Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 10, 2014 10:17 PM

Dec 2013
Have a favorite mystery author such as Conan Doyle? Value a certain novel or short story above all other mystery text you've read? Recently finish a book or story and feel the need to vent your opinion on it? Here is the best place for that, talk among yourselves to your hearts content on all that is mystery. Use spoiler tags where needed as to not ruin the mystery for someone. Along with a warning label that's easy to see such as SPOILER AHEAD!

Spoiler tag template(Text goes in the middle):

AstrosSep 10, 2014 10:28 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 13, 2015 11:49 AM

Dec 2013
Hotel Dusk: Room 215

I don't own a DS, so I stumbled upon this interactive VN by chance. Chatting with a close acquaintance he linked me to the VN database. Did some searching and found this uniquely artistic tale. By illicit means which I won't mention I was able to play through it. Unlike most mystery pieces of literature I've come across. It managed to hold my attention and entertain me without any serious crimes.

It would seem most mysteries need a murder and a culprit, however Hotel Dusk needs neither. You start out as Kyle Hyde, a salesman checking into an old hotel. You get room 215 called the wish room, apparently it grants the wishes of those who stay in it. From here evolves a complex and interesting story. Showing how little of a world we actually live in.

Along the way you meet a handful of characters. Each different in personality and outward appearance. The plot and dialogue is really well done, it seems fluid as if speaking with actual people. In my off time from reading manga which has been taking up 4-6 hours a day of my time. I had my nose in this game and was quite pleased. It has a realistic human feel and interestingly graphical displayed world.

The characters themselves are 2D, usually in black and white sketched form. Though their dialogue and the way it's paired with the small gestures they show throughout the story make them seem more than 2D. I'd suggest any who enjoy a good mystery to check this game out, it's worth the time and effort. Though word of advice, save often.
AstrosFeb 12, 2015 8:45 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Daily Mystery Riddles

Astros - Sep 10, 2014

11 by Astros »»
Mar 22, 2015 6:53 PM

» Recommendations

Astros - Sep 10, 2014

0 by Astros »»
Sep 10, 2014 10:23 PM

» Mystery Catalog

Astros - Sep 10, 2014

0 by Astros »»
Sep 10, 2014 10:12 PM

» Mystery Authors

Astros - Sep 10, 2014

0 by Astros »»
Sep 10, 2014 10:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.