Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Sep 25, 2014 7:15 AM

Jul 2014
Norilla said:
To be honest, I really didn't enjoy Part 3 (so far) as much as Part 1 and 2. I'm not really sure if it's the fact that everyone they fight, you'll never see again (other then Hol Horse), or the fact that a lot of battles are won from brute strength rather then wit. I'm hoping the 2nd half gets better.

There's hardly any difference between that and Jonathan fighting Jack the Ripper, Bruford, or Tarkus.

Or Joseph fighting Straits, Donovan, Santana, etc.

Norilla said:
To be honest, I really didn't enjoy Part 3 (so far) as much as Part 1 and 2. I'm not really sure if it's the fact that everyone they fight, you'll never see again (other then Hol Horse), or the fact that a lot of battles are won from brute strength rather then wit. I'm hoping the 2nd half gets better.

A number of the fights are won with wit. It's just that the ones featuring Jotaro, who gets a lot of fights, are generally just "Kay, I'm gonna have Star Platinum punch you now".

Avdol/Magician's Red: Not a real fight, but Jotaro won by using the toilet water to dispel Red Bind.
Gray Fly/Tower of Gray: Kakyoin tricked him into dropping his guard before catching him a trap.
Polnareff/Silver Chariot: Avdol used an underground tunnel to get around his incredible speed.
Devo/Ebony Devil: Polnareff used a mirror to help escape from the trick he'd been pulled into.
Rubber Soul/Yellow Temperance: Jotaro takes advantage of Yellow Temperance being impervious to everything to force his Stand user into exposing himself.
J. Geil/Hanged Man: Probably the most strategy heavy fight of the first half.
Nena/Empress: Joseph had to immobilize her with tar first to keep her from killing him.
Enya/Justice: I feel like this one is a bit of an asspull, since Star Platinum never showed any sucking ability before like Magician's Red. But, I guess it is a clever way to deal with a fog Stand.
Steely Dan/Lovers: Discerning which of the Lovers amidst a large crowd was real before attacking it.
Arabia Fats/Sun: Most of the "fight" was figuring out the trick to his disguise.

Kakyoin/Hierophant Green: Brute force.
Captain Dragon/Dark Blue Moon: Brute force + asspull power.
Forever/Strength: Brute force + asspull power.
ZZ/Wheel of Fortune: Brute force.
Mannish Boy/Death 13: Once a Stand got involved, it pretty much was a brute force contest, especially since Kakyoin didn't even purposefully plan to bring his Stand into the dream world.
Cameo/Judgment: Brute force.
Midler/High Priestess: Brute force.

eso18 said:
Well, the serie was still good but the fact that I have been waiting for DIO for the whole time and did not get him is ... why? Was it really necessary to prolong this journey? Ah. The fact that this part didn't have a defined ending is also disappointing.

It's because DIO is still recovering from his last battle with Jonathan.

cruzateu said:
Well i don't remember it being useful just for vampiries but ok

That's kind of the major thing about the Ripple. Zeppeli specifically says that it's meant to be the counter to vampiric energy, and even displays that by punching a frog with the Ripple and doing no damage to it.

A major part of the surprise at the end of Part 2 when Cars uses the Ripple on Joseph is how it actually melts his skin because his Ripple is hundreds of times stronger than normal.
TheAzulmagiaSep 25, 2014 7:21 AM
Sep 29, 2014 4:11 PM

Jul 2011
asspull - NOUN - /as•po͝ol/

(1) A term used to refer to something implemented in order to resolve a situation or fight that leaves the anime viewer unsatisfied and/or confused. Context is often considered irrelevant when declaring.

(2) A term applied to any given situation that did not end with the anime viewer's expectations in mind, intended to passive aggressively condemn and write off the event in question as foolish. Usually not implied with supporting evidence or reasoning, but stated as absolute fact.

Example (1): "Ora Ora is the only technique that Star Platinum has used so far*, so all subsequent techniques are obviously asspulls."

Example (2): "Joseph's dismembered limb defeating the main villain in Battle Tendency in the most ridiculous manner conceivable was not an asspull, but Star Finger is a big enough asspull to consider dropping the series."

