Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 18, 2014 3:06 PM

Jun 2013
I don't think I even want to rewatch this when the uncensored version comes out. But from an anime only point of view, I will rate it 7/10 overall.
lunaelumenSep 18, 2014 3:10 PM
Sep 18, 2014 3:08 PM

Jan 2014
>mfw the people that complain on the forums and rate it an 4/10
Sep 18, 2014 3:14 PM

Apr 2014
Tokoya said:
I read all of the manga last week and I saw how they messed up this series a lot, but from a manga reader perspective, this episode isn't as bad as some of you are making it out to be. In fact thy handled it very well and did White Hair Kaneki justice by showing how it all happened

Yeah they left out tons of information like the info on the different ghoul types as well as info on Kakuja'so but even so it was still good

I didn't like Kaneki up until this point in the series and I really waned to see this animated and Studio Pierrot did an amazing job with it

5/5 episode for me

If I rate this series from a manga reader point of view, this gets a 6/10 but from an anima only point of view I'm giving this an 8/10 because even though it was clearly rushed, it was still pretty damn good visually, the music was great and it was very enjoyable to watch...The censorship was terrible tho

I think they're still butt hurt over the last episode.

This episode made me forget what happened over that mess a few episodes back and Felt like I was reading the Manga's Torture arc in animated form.
I'm getting the same goose bumps when I read the manga.

Sep 18, 2014 3:15 PM

Apr 2014
Armbanana said:

You should expect that from a manga shitty readers. But thanks to those who hadn't read the manga yet, the rating was still high.
Haters always gonna hate.
Sep 18, 2014 3:17 PM

Apr 2008
Kaoknight said:
NeutralSide said:

Lol what?
That scene was important as hell.
I'm satisfied with this ending.
If they didn't they would have rushed everything black bullet style and give a shitty episodes as opposed to a Fantastic episode we got today.

The main problem is that many people see this anime as a part of the manga but anime adaptions should be judged stand alone without having to defend it with the source material. This probably wont get a second season since it really feels like its only there to promote the comic and its understandable why people are not satisfied with a cliff hang.

The dream sequence was nessesary for kens character dev but it took way too much time for the last ep.

Guess what. When you label a series as an ADAPTATION, you automatically open yourself up to comparisons to the source. Lobbying for them to be judged on their own is plain stupid.
Sep 18, 2014 3:24 PM

Jul 2014
kinda a weird place to end. Are they going to show the shit thats happening outside with aogiri, the investigators, and the guys from anteigu in the 2nd season (if they were to make one)? I'm not really upset, if anything, they ended the series at the optimal place. although, they did a really good job with kaneki's torturing, especially with that last fight scene. I fucking loved it!
i have to say though, the only amazing aspect of this anime is the opening. Everything else was exceptional. but despite the anime's exceptionality, the angry manga readers, and the bad reviews, i,personally, thought they did a great job making this adaptation, and there wasn't one point where i found myself bored. in the end, i feel like everything came into place, despite how they rearranged some of the events from the manga.
LusciousLobstersSep 18, 2014 3:31 PM
Sep 18, 2014 3:27 PM

Jul 2011
good episode, bad adaptation. i was really afraid of how the anime was going to end (actually i was afraid since i saw the pacing itself) but i think the cliffhanger end is better than a rushed end. Although i would really like to see the entire arc animated.
Will give it a 7/10 bcs of the ost, art and shiro kaneki
Sep 18, 2014 3:27 PM

Dec 2011
Wow finally he does something badass for once. Thought this series was eh, could have lived without ever watching it tbh 6/10

Sep 18, 2014 3:29 PM

Jul 2013
Good thing I read the manga, so that I can forget this adaptation and act like it didn't happen.
Sep 18, 2014 3:30 PM
Apr 2011
Saniest said:
good episode, bad adaptation. i was really afraid of how the anime was going to end (actually i was afraid since i saw the pacing itself) but i think the cliffhanger end is better than a rushed end. Although i would really like to see the entire arc animated.

There is actually a perfect ending spot though, the part where Amon sees Kaneki leaving the Aogiri building and when Kaneki says goodbye to the people of Anteiku. That was the perfect spot at ending, and they could have done it if they tried for a 25 episode season.

