Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 16, 2014 5:36 AM
Sep 2014
Here is my interpretation of the epilogue.
We see ai busily running her shop with miyokichi and all seems well,
except that the scene cuts to her eye which is dullened by an inner sadness.
We also see hiromi and shinichiro inside the same shelter with tears rolling down the girl's face.
There is Noe, pushing away her newfound friends, and jumping from the dock much like jibeta from the high mound,
whereupon the final scene - mountains and the sky - are shown.

Thus, Ai is not truly happy, Hiromi is dumped, and Noe dies.
In a better world Shinichiro would have ended up with all three of them.
Sep 29, 2014 2:01 PM
Mar 2010
I think you can actually see Hiromi's smile after the tears. So I don't really think they are breaking up. On the other hand I did thought it was strange that they were not walking together on the beach.
Oct 28, 2014 4:23 PM

Jun 2014
Sorry op but you didn't understand the ending. It's a happy ending for all of them.
Oct 29, 2014 8:09 PM
Sep 2014
blessofcurse said:
Sorry op but you didn't understand the ending. It's a happy ending for all of them.

Go ahead and bury your head in the sand. This is your favorite, I understand.
Oct 29, 2014 8:34 PM

Jun 2014
Bulsajo said:
blessofcurse said:

Go ahead and bury your head in the sand. This is your favorite, I understand.

go ahead and cry, because you're stupid enough to understand the ending
Jan 16, 2015 7:00 PM

Jul 2014
i saw it it was great and i loved it , but what happened to Shinichiro and hiromi?
Aug 12, 2015 1:56 AM

Feb 2015
The scene with Hiromi crying is one of joy. Her tears, her head shake from side to side (meaning something like - no, nothing, in a happy-cry way), and after that she goes in for a kiss ..It's how i saw it.
Aug 13, 2015 9:01 AM
Sep 2011
Leiss said:
The scene with Hiromi crying is one of joy. Her tears, her head shake from side to side (meaning something like - no, nothing, in a happy-cry way), and after that she goes in for a kiss ..It's how i saw it.

I read somewhere that Hiomi was actually crying because she felt sympathy/sad for Noe and she understood how much she meant to Shin.

The event of this epilogue is based on the drama CD .
Aug 14, 2015 3:17 AM

Feb 2015
Mellowther said:
Leiss said:

I read somewhere that Hiomi was actually crying because she felt sympathy/sad for Noe and she understood how much she meant to Shin.

The event of this epilogue is based on the drama CD .

I've read those, some bro from Taiwan made the translation after the CD but the one with Hiromi was very confusing. What i wrote two post up was my interpretation of what i saw in that epilogue and based on my anime viewing experience. In the case that it didn't i still want to believe that it did :) Makes for a sweeter ending ..

I've always liked Hiromi even if she was cold to Shin, and lied to him back there with no.4 confession but she had plenty of reasons to be so distant and i'm happy that in the end she came clean with herself and with Shin and doing so gave us (her fans ) the happy ending.
Aug 14, 2015 9:09 AM
Sep 2011
Leiss said:

I've read those, some bro from Taiwan made the translation after the CD but the one with Hiromi was very confusing. What i wrote two post up was my interpretation of what i saw in that epilogue and based on my anime viewing experience. In the case that it didn't i still want to believe that it did :) Makes for a sweeter ending ..

I've always liked Hiromi even if she was cold to Shin, and lied to him back there with no.4 confession but she had plenty of reasons to be so distant and i'm happy that in the end she came clean with herself and with Shin and doing so gave us (her fans ) the happy ending.

I simply love Hiromi but I know that I'm in the minority ,She might not be a role model like the pure/innocent/selfless/lonely Noe whom everyone loves but she's without a doubt the deepest character in this show for me and the writers did a fantastic job developing her character (her expression at the end of episode 6 really broke my heart).She has some of the most realistic reactions and development in this anime .

