Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 15, 2014 1:51 AM

Dec 2013
WHAT A AWESOME WAY AND GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP TO END THE MATCH. ENDING WILL BE PREPARATIONS FOR SEASON 2 I GUESS. OH MAN. GREAT MATCH. GJ HINATA AND KAGEYAMA. 5/5.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Sep 15, 2014 2:29 AM

Jun 2014
I'm crying.
Really hard right now.
I was sure that Karasuno would win.

And when they started to cry while eating..
I burst into tears.
Sep 15, 2014 4:13 AM

Apr 2009
The moment when you start thinking if you should lower KnB first season 10 just to make Haikyuu seem better lol. But I won't, even though I definitely enjoy these more realistic takes on sports better. Both (first) series have the impact value going on.

Aw, I marathoned from ep 1 to 24 in two days, can't believe there's only one more ep to go. I both hope and dread this getting a second season, because I can't help thinking that they'll screw the pacing somehow and we start having games that last seven episodes or something.

Btw, how faithful to the manga is this adaptation? I'm considering reading it since I can't say goodbye to these lovable idiots yet.
Sep 15, 2014 4:48 AM

May 2008
I knew this was going to happen and I didn't really want to see it but at the same time I was looking forward to it. I was curious how the execution was going to happen and it didn't disappoint me. The ending scene was brilliant, much better than in the manga. :D
Sep 15, 2014 5:00 AM

Dec 2013
Nothing really unexpected, in all sports manga MCs have a rival that they lose in the beggining and later surpass. Regardless, great episode, will finish it with a 9 because of the cringeworthy beggining of the series.
Sep 15, 2014 5:03 AM

Oct 2006
I wouldn't even be mad if Oikawa didn't grind my gears so much. Just insufferable.
Sep 15, 2014 7:30 AM

May 2014
You know what?? Fuck it, I've been rooting for this bunch for a whole 23 episodes, and watchem loose to a prick like that, made me cringe more than I'd like to.

I liked the episode, awesome as always, Production I.G knows how to pull our strings, and dammit, I don't like it, they're too effective at that
Sep 15, 2014 11:40 AM
Dec 2010
Fvck it, all that build-up, all the intensity, all the growth of the characters, leading to that one final point where they overcome the odds as proof of their growth...

..and they end it with a friggin loss because the all-mighty, oh-so-scarinly-serving Oikawa, used his clairvoyance and his almighty all-knowing brain to correctly predict how the last point would end?

There better be a second season, because ending a show (nevermind whatever the 25th episode will contain) will just be a damn downer that will make you regret ever watching the show.
Sep 15, 2014 12:41 PM

Dec 2013
I was so afraid of this episode.
This chapter made me cry in the manga and the anime had the same affect on me.
At the end when they cry while eating.. ugh breaks my heart. What an amazing cast of characters.
Sep 15, 2014 12:42 PM

Mar 2012
Best episode. The only right culmination. I would not have liked if they had won this game against an experienced team. This is not bad and it is not the end of the line. This defeat is good experience to improve as individuals and as a team and it will make them much more stronger in the future.
Oikawa is fucking great antagonist.
huntxSep 15, 2014 12:46 PM
Sep 15, 2014 2:24 PM

Feb 2012
Aa-ah.. 24 episodes just to see them lose. Kind of lame, they didn't even make it that far.
Sep 15, 2014 3:51 PM

Oct 2011
Oooh my I love it!! Q_Q
I cried. At a volley anime. This is awesome.
Clicked "like it", but should put "love it" -_-
Sep 15, 2014 4:28 PM

Jul 2011
"Eat... Eat... A little at a time... but, be sure... to grow stronger."
Oh god I'm crying so hard rn.
I don't regret watching the show at all. If anything, I'm glad I watched this show. It's better than most out there with the lack of character development and plot.

I demand a second season! Who's with me?! ;')
Sep 15, 2014 4:38 PM
Nov 2013
Goddamn, that piano music...
Sep 15, 2014 4:41 PM

Jan 2013
Why are people so surprised about them losing?

This is exactly what happened in "that basketball anime" that everyone loved.