*Note that logic will not be assumed consistent among asspull claims throughout JJBA, and in parts the viewer enjoyed, similar complaints will often be ignored.
KellhusSep 29, 2014 7:30 PM
Sep 29, 2014 11:23 PM

Apr 2009
Well, it's really a MAL problem if we are honest.
MAL has the tendency to love anything and ignore all flaws as long as you create a certain hype around it. Good examples are Mahouka's last episodes, Yahari, NGNL and to an extent obviously Jojo 2012, where all flaws are neglected as soon as they are hyped for something. Another good example is SAO, where the horrible writing in Aincraid gets ignored because it has "hype moments", but everyone complains about the second arc (Alfheim) even though the it is better written. Note that I didn't say the content is better (it's about the same, really), but better written.
Once it turns out different than expected (in terms of exposition, etc.) and has no "feels" or "epic action" or "suprise twists", suddenly everyone notices flaws.

Consistency would be nice here, but I do not expect the average MAL user to be intelligent enough for a more constructive approach towards their hobby anyway.
NidhoeggrOct 1, 2014 2:54 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Sep 30, 2014 7:06 PM
Sep 2014
Not as good as Battle Tendency but still god overall.
Oct 1, 2014 2:53 PM

May 2012
Pretty damn awesome ending! A lot of epic battles and intense scenes together with an amazing pacing in story development with a very nice degree of comedy thrown into the mix! All in all this first season of Stardust Crusaders was really good and I'm looking forward to see what the sequel will offer us!
Oct 4, 2014 10:55 PM
Apr 2011
I can't believe they went through an entire twenty four episodes without reaching Dio! Wow! The first season in comparison had a much quicker pace.
I'm not the biggest fan of monster of the week shows, which this season basically was. I mean, sure, you can do it well in something like Mushishi, but here it was kind of meh. Each new stand was defeated within an episode or two and are well forgotten shortly afterward. After watching this season over the course of twenty four weeks, the only earlier villain stands I remember are the monkey boat, the dream grim reaper baby, The gross leech thing that stuck to Joseph, the zombie making fog, the man in the mirror, and the insect in the plane. Actually, that's a pretty decent amount, so maybe they weren't as forgettable as I am claiming.
But it's still lame to introduce so many villains only to kill them off rather swiftly.

The first season was ridiculous and over the top the entire way through, with an epic and amazing finish to both halves. This part is more than double the length of the previous parts, and maybe because of the length it managed to even out and reach a level of comfort and predictability. The ridiculousness of this show comes in the form of what kind of stand comes next, which is in itself fun, so it was also okay.

It was still enjoyable, but it's not the same kind of show as the first season, so I was kinda disappointed. For last season, each week I was itching all the time to see the next episode, but with this season, I would often let five or so episodes pile up before catching up. It just wasn't as interesting, with the cause of that being the new monster of the week format, but also, Jotaro is just not as cool as the prior Jojos. He also has to share the spotlight with four other people, which diffuses the focus.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2014 8:15 PM

Feb 2010
''Stand" was an amazing idea at 1989, but the plot is a bit old with the standard of nowadays, and the type of stand isn't so creative compare to the second-half, but still good... 8/10
Looking forward to the second-half.
Oct 11, 2014 11:27 PM

Jul 2013
damn it's over. I'm so looking forward to the second cour. January come to me!

8/10
Oct 17, 2014 11:17 PM

Mar 2012
Well can't say I'm fan of the first part of SC, not that it was bad but it just wasn't as entertaining and exciting as BT. Also to be honest, Jotaro is a boring character so far. All I know is that he's just a "bad boy" type who's actually a nice guy deep down. That's it, nothing more, barely gets any lines in unless he's pissed off. Hell Polneraff got more screen time and back story than him and he's not even the MC lol.

I am looking forward to the second half of SC because it's apparently really good. Just hoping this silly censoring is toned down, got a bit ridiculous towards the end (also with censoring Jotaro smoking).
Oct 22, 2014 11:26 AM

Jul 2012
After five months, I've finally finished watching this! At first, I followed it religiously when it came out every Friday but then it got episodic so I gave up and focused on other summer shows. Eventually, I marathoned everything in two days.

Anyway.....

