Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 6, 2014 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Much calmer episode this time.

Hello dinner date and it looks like Fujibayashi is there. We also get another competition. I'm not surprised that Masaki made a return this episode. It hasn't even been awhile yet. I'm not a big fan of this thesis competition though. Cliffhanger.
Stark700Sep 6, 2014 9:27 AM
Sep 6, 2014 8:55 AM

Nov 2007
Everyone wanting to help out. The guy is top and that girl who attacked him is 2nd? It's time for presentation. That Kirito magician is there, too, for their presentation later.

Presentation went really well, but the attack is after the presentation.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 6, 2014 8:57 AM

Jul 2014
Shit goes real, I wonder the finale of this series would be either a cliffhanger or Madhouse could finish it off, I am still thinking 3 episodes left yet there still many heavy materials from LN XD

Sep 6, 2014 9:11 AM
Oct 2013
best part of the LN starting soon.
I hope we get to see lina in the last episode cuz that would mean second season.
Sep 6, 2014 9:41 AM

Feb 2009
:Science:
Though there's a saying that any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. I bet half the comments in this thread would be filled with people saying they didn't understand any of that stuff.
And cliffhanger which is pretty much the reason why they included all that infodump. Poor George, didn't even get to present their work because :terrorists: Let's see some pewpew magic now.
And Tomitsuka a qt. Wish they animated Amelia in Wonderland to see more of him.
Sep 6, 2014 9:50 AM
Apr 2014
Its freaking science....

Anyway glad to see the usual group together; they havent been together.

BTW Erika is shipping those 2 hard....Leo don't sleep when your guarding.
Sep 6, 2014 11:26 AM
Aug 2014
nice to see cardinal george and ichijou this episode. cliffhanger, i hope they fight together.
Sep 6, 2014 11:55 AM

Mar 2012
I wonder who's the perpetrator of the attack. hmm. is it still the guys from before with Lu or is the mastermind taking over himself

I liked the explanations of science with magic. I hope we will be able to see cardinal George present his project, perhaps after they take care of the disturbance
Sep 6, 2014 12:01 PM

Jul 2010
To attack the conference hall after saving Gonghu.

Masaki completely mesmerized by Miyuki's beauty. ^^
Being fully prepared for an attack by wearing bullet-proof vest!
The presentation completely lost me o.o It seemed cool to be able to do that with the reactor.
With them attacking the centre leading to a large-scaled fight!
Looking forward to Leo's special move in action!
Sep 6, 2014 12:02 PM

May 2013
Infodump was nice, but the rest of episode was crap. Boring and long preparations to action scene, which will most likely last a moment...
No wonder, dragon with no head must be retarded.
Sep 6, 2014 12:05 PM

Oct 2009
Finally. Next episode the God of Destruction descends.
Bit boring this ep but still alright.
More action next ep as Scorched Halloween approaches
Anime, Food and Sleep Who needs anything more!
Sep 6, 2014 12:22 PM
Apr 2011
They stopped it at the wrong place. They should have stopped the episode at where he
It would have made a perfect ending.
Sep 6, 2014 12:25 PM
Apr 2011
FatefulLove said:
To attack the conference hall after saving Gonghu.

Masaki completely mesmerized by Miyuki's beauty. ^^
Being fully prepared for an attack by wearing bullet-proof vest!
The presentation completely lost me o.o It seemed cool to be able to do that with the reactor.
With them attacking the centre leading to a large-scaled fight!
Looking forward to Leo's special move in action!

Do you understand how serious the situation is? Remember how powerful Phalanx is, and yet he says to wear Kevlar.
Sep 6, 2014 12:26 PM

Jul 2014
the suite that appeared in OP2 is ready to deploy B)

can't wait what will happen the next episode, while this episode just explain some f*cking advanced(?) science, and the last 3 episode will be war?

why do they attack when cardinal george is confidence to beat ichiko o.0
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Sep 6, 2014 12:37 PM
Jul 2018
Kyouko looked beautiful in that red dress.

That presentation of science was awesome.
Sep 6, 2014 12:40 PM

Jul 2009
wait... that army sensei girl, the one who talked to shibaya might be a traitor?
Sep 6, 2014 12:42 PM

May 2013
trannon1 said:
Do you understand how serious the situation is? Remember how powerful Phalanx is, and yet he says to wear Kevlar.

It's not a serious situation. There wasn't any since beginning of the series. Some retards will show up, some retards will be taken down and that will conclude it.
Sep 6, 2014 12:51 PM

Jan 2014
ok time to see some action next episode!
4/5
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Sep 6, 2014 1:00 PM

Jul 2014
Watashi20 said:
goddamn what raw stream are you using to watch this. I'm sitting here waiting for CR all the time.