There will be a winter tournament. They will win it all.
Sep 15, 2014 5:34 PM

Apr 2013
Karasuno lost the match, and there is only one episode left. Honestly not sure what I’m more sad about.
Sep 15, 2014 7:43 PM

Feb 2009
someone help me out here,

i was under the impression this was the last tournament for the 3rd years?

is that true? its going to take down their team alot if they don't have some of those 3rd years
Sep 15, 2014 7:51 PM

Nov 2013
SolviteSekai said:

+1

but it was great episode nonetheless
Sep 15, 2014 8:02 PM

Aug 2008
awww....they lost.Are we moving to Winter Cup? Not a fan of volleyball but surprisingly,enjoy this anime.

SolviteSekai said:

What's the difference between Winter Cup and Inter High? Which one is more prestigious?
ZapredonSep 15, 2014 8:09 PM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 15, 2014 10:36 PM

Mar 2012
Damn it, got something in my eye...

So we're getting a second season of this, right?
Sep 16, 2014 12:20 AM

Dec 2013
I'm so glad that I started the sports genre with HK!! :')
Sep 16, 2014 2:31 AM

Oct 2013
And another reason to love this anime, it didn't go the cheap route à la:"They are the MC's, they did their best so they win!" They lost, felt the pain, but will grow stronger because of it.

Best Anime of the last few seasons imo <3
Sep 16, 2014 2:49 AM

Oct 2010
(-_- #) weak as fuck. I could understand them losing with several episodes left and more tournaments to be played, but having them lose at the second to last episode?

Troll anime.
Sep 16, 2014 2:53 AM

Dec 2013
Allsiss said:
And another reason to love this anime, it didn't go the cheap route à la:"They are the MC's, they did their best so they win!" They lost, felt the pain, but will grow stronger because of it.

Best Anime of the last few seasons imo <3

That actually happens quite a lot in sports manga/anime
examples:
cruzateuSep 19, 2014 2:28 AM
Sep 16, 2014 3:33 AM

Aug 2008
Season 2 when? Does the manga has enough material?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 16, 2014 4:55 AM

Jun 2008
I loved this series. It had it all. It was a nail biter until the end. Like everyone I thought they would win. Unlike US animation where the underdog always wins, it's good to see the underdog lose not because they are bad. Just the opposite. Their opponent had that extra "umph".
Also a lot can be learned in a loss. This just means the next season (or tournament) they will be that much better. Now I do want a season 2.

As for if there's enough material for a second season. As of this episode they only went through 69 chapters and there was 121 chapters as of last week. So if they wait a season or two then there will be there would be then 80 chapters to work with. Plenty of material. They could also do the "filler" crossover with Niseko. :D
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Sep 16, 2014 9:07 AM

Sep 2009
This is the last match for the third years right? Does that mean we won't be seeing sugawara playing again...
Sep 16, 2014 9:26 PM

Jun 2012
That last scene made me hungry, until I saw the tears. Then I got thirsty.
Sep 17, 2014 12:07 AM

Mar 2010
Hobi said:
batossai said:
feels like i wasted my time watching the past 24 episodes. Lets watch 24 episodes just for the show to end with a loss. complete b.s.

funny, this was the first thing i thought the second they lost. I was very frustrated (and still am). But i'm also glad the author chose to let them lose, because this way i got to feel a little bit how the characters felt when they lost, and it's really hard, i'm frustrated to no end, and imagine how real players losing after so much training in real life.

And besides, the fact they lost means that in the end when they do win (i hope lol otherwise i'll be in a raging state), we will be double happy.

And Oikawa was very, very annoying. Japan exccels in making these type of characters.

In the end when hinata was eating he appeared to be so mall and fragile fuck i felt so sorry for him.

the show ends next episode we wont see them win, and i didnt see an announcement about a second season. so ya it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Sep 17, 2014 5:41 AM

Jun 2008
batossai said:
the show ends next episode we wont see them win, and i didnt see an announcement about a second season. so ya it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
it will probably be like they did with Yowamushi Pedal where they stated that there would be a 2nd season at the end of the episode. I say just watch. ;)

Sep 17, 2014 12:32 PM
Feb 2014
Let's hope a season 2 is in the making!
Sep 17, 2014 12:37 PM

Dec 2012
I cried.
Sep 17, 2014 12:38 PM

Dec 2012
nehnehneji said:
LittleStar said:
*crying*
I wanted them to win!
I thought they gonna win!
They fought so hard!
This hurt so much!
Why!? ;(

But this was really amazing episode!
There must be second season!

