved it and this series will hold a special place in my heart. It was different from anything I've ever seen before, and very well done for a 1 cour. Kaneki's very likable and had some nice development, especially during this episode when he learns about the harsh realities of the world from Rize and what he must do to protect himself and the people he loves. I'm very satisfied indeed, and that ending left me wanting more. Strong 8/10.

Here's to a season 2!
Sep 18, 2014 6:29 PM

Feb 2012
First 1/10 rating on my completed list goes to this anime, cheers!
Less than garbage, if this anime was a cannibal it would only eat dicks. Worse than Pupa. Fuck this anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2014 6:31 PM

Mar 2012
kickmesign said:
First 1/10 rating on my completed list goes to this anime, cheers!
Less than garbage, if this anime was a cannibal it would only eat dicks. Worse than Pupa. Fuck this anime.

Ok, it wasn't THAT bad. Just because the ending was shit doesn't mean it deserves a 1/10. You must have enjoyed it to some degree, or else you wouldn't have finished it.
Sep 18, 2014 6:33 PM

Jun 2014
hmm I hope this doesn't pull a deadman wonderland where the anime just ends without a season 2.

Sep 18, 2014 6:33 PM

Aug 2013
No Touka this episode. :(

I never read the manga so I don't really have major complaints about the pacing. I also won't bitch about the censorship since I know it is beyond the control of the creators control. However, I do think this last episode was kind of strange. This show got too dark too fast. This show was always dark, but this last episode was the darkest episode out of all the anime I've watched so far. It was kind of bizarre. I can't figure out whether I liked the episode or not. The torture seen was pretty fucking insane, and perhaps too dark for this show. It's just that it never was THIS dark episodes 1-10. (And episode 1 was pretty dark.) It would have been less weird if the show gradually got darker. I'm also just not into long torture scenes I guess. (Though I don't really know why someone would LIKE torture scenes. Though I'm sure there are plenty of people who do.) On a minor note, I don't understand how his hair turned white...

I'd still give this show a 8.7/10 despite me being iffy about the the last episode. I enjoyed episodes 1-10 way too much for me to give it any lower than that.
Sep 18, 2014 6:35 PM

Apr 2011
... What the HELL was that?!?

They spend 15 minutes on Kaneki being tortured repeatedly and Rize talking to him in his head ... then Kaneki finally snaps and becomes a super badass. That was both expected and most welcome. Then it just ... ends.

No resolution on how his friends manage to track him down. No escape from the Doves. No 'One-Eyed King'. Just 'I'm gonna eat you now.' *CHOMP* (end)

They could have cut out all the psycho head-chatting in the beginning, gone straight to Kaneki beating the shit out of Jason, then rushed some kind of resolution to this arc at the very least. We don't know anything about what happens to the rest of the good Ghouls. We don't know if the Doves get slaughtered or slaughter everyone else. We don't know shit unless we go read the manga.

Goddamn it, Pierrot. Fucking trolls. This finale made the whole anime go down 2 whole points.
Sep 18, 2014 6:37 PM

Aug 2008
Incomplete. Way too incomplete. When you can tell it's a bad adaptation even when you didn't read the manga...

And I'm definitely not fan of torture throwing at my face, so yeah anime, you don't gain anything positive from me if you plan to make everything more badass and horrifying with torture.

One last thing I would really want to mention is that I really like Hanae Natsuki's performance as Kaneki.
Sep 18, 2014 6:39 PM

Feb 2014
The last scene was fascinating, just wish the fight was longer and when Kaneki was devouring Jason .

The anime has its up and down I'm somewhat satisfied now to finish reading the manga.
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Sep 18, 2014 6:42 PM

Jun 2012
Pretty meh ending for me
I thought the series was pretty good up until Mado died. After that, it just kept losing focus
Sep 18, 2014 6:43 PM

Jan 2013
CAN SOMEONE HEL ME PLS?
WTF?
IT REALLY HAPPENS ON MANGA?

NANI?
Sep 18, 2014 6:48 PM

Dec 2013
Thank you Jason. White hair kaneki is beast
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Sep 18, 2014 6:49 PM

Aug 2013
Liked the episode, just dont think it was a good "end" episode. They show off Owl last episode but nothing this episode? That doesnt really make much sense.