Well, I guess if they decide on a Season 2, it would be fine, but if they leave it at one season, this anime company seriously needs to change directors.
trannon1Sep 18, 2014 3:33 PM
Sep 18, 2014 3:31 PM
Aug 2011
Wow this was actually leagues better than what I expected. Granted my expectations were zero but still.
Definitely filled in gaps from the dreadful 11th episode and added a bit more to spice up Kaneki's transformation.

Rize/Kaneki dialogue felt a bit dragged out for my liking but it did its job by padding for time.
Incomplete endings are a pain but I don't really see where else this could have stopped.
Not enough time to get anywhere else, at least nowhere else substantial.

In other news i'm getting a migrane just thinking about a potential second season. ;x

Armbanana said:

Well aren't you special? You should just rename yourself to Kaioshin_Sama the Second while you're at it.
standSep 18, 2014 3:34 PM
Sep 18, 2014 3:33 PM

Jun 2013
trannon1 said:
Saniest said:

There is actually a perfect ending spot though, the part where Amon sees Kaneki leaving the Aogiri building and when Kaneki says goodbye to the people of Anteiku. That was the perfect spot at ending, and they could have done it if they tried for a 25 episode season.

This is exactly where I wanted it to end if it was 25 episodes long.
Sep 18, 2014 3:34 PM

Sep 2012
The last episode was perfect, but what I am annoyed about is that, they rushed the whole series expect for the last episode, and decided to end it mid arc!, and the possibility of this getting a second season is probably unlikely

Join Animeshed.Com A new anime forum.
Sep 18, 2014 3:35 PM
Apr 2011
parfaited said:
Wow this was actually leagues better than what I expected. Granted my expectations were zero but still.
Definitely filled in gaps from the dreadful 11th episode.
Rize/Kaneki dialogue felt a bit dragged out for my liking but it did its job by padding for time.
Incomplete endings are a pain but I don't really see where else this could have stopped.
Not enough time to get anywhere else at least nowhere else substantial.

Please look at the post above you describing the best possible ending spot for the anime.
Sep 18, 2014 3:36 PM

Jun 2009
I honestly thought the scenes between Kaneki and Rize were the best parts of the episode. Then again, I usually find situations where we dip into a characters head and see the ugliness inside pretty interesting.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 18, 2014 3:37 PM

Jan 2014
moonahn said:
trannon1 said:

This is exactly where I wanted it to end if it was 25 episodes long.

Would have needed abysmally slow pacing for that to happen, tho. As rushed as this adaptation was, covering the same amount in 25 episodes sounds a little to slow, imo. Then again, everything better than rushing it.
Sep 18, 2014 3:38 PM
Aug 2011
trannon1 said:
Please look at the post above you describing the best possible ending spot for the anime.

Well don't you think that would have required at least another episode?
If the pacing wasn't so skewed both in rushing and dragging out parts we could have gotten there but we didn't. This show did not let itself have good pacing.
Sep 18, 2014 3:38 PM

Oct 2013
I'm glad they threshed out this torture scene more, it's really a huge part of our MC..

Sep 18, 2014 3:39 PM

Jan 2013
Mediocre ending for a mediocre adaptation. Everything feels rushed.. 6/10
OSOI!
Sep 18, 2014 3:41 PM

Apr 2013
That was boring. The sole entertaining scene was the fight apart from that mediocre as fck. Rize and Kaneki's conversation was boring. An ending that's is not actual ending. What happened to Touka? What happened to everyone actually and most important what happened to Amore? (Tsukiyama)
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Sep 18, 2014 3:44 PM
Oct 2012
Was expecting this to be the ending...

Sep 18, 2014 3:46 PM
Apr 2011
parfaited said:
trannon1 said:

Well don't you think that would have required at least another episode?
If the pacing wasn't so skewed both in rushing and dragging out parts we could have gotten there but we didn't. This show did not let itself have good pacing.

Exactly why I mentioned that this show would need a new director.

BeatzMe said:
Would have needed abysmally slow pacing for that to happen, tho. As rushed as this adaptation was, covering the same amount in 25 episodes sounds a little to slow, imo. Then again, everything better than rushing it.

If they didn't cut out a lot of the materials, this show could easily last 25 episodes, by lengthening some action sequences. Kaneki's torture of Ayato, hell, Owl's fight could go on for a few episodes on its own.

