Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 5, 2008 12:37 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was pretty humourous, and yet ended on a excellently dour note.

Lelouch saying that his plans couldnt fail because of a stupid cat while running into bushes was hilarious.

The emperor's pompous speech with everyone cheering him on was great, as it shows the difference between this show and other more simplistic ones that revolve around the story of bringing down an evil empire. This isnt a simple case of the good guys rising and beating a bad guy, but Lelouch trying to subvert the system with a unique power while maintaining his real identity a secret.

Great stuff.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Feb 22, 2008 8:19 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah! Great stuff indeed! LOL! But why would they talk like people are different?! LOL!

It's against moral virtues.

Most hilarious episode I've seen so far. ^^
Feb 22, 2008 8:29 PM
Feb 2008
garywafu said:
Yeah! Great stuff indeed! LOL! But why would they talk like people are different?! LOL!

Quite a naive view. Morality has no standard; it is only what you perceive to be 'right' and wrong'. If you are referring to ethics, it belongs to those who have power; who are you to deny them if you are below them?

...LOL!
Mar 21, 2008 3:03 PM

Dec 2007
Indeed it was quite the humorous episode, especially when everyone lets out the "NYA~" and the people outside the school say something along the lines of "For the prince dying they're quite carefree."

#NBHNC
Mar 26, 2008 9:27 PM
Oct 2007
Nice, needed to break away from all that thinking...
Apr 3, 2008 4:55 PM

Mar 2008
Great episode. Quite suspenseful too!

Lelouch's line about not allowing his plans to succumb to a misfortune like a cat stealing his hat, was awesome.

I also really liked the King's speech, not in that I agree with it, but so far as it was a good speech and it was an interesting way to see inside the world the author has created. The speech was very similar to both the presence and tone with which Hitler's speeches also took. It is extremely nationalistic, and ripe with hate.

I also find it interesting to note that the statement, "People are not created equal," is exactly opposite that of the Christian doctrine of, "People are created equal." If this world is supposed to be some sort of alternative Earth one is left wondering what happened to change the world's view THAT much? In our world the primary view is that people are equal, but in this it is the exact opposite. Finally, this all links into something that Nietzsche talks about. Basically he says there are two moralities in the world - Master and Slave.

In Master morality one sees pleasures, power, wealth, vanity, etc. as being "the good". Generally, those that have the master morality are themselves people that have, power, wealth, vanity, etc. These master see not having these things, ie being poor, ugly, etc, as being bad. These are things that the masters do not want, where as the good things are wanted.

On the other hand the slave develops a polarized view. Being the slave, and being subordinated to the master, the slave comes to see the master as being evil. Not just bad, but evil (Nietzsche makes an important distinction here about the difference being that "the bad" is just something the masters want to avoid, where as "evil" is something that the slave resents). Under slave morality, the good person then becomes the person that can resist these evils (wealth, fame, power, vanity) and instead live a life along the lines of justice (social and criminal), charity, being humble, virtue, etc. Even if it comes at the cost of pleasure for pain. With the slave morality it becomes a matter of suffering in this life for returns in the next.

So, according to Nietzsche we have the king who clearly subscribes to a Master morality, and Lelouch who seems to be a fallen master. Will be interesting to see how this develops.

Anyway, as a Philosophy student I found that all really interesting, so I thought I would share. I am not saying that the Nietzsche is right, I am just sharing his ideas with everyone. If anyone wants to read more about that I suggest looking at Nationalism (especially National Socailism (aka Nazism), and Nietzsche's master and slave morality. Or just post here. :D
OmegaRedApr 3, 2008 5:03 PM

"There is no such thing as God in this world." -Setsuna F. Seiei
Apr 13, 2008 5:37 PM

Jan 2008
A really funny episode and it ended on a good note. I loved it!
May 11, 2008 9:32 PM

Jan 2008
really nice that this ep got away of the main story line, some relaxation not not as much thinking
May 12, 2008 5:21 AM

Jan 2008
Omg filler episode, but it was quite funny though :P
Neko!
May 14, 2008 10:31 AM

May 2008
i lived the episode tough the scene with the king i felt bad for lelouch... poor lelouch i would kick his father where the sun don't shine XD

huggles you tight
May 14, 2008 10:59 AM

Jun 2007
What's with all the product placement for Pizza Hut, lol! Also, I thought the pop at the EU was funny (Being British, pops at the EU are all I see in the national newspapers)!
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Jul 9, 2008 7:23 AM

Mar 2008
Requal said:
garywafu said:

Quite a naive view. Morality has no standard; it is only what you perceive to be 'right' and wrong'. If you are referring to ethics, it belongs to those who have power; who are you to deny them if you are below them?
Allow me to enlighten you: Humans cannot perceive morality for they think things that are right are right but they are wrong yet some things that are wrong seem totally right by them yet reality says otherwise once their walls are broken. Morality has a standard that of GOD. GOD may be a entity, a power beyond us but more importantly it is one of greater power than anything we are currently. Many can deny ones who are above thee for all maybe high but yet not higher than GOD of course. Surpassing a master is possible but quite difficult. Does this answer your questions?