*still crying*

^ Exactly!!!!!!!! Man both teams were amazing... but but... Also that post ED scene... ;_;
Sep 17, 2014 3:43 PM
Apr 2014
Shinimiras said:
Btw, how faithful to the manga is this adaptation? I'm considering reading it since I can't say goodbye to these lovable idiots yet.

It's completely faithful, and the manga is great! Do read it, I find the match 'highlights' more impactful in the manga, it handles the suspense and Hinata's motion very well. :D The anime is great too, of course, this is everything I ever wanted from a sports series. <3
Sep 17, 2014 9:32 PM

Mar 2014
I cried (inside), especially at that scene where they were crying and eating at the same time.
Sep 18, 2014 4:58 AM

Jun 2008
Considering that Hinata and Kageyama are first years AND the stories have been focused on them there are still "two years" of tournaments ahead of them. I also don't see the manga ending any time soon. A second season would just be the start of a good sports shounen series, much like PoT.

Sep 18, 2014 5:04 AM

Jan 2013
so many newbie sports anime fans.

The mc team always loses their first tournament.

This is normal. The shows selling 20k+ copies so idk what you crybabies are upset about. Be patient or read the manga.
Sep 18, 2014 8:59 PM

Jul 2012
^ Yeah, expected it but damn. Dem feels.

cruzateu said:

Spoiler tag that yo. The third show you mentioned didn't get that far.
Sep 18, 2014 9:30 PM

Oct 2013
SolviteSekai said:

This is normal. The shows selling 20k+ copies so idk what you crybabies are upset about. Be patient or read the manga.

But do they loose their games just in their third match of the preliminaries? In a toe to toe game? In a game that takes a long time(5.5 well paced episodes)? In a game that eliminates the team from the tournament(I'm talking of the first defeat)? At the end of the season? Rarely.

Well in the end is not the defeat, that is shocking(in a good way. At least for me), but the fact of how it was made.
Examples:
- In Kuroko no Basket, the team totally overwelmed, and they didn't went away of the tournament because of that. They had to loose 2 more games that were basically off screened.
- Slam Dunk, they lost the game but then continued in the tournament, being in the end able to qualify to the nationals.

About a second season, that is almost certain! Publisher doing well, Studio Animation doing incredibly well, TV Station doing incredibly well, Distributor doing incredibly well, Merchandise creators and retailers doing incredibly well.
It will be a crime for all of them if there isn't a continuation. But it probably will take 1 year to give space for another season.
Sep 19, 2014 2:27 AM

Dec 2013
mayukachan said:
^ Yeah, expected it but damn. Dem feels.

cruzateu said:

Spoiler tag that yo. The third show you mentioned didn't get that far.

sorry, i forgot
Sep 19, 2014 2:30 AM

Dec 2013
bigivelfhq said:
SolviteSekai said:

But do they loose their games just in their third match of the preliminaries? In a toe to toe game? In a game that takes a long time(5.5 well paced episodes)? In a game that eliminates the team from the tournament(I'm talking of the first defeat)? At the end of the season? Rarely.

Well in the end is not the defeat, that is shocking(in a good way. At least for me), but the fact of how it was made.
Examples:
- In Kuroko no Basket, the team totally overwelmed, and they didn't went away of the tournament because of that. They had to loose 2 more games that were basically off screened.
- Slam Dunk, they lost the game but then continued in the tournament, being in the end able to qualify to the nationals.

About a second season, that is almost certain! Publisher doing well, Studio Animation doing incredibly well, TV Station doing incredibly well, Distributor doing incredibly well, Merchandise creators and retailers doing incredibly well.
It will be a crime for all of them if there isn't a continuation. But it probably will take 1 year to give space for another season.

MCs only lose to rivals, so in haykiuu they had to lose here or keep going forever. As no other team was presented to us, it was pretty obvious what was going to happen.
Sep 19, 2014 9:16 AM

Oct 2013
cruzateu said:
bigivelfhq said:

Examples:

MCs only lose to rivals, so in haykiuu they had to lose here or keep going forever. As no other team was presented to us, it was pretty obvious what was going to happen.

