Sep 23, 2014 1:38 PM

Mar 2014
(what exactly should I do now? :/)

Sep 23, 2014 1:39 PM

Jan 2014
(whatever your heart wants)
Sep 23, 2014 2:18 PM

Feb 2013
The people in this town weren't the brightest. At the very least, certainly not the ones she'd encountered so far. The male ran all guns blazing through the streets, firing off round after round. It was a miracle he was still alive. He didn't seem to share the same thought (not surprising really) as he never stopped for a moment after reaching his apparent destination to even ponder it.

The red-headed girl kept a fair distance between herself and this male. She kept close enough that she could keep him in sight and follow, but far enough away that should his luck run out she wouldn't be brought down with him. When he made his way inside one particular apartment building she remained hidden away in the alley way across the street, her hand resting comfortably on the gun holster at her hip for that 'just in case' scenario. This building, now that she was looking at it, was in almost perfect condition. The doors of the front entrance were a little worse for wear and the windows on the same level looked cracked or broken, but above that she couldn't see any more damage done. That could mean a few things. One: it was the hold-out of another person like herself (possibly the same guy she'd been tailing). Two: it had gotten lucky and been spared from the Vultures and survivors' raids. Or three: It had been picked clean and left alone since. Only one way to find out.

With practised caution the red-head poked her head out around the corner and looked up and down the street, looking for both wandering vultures and any people or signs of people. There were none, but that didn't make her lower her guard at all. She'd heard the gun shots earlier, the ones not fired by the oddball she'd been following. There were people. She just couldn't see them yet.

She stopped just before entering through the door to pick up a piece of rubble on the ground. A large chunk of concrete, big enough that it overflowed even when held in both of her hands and heavy enough that she had to carry it with both. A gun was too loud and she needed to conserve bullets. This would do nicely.

Once inside it was fairly easy to trail after the man from before. He'd gotten a head start but he was still firing off his gun so that she could hear him. Lump of concrete in hand, she started up the stairs. It was slow going, but it was quiet and safer than the elevator (which probably didn't work anyway). Nearing the last floor she could hear the vultures' gargling and groaning. And over them, voices... human voices. So it was a hold-out, then. Well... that wouldn't do at all.

Quietly as she could manage, the girl finished the final flight of stairs, her legs protesting the whole way and ducked in the first door she found. It was a simple janitor's closet. The lock was broken, but it would do. She pulled the door shut and held the rock between her hands as she listened. There was arguing, followed by the final cries of more than a few vultures. The metallic click of of locks opening was faintly heard and immediately following was an audible grunt and a solid thunk as she could imagine the man being tackled and pinned.The voices went quiet and the metallic locks clicked again.

Silence...

The girl waited patiently in that broom closet with no sound other than her own breathing. It might have been minutes, but it was no longer than a half hour before she heard the door open again and feet sounded through the empty hall. They went right past her and started down the stairs. One person gone. She waited a little longer. There were as few as two people in that room, but more than likely three minimum. She waited a little longer. Sure enough, another pair of feet ran right past her closet within the space of a minute. Five more passed before she dared to push the closet door open again and step out.

She got a good look at the hallway now. A few bodies of vultures were littered around, none living. Perfect. She didn't set the rock down but started back down the stairs. This might have been someone's hide-out but there was likely still things to be had if they were hiding in the penthouse. Some supplies would add some nice weight to the bag slung over her shoulder. But more than anything she needed something flammable to spread around. She didn't know what those guys had in that room, but it was nothing she wanted them to keep. Getting in to steal it was unlikely. It would be easier just to burn the whole building to the ground.

As she'd suspected most of the doors to apartments on the lower floors were either with broken locks and/or doors, and were lightly touched. Quick searches in each kitchen on the two floors below the penthouse produced an amiable supply of cooking oils. She looted a few other things, too, including whatever food she found and the odd bottle of water. The oils she carried in her arms after finally opting to leave the lump of concrete behind. A few more trips up and down the stairs to both spread the splintered wood of doors and furniture around and pout the oils on top and she was set. The building would do the rest for her.

Starting from the top floor she withdrew the packet of matches she'd found in one of the rooms and after striking one, threw it to the oil on the floor. The result was instant as the small flame leapt to life and spread while she booked it for the stairs. Another match on the floor below, and every floor after that and she would soon have the building burning from the top down. By the time she reached the first floor, the top floor with the penthouse would be almost completely consumed. She struck the final match and tossed it to the floor a few meters away from her. The entrance was in sight. She could probably leave now. She would've, too, if she hadn't seen someone moving just outside.

