Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 16, 2014 9:18 PM

Jul 2012
flowerheaddress said:
ANIME. ORIGINAL. ENDING.
AHHHHHHH yisssssssssssssssss.

It is?
Sep 16, 2014 9:32 PM
Jul 2012
mayukachan said:
flowerheaddress said:
ANIME. ORIGINAL. ENDING.
AHHHHHHH yisssssssssssssssss.

It is?

I could see it ending on a good note even just by following the manga to the next chapter. But
Think the second season possibility goes down because of original ending?
Sep 16, 2014 9:42 PM

Mar 2012
I hope we don't have an anime original ending.

While I know the manga at the moment might be infuriating for some, I think it's pretty damn brilliant. I think it would make for a great continuation...but I'm sure that might not happen. It really will depend a lot on DVD/Blu-Ray sales. I really hope this sells well, but I have my doubts.

This series reminds me a ton of Ano Hana (without the paranormal aspects). Ano Hana seemed to do pretty well for itself, so hopefully Ao Haru Ride gets the same treatment.
Sep 16, 2014 9:44 PM

Mar 2012
Honestly, this episode ended up being a lot better than I expected, and this is coming from someone that loves the manga.

This episode encapsulated everything perfectly and set the mood just right. The animation and the music was downright perfect and the execution of the seiyuu was remarkable as well.

I truly hope this series gets a continuation because it's a really great manga and there should be plenty of material for a second season right now.
Sep 16, 2014 9:44 PM

Oct 2013
Even though I've read the manga it made me a little teary eyed ;~;

Interested to see where they end this season at, but i think I have a good idea.

Sep 16, 2014 9:58 PM

Mar 2012
christinabunny said:
Even though I've read the manga it made me a little teary eyed ;~;

Interested to see where they end this season at, but i think I have a good idea.

There were a few things that kept me from believing this will get an anime original ending. The fact that they kept Nanami in the background scene at the hospital and that they kept the "Futaba collision with Kikuchi" in there. FYI non-manga readers, "mild spoiler" if this anime gets a sequel...get used to seeing Kikuchi and Nanami because they are going to be intricate parts of the future story.
Sep 16, 2014 10:09 PM

Sep 2014
Seeing more of Kou's past was heartbreaking. :(
Sep 17, 2014 5:33 AM
Dec 2013
Toucanbird said:
I hope we don't have an anime original ending.

While I know the manga at the moment might be infuriating for some, I think it's pretty damn brilliant. I think it would make for a great continuation...but I'm sure that might not happen. It really will depend a lot on DVD/Blu-Ray sales. I really hope this sells well, but I have my doubts.

This series reminds me a ton of Ano Hana (without the paranormal aspects). Ano Hana seemed to do pretty well for itself, so hopefully Ao Haru Ride gets the same treatment.

I agree. I don't want an anime original ending either. If it will have an anime original ending it would be really different from the manga and I don't want that. I mean the manga is frustrating at the moment but it's really exciting as well. And it's not that predictable in my opinion and that's why it is really good.

I don't think it will have a anime orginal ending because the anime has been following the manga closely so ending it with a different ending wouldn't be good.
Sep 17, 2014 6:20 AM

Feb 2014
so if they keep with manga and no original anime ending could this possibly mean a more likely chance for a season 2?
I mean I know the DVD/Blu-ray sales would have to do pretty good.

Here hoping *fingers crossed* :D
Sep 17, 2014 10:42 AM

Mar 2012
YES. This episode hit all the right notes for me. This was one of my absolute favorite parts in the manga, and the adaptation really did it justice (at least for me). Granted, I didn't think they'd cover some of the story content they did in this episode until the final episode, so now I'm wondering how they'll end off the series. The preview seems way too deliberately ambiguous for me to tell what's going to happen in the last episode.

Either way though, I'm just so happy with how they adapted this part of the story. I was kind of hoping that they'd take their time a bit more with this part of the story and have it be used as the conclusion of the anime adaptations, but it was great nonetheless. Kou screaming "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" stabbed me in the heart... even though I've known the backstory since long ago due to being a manga reader, I still had a giant lump in my throat while watching watery-eyed. Plus, the dialogue between Kou and Futaba on the hill and the atmosphere that was set up for that scene felt so strong without feeling too dramatic or hammy. Things like this can feel cheesy so easily, but somehow they managed to make it feel so genuine. Best episode of the series for me, unless the last episode pulls off something utterly amazing.