Found this season kind of repetitive and like I said, episodic. Well, at least it built up for the next season which I will definitely be following.
Nov 8, 2014 2:17 PM

Jun 2009
I may be in the minority here but this season wasn't as great as the preceding ones. I love the music and I love the continuation of the themes towards the original battle of Jojo v Dio but I feel it's diverged drastically with overpowered villains that lose by getting punched in the teeth by overpowered Stands...
insert awesome sig here...
Nov 8, 2014 2:31 PM

Dec 2013
t3hrabb1t said:
I may be in the minority here but this season wasn't as great as the preceding ones. I love the music and I love the continuation of the themes towards the original battle of Jojo v Dio but I feel it's diverged drastically with overpowered villains that lose by getting punched in the teeth by overpowered Stands...

No you are in the majority and I am in the minority when I say I actually like SC. Like really really really like it. It was a a very fun series and the fact that it was episodic didn't hurt it imo.
Nov 8, 2014 3:31 PM

Jul 2012
t3hrabb1t said:

No, I'm the same.
Nov 9, 2014 10:33 PM

Jan 2012
cherry licking EP was best

was disappointing overall...

6.5/10
Nov 10, 2014 8:18 AM

Apr 2014
robis798 said:
t3hrabb1t said:

No you are in the majority and I am in the minority when I say I actually like SC. Like really really really like it. It was a a very fun series and the fact that it was episodic didn't hurt it imo.

I disagree.
I think that the majority liked SC.

Nov 10, 2014 8:19 AM

Apr 2014
t3hrabb1t said:

What?

Almost EVERY villain in the series so far has been defeated because they were out witted, not because of "OP" stands.

Nov 15, 2014 10:21 AM

Aug 2009
When this anime ended? When can i start to read manga rught now?
Nov 16, 2014 1:28 AM

Nov 2011
mareczek65 said:

It's only on a short hiatus until January, where it will start up again and go through the end of Part 3. If you want to read the manga, go to Batoto and start with chapter 183.
Nov 16, 2014 8:06 AM

Aug 2009
Fadeout4 said:
mareczek65 said:

It's only on a short hiatus until January, where it will start up again and go through the end of Part 3. If you want to read the manga, go to Batoto and start with chapter 183.

thx. I didnt know, cuz in mangaupdate was writted wrongf, elo.
Nov 17, 2014 2:34 PM

Apr 2014
Your underwear is showing.
Nov 18, 2014 8:06 AM

Apr 2014
Frenzyy said:
Your underwear is showing.

IT IS?!?!?!?!?

OH NO!!!!

Dec 25, 2014 3:10 AM

Jul 2014
Wow!! i really enjoy this but i have to say first season is better ( or maybe i need to see second cour to decide whether it's better than part 2 or not ) 8/10.
Jan 10, 2015 4:07 PM

Aug 2014
That was pretty good episode final episode for a good series. I liked how Polnareff and Kakyouin did that epic handshake thing at the beginning of the episode.

Overall, this season wasn't anywhere near as good as the first. I find it to be quite a let-down. This is only the first half of part 3, so Crusaders second season will probably be a lot better. That guy that they showed killing the Speedwagon guys is probably going to be like the pillar men. There will probably be others like him who will basically be Dio's top bodyguards and they're probably gonna be really OP like the pillarmen were.
Jan 11, 2015 4:01 PM

Nov 2012
Stardust Crusaders was full of witty jokes and bizarre battles which lives up to its name. If only half of the episodes weren't there just to introduce an enemy stand that would be defeated within the end of the episode.
Jan 16, 2015 1:14 PM

Jan 2013
robis798 said:
t3hrabb1t said:

And I'm a minority among minorities. I like more SC than parts 1 and 2, but I don't think that either of the 3 are that good.

In reality my taste is in accord with the cronology of the parts: 1<2<3<4<5<6. I don't know 7 or 8 yet.
Jan 22, 2015 6:29 AM

Apr 2014
VanishingKira said:
Clearly not as good as S1,mainly in part cause of the villain of the week/episodic formula this season had 6.5/10.

Hope now that they're in Egypt things pick up next season.

Believe me, it does.

Jan 24, 2015 4:22 PM
Oct 2014
well so far part 3 is the weakest imo
Feb 24, 2015 12:15 PM

Apr 2014
GintokiYoshiwara said:

Really?

Why do you feel that way?

