Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 15, 2014 2:28 AM

Feb 2012
Akamitsu said:
What Miyuki did at the very end.. I'm probably wrong but I'm assuming she released a limiter or something.
You are correct, she released Yusuke's spirit cuffs.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2014 3:23 AM

Jun 2013
That whole moment with Miyuki felt so exaggerated. How is the removal of the limiter even going to change Tatsuya? He had it on and still walked around like a nuclear bomb.
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Sep 15, 2014 5:24 AM

Sep 2014
Godmode on yeah . .
Iron man tatsuya nxt week with his battle suit . . .
Sep 15, 2014 6:03 AM

Jul 2013
HunterTennouji said:
That whole moment with Miyuki felt so exaggerated. How is the removal of the limiter even going to change Tatsuya? He had it on and still walked around like a nuclear bomb.

If he already walked around like a nuke with his limiters in place, just imagine what he'd be like without xD

Surprisingly enough they are actually surprised to find out that tatsuya is a 'special officer'...
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Sep 15, 2014 6:14 AM

Jul 2014
HunterTennouji said:

I believe his limiter only limits his access to psion reserves and making him unable to use his Strategic class magic. With this, Miyuki is released for the duty to limit her Brother's power so She could use full magic power of her. After all this time, Miyuki only capable using Half of Magic power due the duty of limiting her brother's power

Shangetsu said:

Oh look a tl;dr probably nobody will read, oh well it's written so I might as well post it.

Wah, someone is capable to wrote those longgg ass post and explaining lot of stuffs there, Salute for you sir.
SanzenSep 15, 2014 6:18 AM

Sep 15, 2014 7:14 AM
Sep 2014
HunterTennouji said:

he transformed from badass to ultra mega badass-slash-beast-slash-god-slash-ontruetatsuya.lol
and for further info, wait until next episode.

Jonesy974 said:

erm anyway... So did Miyuki remove a limiter or something off of Tatsuya? He was legit already invincible beforehand, but that was actually only a fraction of his power? Dear God, whoever is an enemy in these last 2 episodes are so fucked.

Akamitsu said:
What Miyuki did at the very end.. I'm probably wrong but I'm assuming she released a limiter or something.

MIyuki released the limiter as she acts as Tatsuya's limiter also. This stops him from showing his true might, making him unable to use his Strategic level spell and blocking his access to his psion reserves. its also a blessing in disguise that he has his limiters, coz if he dont i think Mizuki the girl with glasses will definitely "see" how powerful Tatsuya and that will be dangerous for everyones sake.

also, if u guys think that Tatsuya was the only one whos power has been released, youre wrong.( im saying this coz i think it will not be explained next ep) - when Miyuki released her brother's limiter, now she also has full access on her powers.while she is limiting her brother, her magic territory is also sealed as half (50%) of her Magic Power is used to seal her brother's power. This causes her magic to escape her control, causing her to accidentally lower the temperature in the room whenever she is upset. so after thinking that Miyuki is pretty powerful on previous ep well, thats just half of her true abilities.

we will be seeing how OP this siblings can be. both of them god and goddess of destruction merciless and destroying their enemies with great ease. LoL!
Sep 15, 2014 7:33 AM
Aug 2014
i was waiting for this and i like that there is no info-dump
Sep 15, 2014 9:33 AM

Oct 2007
Nidhoeggr said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
It's kind of funny to see the borderline 180 in opinion on this show when things start to get more violent here. Just sort of further confirms this idea I've often had about how MAL equates action with quality and it really all does come down to that plain and simple. No action and largely dialogue driven episodes equals this show sucks and is the worst for weeks on end. Suddenly the plot moves into an action and brutality phase and even the complaints of how OP Tatsuya is turn into his praises. It's just so flip floppy and fickle I can't help but laugh.

And sadly, neither the plot nor the dumb characters or exposition has changed a lot. It's really strange, but then again I long gave up on understanding what weeaboos actually like. It's like they just changed the brands of shallowness and nothing more. And even then: 2 or 3 good episodes should never excuse 20+ boring episodes that most of the people who liked this episode hated.

And regarding the Alucard comment from me earlier: I don't give a shit about which character is stronger. This stupid powerlevel discussion can stay in the DBZ and Fate forums where the other bottom dwellers discuss which fictional 2d character would own the others in some form of underage e-penis content for all I care.
Alucard was fun and interesting and actually entertaining because he pulled off the pulp factor much better, actually instilled fear into most of his allies as well (unlike Tatsuya who can commit any atrocoties, but only receives praise) and actually got removed for large chunks of the plot to let other characters shine a bit because Hirano knew that having OP characters onscreen 100% of the time can get boring.
Same for Dark Schneider, who is overpowered but whose arrogance and other character traits he got from it actually cause trouble for him.

It's the portrayal as this robot-like, fully on logic operating paragon of rightenousness that can do no wrong despite his clearly flawed use of power that is both boring (because we know he will always do the right thing, the author doesn't allow him to be portrayed as "wrong") and offensive because it just shows how this is really just a blatant power fantasy for the usual people.