About Hiromi Lying -this is the main reason why people hate Hiromi but I feel like people are missing the point. I actually support her here and I agree with what she did .The real reason why Hiromi lied was actually because she wanted to protect Shin so that he wouldn't end up hating his father,she did this for the sake of the family .Hiomi knew how much Shin loved his father (This is the reason why she called herself a horrible person after she told him the truth because she ruined his image of his father) .Hiromi always felt like an outsider in the house so she was no place to do anything .

I felt like Hiromi really wanted to get that lie of her chest and just come clean about it .There was a short scene in episode 4 (exactly at 18:51)which is very easy to miss but It really showed how much Hiromi is yearning for Shin.The scene showed her late at night in the dark ,standing right in front of his room the day she made the lie about liking Jun but she was too hesitated to actually say anything .

I see many people say that Hiromi did nothing to deserve Shin which is not true ,she is in fact the most noble character (far surpassing Noe and Aiko ) because she held that lie for a whole year in her heart.The emotional abuse from Shin's mother effected her mental state a lot .

One of the reasons why I like Hiromi is because she's balanced and represent the majority of woman.Noe and Aiko are both too extreme .Noe is too innocent and Aiko is too outrageous and manipulative and yet they don't seem to get any hate even though they're both very flawed.

Sorry for the long post .
RozalthiricMay 20, 2016 11:30 AM
Aug 14, 2015 1:09 PM

Feb 2015
I guess she was chosen to be the hate barer. I loved Noe too..she was so nice and innocent, but Hiromi was the girl that i rooted for. I've got a fetish for childhood friends with a deep history between themselves.
Her confession about the lie her mother told was heartbreaking for both of them, but mostly for her because she loved Shin very much .. it also explains why she lied every time Tomoyo nagged her about Shin, and ultimately to stop her told that big lie herself. Shin's weakness in agreeing to date Noe made things even worse. Noe's brother was stupid to do things that way ..in the end all he had to do was man up and talk to her.

You certainly liked True Tears if you remember every detail so precisely. Most anime viewers watch anime in a casual manner, and for myself once the story goes deep into the drama zone i lose it and start to skip the painful moments...I did that but once i saw how it ended i went back and saw the episodes(9-13) i butchered, again with patience.
The things is not everyone gets immersed into the story and not all those who do have the strength to stand still regardless of the scene and plot so they just watch it on auto mode..this is what made Hiromi being hated and Noe liked ..Hiromi was a girl with serious problems while Noe had only an easy one and her behavior was always cute..It's oblivious who the majority of viewers would side with.

I lied Aiko too but she was too much dishonest with herself, she acted too late for what she anted and only made things worse for all of them. It was her fear and hesitation that bested her. But she knew who Shin loved so ..we give her credit.

Hiromi is indeed the type of girl that works hard for what she wants and give her her best to make things right and pleasant. She is also nice and kind as we see how she forgave his mother and did her best to help them out with everything... She's a dream girl that exists only in dreams and stories ^^

No worries ..A short post would have been superficial, just like the majority's view on Hiromi ;p
Aug 17, 2015 12:03 PM

Apr 2014
I crie evey time
May 25, 2019 1:33 PM
Sep 2014
I didn't have the heart or the patience to watch the entire series over again, at least not before watching the epilogue again first.
I was wrong.
Everyone else was right.
It's a decent end.
I don't know that I can call it a truly happy ending still.
But it is a happy ending.
Jun 2, 2019 1:53 AM
Sep 2014
I must make an amendment.
The ending is a truly happy one.
One man should ever only be united with one woman. The right woman was chosen.
Jul 22, 2019 1:12 AM

Jun 2014
5 years later. Lmao
Jan 17, 2020 7:22 PM
Mar 2019
Bulsajo said:
I must make an amendment.
The ending is a truly happy one.
One man should ever only be united with one woman. The right woman was chosen.
your five years late, lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » True Tears Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

kurotsuki - Mar 29, 2008

494 by blinddig »»
Mar 7, 8:03 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

gioss - Jan 26, 2008

103 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 7:50 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 20, 2008

94 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 6:59 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 12, 2008

83 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:50 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 5, 2008

95 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.