Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 13, 2014 12:27 PM

Jun 2014
stefeman said:
SweDark said:
Oh god, this series is taking my breath away now. I'm longing for the next episode more than I've ever done to any anime before.

I also value this series higher in terms of interest compared to SAO or Aldnoah..

I guess i'm a sucker for godlike main characters

Hey, nothing wrong with that XD

As long as the character is portrayed well, weak or godlike, I can accept that.
Sep 13, 2014 12:28 PM
Oct 2013
Matheine said:
LOL
Tatsuya went superman in this episode.
He catch a bullet with his hand and disintegrate them.
He just slice those people in half.
He freaking disintegrate a truck.
He went super saiyan at the end.

Next episode: He will go as Iron Man.

Warmachine his suits black not red and gold
“How strange and foolish is man. He loses his health in gaining wealth. Then, to regain his health he wastes his wealth. He ruins his present while worrying about his future, but weeps in the future by recalling his past. He lives as though death shall never come to him, but dies in a way as if he were never born”
― Imam Ali as
Sep 13, 2014 12:30 PM

Sep 2011
llcruz said:
Oniisama is too op, he can cut people's arms and destroy bullets with just his hands.

And what just happened with that kiss a the end? I didn't understand. Did he just level up to a more powerful being than jesus?

His true potential is being

I guess Miyuki is the key for that.
Sep 13, 2014 12:30 PM

Apr 2014
My favourite episode of the series so far. Still missing out on the atmosphere of the LN a bit, but it would be difficult to place that in the anime
Sep 13, 2014 12:42 PM

Aug 2010
That was actually really awesome :D Seeing this shit animated made me hyped XD

First time in the entire series lol I guess Yokohama's action fits being adapted more than anything else previously done hehe.

Dat Tatsuya BAness and HAX was so fun to see :D Mercilessly cutting up bitches, stopping and dispersing bullets like nothing and dispersing a truck from beyond many layers of walls leaving the driver to get owned XD

Loved their reactions to Tatsuya being a special officer and the seal releasing scene was awesome too :D

Time to go Jesus mode XD
Sep 13, 2014 12:46 PM

Apr 2013
oh you thought tatsuya was not strong enough already?

time to release that limiter and on top he gets his own designed combat suit

pretty good episode, i really like thel combat in this series
Sep 13, 2014 12:48 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, this episode was paced pretty well. That said they did only adapt one chapter. Tatsuya's limiter is removed and so is Miyuki's. It's not explained but to seal Tatsuya's power Miyuki used half her own power. It's for this reason that her magic sometimes goes out of control.
Sep 13, 2014 12:50 PM

Jan 2012
Tastuya sure looked badass this ep oO

And I'm soo sooooo tired how Miyuki blushing all the time when looking at her brother...

Anyway nice ep
Sep 13, 2014 12:55 PM
Feb 2013
Sheeees, Tatsuya whether or not Miyuki releases his limiter or not he would still be able to kick those terrorist's ass. Man, why can we see the protagonist Tatsuya get his ass kick badly and then bounces back at the last moment?
Sep 13, 2014 12:56 PM

Dec 2011
I haven't get that excited with this for quite some episode.....can't wait for next episode to see Tatsuya owing everyone with everything he had.
Sep 13, 2014 12:58 PM

Oct 2013
RazorRamona200 said:
Sheeees, Tatsuya whether or not Miyuki releases his limiter or not he would still be able to kick those terrorist's ass. Man, why can we see the protagonist Tatsuya get his ass kick badly and then bounces back at the last moment?

You're watching the wrong series then.
Sep 13, 2014 1:01 PM
Jul 2018
Wow...the way how Tatsuya caught the terrorists' bullets like that was pretty awesome.
Sep 13, 2014 1:01 PM

Jul 2014
bastek66 said:
PRAISE THE ONII-SAMA

Jesus Onii-sama too STRONK, can't wait to see him going full ham next ep.
Sep 13, 2014 1:03 PM

Jul 2012
millie10468 said:
RazorRamona200 said:

You're watching the wrong series then.

I watch it because he's fucking badass hahaha xD
raz3xSep 13, 2014 1:06 PM
Sep 13, 2014 1:12 PM

Sep 2013
MOFO SHIBA TATSUYA!! REMEMBER THE NAME! :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H45ej9HEFdA

Tatsuya owning super anti magic guns bare handed and cutting people in half and that's not even his full power :O
<3 Miyuki <3 unleashing the demon, who went to get his war suit to right and left some b!tches.