She had an audience now, and judging by what she could see of their faces and the sounds of collapse she could hear from above, her plan had worked. Good, good... very good. She could feel her mouth stretching into a wide grin as she ducked back and away from the entrance where she wouldn't be seen. This would be a good opportunity. The fire was starting to spread on this floor now, too. One minute... that was how long she would wait. Then she would be forced to come out.
Sep 23, 2014 7:07 PM

Jan 2014
I stared blankly as the man walked into the burning building.
"Wh...ar..... IDIOT!"
I shout out as I get the bike revving again. A dead man doesn't need a bike anymore. I turn the bike and before I jet off I feel something... a sinister presence nearby that felt... demented.... happy about this fire.
"What the?" I turn back to the building as this feeling makes me shiver slightly
MoniStarSep 23, 2014 7:10 PM
Sep 23, 2014 7:24 PM

Jul 2012
When Brendan started the motorbike again Chi Hua got off since obviously she was going to wait for Heihei and the others. But when Brendan had paused Chi Hua also felt a slight awkward presence that didn't belong to her or Brendan. Walking up to the building for a better sound to make sure it wasn't her imagination with some attentiveness and patience she tried to figure out what the presence was. Ignoring the roaring flames she was then able to hear someone breathing, slowly getting erratic caused by inhaling the smoke either it was the man she had just met or someone else Chi Hua had to check just in case.

"Hello? Someone? Answer?" she called out from the entrance of the building.
Sep 23, 2014 8:20 PM

Feb 2013
The smoke wasn't rising to the upper floors fast enough and some was beginning to collect on her floor. Her minute was almost up now and it proved to be a pretty good estimate. It filled out the space available quickly and soon it was right in the girl's face, forcing her to duck lower into hiding just to be able to breathe. Someone walked right past her and made for the stairs and disappeared in the smoke.

The voices outside got louder and she heard the distinctive whir of a motorbike engine. Her mind snapped to attention as the possibility crept into her head. There was no way she would've been with them, but there was only one person the girl knew who rode one of those. Over the pop and crackle of the nearing flames the girl listened carefully, waiting for another voice. One came, but not the one she wanted.

"Hello? Someone? Answer?"

Another girl's voice called out. It didn't sound like she was joking, but she couldn't possibly have actually expected anyone to answer. But perhaps this was a good time to make herself known. Maybe they could help her out with what she was doing anyway. They never even needed to know that she had been the one to start the fire. All evidence of it had been discarded on the higher floors and by now had been burnt up.

Purposely, the girl straightened up in her hiding spot off to the side away from the entrance. The smoke was right in her face now and it didn't take even two breaths before she was coughing and hacking uncontrollably. She crumpled to the ground and pulled herself forward on her arms and knees toward the door.

"H-.... Help..." she forced out the word in between the short and painful fits of coughing. And by the time she was in front of the door, within their line of sight, she looked genuinely scared.
Sep 23, 2014 8:37 PM

Jul 2012
The way the girl just fell onto the ground seemed a bit off to Chi Hua but regardless staying too long in a smokey place where there's fire...you'd normally have ran out already and obviously have trouble breathing. Rushing to the girl's side Chi Hua lifted the girl's arm over her right shoulder to avoid the girl from touching her gun and since it's her dominant side, helped carry the girl out of the blazing apartment.

"Brendon, me found girl?" Chi Hua said in a questioning tone...
AsreaSep 23, 2014 8:59 PM
Sep 23, 2014 8:53 PM

Jan 2014
I hopped off the bike and helped chi pick up the girl
"Are you ok?" I broke my first rule and left my bag with the bike before pulling the girl away from the fire
"Chi, can you get water?" I pointed at the canteen and I helped the girl sit up. Her coughing was outrageous and needed to calm down less walkers become deaf
Sep 23, 2014 9:10 PM

Feb 2013
Up in the top of her vision she could see someone running toward her. She stopped moving for a moment and her upper body heaved as another coughing fit took hold. She'd inhaled more smoke than she'd intended and the result, while effective, was choking her. They grabbed her by her one arm and pulled her up enough to throw her arm over their shoulder and start to pull her toward the entrance. Another voice came through the smoke and a second body grabbed her other arm.