Well I'm not really trying to make a statement about the show in this case, just pointing out yet another example of how fickle the fandom is and how everything seems to revolve around creating those hype moments for them. Like I figure this was probably a hype moment so now the show is automatically good and that's all it comes down to. I mean I've never really hated this show myself, I just think it's been like a cliff notes adaptation that's kind of mediocre entertainment. It just never ceases to amaze me how MAL will completely polar flip flop on a show week to week if it gets "hype" enough. That's the trick, that's really all it takes to get this fandom 100% on board with a show now with a bare minimum of effort and focus shift and it's kind of hilarious to me.

In MAL's case it just likes hype and action. You have to look no further than Akame Ga Kill being one of the most popular and acclaimed series of this season or No Game No Life last season. It's about giving that sugar rush style of entertainment and really who gives a fuck about characters or themes or nuance or anything like that that just requires more effort and thought while watching and could result in you accidentally pissing fans off by depicting something un-hype. Take a limb off or too, show people being "badass" and your an amazing show. Bonus points if you have a popular staffer on board or the right kind of music by the right kind of composer. You can pretty much pin down making a hit anime for the current fandom to an exact formula at this point just with the level of observation I've given to the fandom. Makes me wonder if I should consider applying for a job in marketing and consulting or something in the licensing industry, I mean it can't be all that hard a job anymore.

SAO I find has a similar style of flip-flopping too and really so does the other Saturday hype show Aldnoah.Zero where it's popularity week to week seems to revolve around what music selection they go with and how much action there is. Whenever there's an action episode in SAO it's an absolutely amazing show that's just the coolest, but if the characters are tackling their trauma (poorly handled for sure but that's beside the point) or engaging in long bits of dialogue than it's shit and Kirito is being a beta pussy that needs to man up. Just again hilarious stuff to see week to week.
PeacingOutSep 15, 2014 9:41 AM
Sep 15, 2014 9:41 AM

May 2014
Emotives said:

Ahh yes? Losing a fight then training/powering up to win the fight is character development. Learning new abilities rather than just ass pulls is character development. The anime alone is only a show to enjoy for the action. All the logical aspects and reasoning are not present or have not yet been explained.

Your explanation is vague and it shows how much detail the anime has put into the adaptation. Born with overwhelming powers to protect Miyuki... okay then. Are there only magicians? Are there normal human beings? What are the 10 clans? Any in-depth explanations to abilities? Why are there 9 high schools? What are the uses of the magic in everyday life. What's the deal with the auntie? We see her towards the earlier episodes but then that's all. I'm sure the light novels have answers to these questions, but the anime hasn't elaborated on the Mahouka universe. And I'm not bashing the series, I enjoy overpowered characters kicking ass, but I also enjoy an in-depth story which has not been shown.

There are normal human beings but aren't really in the focus,most politicians are made up of muggles :)

Anime really cut many explanations and every magic used in the series has been explained in the LN's (many were cut from the anime,but people are already complaining that the series is too talky and full of infodumps).

I think wikia has a basic explanation about the clans and it couldn't hurt to search for info about the series.

The aunt is one of the strongest magicians in the world,some of her background story was also in vol 8 last chapter.The Yotsuba is basically made up of OP magicians :)

Like many LN adapted anime,fitting too many volumes kinda hurt the overall story,at least it wan't as bad as Mahou Sensou when they tried to cram 6 1/2 volumes in 13 eps :)
Sep 15, 2014 9:46 AM
Oct 2013
Akamitsu said:
yes. she released a limiter on Tatsuya and by extension herself as well
“How strange and foolish is man. He loses his health in gaining wealth. Then, to regain his health he wastes his wealth. He ruins his present while worrying about his future, but weeps in the future by recalling his past. He lives as though death shall never come to him, but dies in a way as if he were never born”
― Imam Ali as
Sep 15, 2014 10:13 AM

Jun 2014
Once again Tatsuya showed his superb skill and dominated all the fights. Just get them all, tough guy! And what the hell with the forehead kiss?? Is it some kind of seal releasing? And what'll happen to Tatsuya? Will he become more violent and cold blooded?? Can't wait to watch the next episode.
Sep 15, 2014 10:23 AM
Oct 2013
yami_no_chikara said:
Once again Tatsuya showed his superb skill and dominated all the fights. Just get them all, tough guy! And what the hell with the forehead kiss?? Is it some kind of seal releasing? And what'll happen to Tatsuya? Will he become more violent and cold blooded?? Can't wait to watch the next episode.

Haha you want violent and cold blooded you should read the Reminiscence Arc when Miyuki nearly died what he does after...............
“How strange and foolish is man. He loses his health in gaining wealth. Then, to regain his health he wastes his wealth. He ruins his present while worrying about his future, but weeps in the future by recalling his past. He lives as though death shall never come to him, but dies in a way as if he were never born”
― Imam Ali as
Sep 15, 2014 10:54 AM
Sep 2014
yami_no_chikara said:

his limiter has been released by miyuki. what will happen to Tatsuya. well, just being ONETRUETATSUYA. just simple as that. nope. not really violent. our great oniisama is not violent, cold-blooded accepted. he destroys his enemies gracefully as always.

Emotives said:

Ahh yes? Losing a fight then training/powering up to win the fight is character development. Learning new abilities rather than just ass pulls is character development. The anime alone is only a show to enjoy for the action. All the logical aspects and reasoning are not present or have not yet been explained.

