Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 29, 2009 7:46 PM

Sep 2009
even though I had already been spoiled about it...

/tips the 40 to Jiraiya =/
Oct 29, 2009 8:07 PM

Nov 2008
I loved this episode, poor Jiraiya he was one my favorite characters, i almost cried, we will miss the pervy sage.
Oct 29, 2009 8:24 PM

Apr 2009
I hope someone will revive him!
his body is underwater, I'm sure he will be saved by another new character.

I respect jiraiya
PM me and let's be friends.
Oct 29, 2009 8:27 PM

Aug 2008
Ahhh....Jiraiya-chan is gone. Like the saying goes... all good things must come to an end.
Oct 29, 2009 10:26 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
that was well done. glad they didn't mess up this important episode.

i'm ready for some awesome fights!!
p r o f i l e 👀
Oct 30, 2009 12:10 AM

May 2008
This episode was great , cant wait for the next episode

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 30, 2009 1:38 AM

Jun 2009
One of the best episode of naruto shippuuden.
Oct 30, 2009 1:43 AM

Apr 2009
nina4life said:
Naruto is getting better and better with each passing episode. Nice to see that. Hopefully they will keep it on after this arc(s).

yeah, but then again the fillers will come and destroy everything -_-
Oct 30, 2009 2:05 AM

Jul 2008
Uuuuuuu~ I cried through half of this ep ;_; Ero-sennin ;_____; we'll miss u T_T

next ep sounds interesting
Oct 30, 2009 2:12 AM

Oct 2009
The sadest episode after Asumas death. I really cried so bad. I loved Jiriaya so much, but why?
I hope that we will see Sasuke and Itachi in the next episode.
Oct 30, 2009 2:20 AM

Jul 2009
smokes said:

Well I hope there won't be anymore fillers for the time being. There to far from the manga to do fillers -__-
This is a signature.
Oct 30, 2009 2:58 AM

May 2008
I knew I'll cry at this point and yeah. Great ep and I hope they'll keep up this level at least... And now moving to Sasuke again.
Oct 30, 2009 3:32 AM

Jul 2009
Wow that was intense, somehow it saddened me seeing the part where Naruto felt the presence and stood at that spotlight in the dark woods, I was like wow O_O

Can't wait for the upcoming episode
Oct 30, 2009 4:10 AM

Jan 2009
it was really sad in the manga... but not as much in the anime for me. (i was prepared! LOL) but yes, i will put this as one of the best eps so far in shippuuden!
"-[R.I.P Jiraiya Goketsu Monogatari]-" m(T__T)m
Oct 30, 2009 4:50 AM

Apr 2008
Damn... so it really did happen, up till now asuma's death more sad than jiraiya's death though, but I like Jiraiya way more.

Kinda wished fight 'tween em would have lasted longer though, Jiraiya would have been able to still give more of a fight imo. Why did that bastard still go out there when he kinda knew he would die !! :( (retorical question ofc)

Well let's see what next episodes will bring, kinda totally forgot even what was going on for the rest in naruto world except jiraiya pain fight lol
Oct 30, 2009 6:38 AM

Sep 2009
oh wow this was such a great episode
Oct 30, 2009 7:42 AM

Apr 2009
Um... a bit of a random question:

Is it just me or they really changed some of the seiyuu? (like, for Itachi or for Kisame..?) Or maybe I've forgotten how their voices sound..>.>
Sig Removed. Hosting site unavailable and giving fall virus readings
Oct 30, 2009 9:23 AM

Jul 2009
I expected more drama,but thats gonna happen when Naruto will find out..
and finally we get Itachi vs Sasuke,I hope it won't be screwed up by Kishimoto's chit-chats
Oct 30, 2009 9:25 AM

Sep 2008
T___T

greatest ep ever!!

Jiraiya's dying made me feel like crying, it was so emotional T_T (even tho, I've been spoiled by someone n the OP...)

at first I was like wtf? he can't die just like this ... but when he came back to life just by willpower n used his chakra to write on the back of the frog the code, knew Naruto was the one meant by the prophecy n died feeling honorable of himself that was rly something! the best emotional way to die ... (n yea, not to forget to mention, that he knew Pain's real identity!)

n Naruto being patted by Jiraiya's soul .. that was rly touching!!

Now, for next ep .. seems like we're gonna have some badass eps from now on ..
Sasuke vs. Itachi
Juugo, Karen n Suigetsu vs. Kisame
Naruto-tachi vs. Madara(Tobi) ((all this taken from the preview))

seems like a quite badass ep to me!!

5/5 ep!

keep it up, shippudden!!

I'm startin' to have high expectations for this show =)

n, ofc, Looking forward to next ep~
Kaito__KidOct 30, 2009 9:29 AM

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Oct 30, 2009 10:23 AM

Apr 2009
Really emotional episode i shed my tears when Jiraiya was dying... ahhh :'(
Oct 30, 2009 10:57 AM

Sep 2009
braete said:
great episode!

heh, now again onto boring stuff ...
guess it's time to drop ...

dont worry, from now on it will get better and better

too bad I read the manga and t here was no effect of jiraiya's death on me
Oct 30, 2009 1:00 PM

Jun 2009
I cried.