Sorry but they had more! Shiratorizawa and Wakutami minami.
Shiratorizawa is the absolute king, and so it would made sense that they would lose against it.
Wakutami minami is the new grown team, so it would be interesting that a team that grew earlier than Karasuno would win against them.
You also had the one of the previous top 4 left team. One of them being Niiyama, that lost against Wakutami Minami in the 2nd round, but that in the anime references to it were totally removed.
Sep 19, 2014 9:58 AM

Dec 2013
bigivelfhq said:
cruzateu said:

Shiratorizawa is the absolute king, and so it would made sense that they would lose against it.
Wakutami minami is the new grown team, so it would be interesting that a team that grew earlier than Karasuno would win against them.
You also had the one of the previous top 4 left team. One of them being Niiyama, that lost against Wakutami Minami in the 2nd round, but that in the anime references to it were totally removed.

They weren't rivals, they were just introduced in the beggining of the tournament as big teams. They weren't even introduced as opponents.

Example, dateko: They were introduced before their game, and there was already "sparks" between them, mainly the white haired dude guy.

Now, please tell me. When these teams you said even appeared or even looked at karasuno?

The fact that the discussion of the game wasn't being made with the possible next opponents, but with 3 little girls was another giveaway
Sep 19, 2014 5:07 PM

Oct 2013
cruzateu said:
bigivelfhq said:

They weren't rivals, they were just introduced in the beggining of the tournament as big teams. They weren't even introduced as opponents.

Example, dateko: They were introduced before their game, and there was already "sparks" between them, mainly the white haired dude guy.

Now, please tell me. When these teams you said even appeared or even looked at karasuno?

The fact that the discussion of the game wasn't being made with the possible next opponents, but with 3 little girls was another giveaway

Shiratorizawa first direct reference appeared in the episode after Karasuno won against Aoba Josai practice game. There was already an indirect reference in the second episode when Kageyama talked about not being able to go to the best volleyball school.

Wakutani Minami first direct reference was at the same time as Datekou. Datekou had an indirect reference before with the Asahi introduction.

Datekou, Aoba Josai, Wakutani Minami and Shiratorizawa were all presented as opponents to be careful against. The biggest focus when presenting all of those teams was to Ushiwaka, the Super Ace of Shiratorizawa.

The anime didn't clarified that very well, but the tournament wasn't being made all in the same gym, There were 4 distinct gyms in different locations(Niiyama, Shiratori, Komayama and Sendai(Sendai is where our team was)) where Shiratorizawa(In shiratori) and Wakutani Minami(Niiyama) were having their games. Only after winning the game after the one with Aoba Josai would they be able to play with teams of the other gyms. So is obvious that the others teams wouldn't run from Gym to Gym to see a simple potential adversary game, at least not as earlier has the 3rd game, more when we are talking of Karasuno a team that right now isn't seen as good.

Shiratorizawa was presented time and time again as the best team! The TEAM to beat.
Wakutani Minami was presented as the big new team, the possible surprise, the team that was able to defeat a previous Top 4 team, Niiyama(Is funny how the anime removed all the references to Niiyama, and so also Wakutani Minami victory in the TV news).

For example in Slam Dunk and Kuroko no Basket the teams first lose wasn't against "rivals" but against the best team, the TEAM to beat! Just like Shiratorizawa was presented. In Slam Dunk they lost against "Kainan" and in Kuroko no Basket they lost against "Teikou". Both teams were presented way later in the tournament. Teikou only in the beginning of the second half of the season.
The first big and hard stepping stone, Shoyo in Slam Dunk and Shutoku in Kuroko no Basket, was defeated by the main characters.
Aoba Josai was that first big and hard stepping stone in Haikyuu!! as well, given that the game as until the end of the season, expecting a win wasn't out of the norm. Look at Ookiku no Furikabutte(Big Windup) they fought against their first big stepping stone and the game went until the end of the season as well and they won. It seems that for you that would be a surprise because is obvious that they would lose against such team.
bigivelfhqSep 19, 2014 5:24 PM
Sep 19, 2014 5:27 PM

Dec 2013
i know none of them were playing in that gymnasium, that was obivous, there were like 2 or 3 blocks/fields to play

Showing some characters is not introducing them, we know nothing about the players of the teams you mentioned outside that "they have these faces"

Again, all these references don't show anything about the players, just that "they won", they're strong"

bigivelfhq said:
In Slam Dunk they lost against "Kainan" and in Kuroko no Basket they lost against "Teikou". Both teams were presented way later in the tournament.