Your explanation is vague and it shows how much detail the anime has put into the adaptation. Born with overwhelming powers to protect Miyuki... okay then. Are there only magicians? Are there normal human beings? What are the 10 clans? Any in-depth explanations to abilities? Why are there 9 high schools? What are the uses of the magic in everyday life. What's the deal with the auntie? We see her towards the earlier episodes but then that's all. I'm sure the light novels have answers to these questions, but the anime hasn't elaborated on the Mahouka universe. And I'm not bashing the series, I enjoy overpowered characters kicking ass, but I also enjoy an in-depth story which has not been shown.

i understand very well how confusing this anime can be. they cut out other infos, some that are very important, like those you stated. i wonder why coz aftr reading the LN i learned the story very well, and understand each bit of information. but im not saying you must read the LN. its your choice. you can choose to read it for further knowledge abt the anime, LN or atleast the manga or like what our friend stated, theres a brief info and summary on wikia which was just a click away. its just, if youre interested enough on the anime. if not dont bother yourself thinking abt those stuffs you mentioned above.

and i agree if madhouse didnt cut the inner monolouges and other explainations im very much sure that we will not reach yokohama arc and the story will take too slow and boring for explaining every detail same in the LN. so much complains abt info dumps than were having now. so its like if u like the show, research or read. if not and ur just watching it for entertainment sake, dont waste your precious time.

so much i want to answer your questions but u gotta answer yourself first. so my answer for it will not be in vain :)
LMorganaSep 15, 2014 10:59 AM
Sep 15, 2014 3:24 PM

Sep 2007
This series has got better and better

Sep 15, 2014 4:14 PM
Oct 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
It's kind of funny to see the borderline 180 in opinion on this show when things start to get more violent here. Just sort of further confirms this idea I've often had about how MAL equates action with quality and it really all does come down to that plain and simple.

Fans wanting action from an action show, imagine that. It's like fans wanting comedy from a comedy show. You really need to stop drawing universal conclusions from specific examples.

Fans self select, so of course most of the fans who selected to watch this show will be happy that the action has picked up. That is why they decided to watch the show in the first place.

Besides: "plot is a verb".
Sep 15, 2014 6:24 PM

Sep 2013
^ I'm not seeing action as one of the genres :O stop spouting your bs, it has more than action just like every other show, action alone doesn't make a series, even dbz isn't all action.

Action
ichii_1Sep 15, 2014 6:28 PM
Sep 15, 2014 7:55 PM

Aug 2008
conanmohammad said:
i was waiting for this and i like that there is no info-dump

Oh yeah. No infodump. No wonder I enjoy this episode. If only all other episode is as good as this(including non action scene).
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 15, 2014 8:06 PM

Dec 2013
Emotives said:

LMorgana said:

i understand very well how confusing this anime can be. they cut out other infos, some that are very important, like those you stated. i wonder why coz aftr reading the LN i learned the story very well, and understand each bit of information. but im not saying you must read the LN. its your choice. you can choose to read it for further knowledge abt the anime, LN or atleast the manga or like what our friend stated, theres a brief info and summary on wikia which was just a click away. its just, if youre interested enough on the anime. if not dont bother yourself thinking abt those stuffs you mentioned above.

and i agree if madhouse didnt cut the inner monolouges and other explainations im very much sure that we will not reach yokohama arc and the story will take too slow and boring for explaining every detail same in the LN. so much complains abt info dumps than were having now. so its like if u like the show, research or read. if not and ur just watching it for entertainment sake, dont waste your precious time.

so much i want to answer your questions but u gotta answer yourself first. so my answer for it will not be in vain :)

Yep definitely going to read the LN afterwards. I'm just disappointed in the adaptation. The anime probably had so much potential, but Madhouse were probably afraid that they'd get less viewers had they not added the action sequences. Lets face it, most of the audience only like action, but if Madhouse slowed down the pace and explained essential information, that would just increase the depth of the anime tenfold. Because in the future if you were to look back at the anime, you could say wow it was such an amazing and logical story that made sense, everything linked to each other with no plot holes. Ah well, I'll definitely finish watching the ass pulls then read the LN.
Sep 15, 2014 8:24 PM
Oct 2013
Emotives said:
Emotives said:

LMorgana said:

Yep definitely going to read the LN afterwards. I'm just disappointed in the adaptation. The anime probably had so much potential, but Madhouse were probably afraid that they'd get less viewers had they not added the action sequences. Lets face it, most of the audience only like action, but if Madhouse slowed down the pace and explained essential information, that would just increase the depth of the anime tenfold. Because in the future if you were to look back at the anime, you could say wow it was such an amazing and logical story that made sense, everything linked to each other with no plot holes. Ah well, I'll definitely finish watching the ass pulls then read the LN.
they tried doing 3 arcs into a 26 episode series to be fair they should have dropped the Yokohama Disturbance Arc put in the Summer Holiday Chapters and beefed up the NSC arc. As it stands now there are 2 episodes left and a LOT of stuff to cover. That way its still 26 and if they got a call for a MKR II they could start with Yokohama Disturbance - Reminiscence - Visitor for a second season.
― Imam Ali as
Sep 15, 2014 8:58 PM