I personally use Animeultima. I believe they take the videos from CR because the subtitle font is very similar but regardless, you can watch on the same day the episode is released at least.
Sep 6, 2014 1:01 PM

Sep 2013
I'm pretty sure bullet proof vests aren't magic proof :O

Masaki you're not good enough for Miyuki :(
Sep 6, 2014 1:03 PM
Oct 2013
Seiryuu2 said:
Shit goes real, I wonder the finale of this series would be either a cliffhanger or Madhouse could finish it off, I am still thinking 3 episodes left yet there still many heavy materials from LN XD

was thinking that too theres a lot of stuff to cover in just 3 episodes left. Lets see if they can do it
“How strange and foolish is man. He loses his health in gaining wealth. Then, to regain his health he wastes his wealth. He ruins his present while worrying about his future, but weeps in the future by recalling his past. He lives as though death shall never come to him, but dies in a way as if he were never born”
― Imam Ali as
Sep 6, 2014 1:20 PM

Jun 2013
High schools in this setting are political powerhouses. Nurturing supersoldiers, inventing revolutionary ideas, connections to several organizations and clans, being high-profile targets, that's a superpower right there. Imagine what college will be like. Housing the Illuminati and secretly pulling the strings of world govenments. Maybe the terrorists are actually rebel who wants to free the world from the school's authoritharian rule.

I find the whole attacking ridiculous though. It's like as if China should invade Copenhagen during the Copehagen interpretation, for something that will released to the world anyway.

And what's with all the titles? It gives us absolutely no context whatsoever besides the fact that "ohhh, they are superpowered" which is applied to like 90% of the cast. Seriously, can you blame the normal people for having an inferiority complex?
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Sep 6, 2014 1:23 PM
Oct 2012
trannon1 said:
They stopped it at the wrong place. They should have stopped the episode at where he

Completely agree. Though I would have gone 5 second more with the ending being

But over all I thought the episode at least moved quickly, they covered a lot of details without dragging it out too much. Like the last couple of episodes they captured everything important from the novels in an efficient manner.

Which gives me hope that the next 3 episodes will be done properly. 66 minutes of nothing but action done properly will be a treat. Plus I have a feeling they saved a lot of budget to do it right. Looking forward to it.
Sep 6, 2014 1:26 PM

Sep 2012
trannon1 said:

I'd say the moment when they charged in or "Drop your CADs!" would be good as well or better.
Pretty decent pace this ep, I was scared it would be butchered like last one.
DrimsonSep 6, 2014 2:12 PM
Sep 6, 2014 1:27 PM

Aug 2010
Let the Scorched Halloween begin.
Sep 6, 2014 1:30 PM

May 2013
AlterMiro said:

And let it end Mahou Sensou style...
Sep 6, 2014 1:31 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Fujibayashi Kyouko in that red dress. Yes. Yes. Yes. Finest looking lady in this series.

I get the distinct feeling that next episode is going to be all action. TS is going to get medieval on some people too.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 6, 2014 1:40 PM

Aug 2012
Man! My mid term's comming next week and i have to listen to Ichihara's lecture this ep , was booring !! -_-
Sep 6, 2014 1:46 PM

Dec 2011
And the event is getting attacked again. Hahaha.
It will be cool since Masaki is here too, not just the First High fighting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2014 1:50 PM

May 2013
Somehow I got this feeling that this manga will end up with Masaki x Miyuki and Tatsuya x Mayumi
Sep 6, 2014 1:52 PM

Apr 2013
Zzzzzzzz Zzzzzzzz Zzzzzzzz... What... wah wah?!?! Oh, I didn't miss anything. Nothing happened except for egregious amounts of explanations. And to top it all off, there was no fan service/Miyuki-service to save the day. At least the action will finally begin in the next episode. Hopefully Madhouse ends this arc/season with a bang.
dankzelSep 6, 2014 1:57 PM
Sep 6, 2014 1:55 PM

Aug 2014
My god when is Tatsuya and Miyuki and Tatsuya Juniors going to start killing these Chinese scrubs anyway? This is taking forever man; exposition, setup, exposition, setup, just get on with it already. Ugh. -_-

Not to mention what Suzune is doing to Chiaki is pretty cruel, giving her a false sense of hope that she could surpass Tatsuya in his own field of specialty. I would be laughing but this is just sad. :(

As for George declaring he'll defeat Tatsuya welp looks like that won't be happening anytime soon. :P
Sep 6, 2014 2:05 PM

May 2014
jakkubus said:
AlterMiro said:

And let it end Mahou Sensou style...

I hated Mahou Sensou,until I read spoilers and it wasn't as bad as the anime potrayed and is interesting,and that MH really messed up that adaption (a slightly messed up Mahouka's adaption).

And Mahouka is way more popular than Mahou Sensou,so we will get those OL eps,(at least I'm still hoping fanboys,like you and me,get those OL eps.)