Honoka wishes that Tatsuya would cut her in half ;) and Shizuku sure knows her sh!t XD
Whats up with Juumonji and that guy thou? :(
Sep 13, 2014 1:15 PM
Apr 2014
Onii-sama OP, rito NERF.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Sep 13, 2014 1:26 PM
Jan 2014
Bluey said:
Disables their weapons, essentially making them defenseless; QUICK ONI-SAMA sever their limbs and slaughter all of them. Love how they bring high school kids in on top secret military shit and have them not just fighting but fuck'n massacring terrorists.

Haha, best unintentional comedy Ive seen this year. Jesus Son of Zeus Neo Tatsuya mercilessly killing everyone and vaporizing vehicles through like 5 walls, leaving them untouched.

With Gary Stu getting his full-power released, I'm gonna take a shot and say next weeks going to be hilarious.

Great post. +1

Pretty much the only reason I'm watching it. Whenever Godsuya/Jesus-kun is faced with enemies and completely obliterates them I just can't hold my laughter. I don't know if I have a strange sense of humour, but when he vaporized the truck trailer through all those walls totally cracked me up. Can't even picture the damage he'll do in the next episode with his limiter off. I'm pretty sure he has it in order to prevent another Big Bang. This really is the best unintentional comedy this year, if not of all time.
Sep 13, 2014 1:26 PM

May 2014
He didn't grab the bullet, he used mist dispersion + the power of yotsuba (casting without a CAD) and did as if he grabbed it so the clever minds wouldn't notice he had such a power. Properly explained in the LN as usual, becomes a shitty scene in the anime.
Sep 13, 2014 1:30 PM

May 2013
Well, it was decent episode, but nothing special.

• Apart from one imbecile, Chinese soldiers were surprisingly not retarded. Though they were still just cannon fodder without special training.
  • Total lack of tension. All that assault looked like it was nothing important.
  • Fights weren't bad, but rushed as hell and completely undemanding.
  • On the other hand limiter release scene was draged too much.
  • Tatsuya being anticlimatic as always.
No wonder, dragon with no head must be retarded.
Sep 13, 2014 1:32 PM

May 2014
-He isn't catching the bullets,he's just decomposing them,he's just using theatrics to hide his decomp magic,same with the slicing of body parts,he's just decomposing them.

-kinda enjoyed this ep,especially the reveal that he is with the military,the LN's kinda didn't give everyone's reactions in the text,and I had to leave it to my imagination.

@ RazorRamona200 it'll be boring if he goes too much shonen type getting his ass kicked and bouncing back because of the power of friendship :heh

-something that wasn't really shown that much here but was in the LN,is that Tatsuya kind of started caring for his friends aside from Miyuki and also wanted to get them to safety,take that "MC has no character development" bashers.And no one seems to mention yet how bloodthirsty Erika and Mikihiko are here,with no reservations for slicing up or blowing enemies.Kind of wanted Tatusya's internal monologue that Erika seems to be too happy that she gets to kill...I mean gets to fight bad guys :)

-some of the scenes were jumbled up,but didn't mind them too much.

-I'm kinda worried how they will fit First high student's fights,Masaki's and 3rd high's fights and Tatsuya's fights in 2 eps.I'm crossing fingers for 2 OL eps :)
Sep 13, 2014 1:36 PM
Oct 2012
terrestia said:
He didn't grab the bullet, he used mist dispersion + the power of yotsuba (casting without a CAD) and did as if he grabbed it so the clever minds wouldn't notice he had such a power. Properly explained in the LN as usual, becomes a shitty scene in the anime.

The animation on that part was fine: they did actually show him disintegrating the bullet before he closed his hand. They also kept the scene where Tatsuya was happy that Cardinal George misread what he had done, showing that he was still keeping decomposition secret per Kazama's instructions back in episode 11.

Darkreaperix: Indeed, the downplaying of Erika has been a disappointment. Erika loves carnage, she is Kali dancing through a field of blood waving her sword around, but you would never know it from this show.
Takuan_SohoSep 13, 2014 1:41 PM
Sep 13, 2014 1:40 PM

Apr 2012
The bullet disintegration was pretty cool, but holy shit wall hacks, 360 no scope through the fucking wall, vaporized

get reckt'd..........

so Miyuki released his seal? How more op can he get lol. It's overkill as is.
zzzeallySep 13, 2014 1:44 PM

Sep 13, 2014 1:44 PM

Aug 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
terrestia said:

The animation on that part was fine: they did actually show him disintegrating the bullet before he closed his hand. They also kept the scene where Tatsuya was happy that Cardinal George misread what he had done, showing that he was still keeping decomposition secret per Kazama's instructions back in episode 11.