Mar 8, 2015 3:31 PM

Nov 2011
GintokiYoshiwara said:

The stuff before Egypt is nowhere near as good as Egypt. Keep watching, I'm sure you'll at least like the next stuff better!
Jun 2, 2015 6:51 PM

Apr 2014
POLNAREFF'S HAND SIGN LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
best moment of the season obviously

poor polnareff though he's always the one getting attacked lmao

Even though the season was highly episodic, I still really enjoyed it... Every time there was a new type of enemy stand, I was always wondering "ooh dang idk how they can beat this one" >_>;;
Also I ended up growing really fond of jotaro and polnareff- another reason why I liked this season.
Jun 5, 2015 9:28 AM
Mar 2014
LOAD said:
POLNAREFF'S HAND SIGN LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
best moment of the season obviously

poor polnareff though he's always the one getting attacked lmao

Even though the season was highly episodic, I still really enjoyed it... Every time there was a new type of enemy stand, I was always wondering "ooh dang idk how they can beat this one" >_>;;
Also I ended up growing really fond of jotaro and polnareff- another reason why I liked this season.

I need to find a gif bout that
Jul 9, 2015 6:37 PM

Feb 2015
Polnareff got attacked again.

Good first half although I didn't like it as much as the first and personally Jotaro isn't nearly as good as Joseph.

7/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2015 2:11 AM

Jul 2013
This series is pretty much as stupid as any other shounen battle series so i don't think i will check out the second season. I did get entertainment value out of this series but there's was just too much facepalm worthy stuff to spoil everything.
Dec 12, 2015 3:52 AM

Jan 2013
I liked this season much more than the first. The introduction of stands made this show more enjoyable.
Dec 26, 2015 6:06 AM

Jan 2012
lol polnared had the worst luck out of them,i liked this anime some eps were informative.

fisrt season had more deaths .

Mar 16, 2016 1:45 PM

Dec 2010
I won't lie, the prequel was way better than this season alone is. But then again this was only half the story, and Dio didn't even get screentime.
Mar 16, 2016 7:02 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
That was pretty awesome."ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA"! Overall very good first half to the part, even if it was repetitive.

5/5 for this episode
8/10 for this series.
Apr 27, 2016 8:40 AM

Dec 2012
lol Pantsu sign. So was Middler a beauty? She has a nice body.

Her teeth are like diamonds. They are unbreakable. *Jotaro breaks them* Diamond is breakable.

Why did they have to show Granny Suzie booty walk?

Of course the dude died. If you're wearing the initials of Speedwagon, you were obviously going to get caught. lol
RobApr 27, 2016 10:05 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 15, 2016 2:36 PM

Feb 2013
And it's over, the journey was epic, they finally reached Egypt!
Here is where the real battle and the drama begins.
May 31, 2016 7:15 AM
Oct 2011
Akanezora said:
A2ZOMG said:
Stands. Hamon. They're both bullshit superpowers. What they are isn't important. Yes you can argue there's artistic flavor in the design of some Stands, but in the end, they're both bullshit superpowers. That isn't why JoJo is a remarkable series by any means.

Is that your opinion or are you stating a fact? Because it sounded much like the latter. Anyway JoJo has a lot good points that makes it a remarkable series, and one of them is certainly the Stands concept, no doubts about that. I don't think JoJo could have lasted for 27 bloody years without Stands that give limitless choices and a continuinity of originality to Araki's fresh ideas. You were saying before something like creativity doesn't come from the plot but by how is it executed right? And that's it, SC's plot doesn't want to be creative, the battle system does. A battle system where there are "rules", and rivals have to fight against each other following these rules, it doesn't matter if you're skilled/unskilled, it doesn't matter if your Stand is generally "lame", you have to completely use to your advantage the weakness of your opponents and to take advantage of the place where you're fighting, even a MC could die by any moment if they do not play their cards right. These thrilling factors will take a lot more of importance as the story goes on, and the absurdity and weirdness of Stands will reach whole new levels that can't simply be predicted.

That's why you can't expect fine literatures skills and deep development from SC's characters, it doesn't want to be that. Furthermore I'd say Araki's skills at this point were still quite "raw", I mean he first tries to settle the major points of a shounen, that is the battle. Then after he's confident enough he tries new things as he expands the "depth" of his characters.