Together they carried her outside and the boy set her on the ground a fair distance from the burning building. She was far beyond the reach of the smoke now but the effects of breathing it in weren't gone just yet. Her whole body shook with the fits. At the end of one she felt her stomach lurch and she fell forward, leaning on her hand and dry heaved. Never again... never again would she breathe in that foul air. It wasn't worth it.
Sep 23, 2014 9:49 PM

Jul 2012
At Brendan's request and the girl's condition, Chi Hia went to the bike and turned it off pocketing the key and grabbed the canteen that the bag held and ran right back over handing the canteen to Brendan. Chi Hua was getting slightly worried about Heihei and the man who went in to help then earlier...
Sep 24, 2014 6:21 AM

Mar 2014
A bit of his clothes got burned, but he was okay. He had seen the bird that was with Chi Hua on a higher floor and since he liked animals he went and made contact with it. The bird was actually very smart and helped him search around. After not finding anyone Alex got out of the burning building with Hei Hei sitting on his shoulder.
"I couldn't find anyone exept for this bird..."
he then noticed the new girl and saw that she was obviously not doing well.
He ran over to her as the bird flew back to Chi Hua
"Oi, what happened?"
he got out a bottle of water from his pocket, it was a bit warm thanks to the fire, but it was still good.
"Here, have this, I don't need it"

Sep 25, 2014 1:07 PM
May 2014
After eating and stocking up on food, I decide to leave the apartment and begin to hunt for something to use as a winter jacket.

As I leave I see a smoke trail in the distance, and obviously curiosity kicks in and I begin to run to it.
Sep 30, 2014 8:43 PM

Jan 2014
The girl was coughing very badly and even the old man was trying to help her
"Are you ok? You need to rest, no one should take in all that smoke"
I was about to pat her on the back to help her but decided against it. She was a survivor and could very well be a part of a group waiting to ambush him and chi and the old man. I checked my surroundings and noticed no other prescences so I decided to tend to the girl
"Can you tell me what you were doing in the building before the fire, and also your name too"
Sep 30, 2014 9:05 PM

Feb 2013
Hearing more footsteps approach Phina tried to lift her head to look at them. She held the back of her hand weakly against her mouth. What she saw through the hair that had fallen in front of her face was the man who'd run into the building before. He looked a few years older than her, though his face was covered in dirt and dust and his clothes were burnt in various areas. And yet despite that she could see no obvious burns and he was... smiling? He held a bottle out to her and with some hesitation the girl took it. She was just opening the cap when she started coughing again and slammed the cap back on to prevent it spilling. Resources were limited. Even she wasn't so short sighted as to waste a single drop.

"... Thank you." The red-head said just before raising the lip of the bottle to her mouth. Careful sips eased the raw pain in her throat and almost immediately she felt better. The water was warm, but it was still water. Once she was done she handed the bottle back to the man. The other one, the boy who looked her age, he was asking her questions. She could see him looking around, carefully searching for signs of anyone else. He was suspicious, and rightfully so. Unfortunately for him he wasn't aware of that.

"I'm fine... I'm... I'm good. Sarah. Sarah Bell. I was... I was looking for something to eat. Most of the buildings here... they've already been cleared out. I just wanted food."
Sep 30, 2014 9:19 PM

Jul 2012
"Chi Hua...Rosalin please? Crow Heihei..." Chi Hua introduced herself and Heihei as Heihei landed back on her shoulder. The bird however stares at Sarah intently as if it didnt trust her. Chi Hua found it a but strange but disregarded the notion of suspicion.Though it is a bit strange that she's by herself...
Sep 30, 2014 9:25 PM

Jan 2014
I stare at the red head and help her stand.
"Name's brendan, and that building building used to be my temporary home. It was cleared except for the penthouse. There were two others but they are probably dead now." I close my eyes as I pick up my backpack and hand the old man his keys. "I'm gonna go find a new home, you can follow if you want."
Sep 30, 2014 9:41 PM

Feb 2013
The boy helped Phina back to her feet. She was a little wobbly at first, though most of it was an exaggeration. She steadied after a few seconds and hastily took her hand back. She nodded her head toward the younger girl to acknowledge what she'd said. Her English was pretty good if you could get past her incorrect use of tenses and the fragmented sentences. It wasn't any worse than Phina's when she'd first been made to learn. The bird on her shoulder had its beady eyes dead focused on her, something that left Phina wary. The thought never showed in her face or eyes and she turned her attention back to the boy, Brendan.

"Dead...?" The inquiry in her tone was impossible to hide. Pure curiousity won out over caution in this instance. She'd heard a motorbike earlier, and there were newly dead? "Was one of them a girl...? Tall? Brown hair? Little bit older than me?"
Sep 30, 2014 9:49 PM

Jan 2014
The girl's description seemed familiar but no
"No, none of the two were a girl."
Sep 30, 2014 10:02 PM

Feb 2013
Hearing that Phina's shoulders fell and her face relaxed. "Good... that's good." Something in his face told her that she'd struck a chord but she pressed the matter no further. Both had looked a little suspicious of her before so it would be easier if she said nothing. If they truly wished to know then it was advantageous to her to speak. But if they didn't then keeping quiet was no issue either.
Sep 30, 2014 10:11 PM