I thought Tatsuya was more relieved rather than happy after all had Curious George thought otherwise and continued to press the issue well let's just say that curiosity killed the cat or the monkey. XD

As for keeping his ability a secret well the cat is sorta outta the bag on this one except that it was among friends so he should be fine.
Sep 13, 2014 1:48 PM

Dec 2009
Was so excited!! Been waiting on people to know that Tatsuya was with the JSDF, now they all know how badass Tatsuya is. I want them to know he with the top clan too.

Tatsuya is a god!
Sep 13, 2014 1:57 PM

Jul 2009
Takuan_Soho said:
tsubasalover said:
Oh, I see. I cannot wait.

I haven't had a chance to see it (still have 30 minutes to wait), but I really liked this part in the novel and not sure how it was animated. Here is the text.

I particularly liked the line in bold. That is a direct reference that Tatsuya is based on Shiva. Even in a bad translation, the description has power.

After seeing the episode and now reading that small excerpt, I got to say the image I had in my head was much better. I can totally see how they could've enhanced the scene. Maybe give a big sonic boom effect as the sound department was slightly lacking. And perhaps someone commenting/smiling at the sight of his limiter release. Ah well.
Sep 13, 2014 2:02 PM
Oct 2012
VanishingKira said:
As if Tatsuya wasn't enough of a god already,a kiss from his imouto to unleash his true power *deep sigh*

Laughed at this,it was pretty stupid.

Why was it stupid?
That Tatsuya's power was being kept locked up was explained in episode 18.

And if you think that Tatsuya is a god

Jakkubus: which person was an "imbecile"? The guy attacking Tatsuya? The writer made it clear that he switched to a knife attack because he knew his gun was useless, so it was not him being stupid.

As for the other people. The writer then goes on at some length in the novel that what upset the GAA guerrillas was how unexpected Tatsuya's powers were. He also makes it clear that the Japanese were equally shocked by it as well.
Takuan_SohoSep 13, 2014 2:12 PM
Sep 13, 2014 2:11 PM

May 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
VanishingKira said:
As if Tatsuya wasn't enough of a god already,a kiss from his imouto to unleash his true power *deep sigh*

Laughed at this,it was pretty stupid.

Why was it stupid?
That Tatsuya's power was being kept locked up was explained in episode 18.

And if you think that Tatsuya is a god

It was overly dramatic and felt a bit like first JoJo. Well, as unintentional comedy Mahouka sure is good.
Sep 13, 2014 2:14 PM

Feb 2014
terrestia said:
I could clearly see he decomposed the bullets first but closed his hand to make it look like he grabbed the bullets. You could confirm Tatsuya was trying to hide it by how relieved he was when George guessed his ability wrong. If people think he grabbed the bullet then they weren't paying attention in that scene or the whole series if they didn't know that's his ability.
Sep 13, 2014 2:15 PM
Oct 2012
jakkubus said:
It was overly dramatic and felt a bit like first JoJo. Well, as unintentional comedy Mahouka sure is good.

How so?

Also, fess up, you just come here to whine about things don't you. You are like a person who says "A is stupid", then when A is explained you then say "well A may not be stupid, but B is".

I think we are up to U now.
Sep 13, 2014 2:17 PM

Feb 2014
Well his secret identity as a special officer was revealed to his friends, but his super secret identity as a Yotsuba must never be known.
Sep 13, 2014 2:18 PM
Jan 2014
I'm waiting for Masaki's "Rupture" magic next episode. If they don't censor it too much... oh boooy, we're going to have a very crimson scene ^^
Sep 13, 2014 2:20 PM
Aug 2014
Tatsuya and miyuki were unhappy when tatsuya identity was revealed (miyuki in particular) and that scene 'brother let me remove those bloodstains' shows really how abnormal both are

this series is really bad at conveying emotions, we only get oh or ah when there is something big happened or revealed
sovisSep 13, 2014 2:28 PM
Sep 13, 2014 2:23 PM

May 2014
sovis said:
Tatsuya and miyuki were unhappy when tatsuya identity was revealed (miyuki in particular) and that scene 'brother let me remove those bloodstains' shows really how abnormal both are

I think it's more that Tatsuya will be going to the frontlines for Miyuki and it'll be a hassle if he ever needs to explain to his friends and his sempai's why he is a special lieutenant.
Sep 13, 2014 2:25 PM

Mar 2008
Holy fucking shit, that was so fucking cool. As one guy already said, my dick did grow 10 inches longer just by watching that.
Sep 13, 2014 2:26 PM

Jul 2014
nice episode as always!! even cardinal george looks like dumb in front of onii-sama

yuhuu saegusa is back~~ hahah love it <3

in the end, all of the senpai and his friend know who the real onii-sama is..

in the end, does it means, miyuki remove onii-sama limiter?

i wonder what onii-sama will become in the next episode
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Sep 13, 2014 2:26 PM
Jan 2014
sovis said:

In Miyuki's case I would change abnormal to "creepy... so god damn creepy". And, as she got rid of her own "limiter" You're about to see how terrible her magic is ^^
Sep 13, 2014 2:28 PM

May 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
jakkubus said:

How so?