LOL at the groping scene though...
Sep 17, 2014 2:12 PM
Mar 2013
Pulling at my feelings.

Thanks shoujo.
Sep 17, 2014 3:20 PM

Jul 2012
PlumJuice said:

I actually feel like the introduction of Touma and the other girl who I shall not name is foreshadowing a second season in the making. If I was aiming for an original ending, I wouldn't have introduced them so far into this season.
Sep 17, 2014 5:39 PM

Oct 2012
Such a painful episode... it was very difficult to watch this.
But at the same time, that means it was well done in terms of emotions.
With his trauma finally resolved, let's hope thing get more lively and happy next time.
Sep 17, 2014 10:44 PM
Mar 2012
Ew, it's fucking Touma. My only wish from the anime adaption was not to see him, but now that's completely ruined. Please no season two with that horrible development.
Sep 18, 2014 2:15 PM

Aug 2014
LittleStar said:
I re-watched this episode again and again I'm all like:

;-;

Damn, Kou is just the best. He isn't perfect, but he also realized he doesn't need to. It's okay to actually show what he is feeling, even if things aren't so pretty.
The last scene was soooooooooo good.

Not so sure about the library scene... it was funny, but felt kinda off with the rest of the episode.
Sep 18, 2014 2:16 PM

Apr 2013
Great episode.

I'm wondering which role the new boy will play. There's only one episode left.

I hope that there'll be a second season.
Sep 18, 2014 6:51 PM

Mar 2012
mayukachan said:
PlumJuice said:

I actually feel like the introduction of Touma and the other girl who I shall not name is foreshadowing a second season in the making. If I was aiming for an original ending, I wouldn't have introduced them so far into this season.

Yeah, I was surprised that they were even shown at all. Since they skipped over Touma's first appearance in the manga, I thought they would leave him out entirely. I also don't recall the girl showing up at all this early in the story, so it's even more surprising that they teased us with a glimpse of her in this episode.

Anyone know how popular this series is in Japan? I highly doubted that there wouldb e a second season for the anime adaptation of AHR, but now I'm thinking that there's an actually possibility that there might be a season 2 made.
Sep 18, 2014 6:55 PM

Jul 2012
nauticalblue said:
Anyone know how popular this series is in Japan?

I know that the manga is very popular.
Sep 18, 2014 8:38 PM

Apr 2010
Heh heh, copping a feel, female style!
Sep 18, 2014 8:47 PM

Sep 2014
GAHH this episode gave me feels ;~;

I thought the animation in the last scene was really well done. Kou's expressions when he thinks about how he wanted someone to say "it's okay".... ugh :'(
Sep 19, 2014 8:28 AM

Aug 2011
This episode was upsetting and deep. It traveled into territory not many other anime/mangas would and it was pulled off so well.

I have to say that this anime is proving to be my favourite anime. It's beaten Kimi ni Todoke, but Kimi ni Todoke will remain my favourite manga.
Sep 19, 2014 5:45 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, so much things that hitted close to home in this episode. I had a big thing on my heart during the whole episode. Way to make me go all emotionnal T.T

When he said ''But for some feelings, reason alone isn't enough'', it stuck me particularly. When I had my depression an anxiety problem, people often told me and even myself that it was only in my head, that I shouldn't lose to my brain. But sometime, even knowing that you have irrational fear or feelings, it doesn't change anything, it just make it worse. You feel so powerless and useless, then you abandon.

Now I can understand why he despise studying so much. By trying to be so successful, like society tell us to be, he lost sight of what was really important to him. When he broke in tears, it really made me feel sad.

Futaba is such a professional stalker. She don't even need to follow him to know where he is. But I guess he needed that stalker. Also, poor ginger dude, got his balls crushed.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 19, 2014 6:28 PM

Dec 2013
I get the feeling that it's like this for a lot of Asian cultures, whereby the guys aren't expected to express their emotions much, or even at all, in their daily lives. The term "be a man" comes to mind, like it's a given that all stereotypical men are tough and always in control of their emotions or something like that. Coming from an Asian family I could really relate.

Still, I think it was around this point in the manga that I started getting really frustrated with Kou regarding how wishy washy he was when he dealt with Futaba after this point.