1.I think you mean Aomine's team, not teikou
2.Kainan was introduced way early, they even had a match against each other. One of the players met the MC and they talked, captain was shown to have a rivalry with MC's team captain etc. The Opponent was in sight before they even went to the previous match
3.Aomine was introduced when Kuroko had a match against Midorima. Then Momo appeared, then before the match they watched Aomine play(even if just a little). The Opponent was in sight before they even went to the previous match

bigivelfhq said:
The first big and hard stepping stone, Shoyo in Slam Dunk and Shutoku in Kuroko no Basket, was defeated by the main characters.Aoba Josai was that first big and hard stepping stone in Haikyuu!! as well, given that the game as until the end of the season, expecting a win wasn't out of the norm. Look at Ookiku no Furikabutte(Big Windup) they fought against their first big stepping stone and the game went until the end of the season as well and they won. It seems that for you that would be a surprise because is obvious that they loose against such team.

Nothing to do with them losing here

As i said, if Karasuno had any chance to win, someone from the next match would be showed bumping on hinata, they would finish the match early and come watch karasuno's match, they would warm up in the same place, etc
Sep 19, 2014 8:12 PM

Oct 2013
cruzateu said:
i know none of them were playing in that gymnasium, that was obivous, there were like 2 or 3 blocks/fields to play

cruzateu said:

As i said, if Karasuno had any chance to win, someone from the next match would be showed bumping on hinata, they would finish the match early and come watch karasuno's match, they would warm up in the same place, etc

- They wouldn't bump against Hinata because they are in another gymnasium, location!
- They wouldn't finish the match early enough to watch their matches because the reason there are multiple gymnasiums is because the games occur in the same time. Also the game was the first of the day. If the rival team would have won, it would have to play the second game of the day with a short interval that wouldn't permit it to go to another gym and than return. Note that we're talking of a prefecture here! The gyms aren't right next to each other.
- They wouldn't warm up in the same place because they are in a different Gym!

Is because of all those limitations that they heard of what the other teams did on TV.

cruzateu said:

bigivelfhq said:
In Slam Dunk they lost against "Kainan" and in Kuroko no Basket they lost against "Teikou". Both teams were presented way later in the tournament.

1.I think you mean Aomine's team, not teikou
2.Kainan was introduced way early, they even had a match against each other. One of the players met the MC and they talked, captain was shown to have a rivalry with MC's team captain etc. The Opponent was in sight before they even went to the previous match
3.Aomine was introduced when Kuroko had a match against Midorima. Then Momo appeared, then before the match they watched Aomine play(even if just a little). The Opponent was in sight before they even went to the previous match

1. Yep, I was talking of Touou! My bad.
2. You're confusing Kainan with Ryonan! Kainan is Maki team not Sendoh and Uozumi Team. Shohoku only lost against Kainan they won against Ryonan. I'm obviously not talking about practice games, where they lost against Ryonan. There was no kind of rivalry of Kainan and Shohoku. The only thing that was there was that Kainan was presented has the best team of their prefecture just like Shiratorizawa.
3. Aomine was introduced right after the Midorima match against Kuroko in episode 13 when Midorima was in the rain and received Momo phone call. The match after Midorima was already against Aomine, where they lost. They didn't had any previous match at all. Aomine was introduced right before he won against them! There wasn't any previous introduction like you're talking.

cruzateu said:

Showing some characters is not introducing them, we know nothing about the players of the teams you mentioned outside that "they have these faces"
Again, all these references don't show anything about the players, just that "they won", they're strong"

Like in Aomine, that in depth introduction could very well be made after Aoba Josai game. Shiratorizawa Ushiwaka and Wakunan Minami Takeru at least had their names told, their achievements shown even before Aobo Josai and even Datekou games, and were previously placed as future opponents.
Just the fact that those characters were referred more than once and that our team new about them and even saw their results in the tournament, is enough of an hint for future confrontation.

Do you know what an introduction means? It doesn't mean seeing the personality of the person and having him communicate in some way with the main characters or main team. The Small Giant, we don't know his personality, there is no kind of communication with any main character or the main team, and we don't even know his face. Are you saying he wasn't introduced? That is preposterous.