ALSO, WHAT IS WITH YOUR PROFILE!! HOW DARE YOU SUPPORT UTA!!! (Joke)
Sep 18, 2014 3:47 PM

Jun 2014
This part gave me the goosebumps,
My feels on the manga version (╥﹏╥)
Sep 18, 2014 3:48 PM

Jan 2014
trannon1 said:
BeatzMe said:

If they didn't cut out a lot of the materials, this show could easily last 25 episodes, by lengthening some action sequences. Kaneki's torture of Ayato, hell, Owl's fight could go on for a few episodes on its own.

I'd prefer the fights to be animated well and truthfully, instead of spreading the budget thin by extending them. And I'm well aware that they cut a lot, but 13 episode worth of content, mmmh. Not sure about that.
Sep 18, 2014 3:48 PM

Jun 2014
7/10. It wasn't THAT bad. Bad ending IMO, but the series overall was pretty good. I have no interest in comparing the anime to the source material and the people who always say "adaptions are poo read manga!" tend to be ignored by me, but I can understand comparing the two if you've read the manga. Though, if this is considered a bad adaption then you haven't really seen bad adaptions. The goosebumps tv series was way worse than this.
Sep 18, 2014 3:52 PM

Apr 2014
Thought is was a good ep. but felt rushed, I see a lot of you feel the same way. I need some OVA's now to help sort out some things I feel they left out. I might actually read the mange for this. Overall though, good show imo.
---------My Profile------------
Sep 18, 2014 3:58 PM

Jun 2014
Amusing but mediocre ending. 7.5/10 for the series overall
Sep 18, 2014 4:00 PM
Jul 2013
What the actual fuck with the ending? That's it? What the fuckkkkkkkkk ..
Sep 18, 2014 4:00 PM

Dec 2013
Haha, what a waste :D
I'd nominate this for the worst anime 2014
2/10
Sep 18, 2014 4:06 PM

Apr 2014
This is my face There's no Ayato vs Kaneki."103 bones"

Sep 18, 2014 4:07 PM

Jul 2010
Darklight0303 said:

Guess what. When you label a series as an ADAPTATION, you automatically open yourself up to comparisons to the source. Lobbying for them to be judged on their own is plain stupid.

There's nothing wrong with comparisons, it's defending the faults with a show just because its source did it better. TG almost felt like a borderline anime original and left out some detail the manga had.

I already read the manga but it should be obvious that anime only watchers see it by itself.
Sep 18, 2014 4:08 PM

Apr 2012
This anime was way overhyped. The first episode was very promising but it couldn't keep the high expectations. The last episode was strange and I don't like it that he has now all the super powers because he has white hair. It's just like Son-Goku being stronger because he has blonde hair :(
Sep 18, 2014 4:09 PM

Jan 2014
Kaoknight said:
I already read the manga but it should be obvious that anime only watchers see it by itself.

And nobody is stopping the anime-only watchers from doing so. Just as it should be okay for manga readers to compare and point out flaws that could easily have been avoided.
Sep 18, 2014 4:10 PM

Apr 2014
Tendou-kun said:
This anime was way overhyped. The first episode was very promising but it couldn't keep the high expectations. The last episode was strange and I don't like it that he has now all the super powers because he has white hair. It's just like Son-Goku being stronger because he has blonde hair :(

#Read the manga there's a perfect explanation.

Sep 18, 2014 4:12 PM

Jul 2010
Anon1409 said:
Haha, what a waste :D
I'd nominate this for the worst anime 2014
2/10

It had a good run in the beginning but it was a bad move to cram 65+ chapters in a single court.

Imo the anime as a whole is 6/10,
THAT ending along with the last few EPs are 2/10...
Sep 18, 2014 4:19 PM

Jul 2013
so nothing was resolved in the end. the terrible pacing stood out like a sore thumb in this episode. what are the chances that tokyo ghoul will get a season 2?
Sep 18, 2014 4:20 PM

Jul 2010
BeatzMe said:
Kaoknight said:

And nobody is stopping the anime-only watchers from doing so. Just as it should be okay for manga readers to compare and point out flaws that could easily have been avoided.