@ Grimlokk

It can't be really said to be false hope,as Tatsuya really isn't that far above regarding hardware,and more a genius regarding software,so Chiaki can really come close,as the 2nd year will be more hardware oriented.

Mahouka sucks! :p
Sep 6, 2014 2:18 PM

May 2013
I meant, that it will probably end like MS with stupid cliffhanger.

darkreaperix said:

You're right. :P
Sep 6, 2014 2:20 PM

May 2014
jakkubus said:
I meant, that it will probably end like MS with stupid cliffhanger.

darkreaperix said:

You're right. :P

Nah,MH just foolishly adapted until a volume with a cliffhanger ending (story continued for a couple more volumes),while Mahouka vol 7 finishes off the arc.
Sep 6, 2014 2:23 PM

May 2013
darkreaperix said:
Nah,MH just foolishly adapted until a volume with a cliffhanger ending (story continued for a couple more volumes),while Mahouka vol 7 finishes off the arc.

Madhouse should just cut out 2/3 of NSC Arc.
Sep 6, 2014 2:40 PM

Jul 2013
Technical talk yay~
Btw, was that a mech I saw there? :P
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Sep 6, 2014 3:00 PM

Mar 2013
Gravity-Control Type Global Thermonuclear Fusion Reactor :D
Our lord and savior, Jesus-sama will wipe the floor to those who generally disturb the peace.
Can't wait for next episode!
Sep 6, 2014 3:05 PM

Jul 2013
A much calmer episode.
Suzune wanting Chiaki to go into developing hardware.. (As Shiba isn't particularly good in that area)
Masaki meeting Miyuki..
Ok, Scorched Halloween to start next episode.
Sep 6, 2014 3:08 PM

Jul 2013
I could tell about the title for this arc, "Yokohama Disturbance," where the enemy is in its presence on the the presentation conference. I like how they put the tensions on the episode where everyone is gearing up and guarding everything inside the building.

My god why do they end off with the explosion. Guess upcoming episodes will be very entertaining.

Sep 6, 2014 3:15 PM

Jun 2014
Prepping up episode. I honestly couldn't understand much of the presentation, but I think I got the general idea.

Next episode is going to include a ton of action
Sep 6, 2014 3:25 PM

May 2008
Good setup episode for next week.

4/5
Sep 6, 2014 3:45 PM

Aug 2013
Interesting combination of science and magic, Can't say I understood it all but it's an interesting concept! I get that these are powerful magic users but at the end of the day asking high school students to put on bullet proof vests (stemming from a fear that they are going to get shot and die!) is an unbelievable case of kids doing everything! Fair enough have your own security detail to protect the inventions and work but surely the police and/or security forces should be the ones outside in bulletproof vests laying their lives on the line? I guess they don't see the same threat that many of the high schoolers do, but still... Anyway, it's all kicking off in the next episode. Time for some robot fighting and the use of awesome battle armour!
Sep 6, 2014 3:56 PM

Jun 2013
Your weekly info dump as well as the recurring characters from the last arc showing up again. Everybody was prepared for the incoming attack at the event. But they still attacked them at this inevitable cliffhanger. I mean.

I. AM. SO. SURPRISED.
Sep 6, 2014 3:58 PM
Oct 2013
AlterMiro said:

Yea but I doubt we will see God of Destruction, Mahesvara until ep 25
“How strange and foolish is man. He loses his health in gaining wealth. Then, to regain his health he wastes his wealth. He ruins his present while worrying about his future, but weeps in the future by recalling his past. He lives as though death shall never come to him, but dies in a way as if he were never born”
― Imam Ali as
Sep 6, 2014 4:33 PM
Jul 2011
Erika and Leo wants to do something to help fending of intruders because it is uncool for them to do nothing despite their training.
Embarrasing to say it, I see.

As for me, there is no way I will be going to Yokohama for that reason.
I'm just looking for trouble, and just get hurt myself if I am then.
I'm not interested in Thesis Competition and its topics after all.
I'll just go home and sleep.

Suzune does not want Chiaki to rot away it seems.
And Tatsuya wil not ever comfort Chiaki.
Sep 6, 2014 4:46 PM

Dec 2013
Oh shit.. Can't wait for the last three episodes. It comes down to these last few episodes whether I'll score this a 7 or a 9.
Sep 6, 2014 4:50 PM

Apr 2012
And again an episode where I can't tell what's the episode is about. It's time for me to end this anime finally in 3 weeks ^^
Sep 6, 2014 4:51 PM

Jun 2013
Ohh nooo cliffhanger :/
Sep 6, 2014 5:14 PM
Nov 2013
Pretty okay episode, lots of info dump. That cliffhanger though. Can't wait to see some ass kicking next episode.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.