Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 12, 2014 5:24 AM

Apr 2013
Great episode! Nice to see some back story about Nine, Twelve and Five Past. That Lisa and Twelve moment though. Genuinely thought Lisa was going to die for a moment, that was intense.
Sep 12, 2014 5:50 AM

Apr 2014
I'm back to loving this anime.
Sep 12, 2014 6:35 AM

Jan 2014
I'm disappointed Lisa didn't die this episode. Idk, I don't really hate her that much but, I want to see her die so bad :'(
Sep 12, 2014 6:50 AM
Sep 2014
BUT GUYS. THE FEELS OF THIS SCENE THOUGH ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)

Sep 12, 2014 7:15 AM
Jun 2013
Orulyon said:
Guys, Lisa's purpose was not to become a badass terrorist or even, to help the guys. Her purpose was to HUMANIZE Nine and Twelve. She was the only person they ever trusted in all those years they spent alone hiding and ploting. Twelve fell in love with her and that was beautiful IMO.
If I was dying and had a best friend and a revenge/goal I would surely try everything to make it come true, but in the process if I fell in love with someone wouldnt that give more meaning to my life? to be able to love someone when you spent years in confinement being abused in experiments psychologically and physically which can take all your humanity away and make you cold and numb...for Twelve to have someone ordinary and random like Lisa was everything to him. All children crave for love, attachment, it is a scientific fact. He realtionship with her started with guilt because he could feel her pain and empathize with the fact that she wished to be free just like he wished when he was in the instituition. But then clearly he fell for her, she made him laugh...a genuine laugh not his clearly fake laugh at first episodes which he displayed to everyone.
He felt the need to protect her because that is what you do when you care about someone. Surely it was the hardest choice of his life, but if he didnt choose they would both have died and the point is, even if he "does not have time" and is about to die, he WANTS HER TO LIVE. He knows that he and Nine are going to die anyway but he can save the life of the girl he loves. Love is blind guys. He loves her even if she does not know hoe to make bombs or cook. He loves her flaws, her tears, her smile, her aura color, her EVERYTHING. Do not judge someone who is in love. You all saw how hard it was for him to betray Nine, how emotionally destroyed he got after doing it.

So she was useful guys. Surely if they havent met her they have their plan completed with no problems and no emotional conflict at all. But then they would not have learned to trust anyone. They would never had the experience of living with an ordinary person every day.

Also arent we all forgetting Lisa's attitude this ep? people hate her so much that fail to view her emotional strenght in this ep.
She was ready to die alone. She wanted him to escape and GO TO NINE. Her resolution had no hesitation. She was really, really STRONG in her own way in this episode:)

Nothing to add, everything is perfect. Twelve and lisa always get the best scenes with the best music jeje
Sep 12, 2014 7:49 AM
Oct 2012
warriorsftw said:
I don't know if someone's asked this already, but if 12 had all the tools, why didn't he just cut the vest off of lisa and throw it out into the water or something?

almost thought they were gonna embrace there for a second. I really like lisa and 12's relationship, even if it isn't romantic. (or if it is)

The vest itself could be tripped with a wire hidden and furthermore, they were trapped in a ferris wheel cart and the windows and doors were closed. He tried anything suspicious, Five would have pressed the switch to blow them up.
Sep 12, 2014 7:52 AM
Oct 2012
hinode said:
In the first episode, the guards of the nuclear plant couldn't shoot them because they held an atomic bomb, but now the cops are firing without problems towards 9 in the same situation. The cops should've known, they were sent by Five. On another note, can somebody explain to me how did 5 track Lisa to Sphynx's hideout? It's been bugging me since that bomb delivery.

They probably tried to shoot at the legs to injure him so he wouldn't get away and they capture him. That's what they have planned, not shoot him and kill him, aim the legs and the chances are slim for him to escape.

And remember that massive text to everyone in Japan? Five has connections to find information on who has a phone and what not. Think of it as this, Lisa's phone can be tracked and you saw her phone right there in Episode eight while she slept.