...LOL!
Aug 24, 2008 4:55 PM

May 2008
Cihan said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

Lelouch saying that his plans couldnt fail because of a stupid cat while running into bushes was hilarious.

The emperor's pompous speech with everyone cheering him on was great, as it shows the difference between this show and other more simplistic ones that revolve around the story of bringing down an evil empire. This isnt a simple case of the good guys rising and beating a bad guy, but Lelouch trying to subvert the system with a unique power while maintaining his real identity a secret.

Great stuff.
This was a good episode a change of scenery then back to the point. let's see how it turns out. each character has a reason i could go and talk about the speech, but i'll leave as it is for now.
Aug 25, 2008 7:37 AM
Apr 2008
Most suspenseful scene involving a limping cat award goes to.... this!

Very funny and suspenseful at the same time...
Quality.

Sep 5, 2008 1:18 PM

Mar 2008
Ahah, excellent episode ^^

Lelouch almost beaten by a mere cat ^^
Sep 20, 2008 3:05 PM
Sep 2008
and that cat calls like this: Meow!

as if it wasnt cute enough that nanali says meow but everyone in the school hears it lol
Oct 6, 2008 8:59 AM

Mar 2008
Aw~
Just a cute episode to slower the pace a bit. More Pizza Hut! Yay! =P Cheerful episode, I liked it.
Oct 11, 2008 10:04 PM

Aug 2008
lostty said:
A really funny episode and it ended on a good note. I loved it!

I got the same thought :P

mmmm.... Pizza Hut... Why must they advertise it in here? It gets me hungry >_>
Nov 6, 2008 4:01 PM

Oct 2008
I. LOVE. CATS.
<('-'<) <( '-' )> (>'-')>
Dec 12, 2008 2:39 AM
Jul 2008
I laughed so much. That cat is the Devil himself xD
best episode so far
Dec 22, 2008 3:07 AM

Dec 2008
The blatant product placement was the funniest part of the episode though ^^
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Jan 10, 2009 10:31 AM

Sep 2008
Most intense episode, even though it was about a cat.
Apr 28, 2009 5:29 AM

Jun 2008
hmmm.. glad he's accepted already.. plus a student council member! hahaha. that cat thing was funny. hahaha... so that guy was lulu's father? hmmm..
May 20, 2009 11:50 AM

Jan 2009
Like anime where are either serious or hilarious moments!! The mask was so suitable for cat)) I give this episode 5 without a doubt

Jul 15, 2009 2:28 AM

Jan 2009
Kinda a filler but fun nonetheless. That emperor guy is creepy as hell. People are not equal? WTF?

Jul 26, 2009 9:10 PM

Feb 2008
the kings speech was epic!!!! People are not equal...lol
Jul 31, 2009 9:23 PM

Mar 2009
Quaker Oats sounding like the Fuerher...cute.
Sep 7, 2009 9:49 PM

Mar 2009
One of the most hilarious episodes I've ever seen.

Such an awesome episode.
Dec 22, 2009 9:54 PM

Jul 2009
LOL, EVERYONE WAS LOOKING FOR THE CAT! It was so funny.
And it was really tense, I've already eaten all of my nails.
Damn, this is getting way too epic.
Jan 15, 2010 6:02 PM

Nov 2008
Well, it was a nice change of pace. I liked it.
Feb 2, 2010 8:42 AM
Jul 2009
Feb 28, 2010 9:27 AM

Nov 2009
It was very funny episode.
Didn't like that speech at the end. At all.
Mar 14, 2010 5:55 PM

Mar 2010
i hate this episode.
Apr 17, 2010 4:08 PM

Nov 2008
Pretty nice ep, some light hearted stuff in there.
The cat chase was hilarious.

And what's with that Pizza Hut product placement?
May 29, 2010 6:46 PM

Dec 2009
Funny. I cracked up when theyre like, "Find some Cat Nip!!"
Jul 27, 2010 10:54 AM

Jan 2009
Gotta love cats XD

But besides that old fart's great speech that made wanna throw some tomatoes at him, this was pretty boring...