May 2014
odysseyrh said:

they tried doing 3 arcs into a 26 episode series to be fair they should have dropped the Yokohama Disturbance Arc put in the Summer Holiday Chapters and beefed up the NSC arc. As it stands now there are 2 episodes left and a LOT of stuff to cover. That way its still 26 and if they got a call for a MKR II they could start with Yokohama Disturbance - Reminiscence - Visitor for a second season.

they did adapt 6 1/2 volumes (if I'm correct,or was it 7 1/2 volumes) of Mahou Sensou in 12 eps,and everyone loved it,so that's how awesome MH! is :heh
Sep 15, 2014 9:09 PM
Oct 2013
darkreaperix said:
odysseyrh said:

they did adapt 6 1/2 volumes (if I'm correct,or was it 7 1/2 volumes) of Mahou Sensou in 12 eps,and everyone loved it,so that's how awesome MH! is :heh

6 volumes, LN1/2 are Entrance, LN3/4 are NSC and LN6/7 is Yokohama Disturbance, LN 5 is the summer stuff, like General Assembly Debate, Presidential Election, oh and for Anime only viewers you find out about Tatsuya being "damaged goods" and that theirs someone that has a major crush on him and actually confesses.
― Imam Ali as
Sep 15, 2014 9:14 PM

May 2014
odysseyrh said:

6 volumes, LN1/2 are Entrance, LN3/4 are NSC and LN6/7 is Yokohama Disturbance, LN 5 is the summer stuff, like General Assembly Debate, Presidential Election, oh and for Anime only viewers you find out about Tatsuya being "damaged goods" and that theirs someone that has a major crush on him and actually confesses.

Anime only views were already complaining about the lack of action and Yokohama was the most action packed after Visitors,so maybe it's one of the major decisions to adapt till volume 7.

Volume 14 spoilers seems it's going to be good,but

[spoiler]

they aren't fighting the GAA anymore,they should only fight the GAA and no internal conflicts :heh
darkreaperixSep 15, 2014 9:17 PM
Sep 15, 2014 9:26 PM
Oct 2013
darkreaperix said:
odysseyrh said:

Anime only views were already complaining about the lack of action and Yokohama was the most action packed after Visitors,so maybe it's one of the major decisions to adapt till volume 7.

Volume 14 spoilers seems it's going to be good,but

[spoiler]

they aren't fighting the GAA anymore,they should only fight the GAA and no internal conflicts :heh

well for the fans that wanted action did pass up a "fanservice" episode. But yea the amount of potential action that will be lost because its only got 2 episode left. If they gloss over Divine Left that will be unforgivable

oh and yea I haven't gotten to read the last 3 chapters of 14 but what I did read was....very cool
― Imam Ali as
Sep 16, 2014 1:13 AM

Apr 2009
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Nidhoeggr said:

And sadly, neither the plot nor the dumb characters or exposition has changed a lot. It's really strange, but then again I long gave up on understanding what weeaboos actually like. It's like they just changed the brands of shallowness and nothing more. And even then: 2 or 3 good episodes should never excuse 20+ boring episodes that most of the people who liked this episode hated.

And regarding the Alucard comment from me earlier: I don't give a shit about which character is stronger. This stupid powerlevel discussion can stay in the DBZ and Fate forums where the other bottom dwellers discuss which fictional 2d character would own the others in some form of underage e-penis content for all I care.
Alucard was fun and interesting and actually entertaining because he pulled off the pulp factor much better, actually instilled fear into most of his allies as well (unlike Tatsuya who can commit any atrocoties, but only receives praise) and actually got removed for large chunks of the plot to let other characters shine a bit because Hirano knew that having OP characters onscreen 100% of the time can get boring.
Same for Dark Schneider, who is overpowered but whose arrogance and other character traits he got from it actually cause trouble for him.

It's the portrayal as this robot-like, fully on logic operating paragon of rightenousness that can do no wrong despite his clearly flawed use of power that is both boring (because we know he will always do the right thing, the author doesn't allow him to be portrayed as "wrong") and offensive because it just shows how this is really just a blatant power fantasy for the usual people.

Well I'm not really trying to make a statement about the show in this case, just pointing out yet another example of how fickle the fandom is and how everything seems to revolve around creating those hype moments for them. Like I figure this was probably a hype moment so now the show is automatically good and that's all it comes down to. I mean I've never really hated this show myself, I just think it's been like a cliff notes adaptation that's kind of mediocre entertainment. It just never ceases to amaze me how MAL will completely polar flip flop on a show week to week if it gets "hype" enough. That's the trick, that's really all it takes to get this fandom 100% on board with a show now with a bare minimum of effort and focus shift and it's kind of hilarious to me.

In MAL's case it just likes hype and action. You have to look no further than Akame Ga Kill being one of the most popular and acclaimed series of this season or No Game No Life last season. It's about giving that sugar rush style of entertainment and really who gives a fuck about characters or themes or nuance or anything like that that just requires more effort and thought while watching and could result in you accidentally pissing fans off by depicting something un-hype. Take a limb off or too, show people being "badass" and your an amazing show. Bonus points if you have a popular staffer on board or the right kind of music by the right kind of composer. You can pretty much pin down making a hit anime for the current fandom to an exact formula at this point just with the level of observation I've given to the fandom. Makes me wonder if I should consider applying for a job in marketing and consulting or something in the licensing industry, I mean it can't be all that hard a job anymore.