It seems for you it would be obvious for Seirin to lose against Midorima team, he was Kuroko rival, it was the last game to go to the prefecture games(championship league) and there was nobody else introduced at all(well we knew there was other people of the generation of miracles since the beginning, but they didn't even had faces so for you that don't even is an introduction). Ah, it wasn't made in the end of the season, so you were already expecting them to win, but that brings the case of Ookiku no Furikabutte, it was the end of the season and there was no rival team expecting for them later, so it was obvious that they would lose. Wait? But they didn't lose, they won!
bigivelfhqSep 19, 2014 8:17 PM
Sep 20, 2014 8:45 AM

Dec 2013
bigivelfhq said:

- They wouldn't bump against Hinata because they are in another gymnasium, location!
- They wouldn't finish the match early enough to watch their matches because the reason there are multiple gymnasiums is because the games occur in the same time. Also the game was the first of the day. If the rival team would have won, it would have to play the second game of the day with a short interval that wouldn't permit it to go to another gym and than return. Note that we're talking of a prefecture here! The gyms aren't right next to each other.
- They wouldn't warm up in the same place because they are in a different Gym!

Is because of all those limitations that they heard of what the other teams did on TV.

i'm not saying this isn't true, i'm stating examples. There are managers, they could have bumped into them on the first day to see the matches, there would be a stupid situation where hinata lose himself and meets one of them (already happened). If there was going to be a next match, the characters would have been presented beforehand in any way, the creator could easily create a scenario that they're presented.
bigivelfhq said:

1. Yep, I was talking of Touou! My bad.
2. You're confusing Kainan with Ryonan! Kainan is Maki team not Sendoh and Uozumi Team. Shohoku only lost against Kainan they won against Ryonan. I'm obviously not talking about practice games, where they lost against Ryonan. There was no kind of rivalry of Kainan and Shohoku. The only thing that was there was that Kainan was presented has the best team of their prefecture just like Shiratorizawa.
3. Aomine was introduced right after the Midorima match against Kuroko in episode 13 when Midorima was in the rain and received Momo phone call. The match after Midorima was already against Aomine, where they lost. They didn't had any previous match at all. Aomine was introduced right before he won against them! There wasn't any previous introduction like you're talking.

2.Well sorry, clearly i don't remember the manga clearly, so i can't answer this correctly. Only one thing i remember is that they do have an introduction before the match.(like 3 out of the 5 characters i think) - don't need to take my word on it
3.http://mangafox.me/manga/kuroko_no_basuke/v04/c033/25.html
http://mangafox.me/manga/kuroko_no_basuke/v04/c033/26.html
http://mangafox.me/manga/kuroko_no_basuke/v04/c033/27.html

During the 4th quarter of the match against midorima

bigivelfhq said:

Like in Aomine, that in depth introduction could very well be made after Aoba Josai game. Shiratorizawa Ushiwaka and Wakunan Minami Takeru at least had their names told, their achievements shown even before Aobo Josai and even Datekou games, and were previously placed as future opponents.
Just the fact that those characters were referred more than once and that our team new about them and even saw their results in the tournament, is enough of an hint for future confrontation.

Do you know what an introduction means? It doesn't mean seeing the personality of the person and having him communicate in some way with the main characters or main team. The Small Giant, we don't know his personality, there is no kind of communication with any main character or the main team, and we don't even know his face. Are you saying he wasn't introduced? That is preposterous.

It seems for you it would be obvious for Seirin to lose against Midorima team, he was Kuroko rival, it was the last game to go to the prefecture games(championship league) and there was nobody else introduced at all(well we knew there was other people of the generation of miracles since the beginning, but they didn't even had faces so for you that don't even is an introduction). Ah, it wasn't made in the end of the season, so you were already expecting them to win, but that brings the case of Ookiku no Furikabutte, it was the end of the season and there was no rival team expecting for them later, so it was obvious that they would lose. Wait? But they didn't lose, they won!

and i got tired of discussing -_-

Sorry, you can consider yourself right because i'm tired of discussing
Sep 20, 2014 5:35 PM

Aug 2012
Then I proceeded to wipe off my tears.
Sep 20, 2014 5:49 PM
Aug 2011
This was amazing.

Character interactions are still top-notch and I love that.
Sep 21, 2014 12:24 PM

Jun 2012
I didnt think they'd actually lose :O Well if volleyball is like most sports then it will have a fall spring tournament (I swear japans school years started in spring?) as well but the main problem will be the third years.
Sol_OuSep 21, 2014 1:15 PM
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

303 by isxelle »»
Apr 28, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2014

154 by AnimeBeckYor »»
Apr 20, 7:37 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2014

325 by Carpal_Tunnel69 »»
Apr 9, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2014

169 by ElGuaguaso »»
Mar 29, 12:50 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2014

171 by Arizona89 »»
Mar 27, 6:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.