To make things worse, Five had Lisa's school card and can easily hack into it and find the information needed like phone records and tracking said signal. Just saying.
Sep 12, 2014 7:53 AM

Mar 2012
JuunoDoll said:
BUT GUYS. THE FEELS OF THIS SCENE THOUGH ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)

That montage felt very gimmicky to me, because they had to flashback to almost every single 12/Lisa encounter in order to have enough clips. They didn't go on anything that could reasonably be called a "journey" together; their relationship wasn't worth summarizing.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Sep 12, 2014 8:51 AM

Nov 2012
Orulyon said:
Also arent we all forgetting Lisa's attitude this ep? people hate her so much that fail to view her emotional strenght in this ep.
She was ready to die alone. She wanted him to escape and GO TO NINE. Her resolution had no hesitation. She was really, really STRONG in her own way in this episode:)
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Sep 12, 2014 8:53 AM

Apr 2010
One thing Lisa did right was probably telling Twelve to go back to Nine. This episode still got on my nerves. But this time it was Twelve who did it. Now thanks to him the police is all on Nine's ass. And I don't think they're going to let him go in one piece.

Damn you Lisa for getting in the way of my OTP.
Sep 12, 2014 9:02 AM

May 2013
Orulyon said:
Guys, Lisa's purpose was not to become a badass terrorist or even, to help the guys. Her purpose was to HUMANIZE Nine and Twelve. She was the only person they ever trusted in all those years they spent alone hiding and ploting. Twelve fell in love with her and that was beautiful IMO.
If I was dying and had a best friend and a revenge/goal I would surely try everything to make it come true, but in the process if I fell in love with someone wouldnt that give more meaning to my life? to be able to love someone when you spent years in confinement being abused in experiments psychologically and physically which can take all your humanity away and make you cold and numb...for Twelve to have someone ordinary and random like Lisa was everything to him. All children crave for love, attachment, it is a scientific fact. He realtionship with her started with guilt because he could feel her pain and empathize with the fact that she wished to be free just like he wished when he was in the instituition. But then clearly he fell for her, she made him laugh...a genuine laugh not his clearly fake laugh at first episodes which he displayed to everyone.
He felt the need to protect her because that is what you do when you care about someone. Surely it was the hardest choice of his life, but if he didnt choose they would both have died and the point is, even if he "does not have time" and is about to die, he WANTS HER TO LIVE. He knows that he and Nine are going to die anyway but he can save the life of the girl he loves. Love is blind guys. He loves her even if she does not know hoe to make bombs or cook. He loves her flaws, her tears, her smile, her aura color, her EVERYTHING. Do not judge someone who is in love. You all saw how hard it was for him to betray Nine, how emotionally destroyed he got after doing it.

So she was useful guys. Surely if they havent met her they have their plan completed with no problems and no emotional conflict at all. But then they would not have learned to trust anyone. They would never had the experience of living with an ordinary person every day.

Thank you ! Nothing to add about Lisa, you said everything. (and yeah she was amazingly strong when she chose to sacrifice herself for Twelve, Nine and their purpose)
Twelve is a human with feelings not a robot, so I can't blame him for getting attached to her.
Sep 12, 2014 9:24 AM

Jul 2010
Probably my favourite episode so far.Beautiful OST and wheel scene - just amazing.Oh, and fuck you Five, because of you Twelve had no choice and had to ''betray'' Nine ;_;
Sep 12, 2014 9:30 AM

Dec 2013
Good episode. I liked how the timer stopped at 0:02 not, 0:01.
That ending.
Sep 12, 2014 10:05 AM
Oct 2013
Orulyon said:

Is it bad that after 9 episodes I'm still thinking that Lisa is useless? Is it wrong that I can't feel the sparkle of their love?

First of all, I hate weak and useless heroine more than anything. Even more than violent tsundere. I simply can't agree that her role is to humanize 9 and 12. They have always been human even without Lisa. That they never killed any innocent people, they do anything not to get them killed (even Nine had to beg to Shibazaki), Nine couldn't shoot Five instantly, are the prove that they still have human emotions. I'm pretty sure even if it's not Lisa, Nine's reaction would be the same. They are human.

And it's just so random that Twelve could fall for Lisa, like, for no reason. What was that? How could it start? Because he pitied Lisa for getting bullied? Or because Lisa was so pretty that he fell in love at the first sight? Just for the plot sake that he has to fall with this girl?

And it's not like they trust her. Nine was always against the idea of involving Lisa in their activity. Meanwhile Twelve, head over heels for her, letting her stay and all, not because of the trust, just pure blinding love. There's no trust there.