SAO I find has a similar style of flip-flopping too and really so does the other Saturday hype show Aldnoah.Zero where it's popularity week to week seems to revolve around what music selection they go with and how much action there is. Whenever there's an action episode in SAO it's an absolutely amazing show that's just the coolest, but if the characters are tackling their trauma (poorly handled for sure but that's beside the point) or engaging in long bits of dialogue than it's shit and Kirito is being a beta pussy that needs to man up. Just again hilarious stuff to see week to week.

Very interesting observations I can mostly agree with.
I think this is particulary apparent in NGNL's case because really: Having an ADHD rush to the next hype moment was all this series was ever about, while the rest was just like any other LN. Sadly, I can see people liking Jojo's Bizarre Adventure for the same kind of hype-creation flow instead of the very well, tightly written battles and other positives.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Sep 16, 2014 2:00 AM

May 2014
A kiss on the forhead???? I wated to see a kiss on the lips!!!!
If Tatsuya and Miyuki dont kiss mouth to mouth I will kill Madhouse!!
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Sep 16, 2014 2:41 AM

Apr 2008
CrotakuShinobi said:
A kiss on the forhead???? I wated to see a kiss on the lips!!!!
If Tatsuya and Miyuki dont kiss mouth to mouth I will kill Madhouse!!

Errrr you know that hasn't happened in the novels either right >.>;;;;;
Sep 16, 2014 4:23 AM
Mar 2014
I can't really looking forward to what will happen in the next episode.
Do you think that the identity of Tatsuya leaks??
My passion is: history, anime and fotobudka
Sep 16, 2014 5:37 AM
Oct 2010
LMAO why the hell are these dudes surprised to find out tatsuya is a soldier? I just can't with this show, after seeing him mercilessly beat down people multiple times and beat the crimson dude on top of his ridiculous knowledge and use of magic how did they not think this dude wasn't someone special?

I also like how they reaffirm his awesome throughout the show... "Tatsuya we have the mobile suit that you developed ready".. why mention that this dude developed that?
Sep 16, 2014 7:59 AM
Jun 2014
skudoops said:
LMAO why the hell are these dudes surprised to find out tatsuya is a soldier? I just can't with this show, after seeing him mercilessly beat down people multiple times and beat the crimson dude on top of his ridiculous knowledge and use of magic how did they not think this dude wasn't someone special?

Someone special is a "correct" term in my opinion. Everyone knew that Tatsuya is special, especially with the latest episode that Mayumi saw with her magic and what Tatsuya's gang saw, when he slayed those soldiers. However, Erika als beat those soldiers, but with a sword and Mayumi and Juumonji could replicate Tatsuya's feats at that battle most likely too, especially when we saw how beast Juumonji is. Miki also destroyed the rest if those soldiers easily too, yet no one of them are in the army. Tatsuya being in the army should be surprising if you look from the other casts their perspective. They know nothing about Tatsuya, but only that he surpasses the students if First High. It's the same when you date with someone who has alot of money. You know that the person you've dated is rich, but will still be surprised if it was someone important like a star, a royal member and so on. You as watcher wouldn't be surprised, because you're looking from Tatsuya's and Miyuki's perspective. It's the same with Batman, Spiderman ad so on. It's obvious to you, but not that obvious for strangers.

I also like how they reaffirm his awesome throughout the show... "Tatsuya we have the mobile suit that you developed ready".. why mention that this dude developed that?

This is something that I can agree with. I think maybe that they did it, to avoid people complaining about how Tatsuya knows the suite that well and a reason to state this to prevent people complaining?? I dunno.
Sep 16, 2014 8:31 AM
Oct 2010
TKMike said:

Someone special is a "correct" term in my opinion. Everyone knew that Tatsuya is special, especially with the latest episode that Mayumi saw with her magic and what Tatsuya's gang saw, when he slayed those soldiers. However, Erika als beat those soldiers, but with a sword and Mayumi and Juumonji could replicate Tatsuya's feats at that battle most likely too, especially when we saw how beast Juumonji is. Miki also destroyed the rest if those soldiers easily too, yet no one of them are in the army. Tatsuya being in the army should be surprising if you look from the other casts their perspective. They know nothing about Tatsuya, but only that he surpasses the students if First High. It's the same when you date with someone who has alot of money. You know that the person you've dated is rich, but will still be surprised if it was someone important like a star, a royal member and so on. You as watcher wouldn't be surprised, because you're looking from Tatsuya's and Miyuki's perspective. It's the same with Batman, Spiderman ad so on. It's obvious to you, but not that obvious for strangers.

Still though they had to know he was either military or already a scientist. Throughout the show they have expressed knowledge (to some extent) of the magic he is using and know that normal people don't know most of these things or shouldn't be able to use it at their level. That on top of his ridiculous combat prowess should have been enough to at least not be surprised that he's military. Even if they didn't think about it in those terms, the fact he was able to go up against the Crimson prince should have raised some red flags (everyone knew he was a decorated soldier). Juumongi especially should have noticed to some extent, he seems the most capable outside of tatsuya so he should have realized. Infact the crimson prince's partner instantly knew (of course he had knowledge of the spell used but that's beyond the point).
GD1551Sep 16, 2014 8:36 AM
Sep 16, 2014 8:50 AM

Jan 2014
Sasuga onii-sama saving the day once again.