Can I go on record a s to saying you are BOTH entrenched idiots.

Akanezora is right that stands brought a great new battle system to the table and added a huge boost to the series creativity. HOWEVER, A2ZOMG is ALSO right when he points out that both characters, pacing, AND plot suffered as a result leaving part 3 ARGUABLY the weakest of the parts.
Jun 22, 2016 12:43 AM

Aug 2014
Meh, when does JoJo get good?

Throughout this entire series (including the first series (2012 version)) all I can think about was how the author liked pulling convenience out of his ass to save the main character. In this season the power system's completely changed and whoa look who has the most powerful retarded stand garbage... Jotaru.. Oh wow, how convenient. I hope season 2 somehow magically redeems this show for me. The episodic nature isn't helping much either, especially when it feel like they're not learning much from their fights.

3/10
Jun 29, 2016 8:22 AM
May 2013
2 cards left : The Fool and Za Warudo
I really like this because I wanted to see an anime with tarot cards after "Nobunaga the fool" also seeing them traveling is awesome too .
I wished I've seen more of Joseph old style .
Jul 5, 2016 11:54 AM

Feb 2012
Kakyoin and Polnareff
Fortress_MaximusJul 5, 2016 12:00 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 5, 2016 11:55 AM

Feb 2012
Jotaro won't be a dentist after this, then.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 14, 2016 12:25 AM

Oct 2015
loved the season and joutarou was awesome as always. I think now jojo franchise is my love from now on.9/10 baby and worth it, although it was going to be 10 because they still havent reach The big man Dio.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 15, 2016 9:35 AM

May 2016
Kakyoin and Polnareff's sign language antics gave me an unexpected fit of laughter. Your underwear is showing~

That stand was gigantic. Good thing Star Platinum was there to ora ora those diamond teeth of hers. A shame that the user had to get her teeth broken as well. Her body and voice was surprisingly hot for a stand user (I will not acknowledge Nena ~-~).

They finally reached Egypt! I'm pumped to watch the other half. I can't wait to see them pummel the remaining enemies and Dio.

Oct 17, 2016 6:57 AM

Dec 2013
Nikki_Z said:
Meh, when does JoJo get good?

Throughout this entire series (including the first series (2012 version)) all I can think about was how the author liked pulling convenience out of his ass to save the main character. In this season the power system's completely changed and whoa look who has the most powerful retarded stand garbage... Jotaru.. Oh wow, how convenient. I hope season 2 somehow magically redeems this show for me. The episodic nature isn't helping much either, especially when it feel like they're not learning much from their fights.

3/10

Jojo is about creativity, styles, having fun and entertainment. if this is not up to your speed, i'd reccomend SAO or naruto for you
"nothing is true. everything is permitted"
Oct 17, 2016 7:01 AM

Dec 2013
Kuruwin said:
This series is pretty much as stupid as any other shounen battle series so i don't think i will check out the second season. I did get entertainment value out of this series but there's was just too much facepalm worthy stuff to spoil everything.

Lmao you don't even watch the 2012 jojo. And idek how you thought this was stupid, i mean it's fight mainly consist of creativity unlike shonens out there who relies on stupid jutsus
Oct 17, 2016 11:19 PM

Jul 2013
SlowDancer said:
Kuruwin said:

Lmao you don't even watch the 2012 jojo. And idek how you thought this was stupid, i mean it's fight mainly consist of creativity unlike shonens out there who relies on stupid jutsus

How is it not stupid when every god damn villain in the show refuses to outright kill the MC characters and just play around until they get defeated.
Oct 19, 2016 5:24 AM

Dec 2013
Kuruwin said:
SlowDancer said:

How is it not stupid when every god damn villain in the show refuses to outright kill the MC characters and just play around until they get defeated.

Hmm literally every other shonen? I mean shonen in general is stupid already. Good thing jojo is now seinen

And for reference which villain are referring to? I think none of them had the chance to kill the crusaders at any point
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akanezora - May 23, 2014

154 by titty »»
May 9, 8:11 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

175 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 9, 12:52 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

161 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 9, 12:26 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

232 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 8, 11:59 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2014

132 by JosVoogt21 »»
Apr 20, 6:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.