She was always like that as far as I can remember. She's the type that "oh, let me shoulder all the burden so people would be happy without me cuz I'm the only useless one". She ran away from Nine and Twelve's hidden basecamp (or whatever that place called) out of consideration (and guilty), she didn't want to get in their way. But of course, every idea comes from this girl's idea ends up wrong. Girl was so gullible she told Five anything. As a result, she ended up like that. And so she did it again this episode, probably she thought Twelve could break the window without Five noticing, jumped from that height and probably survived without getting hurt.

That's not strength. That's her being desperate and somewhat irresponsible.
Sep 12, 2014 10:27 AM

Nov 2009
This fucking show!!! And I mean it in a bad way. So fucking predictable, corny and gutless. Every time tandem of Lisa and Twelve appears the whole show feels like a teen drama with bombs. Anyway, Shibazaki is still interesting to watch and plutonium actually being prototype of japanese A-bomb is more or less entertaining development, too bad series composition sucks so much we only see it now towards the end of the series.

Sep 12, 2014 10:35 AM

Apr 2014
Beautiful OST and animation, this episode made up for all the worse ones so far. This anime is not a masterpiece, but a good show nevertheless.
your waifu is shit
Sep 12, 2014 10:47 AM

Jun 2008
kanno_ said:

Is it bad that after 9 episodes I'm still thinking that Lisa is useless? Is it wrong that I can't feel the sparkle of their love?

First of all, I hate weak and useless heroine more than anything. Even more than violent tsundere. I simply can't agree that her role is to humanize 9 and 12. They have always been human even without Lisa. That they never killed any innocent people, they do anything not to get them killed (even Nine had to beg to Shibazaki), Nine couldn't shoot Five instantly, are the prove that they still have human emotions. I'm pretty sure even if it's not Lisa, Nine's reaction would be the same. They are human.

And it's just so random that Twelve could fall for Lisa, like, for no reason. What was that? How could it start? Because he pitied Lisa for getting bullied? Or because Lisa was so pretty that he fell in love at the first sight? Just for the plot sake that he has to fall with this girl?

And it's not like they trust her. Nine was always against the idea of involving Lisa in their activity. Meanwhile Twelve, head over heels for her, letting her stay and all, not because of the trust, just pure blinding love. There's no trust there.

She was always like that as far as I can remember. She's the type that "oh, let me shoulder all the burden so people would be happy without me cuz I'm the only useless one". She ran away from Nine and Twelve's hidden basecamp (or whatever that place called) out of consideration (and guilty), she didn't want to get in their way. But of course, every idea comes from this girl's idea ends up wrong. Girl was so gullible she told Five anything. As a result, she ended up like that. And so she did it again this episode, probably she thought Twelve could break the window without Five noticing, jumped from that height and probably survived without getting hurt.

You have the right to express your opinion. If you dont like her, fine. It does not bother me at all actually, because I respect difference. But that is your opinion and I have mine. And im my POV she is strong in her own way, yes. Weak...useless... does that mean that in this world, the "weak" do not deserve any credit? should all the people who cannot fight, who cannot cook, who cannot defend themselves, who cannot be successful somehow...should those people disappear and be considered useless? should those people do not have the right to have friends, family, lovers...are they not worth of being loved?
If I fail at something...If Im not able to do something even if easy to others...Im useless? What is being "useful" in human society? oh right.
Girls: have to be a perfect daughter, a perfect friend, a perfect student, a perfect girlfriend, a perfect woman, a perfect mother, a perfect worker. oh well people strive for something is it impossible to achieve.
If I like strong heroines? I love them, go to my fav list of anime charas and you'll only find badass girls who fight like hell and have tragedy in their lifes and were strong enough to handle it with their strong personalities and abilities. But just because badass girls are my fav kind, I dont say characters like Lisa are worthless. They are just different. Difference should be respected instead of being criticized.
Society says to be sucessful you have to have self esteem and fight for what you want. awesome I agree. But what of those people with complicated lives that simply cannot be badasses and get up filled with inner strenght? If you dont fit on your society? Welcome, you're are considered garbage scum.