Touma and Narumi in a guest appearance. Sets things up perfectly for IF they wanna make a season 2. That said, if they follow this current pace, they'd have to skip like a dozen or so chapters to make things fit though.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 19, 2014 7:40 PM

Jul 2013
mayukachan said:
dekopinn said:
EW TOUMA APPEARED KILL HIM. He literally made me wanna rip my hair out every single page in the manga. ugh.

What's wrong with him?

im not spoiling for other people, but I found the way he did WHAT HE DID annoyingly persistent & almost stalkerish.

dekopinnSep 19, 2014 7:46 PM
"Komugi, are you there?"

Sep 19, 2014 10:47 PM

Jul 2012
out of topic, but dekopinn, you're signature makes me sad :'( meruem and komugi ahhhhh

and i found him better than kou, honestly. he's a more believable character and lightens up the story.
Sep 20, 2014 6:38 AM

Aug 2011
L-Ryoshi said:
I get the feeling that it's like this for a lot of Asian cultures, whereby the guys aren't expected to express their emotions much, or even at all, in their daily lives.

This is what I find so horrible about this culture. I mean it's not just asian culture, but english too. I mean how many times when a boy declares his feelings do people call them "weak" "a sap" They are so emasculated it's wrong.
Sep 20, 2014 11:37 AM

Jul 2013
letfelicityfly said:
y123y said:
Manga readers, do you think that next episode will end on Chapter 14 or Chapter 15? Just pick one without saying. Dont want to spoil it.

I think it will end on chapter 14, you know, the last scene of the chapter looks great for a last scene for the anime too

Plus

...I think they had a second season planned since the beginning (at least that's what I'm hoping for)

that'll actually be perfect and i'm really really counting on a second season!
Sep 20, 2014 11:42 AM

Jul 2013
dekopinn said:
EW TOUMA APPEARED KILL HIM. He literally made me wanna rip my hair out every single page in the manga. ugh.

Such a great episode. Kou makes my heart hurt.

YES THANK YOU. Can't wait until his arc is done and over with in the manga...
Sep 20, 2014 11:44 AM

Sep 2014
Haven't seen that anime but Ao Haru.. first thought 'Aomine and Haruka.. mm, okay'
Sep 20, 2014 10:48 PM

Oct 2011
Love it it was so emotional. I feel like Production I.G always makes me love the anime more than the manga. It was the same for Kimi ni Todoke. I was awesome to see my favorite scene animated :>

kawaii-despair said:
I SAW THOSE BITCHES.
Fuck.
Good it ends next week,we won't see them butting in.

Yep. Feeling the same here.
Sep 22, 2014 4:12 PM

Jun 2012
Sep 22, 2014 10:29 PM
Jun 2013
This is episode was really slow to me. I didnt really feel like a flashback was needed at this point and especially not for that long. They could have gotten the same effect with less time. The buildup to Kou opening up would have been able to stand on it's own without that much detail. Hopefully the final episode delivers.
Sep 23, 2014 1:48 PM

Jun 2008
All the feels
Sep 24, 2014 10:38 AM

Dec 2011
So we start things with a sad memory of Kou's... so his mother had lung cancer and further complications because of it... T.T

I got to shed manly man tears once again since my grandmother has recently died because of colon cancer that was also in its terminal stage...

Kou really managed to trick them XD.

LOL, Futaba just grabbed that guy by the D! I presume that guy will be Kou's rival for Futaba's heart eh...

C'mon already Kou... just accept that there are people who care and accept you T.T

Dem feelings doe T.T

LOL, Kou looked really scared XD.

Futaba-chan's trying so hard to get Kou on the right track T.T

Finally Kou understood!
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Sep 29, 2014 10:37 AM

Sep 2011
DEM FEELS.
Oct 3, 2014 8:34 AM

May 2010
This episode felt so different from others, like it was part of a different series.

Futabaaa, you did it girl! Finally Kou can breathe freely, proud of both of them.
Oct 3, 2014 9:07 PM

Sep 2011

Superb~
Oct 8, 2014 8:24 PM

Dec 2007
really intense episode. great animation. next arc characters introduced! i hope that's the sign of a second season.
Oct 11, 2014 9:58 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
That's the worst news anyone can receive. Koi being told his mom has cancer and having to visit her at the hospital until she passes away. Blaming himself because of too much studying which caused him to forget about his mom.

Futaba finally got through Kou. I like how he embraced her at the end. He's accepting and letting Futaba come into his life. It must have been a pain for Kou to shoulder all those depressed thoughts to himself.