Why were Leo, Erika, Miki & co. so unphased by Tatsuya dismembering and cutting terrorists in half to the point of jokingly talking about it after the slaughter was done? "I never even got a chance", to kill people? Tough luck, Leo!
Does human life have so little value in the Mahoukaverse that teenagers who never killed anyone would be totally indifferent to that kind of shit (including that scene where Tatsu destroying the first terrorist in the middle of the lecture hall for everyone to see)? And on the other hand people get scared because Tatsuya knows spells that are far beyond a highschooler's reach? Come on now, come on.

I won't even talk about the forehead kiss. That shit looked retarded af

At this point I'm just watching it for Suwabe Jûmonji-senpai.
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Sep 16, 2014 8:53 AM
Jun 2014
skudoops said:

Still though they had to know he was either military or already a scientist. Throughout the show they have expressed knowledge (to some extent) of the magic he is using and know that normal people don't know most of these things or shouldn't be able to use it at their level. That on top of his ridiculous combat prowess should have been enough to at least not be surprised that he's military. Even if they didn't think about it in those terms, the fact he was able to go up against the Crimson prince should have raised some red flags (everyone knew he was a decorated soldier). Juumongi especially should have noticed to some extent, he seems the most capable outside of tatsuya so he should have realized.

Well, I dunno to be honest. You must realise that Tatsuya tries to hide his strength to hide suspicions. While he is doing it very badly, because of our lovely bro-queen called Miyuki or the beast called Juumonji at the tournament, he still hasn't showed any strength to hide its suspicious of being in the military(scientist however should be another story, since one person is already really suspicious about Tatsuya at his school).

Another thing would be this IMO. Tatsuya is in the army, so why would he go to school then?? We as watchers has seen the reason and so on, but outsiders don't. There was not any evidence/reason to be suspicious about Tatsuya being in the army. Everyone thought about Tatsuya to be one special guy that possesses strength that rivals the 10 head clans(unless they saw things from what we've seen) and the reason why Juumonji had a discussion with Mayumi and asked that Tatsuya needed to be his guardian or marry Mayumi.

I personally think it's weird that the majority aren't suspicious about Tatsuya being someone like Cardinal George, when he has those rare high tech gadget/prototype. But maybe they ignored that fact by thinking that Tatsuya had his connections, because of his knowledge??
Sep 16, 2014 9:04 AM
Oct 2013
skudoops said:
TKMike said:

Still though they had to know he was either military or already a scientist. Throughout the show they have expressed knowledge (to some extent) of the magic he is using and know that normal people don't know most of these things or shouldn't be able to use it at their level. That on top of his ridiculous combat prowess should have been enough to at least not be surprised that he's military. Even if they didn't think about it in those terms, the fact he was able to go up against the Crimson prince should have raised some red flags (everyone knew he was a decorated soldier). Juumongi especially should have noticed to some extent, he seems the most capable outside of tatsuya so he should have realized. Infact the crimson prince's partner instantly knew (of course he had knowledge of the spell used but that's beyond the point).

well each person their have a different idea of what kind of "special" he is. Mayumi at this point is almost certain Tats is an "Extra" for the Yotsuba, A-chan thinks he's Silver Taurus. Since he's so multi sided its hard for the people around him to nail down just what is he.
― Imam Ali as
Sep 16, 2014 9:36 AM

Apr 2008
Sapewloth said:

Why were Leo, Erika, Miki & co. so unphased by Tatsuya dismembering and cutting terrorists in half to the point of jokingly talking about it after the slaughter was done? "I never even got a chance", to kill people? Tough luck, Leo!
Does human life have so little value in the Mahoukaverse that teenagers who never killed anyone would be totally indifferent to that kind of shit (including that scene where Tatsu destroying the first terrorist in the middle of the lecture hall for everyone to see)? And on the other hand people get scared because Tatsuya knows spells that are far beyond a highschooler's reach? Come on now, come on.

What part of these were never normal teenagers didn't you get? Leo is a modified human and Erika's family is also in the same circle as the ten master clans.
Sep 16, 2014 9:39 AM

Jan 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Sapewloth said:

What part of these were never normal teenagers didn't you get? Leo is a modified human and Erika's family is also in the same circle as the ten master clans.
This has absolutely nothing to do with how modified they are or ho are exceptional their training was. Have they (or Miki for that matter) ever killed anybody?
SapewlothSep 16, 2014 1:37 PM
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Sep 16, 2014 10:20 AM

May 2013
Darklight0303 said:

I can understand Tatsuya being scumbag, cause he was lobotomised in order to become pefect Gary Stu. But there is no excuse for the likes of Leo, Erika or Mikihiko. They were killing helpless people out of blue without blinking an eye, because it was more convenient, though they had never participated in actual battle.
No wonder, dragon with no head must be retarded.
Sep 16, 2014 10:31 AM

Aug 2014
jakkubus said:
Darklight0303 said:

I can understand Tatsuya being scumbag, cause he was lobotomised in order to become pefect Gary Stu. But there is no excuse for the likes of Leo, Erika or Mikihiko. They were killing helpless people out of blue without blinking an eye, because it was more convenient, though they had never participated in actual battle.