Its true, 9 and 12 did not kill anyone...but they would not hesitate if they had to...and dont tell me otherwise. True they always kept their humanity somehow and 9 never wanted Lisa with them...but 9 did not want her close because he did not want to involve her, not because he disliked her. His nightmares pratically stopped since Lisa went to live with them. If it was random that 12 fell for Lisa? yes, definitely random...but is it needed a reason for you to fall in love with someone? It just happens with or without you having reasons, you fall in love and that's it. And that definitely made him a more altruistic person than he was before.

You are right, she is always wrong. She always makes the most stupid, idiot decisions and she acknowledges that in this ep. But making mistakes is human. She is an ordinary teenage girl not a mature older adult able to reflect better about things. She was guilty of their current situation? YES, SHE IS! but she did not do it on purpose. She made a mistake and tried to amend by telling Twelve to run away, to go with Nine and leave her there. She was ready to die alone to atone her mistake. Desperate and irresponsible? yes she is indeed. But being blamed because she does not have self esteem, because she ran away, because she is not able to fight or to say something smart...does not make her useless or worthless.
She is worth enough for Twelve to risk everything for her. Because he saw this "weak" person and even that way accepted her unconditionally and loved her just the way it is. This kind of love to me is more genuine than the typical hero who falls for half naked awesomely beautiful girl who actually has some hidden talent like :
- knows how to sing
- is a genius in art
- fights like hell
- excels at studies
- Is popular
- is unpopular but in fact, extremely considerate and kind.
- is weak and useless but actually she has a power which will awake in a dangerous situation.
People call Lisa cliché but look at her closely: she is definitely not. You dont need to feel the sparkle of their love, this is not Twilight and Twelve is not a sparkling vampire. But at least you should acknowledge that their relationship is strong enough for both to give their life for one another...and that yes, I call love, with or without shoujo bubbles or sparkles.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Sep 12, 2014 11:07 AM
Oct 2012
Orulyon said:
kanno_ said:

You have the right to express your opinion. If you dont like her, fine. It does not bother me at all actually, because I respect difference. But that is your opinion and I have mine. And im my POV she is strong in her own way, yes. Weak...useless... does that mean that in this world, the "weak" do not deserve any credit? should all the people who cannot fight, who cannot cook, who cannot defend themselves, who cannot be successful somehow...should those people disappear and be considered useless? should those people do not have the right to have friends, family, lovers...are they not worth of being loved?
If I fail at something...If Im not able to do something even if easy to others...Im useless? What is being "useful" in human society? oh right.
Girls: have to be a perfect daughter, a perfect friend, a perfect student, a perfect girlfriend, a perfect woman, a perfect mother, a perfect worker. oh well people strive for something is it impossible to achieve.
If I like strong heroines? I love them, go to my fav list of anime charas and you'll only find badass girls who fight like hell and have tragedy in their lifes and were strong enough to handle it with their strong personalities and abilities. But just because badass girls are my fav kind, I dont say characters like Lisa are worthless. They are just different. Difference should be respected instead of being criticized.
Society says to be sucessful you have to have self esteem and fight for what you want. awesome I agree. But what of those people with complicated lives that simply cannot be badasses and get up filled with inner strenght? If you dont fit on your society? Welcome, you're are considered garbage scum.

Its true, 9 and 12 did not kill anyone...but they would not hesitate if they had to...and dont tell me otherwise. True they always kept their humanity somehow and 9 never wanted Lisa with them...but 9 did not want her close because he did not want to involve her, not because he disliked her. His nightmares pratically stopped since Lisa went to live with them. If it was random that 12 fell for Lisa? yes, definitely random...but is it needed a reason for you to fall in love with someone? It just happens with or without you having reasons, you fall in love and that's it. And that definitely made him a more altruistic person than he was before.