Didnt even finish the arc.
My Candies:
Sep 18, 2014 6:52 PM

Jun 2012
Horrible.
Sep 18, 2014 6:56 PM

Aug 2009
Blind_Guardian said:
They could have cut out all the psycho head-chatting in the beginning, gone straight to Kaneki beating the shit out of Jason, then rushed some kind of resolution to this arc at the very least. We don't know anything about what happens to the rest of the good Ghouls. We don't know if the Doves get slaughtered or slaughter everyone else. We don't know shit unless we go read the manga.

NO
Kaneki turning into a white-haired badass with ZERO explanation would have been even worse. The "psycho talk" was necessary whether you like it or not.
Sep 18, 2014 7:04 PM

Mar 2014
Definitely incomplete, but overall I was satisfied. Kaneki's transformation is done and that's what the anime was going for. I feel like the anime never intended to finish the story so that's why it ended like that.
Zanos1Sep 18, 2014 7:07 PM
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Sep 18, 2014 7:07 PM

Feb 2013
I'm rather fond of the manga, so seeing it completely mangled by this shitty adaptation was actually painful. Hopefully we get Tokyo Ghoul Brotherhood sometime... That'd be nice...
Sep 18, 2014 7:09 PM

Apr 2011
Darkshadow77 said:
Blind_Guardian said:

NO
Kaneki turning into a white-haired badass with ZERO explanation would have been even worse. The "psycho talk" was necessary whether you like it or not.

Right, it was TOTALLY necessary to repeat 'It's better to be hurt than to hurt others' a billion times. That's wonderful directing there. How could I ever have been so blind?

All that crap could have easily been condensed into five minutes, tops, without boring the piss out of their viewers and frittering away any chance they had to resolve the story before time ran out.

I'd rather have some resolution to the arc than appease the fucking manga fanboys by making 2/3rds of the final episode so insanely slow and plodding, then giving us one last action sequence before cutting us off mid-arc.
Sep 18, 2014 7:21 PM

Sep 2013
WOW. THAT KANEKI. Badass over 9000.

Maan, this ep was amazing, but the adaption as a whole isn't THAT good. 7/10 overall.
Sep 18, 2014 7:23 PM

Aug 2013
Best episode of the anime, censorship was more quiet in this episode, which made ​​the animation be better, but I thought I would end up with Kaneki having escaped and bidding farewell to the staff of Anteiku
Overall the anime was good, but censorship fumbled at times, but I recommend the anime, the plot is very good, as well as the development
The anime and the manga come to an end, and the manga is even more incredible, those who like the genre should definitely read it ..
Sep 18, 2014 7:25 PM

Jan 2008
I understand that is supposed to be an important moment in the manga that leads to Kaneki's "release". But that was boring as hell. And when finally something happens it is over. This was a shitty final episode,and I can't understand why they chose to end it there.
Sep 18, 2014 7:37 PM

Jul 2013
TBH as an anime viewer, I would say that this is pretty much a great episode, and the pacing in this one was going smoothly. The fact that I liked this episode than any other episode from the previous ones. Well I think on episode 8 where Toka battles Mado and Kaneki battles Amon is my second best. Kaneki was badass in this episode overpowering Jason and eating him at the end was satisfying. Plus his character development was so much in here that makes me feel bad.

Although to wrap things up, the only compliments I like in here are the voice actors, emotions, animation, art, and the action scenes, all were all thrilling and engaging throughout the scenes.

But I agree from everyone that Studio Pierrot can't adapt this anime properly, skipping a lot, and rushing the whole entire series.

Ah well probably I will read the 1st chapter of the Manga in the future where I'll have time. If they make a second season, I just hope that another studio will do this instead of Pierrot.

7.5/10 for this

Sep 18, 2014 7:41 PM

Oct 2013
And this is the part where if it wasn't for the show ending like that, I'd say the manga readers are once again complaining way too much. In fact, it was pretty damn good up till then. These last 3 episodes in particular definitely knew how to keep the tension going and censorship aside, the action was rather fluid.

Buuuuuut, ending it right there is just....ugh. I mean, with just 1 more episode it probably could've at least reach a good stopping point. I guess Tokyo Ghoul can redeem this to a degree if we get a 2nd season, although not entirely. If it doesn't then welp...it's a serious issue since this would probably be one of the worst endings of the year.

T'was still pretty awesome throughout it's run though. 8/10 if it get's a 2nd season from me(maybe), 6/10 if it doesn't so I guess I'll give it a 7/10 for now. Such a shame though...
ManlyTearSep 18, 2014 8:33 PM
Pages (17) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

320 by Vindicater »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dior - Jul 10, 2014

520 by Vindicater »»
May 4, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2014

860 by Vindicater »»
May 2, 5:29 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

349 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 8, 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.