Oct 13, 2014 3:55 PM
Jul 2014
Best episode so far. Dem feels ;-; It was portrayed realistically and I liked that. It must've been tough to go through that and blaming yourself.
Oct 14, 2014 4:19 AM

Dec 2012
deanzel said:

Touma appeared~!
"Self-Restraint~" L M A O
Kou's backstory hurt waaayyy more than in the manga ugh :'(
Oct 21, 2014 6:16 AM

Apr 2010
That delivery of Kou's past. Man's tears for me!
Nov 5, 2014 4:49 AM
May 2012
That is why I don't study..........Man, that....that is just so sad, man :/ I almost cried when Kou keeps on apologizing. Imagining that if I were in Kou's shoes ;_;
Futaba to the rescue, though. Thanks to her~ Futaba is <3 Really nice episode~

KellieDee said:
I feel more emotional than when I did reading the manga chapter.
These Koutaba moments are so precious!

Silver4000 said:
On the dream, was that girl, when Young Kou exited the hospital, someone important? She was entering the hospital, and... wel... she was detailed, and from the camera angle...

also, tat guy that ''lost his virginity'' with Futaba, is he going to be important?

I knew it!! When I saw that girl going inside the hospital after Kou went out and when I saw that orange-haired dude in the library, I knew that they will be (are) part of the show. Yeah, from the details and camera angles, you can always tell them. That part with the orange-haired dude ain't no "unfortunate accident", more like 'fortunate accident :3
Well, let's see the last episode. Hoping for a season 2!!
Nov 8, 2014 6:33 AM

Dec 2010
Great episode, actually made me understand Kou somewhat and not shun his character totally.

It totally bought me for the manga as well.
Nov 28, 2014 7:58 PM

Jul 2013
Like someone said in the comments when I was watching the anime "Jokes on you Ao Haru Ride! I actually wanted to ball my eyes out for the first 10 minutes! "

But really I was so not expecting to have the feels and cry. I feel like hugging my mother since I never spend time with her ;-;
Dec 18, 2014 1:34 AM

Nov 2013
These last two episodes made my brain start to smoke. Now it's getting personal. It reminds me a bit of that Roberta Flack song "Killing Me Softly". When personal situations in film resemble something you've lived through, it opens old wounds. Is this series enjoyable? Or is it painful to relive, if vicariously, a part of life I wish to leave behind me? Or am I curious to see how this resolves? Things suddenly "got real" here.
Dec 20, 2014 11:41 AM

Mar 2012
This episode pretty much hit me like a ton of bricks. I also lost a parent to lung cancer, and having to sit there and watch them get weaker and weaker day by day....it really hurts...there are things that run through your mind, whether there was something you could have done to save them, to catch it earlier.....I was caught up in something other than studying, but Kou reminded me of myself this entire episode. I didn't lose my father as early on in my life as Kou lost his mother, but I was still young, fresh out of high school, it's never easy...depending on how much of the ordeal you had to suffer through, seeing a very close loved one die slowly everyday from cancer....It really warps your mind when you're young.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Dec 25, 2014 7:49 AM

Sep 2013
Best episode so far though it's already the 11th one...
Kou's backstory hurt me more here T__T
And Touma's intro to the story is even funnier hahahah! Wish there were more episodes~~
Jan 13, 2015 4:00 PM

Jul 2012
I wonder if that guy that Futaba had an incident with will become a supporting character in the show. I really want to see him and Futaba meet each other xD

Wow, I started off disliking Kou at the start of the anime to now understanding him more and finding him relatable. What a turn of events haha. I hope he talks with his brother at some point, 'cause they seem to have a misunderstanding. It's not that Kou won't forgive his brother for what happened, he's blaming himself for not being able to take care of their mom like his brother asked him to.
Feb 5, 2015 12:17 PM

Aug 2013
Lala-p said:
deanzel said:

Touma appeared~!

Oh no. That ginger brat :| I can't stand this type of people.
rsc-plFeb 5, 2015 12:20 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2014

296 by Kotori-chama »»
Apr 13, 8:47 AM

» Season 2?

Roni1703 - Apr 3

27 by v4lerria_a »»
Apr 5, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2014

377 by Fenyy »»
Feb 23, 1:25 PM

» What do you think of the anime?

7ohan - Nov 11, 2023

24 by earthborn »»
Nov 15, 2023 7:30 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2014

156 by n0t_4dy »»
Oct 30, 2023 2:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.