You are right, she is always wrong. She always makes the most stupid, idiot decisions and she acknowledges that in this ep. But making mistakes is human. She is an ordinary teenage girl not a mature older adult able to reflect better about things. She was guilty of their current situation? YES, SHE IS! but she did not do it on purpose. She made a mistake and tried to amend by telling Twelve to run away, to go with Nine and leave her there. She was ready to die alone to atone her mistake. Desperate and irresponsible? yes she is indeed. But being blamed because she does not have self esteem, because she ran away, because she is not able to fight or to say something smart...does not make her useless or worthless.
She is worth enough for Twelve to risk everything for her. Because he saw this "weak" person and even that way accepted her unconditionally and loved her just the way it is. This kind of love to me is more genuine than the typical hero who falls for half naked awesomely beautiful girl who actually has some hidden talent like :
- knows how to sing
- is a genius in art
- fights like hell
- excels at studies
- Is popular
- is unpopular but in fact, extremely considerate and kind.
- is weak and useless but actually she has a power which will awake in a dangerous situation.
People call Lisa cliché but look at her closely: she is definitely not. You dont need to feel the sparkle of their love, this is not Twilight and Twelve is not a sparkling vampire. But at least you should acknowledge that their relationship is strong enough for both to give their life for one another...and that yes, I call love, with or without shoujo bubbles or sparkles.

In short, humans in this show are cliched. Wow, what a way to write off a whole species. :)

I'm just going by what you said and I agree with you one hundred percent and describing how everyone else is hating on Lisa.
Sep 12, 2014 11:08 AM

Jul 2014
So beautiful and touching episode <3 it looks like Lisa and 12 went to a romantic date if the bombs were not present

Also, why didn't 12 lie about the location of the bomb? Five's squad wouldn't have known on the first place and it would give 12, 9 and Lisa some times to escape.
just my 2 cents
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Sep 12, 2014 11:26 AM

Jun 2013
Orulyon said:
If it was random that 12 fell for Lisa? yes, definitely random...but is it needed a reason for you to fall in love with someone? It just happens with or without you having reasons, you fall in love and that's it. And that definitely made him a more altruistic person than he was before.

Let me add to this point here. Honestly, if this was episode 8 I'd agree with kanno (except Lisa being useless, because we all have yet to know her relevance to the story). After this episode, however, I sort of like the idea that Lisa is humanizing 9 and 12. She's humanizing them in the sense that as much as she needed 9 and 12 to feel like she belonged somewhere, 9 and 12 needed her to feel a sense of what it means to interact with real humans. 9 and 12 have only had each other to rely on ever since they were little because they were basically fugitives. Add the fact that they are technically still savants, and you have two socially awkward guys that haven't had a normal human interaction until Lisa came along. So of course 12 would be irrationally attracted to Lisa. Not only is she someone of the opposite sex, she's also the first friend that 12 made, besides 9. I wouldn't go as far as to call it romance, but 12 definitely treasures Lisa's existence. It doesn't matter if she's weak or incompetent. 12 did everything he could to protect her at every turn: motorcycle, airport, and now ferris wheel. 12 is trying to overcompensate for abandoning Five, or just abandoning anyone, during his days at the Settlement.

Therefore, it's not a question of how "human" they were before Lisa came along, but how much MORE "human" 9 and 12 became after Lisa came along. 12 is "reasonably irrational" in his attraction to Lisa, given his circumstances and his age. It goes much deeper than simply "falling in love."
pakokoSep 12, 2014 11:30 AM
Sep 12, 2014 11:27 AM

Oct 2011
Best episode yet. The disarming scene was just great.
Sep 12, 2014 11:50 AM

Jan 2012
Aaaaargh Twelve I hate you >< How could you do that to Nine :(
Sep 12, 2014 12:27 PM

Feb 2012
Lyrisia said:
Aaaaargh Twelve I hate you >< How could you do that to Nine :(
Because Seven Eight Nine
HURRR
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2014 12:31 PM

Mar 2009
There's something very funny about how Watanabe explained the bland, boring personalities of 5, 9, and 12 by revealing that they're savants. It all makes sense now! But that doesn't change the fact that they're boring and bland characters.

Besides that, this was a surprisingly decent episode. First episode I liked in a very long time.
Sep 12, 2014 12:57 PM

Aug 2014
I have mixed feelings about this episode. While i can't hate Twelve for doing what is human, he seriously almost screwed everything up because of a girl he knows for a couple of days. I can't hate Lisa as well, since she just wants a place where she belongs, but every bad thing that has happened to Sphynx is pretty much her fault.

Gotta admire Nine here. He was smart enough to figure out that Twelve would reveal the location of the nuke, if it would mean saving Lisa's life. Respect, bro.

Seems like Five's days are numbered. I really hope neither Nine or Twelve die in the end, but this Anime is simply... dark. I wouldn't be surprised if both of them die.