Seems like my initial suspicions that CG is overrated were justified -_-

Sep 3, 2010 6:34 AM

Jan 2010
funny :-)
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Sep 8, 2010 10:30 PM

Aug 2010
loved the episode, i wonder tho, how much did pizza hut have to pay for that product placement. meow lol.
Sep 15, 2010 4:07 PM

Feb 2009
Rowley said:

Good point, although I think Lelouch was only close to kissing her before and didn't actually kiss her.
Oct 29, 2010 6:23 AM
Jul 2010
This episode was really fun to watch though I preferred the previous ones. Still, I like this because it gave me time to absorb all the character's names (I'm still unable to remember every name so far). Lelouch's line about the cat was indeed amazing^^

About the speech... Damn the Emperor. It didn't start off bad but in the end... Well, I agree that everyone is different: just as he said, people are more or less intelligent or physically capable or whatever. But that doesn't mean that some people are superior. Different doesn't mean better or worse. Besides, people can always get better at something. But in the end, he didn't even say that people were better because of their capacities. What he really was saying with all of that talk was: Britannians are great and everyone else is junk so Britannians should rule.

I'm glad about Suzaku's reaction to the speech. It's nice to see he didn't say "All hail Britannia" like most people.
Dec 25, 2010 10:11 PM

Jul 2010
People are not equal. Even though this is true and depicts the real world well, it pisses me off. Ridiculing an Eleven even though he's doing way more for Britania then you are. Foolish people. I'm cheering for you Lelouch!
May 11, 2011 5:44 PM

Apr 2011
I loved the Emperors speech. The world would suck if all people were equal, there would be no way to decide on rules/punishments, judge morality or uphold ethics. There has to be someone/a group at the top to make and enforce some semblance of rules.

All men are equal=Communism/Fascism

All men are given equal opportunity and rights= Democracy (Cough*Republic* there are no true democracies*Sneezes*Electoral College*)

FIGHT!=Nationalism/Nazism (This is what I believe the Britannian Empire is.)

P.S. I'm American, and hold no political viewpoint. Let other people try and change the world if they can do better. I don't think there is a better option than the ones that already exist. Besides it takes to much work to change things.

What the hell! This comment hijacked itself, that was not the direction I was intending for it to go.

I was just going to talk about the cat. (And the fuel to the Yaoi fangirl fire that was this episode.)
May 23, 2011 10:27 PM

Feb 2010
Very funny episode... my fave part was when a girl was like "I'd actually like to kiss the president..." and her friend was like, "Don't come out of the closet now!." Hilarious.

I also LOVE nekos and Pizza Hut.

The dramatic speech at the end was a PERFECT introduction to Lelouch's father.

This show has lived up to the hype so far. Good stuff.
Aug 16, 2011 3:01 AM

Sep 2010
Pretty funny episode~

I want to eat pizza now :<
May 11, 2012 1:15 PM

Oct 2011
I loved this episode! It was totally lighthearted and fun, a nice contrast to the dark storyline. Nice to see everyone welcome Suzaku so nicely as well. But man, the Emperor's speech was really something. So dramatic and tense.
Jul 25, 2012 6:52 AM

Dec 2009
This was a funny episode, not much plot development but I liked it.

Oh man the Emperor disgust me.

Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 20, 2012 8:02 PM

Jul 2012
6 episodes in and still nothing interesting have happened. Is this series not my cup of tea or does it just have a slow start?
Sep 13, 2012 12:42 PM

Jul 2011
Beatnik said:

Great stuff.

Can't say it better, Im really falling in love with this anime + there are like 20 eps more to see ... Can it be more awesome ...
5/5
Sep 21, 2012 5:51 AM

Dec 2010
Really, I feel bad about getting trolled in such a way, yet almost with success. But forget about that, the ending was so epic... man, that Emperor - one of the most epic bosses ever!
Oct 28, 2012 12:51 AM

Sep 2011
Very funny episode, couldn't stop laughing! xD
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chilli-Kun - Apr 11, 2008

278 by pargz »»
May 13, 8:44 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 24 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

windy - Jul 29, 2007

241 by sharosharo »»
May 12, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Crystal - Mar 29, 2007

216 by sharosharo »»
May 12, 8:18 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crystal - Mar 22, 2007

391 by sharosharo »»
May 12, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

babykeiji - Feb 23, 2008

166 by sharosharo »»
May 12, 7:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.