Also, fess up, you just come here to whine about things don't you. You are like a person who says "A is stupid", then when A is explained you then say "well A may not be stupid, but B is".

I think we are up to U now.

That scene certainly didn't look seriously.

I just can admit my mistake. On the other hand, you are person who says "A isn't stupid", then when A turns out to be stupid, you just quickly change topic or don't respod. :P
Sep 13, 2014 2:28 PM

May 2014
Mushelox said:
sovis said:

In Miyuki's case I would change abnormal to "creepy... so god damn creepy". And, as she got rid of her own "limiter" You're about to see how terrible her magic is ^^

She isn't that creepy :) And "terrible" might be misinterpreted as weak,so maybe how "terrifying" maybe the better term.

@ jakkubus you do that too you know,you stop responding instead of admitting you might have misinterpreted while scanning the LN's,or run out of things to bash about the topic.
Sep 13, 2014 2:33 PM
Oct 2012
jakkubus said:
I just can admit my mistake. On the other hand, you are person who says "A isn't stupid", then when A turns out to be stupid, you just quickly change topic or don't respod. :P

Nope. See the difference is I can change my opinion when the facts changed. I disliked this show back when nothing made sense and then changed my opinion when the animation finally put most of the pieces together (around episode 13, I read the books after that). You, on the other hand, do not change your opinion, you just change your reasons for thinking the exact same way you have always felt.

Nothing in this series is "stupid", the writer does a good job at explaining most things.
Takuan_SohoSep 13, 2014 2:41 PM
Sep 13, 2014 2:39 PM

Jun 2007
It would be a little easier for me to accept Tatsuya's character as something other than extreme wish fulfillment if his supposed flaws were actually written as flaws. *shrug*

Oh well, bring on God Mode.
Sep 13, 2014 2:41 PM

May 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
Nope. See the difference is I can change my opinion when the facts changed. I disliked this show back when nothing made sense and then changed my opinion when the animation finally put most of the pieces together (around episode 13, I read the books after that). You, on the other hand, do not change your opinion, you just change your reasons for thinking the exact same way you have always felt.

Nothing has changed. Third arc still has the same quality as first one and lot of things still don't make sense.

Nothing on in this series is "stupid", the writer does a good job at explaining most things.

Oh, because The Great You said so?
Sep 13, 2014 2:44 PM

Aug 2014
@ Takuan_Soho

True most of the details when it comes to information on how the magic works is solid. If anything that is one of the LN's strong points. As for the weak points (which is one my major issues with this series) I have already brought it up at another thread so I'm not even going to bother bringing it up again.

@ Jakkubus I know that you don't like this series very much but please try to tone it down just a bit. >_-
Sep 13, 2014 2:47 PM
Aug 2014
TheTsunami said:
It would be a little easier for me to accept Tatsuya's character as something other than extreme wish fulfillment if his supposed flaws were actually written as flaws. *shrug*

Oh well, bring on God Mode.

sometimes story is told how one character affects world (or society) which is not bad story telling
Sep 13, 2014 3:03 PM

Jan 2014
hahaha this show is awesome
Recommend me an anime
Sep 13, 2014 3:13 PM

Mar 2013
The weekly dose of lolz from god-sama.

Sep 13, 2014 3:14 PM

Mar 2009
Wait. Is this dude going to be even more powerful now? Because he clearly wasn't powerful enough...
Sep 13, 2014 3:18 PM

Apr 2008
Mormegil said:
Wait. Is this dude going to be even more powerful now? Because he clearly wasn't powerful enough...

Everything you've seen so far was done with his limiter still active.
Sep 13, 2014 3:18 PM

Jul 2012
WOW just WOW. That wallhack, that truck came in and poof, gone. Afterwards he goes super saiyan O_O.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Sep 13, 2014 3:24 PM

May 2011
Darklight0303 said:
Mormegil said:

Everything you've seen so far was done with his limiter still active.

All HAIL GOD TASTSUYA!!
Sep 13, 2014 3:26 PM

Jul 2013
Damn it Tatsuya, you're to OP. No one is stopping you, Now I'll wait to see your true powers on next weeks episode.
omega_d94Sep 13, 2014 3:35 PM

Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.