4/5.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Sep 12, 2014 1:05 PM

Jun 2011
Nine definitely understands and will forgive Twelve.
Sep 12, 2014 1:27 PM

Oct 2013
12 made the normal decision by selling him out,two heads are better than one,so if one explodes on a ferris whell well...its over,sell him out,stay alive,then work with what you've got.

Who knows,maybe Lisa does something awesome to make this trip to save her worthwhile.

Really wanna see where the plot is going,and how this ends.
Sep 12, 2014 1:30 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I can't believe he actually gave Nine up. That was a big surprise. Lisa definitely made a massive impact on Nine.

The most interesting bit for me was how Miyazaki's case that got him fired is linked to this one.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 12, 2014 1:30 PM

Aug 2009
I've always liked Lisa. She's a normal human girl, not a walking idea, that makes mistakes but tries and she's so cute ;//;
Sep 12, 2014 2:15 PM

Aug 2011
Oh look, a woman ruins a life-long friendship. How unusual.

I mean, with how insane Five is, why would Twelve even think she would let him and Lisa live? So out of character for her... And he just goes and betrays his best friend. Good job.
Sep 12, 2014 2:32 PM

Jul 2013
Terminaato said:

I mean, with how insane Five is, why would Twelve even think she would let him and Lisa live? So out of character for her... And he just goes and betrays his best friend. Good job.

12 was in a no win situation. if he didn't tell 5 the location of the atomic bomb, he and lisa would've been blown up and he couldn't do that to lisa because he's in love with her (although i think their romance is shallow and doesn't even compare to the friendship he shares with 9 especially because they've only really interacted about 6 times in this whole show) and it would be his fault if she died because he essentially brought her into this mess. not to mention the fact that he was desperate. i bet 9 is gutted, realizing that 12 betrayed him not once but twice now
Sep 12, 2014 2:34 PM

Jun 2014
"You should have sacrificed your queen"
Sep 12, 2014 3:00 PM

Aug 2009
orchidork said:
Terminaato said:

12 was in a no win situation. if he didn't tell 5 the location of the atomic bomb, he and lisa would've been blown up and he couldn't do that to lisa because he's in love with her (although i think their romance is shallow and doesn't even compare to the friendship he shares with 9 especially because they've only really interacted about 6 times in this whole show) and it would be his fault if she died because he essentially brought her into this mess. not to mention the fact that he was desperate. i bet 9 is gutted, realizing that 12 betrayed him not once but twice now

I'm sure Nine expected that and Twelve knew, or was hoping that Nine would know and secure the bomb anyway. He did take the bomb after all.
Sep 12, 2014 3:16 PM

Jun 2014
Amazing episode. I was getting worried about this show. Thankfully, ZnT does not disappoint. Looking forward to the next episode ^^

Beautiful OST (T_T)
:3
Sep 12, 2014 3:20 PM

May 2012
Two words: PURE RAGE

I spent an entire hour ranting and raving about this. And it didnt make me LIKE Lisa anymore than I already did. Just made me confirm that I hate her a whole lot more. YES! It wasnt her fault! I dont care! I still dont like her! And Twelve...man Twelve..you disappoint me, bro. -sighs- Not sure whats gonna happen now but I have a pretty fair idea.

And soo typical of them to bring romance into the whole pic and spoil the good 'ole fun! I just want noo romance! But..even that was too much to ask for. Still hates Lisa.
""You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things...
Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest."
- Izaya

Sep 12, 2014 3:26 PM

Jul 2013
well tbh i wasn't really expecting that twelve told them where the bomb was, however now that i've seen it i realize that it couldn't have been another way...
rly good episode
Sep 12, 2014 3:29 PM

Aug 2013
Wow, this episode has been amazing. It is hard to come by with an anime so well written these days. The explosive scene was superb.

5/5 and and clearly a deserved 9/10.
Sep 12, 2014 3:34 PM

May 2013
THE SHIP TEASE IS STRONG IN THIS EPISODE.

Honestly, this episode is pure gold. They really explained Athena Plan and I don't blame Twelve or Lisa for what happened. Like c'mon, she told him to escape because Nine needs him more. See?