Hey man didn't you know that teenagers love to be edgy these days. XD
Sep 16, 2014 10:37 AM

Jul 2008
jakkubus said:
Darklight0303 said:

Erika already participated in actual battle and already killed people prior to this iirc.
Leo always was the kind of guy that wouldn't hesitate to dirty his hands if he had to.
Pretty sure that even though in the anime it wasn't shown, in the novel Mikihiko showed a bit of hesitation at time.

Also, they weren't killing helpless people. They were killing armed soldiers from another nation that did everything they could to decimate Yokohama and the students. It's on a small scale but this is war, if you don't kill the enemy then he will kill you and if you ever chose to go pacific and not participate then it's pretty much discarding your right and letting the enemy win.

I like how this episode showed something simple but that people didn't understand much until now: Magician are the elite of a nation but only a very small percentage of the population is actually able to use magic.
Most of Japan citizen are not able to use magic. If the situation was reversed then Japan might have invaded with a group of non-magician and use only a few select elite for strategic purpose.
We're in a magic high school setting where everyone shown can use magic but it'd be good to remember that.
Sep 16, 2014 10:48 AM
Oct 2013
Shangetsu said:
jakkubus said:

Erika already participated in actual battle and already killed people prior to this iirc.
Leo always was the kind of guy that wouldn't hesitate to dirty his hands if he had to.
Pretty sure that even though in the anime it wasn't shown, in the novel Mikihiko showed a bit of hesitation at time.

Also, they weren't killing helpless people. They were killing armed soldiers from another nation that did everything they could to decimate Yokohama and the students. It's on a small scale but this is war, if you don't kill the enemy then he will kill you and if you ever chose to go pacific and not participate then it's pretty much discarding your right and letting the enemy win.

I like how this episode showed something simple but that people didn't understand much until now: Magician are the elite of a nation but only a very small percentage of the population is actually able to use magic.
Most of Japan citizen are not able to use magic. If the situation was reversed then Japan might have invaded with a group of non-magician and use only a few select elite for strategic purpose.
We're in a magic high school setting where everyone shown can use magic but it'd be good to remember that.

yea its ppl like Honoka and Mizuki that are the rare type that haven't killed/ or received combat training
― Imam Ali as
Sep 16, 2014 10:52 AM

Jul 2014
There's nothing surprising about super-powered people, even teens killing the people who were trying to murder them. Why are people bothered by this? Self-preservation. Besides, they're not ''normal'' people. I suspect on some level, having the ability to throw fireballs around makes them a bit more "eager" to use that. Plus, half of them are 10mc affilated, I haven't read the lns, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're trained and/or have battled/killed before.
Sep 16, 2014 10:55 AM

May 2013
Shangetsu said:

When Erika killed someone before?

Those guys were disarmed at the moment and it wouldn't be a great effort for Erika or Miki to knock them down instead of killing.

But the fact, that they are elite makes every of their decisions moral?
Also some fans here insisted, that First High is not a military facility.

WhipItGood said:
There's nothing surprising about super-powered people, even teens killing the people who were trying to murder them. Why are people bothered by this? Self-preservation. Besides, they're not ''normal'' people. I suspect on some level, having the ability to throw fireballs around makes them a bit more "eager" to use that. Plus, half of them are 10mc affilated, I haven't read the lns, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're trained and/or have battled/killed before.

No one tried to kill students, until Tatsuya provoked them. Chinese soldiers were fighting with security. Also those students attacked Chinese, when they were unarmed.
jakkubusSep 16, 2014 10:58 AM
Sep 16, 2014 11:27 AM

Apr 2008
jakkubus said:

No one tried to kill students, until Tatsuya provoked them. Chinese soldiers were fighting with security. Also those students attacked Chinese, when they were unarmed.

Oh yes because kidnapping them for exploitation in the service of their asian Alliance is so much better. Fuck's sake your gripes are becoming more and more ludicrous
Sep 16, 2014 12:28 PM

Sep 2008
At this point I'm just watching this show just to see how much more Tatsuya is going to wreck shit.
I love that guy. I. Love. Tatsuya.

The show is a trainwreck filled with bad explanations, horrible character developments, non-logical story and horrible, horrible villains, but than there's Tatsuya.
He is single-handedly keeping me interested in a show.

Mobile suit Tatsuya developed. What does he need it for anyway? To wreck alien planets in his free time?
The guy is a god among men, it's hard to imagine what he's gonna use mech for XD
Sep 16, 2014 12:58 PM

Sep 2013
Darklight0303 said:
jakkubus said:

Oh yes because kidnapping them for exploitation in the service of their asian Alliance is so much better. Fuck's sake your gripes are becoming more and more ludicrous

He doesn't even have reasonable arguments anymore, he's just a tsundere now, he loves Mahouka but just can't admit it so he's bashing it to hide his feelings :( sad really.
Sep 16, 2014 1:09 PM

Jul 2008
jakkubus said:

When Erika killed someone before?

I remember it being stated or at the very least extremely implied in the novel version of this arc.

jakkubus said:

Those guys were disarmed at the moment and it wouldn't be a great effort for Erika or Miki to knock them down instead of killing.