I *still* don't know whether to jump on the bandwagon with the people that believe that he's still alive somewhere. Knowing how Kishi writes the manga...it wouldn't surprise me if he did pull that stunt -_-;;. I think it would ruin his death though. Will miss ya Pervy Sage<3.
Oct 30, 2009 2:18 PM

Apr 2009
"An old man dies, a little boy lives; fair trade..."

We're gonna miss you old man...
Oct 30, 2009 2:48 PM

Jun 2008
bansza said:
braete said:
great episode!

heh, now again onto boring stuff ...
guess it's time to drop ...

too bad I read the manga and t here was no effect of jiraiya's death on me

So did I but I still shed a tear. I'm not a heartless bastard....
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Oct 30, 2009 3:18 PM

Oct 2007
I'm not a manga reader, but I also knew that Jiraiya was gonna die...and still ended up getting teary-eyed after watching the ep. I was really hoping that he wpould somehow come back and pass the message somehow, and realize that Naruto was the "one". I'm glad it worked out in the end and his death wasn't meaningless. sad, but good episode!
Oct 30, 2009 3:53 PM

Jun 2008
smokes said:
nina4life said:
Naruto is getting better and better with each passing episode. Nice to see that. Hopefully they will keep it on after this arc(s).

And you know that because......

Anyway this was a nice episode. I liked it. He had a nice death.

I wonder if anime watchers figured out who is Pain?

MonadOct 30, 2009 3:57 PM
Oct 30, 2009 4:41 PM
Aug 2009
bansza said:

o hell yeah, sausage fest.

plus, fillers are 99,9% sure as anime covers the story a lot faster than manga, so i bet they will happen sometime b4 the invasion arc (it's all about the $ ... they will milk naruto more)
Oct 30, 2009 6:09 PM

Sep 2007
Oh God, so sad T_T Such an epic character didn't deserve to die...

Now, onto the next arc, Sasuke bring it on~!

Oct 30, 2009 7:12 PM
Nov 2007
what a sad episode it was, I was crying whole time... It was great to see Minato and Kushina as well... the smiling face of Jiraiya when he was drowning made my heart hurt...
Oct 30, 2009 8:22 PM

Oct 2009
its so sad tho...idk if this makes sense but Jiraiya made things fun when he was around..when i saw him, i knew something funny / good was gonna happen...r.i.p. lolz
Oct 30, 2009 9:25 PM

May 2009
Ooooohhh... I've been dreading this episode. It was painful. T_T I cried for the entire last half without stopping - shit, I'm still crying. I feel depressed now. The animation was beautiful though, they did an excellent job. Poor Jiraiya. May he forever rest in peace. <3

I am excited to be getting back to Sasuke and Itachi next week.

Uminokun said:
I cried.

I *still* don't know whether to jump on the bandwagon with the people that believe that he's still alive somewhere. Knowing how Kishi writes the manga...it wouldn't surprise me if he did pull that stunt -_-;;. I think it would ruin his death though. Will miss ya Pervy Sage<3.

No, dude. He's gone. Jiraiya's not alive, and he's not coming back. Kishi, unlike Kubo, is not afraid to kill off his characters.

smokes said:
nina4life said:

Dude, we will not be seeing any fillers for a whiiiiile. There is still a LOT of storyline to cover to catch up to the manga.
AikaHimeOct 30, 2009 9:34 PM
Oct 30, 2009 10:30 PM

Jun 2009
Oh no. It happened.
Oct 30, 2009 10:50 PM

Aug 2009
even the animation quality progressively degrades... still :'c
Oct 31, 2009 2:51 AM

Jul 2008
damn r.i.p pervy sage u will b missed

5/5
Oct 31, 2009 3:36 AM

Oct 2008
Dammit my mother spoiled my moment.
Ever since Jiraiya walked away from Tsunade I had the feeling he was going to die (yeah I don't read the manga). So I was right dammit.

So there he was, dying, very sad..My eyes filled with tears...And my mom's like: "QUIT WATCHING THOSE STUPID CARTOONS, YOU'RE FAVORITE PROGRAM'S STARTING ON TV RIGHT NOW!"