Nothing's wrong with pointing out flaws either..if you read all of the comment I said that "its wrong to DEFEND the adaptation flaws just because the source material did it better"...

Many times good light novels/manga get an adaptation that does it no justice, some fans of the source material can admit that its crap but most of the time they defend it to the grave..
KaoknightSep 18, 2014 4:23 PM
Sep 18, 2014 4:25 PM
Sep 2014
overall i liked the anime although it was quite rushed at parts, felt like if they added around 4 episodes it would've been a lot better, but i nevertheless enjoyed it 7/10. The episode was by far the best they made considering they had a lot of character development in the torture scenes and finished it off with a really well made fight (don't really care that it ended with a cliffhanger, because it doesn't really detract from the quality). 9/10 for the episode, hope there's a season two and it isn't rushed knowing that the story develops a lot form this point onwards
Sep 18, 2014 4:27 PM

Apr 2010
Glad this train wreck is finally over. This shit can't even serve as a manga commercial.
Sep 18, 2014 4:28 PM

Jul 2014
Well, this looks really incompleted. I feel I didn't rush that much this time, but they didn't finish the whole thing.

I guess the manga has been complete for a while now, so they have no excuses for this BS.

Edit: Lol@the score being over 8.00, this anime doesn't deserve that much.
HealmeplzSep 18, 2014 4:31 PM
Sep 18, 2014 4:32 PM

Oct 2013
SmilingBeginner said:
Ughhhh....the cliffhanger...

for manga readers, which chapter do I need to start picking up after finishing ep 12?

Although if this adaptation is truly as bad as some manga readers said (I need confirmations from more people) , then I might consider start from chapter 1.

Just read the 1st chapter and see if you think the adaptation is bad or not!
Sep 18, 2014 4:33 PM

May 2014
Ok,soo.... Kaneki turned into a heartless monster?
I really don't like the ending too much. It doesn't give me thrills.
6/10
Sep 18, 2014 4:33 PM

Feb 2014
So bad adaption. Am trully dissapointed
"we're already the walking dead. if there's anything that makes us different from the real dead, there's only one. living and dying isn't the real issue. if you cling to being alive, you become frightened and your eyes get clouded. if you don't have that desire to begin with, you can fight on, right to the end of the world." - Revy
Sep 18, 2014 4:36 PM

Mar 2014
So that was decent.. And that ideal by Kaneki's mother(not ridiculing her just saying it's not a good way to live a life that way) is really flawed and does more harm than good.. Thank god Kaneki got rid of that saying

Still the way it ended seems once again rushed

Guess I have to read the manga but I heard people are up in flames about that as well
Sep 18, 2014 4:37 PM

Apr 2014
Need more Badass Kaneki.

Sep 18, 2014 4:43 PM

Mar 2014
Lot of talking and stories.
Nothing more.

2/5 for that episode that will low the anime rating, of course.
Sep 18, 2014 4:46 PM

Oct 2008
meh, I'd give this series a 6 on average, but it has way too much censorship which ruined the best scenes, 5/10 for me
Sep 18, 2014 4:46 PM

Apr 2014
NeutralSide said:
Need more Badass Kaneki.
I agree he was such a badass for the two minutes that we saw him.. For some reason I thought it (the series) was gonna be about Hide, boy I was wrong. I would have liked to see a bit more of him throughout the show, and their friendship.
---------My Profile------------
Sep 18, 2014 4:49 PM

Sep 2013
Worst ending I ever seen...We still don't know if Touka won or lost, the one eyed owl appeared and never appeared again, We only got white haired Kaneki for like 4 minutes, and we ended it by going inside Kaneki's mouth!

Would have been better if it was a 24 episode series, buuuuuuut it wasn't and was pretty much rushed.

My full score would have to be 6/10, the art, music, sound everything was amazing, they just ruined it by rushing, if there is a second season or not, I am probably going to read the manga then.

Sep 18, 2014 4:50 PM

Jan 2014
The episode itself was really incredibly well made.
As a sequel to previous episodes, let alone the ending
of the whole series, it felt terrible. I'm just hugely disappointed.
Pages (17) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

320 by Vindicater »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dior - Jul 10, 2014

520 by Vindicater »»
May 4, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2014

860 by Vindicater »»
May 2, 5:29 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

349 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 8, 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.