You don't understand the situation right? It's war and they are surrounded, outnumbered and attacked from every single side, there's not a place that could remain safe for more than a few minutes before being attacked again.
You don't take prisoner of wars if you do not have the absolute conviction that they will pose no danger for your allies and if you do not have a cell/place to hold them up without them being able to escape back to their groups/get saved by them.

The moment the students chose to fight/escape instead of comply with the enemy's demand, they chose not to be civilian anymore but soldier. Those that do not wish to fight/cannot fight/do not want to participate on a war/do not want to kill people left for the shelter, the remaining few percents of the students decided to take part in the conflict with all the implication of being a soldier.

jakkubus said:

But the fact, that they are elite makes every of their decisions moral?
Also some fans here insisted, that First High is not a military facility.

First High is not a military facility, it's a magic high school.
Graduate from First High have the option of becoming a solider, work for the police, work as an engineer, etc. Some of them choose to work for the army but they aren't forced to. As long as their magic is required somewhere they can be hired to apply it.
Yes a magician can live a peaceful life if he chose to but I'd be frank and say that there is a strong spirit of patriotism in this universe making most people chose a job that would highly contribute to their society/nation.

jakkubus said:

There were no guarantee that they would be left alive after the enemy got what they want from the attack.
Sep 16, 2014 1:36 PM
Oct 2013
nina4life said:
At this point I'm just watching this show just to see how much more Tatsuya is going to wreck shit.
I love that guy. I. Love. Tatsuya.

The show is a trainwreck filled with bad explanations, horrible character developments, non-logical story and horrible, horrible villains, but than there's Tatsuya.
He is single-handedly keeping me interested in a show.

Mobile suit Tatsuya developed. What does he need it for anyway? To wreck alien planets in his free time?
The guy is a god among men, it's hard to imagine what he's gonna use mech for XD

― Imam Ali as
Sep 16, 2014 1:45 PM

May 2013
Shangetsu said:
You don't understand the situation right? It's war and they are surrounded, outnumbered and attacked from every single side, there's not a place that could remain safe for more than a few minutes before being attacked again.
You don't take prisoner of wars if you do not have the absolute conviction that they will pose no danger for your allies and if you do not have a cell/place to hold them up without them being able to escape back to their groups/get saved by them.

What are you talking about? Few hundreds of Japanese "elite" were surrounded by bunch guys with guns? And those guys weren't from any special ops, but they were just cannon fodder. No student was harm. Also situation in Mahouka is never dire. There is chillout all the time, because Oniisama will always save the day.

The moment the students chose to fight/escape instead of comply with the enemy's demand, they chose not to be civilian anymore but soldier. Those that do not wish to fight/cannot fight/do not want to participate on a war/do not want to kill people left for the shelter, the remaining few percents of the students decided to take part in the conflict with all the implication of being a soldier.

Tatsuya's company wasn't acting like soldiers, but bloodlusted sociopaths.

First High is not a military facility, it's a magic high school.
Graduate from First High have the option of becoming a solider, work for the police, work as an engineer, etc. Some of them choose to work for the army but they aren't forced to. As long as their magic is required somewhere they can be hired to apply it.
Yes a magician can live a peaceful life if he chose to but I'd be frank and say that there is a strong spirit of patriotism in this universe making most people chose a job that would highly contribute to their society/nation.

Yeah, the best way to show patriotism is butchering almost defencelsess people...

There were no guarantee that they would be left alive after the enemy got what they want from the attack.

You got me wrong. I wasn't saying, that they shouldn't defend themselves, but that they went to far. Also they weren't protecting anything at the moment, but just slaying unarmed people.

Darklight0303 said:

You took it out of context. I was reffering to fact that Chinese hadn't tried murdering students, when Erika and Mikihiko just slayed them because it was more convenient.
Sep 16, 2014 1:49 PM

Jul 2012
ichii_1 said:
Darklight0303 said:

He doesn't even have reasonable arguments anymore, he's just a tsundere now, he loves Mahouka but just can't admit it so he's bashing it to hide his feelings :( sad really.

lol, this.
Sep 16, 2014 2:01 PM

Jan 2014
Shangetsu said:
Since the show never stated the other highschoolers to be Tatsuya wannabes (a.k.a child soldiers stripped of their emotions who already were mass murderers by the time they left middleschool), then it's safe to assume that the likes of Miki, Erika or Leo are functional human beings, with feelings and emotions like anybody else, and who don't have actual battle experience or a kill count.
Therefore, it's perfectly reasonable to wonder why they would be so unphased by the act of killing (whether or not the enemy was armed or unarmed), cause that sort of issue being actually adressed is what differenciates an genuine character from a cardboard cutout: what does it feel to kill for the first time, for eg.
In the case they do have a kill count (like Erika, if we go by what you said), then it should have been stated in the anime no matter what, cause that's fucking important.
Now about Leo, I can't go with that justification because there is a gulf between "being ready to dirty your hands" and actually "dirtying your hands for real" (a.k.a kill somebody). So unless he's been there before, I can't buy that.
Same for Mikihiko: a "bit of hesitation" doesn't really say much about his state of mind after the deed was done.
SapewlothSep 16, 2014 2:08 PM
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:

Sep 16, 2014 2:03 PM

Nov 2012
Danpmss said:
ichii_1 said:

lol, this.

LMAO as well, that was the best way to describe him......
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.