Nine, you are a freaking genius huh? Even though this episode came this 9/11... This has nothing to do with them right?
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 12, 2014 3:34 PM

Sep 2013
That ferris wheel scene was so intense, but I knew he was going to tell her, it was obvious!

So now that we got backstory on their childhoods, it is known of the drug that was put in them will end up killing them soon. Example of it being that Five fainted (thought she died for a second) out of nowhere.

Nine is like a ninja dodging all those men and bullets. Run Nine run!!

I give this episode a great rating of 9/10, that was one of my favorite episodes so far, I wonder whats coming up in the next episode!

Sep 12, 2014 3:53 PM

Apr 2011
Ineptia said:

Conclusion: Japan planning on going nuclear?
Other possibility: RPA is going to commit a false flag nuclear attack and control the populace that way (War on Terror)

Edit: Ironically, I think the two are going to play right into their hands until the finale.

Well I guessed it correctly in the episode 5 thread and I'm still going strong on my edit.
“Suppose, gentlemen, that man is not stupid.”
Sep 12, 2014 4:25 PM
Mar 2011
I really think this show becomes less and less enjoyable. I think there are too many bad characters in this show: 5, Lisa, 12. And the plot also is not unique and interesting.

In this episode it was confirmed that 12 is a bad character. I really thought he would die, but he survived in the worse way possible. He's still captive. So even if he didn't say anything, it's not better for him.
Sep 12, 2014 4:42 PM

Oct 2011
TWELVE OMG!!!!!!

Emotionally crying T____T
Sep 12, 2014 4:52 PM
Jul 2013
orchidork said:
WHOA. i just realized several things.

what are the chances that 5's fainting had something to do with the drug? i think that drug is slowly killing her.

i wonder how 9 and 12's bodies are taking the drug's effects. the man who revealed everything to shibasaki (i don't remember his name) said "all i can do is hope that those 2 are still alive somewhere even if they won't be able to live long". from this statement we learn that the drug is most likely going to kill them eventually. it's implied that the man doesn't know that 9 and 12 are behind the terrorist attacks and that the attacks are geared towards the group behind the experiments. so this all means that 5, 9 and 12 don't have much time. and in episode 8, 9 and 12 both claimed that they don't have much time. they weren't referring to the fact that they were going to get caught soon if they didn't put their plan through but were actually referring to the fact that they had to finish what they started before the drug ended up killing them.

U just blew my mind away~ ...
Sep 12, 2014 4:53 PM
Jul 2013
I'm really hating that five girl now...
Sep 12, 2014 4:59 PM

Jul 2011
lol the part when Lisa had a bomb attached to her with 2 minutes left and she told Twelve to 'escape' while the ferris wheel was moving
Sep 12, 2014 6:12 PM

Sep 2011
whoa this episode felt like 5 minutes
Sep 12, 2014 6:21 PM

Aug 2011
Amazing episode, bomb defuse scene had me on the edge of my seat.
Sep 12, 2014 6:26 PM
Jun 2013
Very good episode overall. Not too keen on the "stolen plutonium actually being a nuclear weapon" twist though for a variety of reasons.

I liked that we finally got the explanation on the pasts of Nine, Five and Twelve. It felt somewhat overdue. I do wonder why Five looks like a mid-20s year old woman if she's actually 17.
Sep 12, 2014 6:29 PM

Feb 2014
Despite my disappointment toward Lisa, i like this episode. Not gonna say anything more, but perhaps 12 decision is the best one. Kinda sad for 9, but i just only hope this doesn't ruined their friendship. They can still come back from this. There is something wrong with 5, maybe that drug effect so she actually doesn't have much lifespan too.

But this is what i am scared for, the author uses Lisa as the device to make Sphinx crumble down. My biggest disappointment.
Sep 12, 2014 7:00 PM
Feb 2014
two more seconds and lisa would have died, twelve why didnt you let her die you have become such a soft cock.

I enjoyed the "what idiots ends a party before midnight" line with the bomb set to explode when the ferris wheel carrigie was at 12 o clock.

Hamura was a tad annoying, just let guy finish talking and then cry about how he isnt human
I only read books i have already read
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

380 by Yavicci »»
Apr 24, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

866 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:47 PM

» Boring

egosumjohn - Aug 30, 2023

22 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2014

448 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Jul 5, 2014

422 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.