=_=
Oct 31, 2009 3:54 AM

Jun 2009
He should have retreated =(
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Oct 31, 2009 9:28 AM

Sep 2008
i didnt remembered that it was sosad his death, it actuallywas batter in the anime than in the manga(just this time) i almost felt like crying....i alredy missed him, this doesnt help...and lol´d at his last monologue.
sayonara jiraya sensei, kiotsukete
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Oct 31, 2009 3:34 PM

Feb 2009
Nice episode, though still it was overshadowed with the dialogue. Nevertheless this episode had reached the pinacle so far, the poignancy that Jiraiya made me feel was surreal. I mean although it is the biggest deaths thus far, the show kind of played it down, and of course so did Jiraiya. It is going to be so interesting to see Naruto's reaction towards this saddening news. Moreover next week looks fucking amazing, I can't wait for Sasuke VS Itachi, I want the best animation for this fight, anything less will send me into great rage that I will break my laptop. (screams in rage) XD
Oct 31, 2009 5:40 PM

May 2009
angelcross37 said:

What are you talking about?! Maybe the website you're watching it on just doesn't have the greatest quality. Try watching it on animecrazy.net.
Kirsten-chan said:
Dammit my mother spoiled my moment. So there he was, dying, very sad..My eyes filled with tears...And my mom's like: "QUIT WATCHING THOSE STUPID CARTOONS, YOU'RE FAVORITE PROGRAM'S STARTING ON TV RIGHT NOW!"

=_=

Nooooo! DAMMIT, mom!!
Oct 31, 2009 7:11 PM

Aug 2008
Sayuri-Hime said:

What are you talking about?! Maybe the website you're watching it on just doesn't have the greatest quality. Try watching it on animecrazy.net.

Or maybe download?

zinvince said:
He should have retreated =(

Why would he? Come back with not much information. Not even important information?

Since he died this way and found out Pain's true identity, that would make him a great great great great ninja. His death was the best.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Oct 31, 2009 7:24 PM

Sep 2009
angelcross37 said:

The animation quality is not bad. How are you watching anime btw?

These last episodes were the best. IMO they were too short on manga and anime.
Oct 31, 2009 9:47 PM
Mar 2009
Amazing episode, Jiraiya's death was handled wonderfully. And to all people saying he should have retreated, why would he do that? He had to get as much information as possible on Pain and send it back to the village, he went out like a true shinobi.
Oct 31, 2009 9:53 PM

Feb 2009
I wasn't expecting this, this episode really reached me, I wasn't excpecting to cry, Jiraya's death was really powerful... specially his thoughts about what he did during his life time when he was lying down there... so sad. It's the death of a great character no doubt, I just hope the series continue to e this good, and I keep hoping for the animation to get better...
Oct 31, 2009 10:12 PM

Mar 2009
Not bad.

Gotta pay my tribute to the one and only Ero Sennin.

What now? More fillers I presume?

I did watch the preview yet I can't believe there won't be fillers coming up next.

Oct 31, 2009 11:09 PM
Aug 2009
Jiraiya will be missed, but the battle I'm looking forward is coming up soon. Itachi V. Sasuke. This should be epic! like 5-6 episodes of epic!
Nov 1, 2009 7:08 AM

Jul 2009
RIP Jiraiya :(

P.S. Don't slate me for this but I hope they actually do a 'filler' showing Suigetsu and Kisame fight because I think they forgot to in the manga (too busy with the damn waaaaaay too long Sasuke v Itachi fight)
Nov 1, 2009 7:34 AM

Mar 2009
That was amazing and so sad. Will miss Jiraiya so much he was a great character.

Nov 1, 2009 10:40 AM

Apr 2008
I was very surprised. I felt that the pein vs jiraiya arc up till now wasn't nearly as good as it was portraye in the manga, but this episode... I gotta say, with the flashbacks and the music, it made the experience of jiraiyas death an epic episode. This is probably one of my favorite episodes in shippuden
Nov 1, 2009 11:31 AM

May 2009
R-Zero said:

What now? More fillers I presume?

I did watch the preview yet I can't believe there won't be fillers coming up next.

Not quite yet, next is Sasuke v Itachi. I wouldn't be surprised if they threw in a filler after that, though.

Zell182 said:

P.S. Don't slate me for this but I hope they actually do a 'filler' showing Suigetsu and Kisame fight because I think they forgot to in the manga (too busy with the damn waaaaaay too long Sasuke v Itachi fight)

I agree, I'd like to see the Suigetsu/Kisame fight as well, and yes, they did leave it out of the manga. Though I have to disagree on Sasuke and Itachi's fight being too long. Sasuke's whole life - as long as we've known him, anyway - has been building up to this fight. Maybe they could throw in the "filler" of Suigetsu v Kisame during Sasuke and Itachi's fight.
Nov 1, 2009 1:46 PM

Jul 2009
Jiraiya's death just didn't affect me.
Probably because I saw it in the manga first (and I still think it's more emotional there) or maybe because Pein's my favorite character - I really think they did him justice with that fight.

But overall, it's sad to see such a epic character come to an end.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» who's the best waifu? (ending the debate once and for all)

FruitPunchBaka - May 6

39 by omgdonny »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 53 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Apr 3, 2008

53 by natsuyah »»
Yesterday, 11:40 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 249 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

bloodybeast - Feb 9, 2012

125 by hhiwtd »»
Yesterday, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 52 Discussion

Lambo - Mar 22, 2008

9 by natsuyah »»
Yesterday, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 363 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ArtimesGamer - May 22, 2014

144 by Lukas_AAW »»
May 9, 12:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.