Jan 2014
Something about her knowing that girl seemed... too strange
"You just described a girl. Does she ride a motorcycle with an old dog and uses a pole as a weapon?"
part of me thought about apologizing to that girl for shooting at her but another part wanted to smack her in the head with my rifle butt. Still something about this red haired girl seemed off first and I needed to know something
Sep 30, 2014 10:21 PM

Feb 2013
Rather than a yes or a no the first thing out of the girl's mouth was a retort. "He's not old! He's only three!" Her face suggested she had surprised herself with the comment and she clamped a hand over her mouth. She was quiet for a couple of seconds and then her fingers parted to let her speak. "She's... a friend of mine." By the way she said one could tell she used the term friend loosely. "We got separated and..." She stopped mid sentence and something appeared to have clicked in her mind. "Wait! Did you see her?"
Sep 30, 2014 10:30 PM

Jan 2014
Her retort caused my eyebrows to furl and I couldn't help but sinisterly smile for a brief second. At her question I looked away briefly, trying to not look at phina.
"I kinda... helped her then shot at her."
Sep 30, 2014 10:37 PM

Feb 2013
He looked away from her now as he said that and the girl's face fell. "You... shot at her? At her?" She repeated it a couple of times, each time quieter than before. "You shot her...?" Her voice cracked and she felt a lump form in her throat, preventing her from saying anything else. Tears had already formed in the corners of her eyes and started falling down her face as she stood there, shocked into stillness. Most of her behaviour up until now had been an act but this, right now, was completely genuine.
Sep 30, 2014 10:42 PM

Jan 2014
I turn back and saw the girl start crying causing me to freak out
"Ah! I didnt shoot her I shot near her. She drove off after flipping me off thinking I was aiming at her when I was alerting her of a few walkers after her. Last I saw she was ok."
Sep 30, 2014 10:53 PM

Feb 2013
She was alive? Hearing that Phina snapped back to herself and hastily wiped her face on her sleeve. It was already dirtied and scorched which only made it scratch at her skin but she used it anyway. "She's... alive, then?" She sounded more than a little relieved to hear that news. "That's good... I'm glad. Very glad."
Sep 30, 2014 11:52 PM

Jan 2014
Her change in emotions made me feel bad but also had a ton of questions began to raise in my mind
"So i guess you know her then.."
That was the first thing that came to mind"
Oct 1, 2014 2:52 PM

Jul 2012
Chi Hua stood there slightly confused as to who in particular the two were talking about as she slowly translated what they were saying in her head in Chinese and then asked "Who?" with a tilt to her head. Heihei on the other hand flew above their head without warning as it checked the vicinity for any crawlers heading their way due to the fire that was still raging behind them.
AsreaOct 1, 2014 4:33 PM
Oct 1, 2014 3:00 PM

Jan 2014
CHi's question made me turn to her and I noticed the fire started to spread more out. I looked inside and saw something looking to pop.... an oxygen tank. I moved and pull chi to the ground as the canister exploded. The contents caused the flames to spread out and if chi was still standing, she would have been burned
"Are you ok?" I ask as I hold her close till the blaze calms down
Oct 1, 2014 4:44 PM

Jul 2012
The sound of fire roaring increased all of a sudden and then Brendan pulled her towards him and pushed her to the floor. With him holding onto her Chi Hua panicked, her gun was to her side and her sword was still hidden in her sleeve possibly making contact with Brendan which she hoped had not happened. What made her panic even more was the fact that Brendan was hugging her and was on top to boot...Oh god...oh god... not that she wasn't grateful for Brendan saving her but the poor Chinese girl was blushing mad and sweating badly due to the heat of the flames from her venture inside plus the nearby fire and her awkward predicament that she has found herself in. Heihei noting the explosion flew back towards the duo particularly towards Brendan and started pecking him on the shoulder in an annoyed manner as if the bird was saying"Get off my girl!"
Oct 1, 2014 4:49 PM

Jan 2014
As soon as the fire died out I got off of chi, though I first noticed heihei pecking and then chi's bright red face.
I tried to speak but words couldn't come out.
"Sorry about that"
I turned to hide my own embarrassment
Oct 1, 2014 4:57 PM

Jul 2012
Brendan got off and hid his face, on the other hand Heihei was still pecking his shoulder off...Chi Hua getting up pulled the bird away and scolded in Chinese,"Wei, he was helping me I would've been dead if he didn't push me out of the way! Bad Heihei! Bad!" She then turned to Brendan her face looking downwards and said in a quiet manner, "It okay...Thank you, Brendon..."
Oct 1, 2014 5:09 PM

Jan 2014
"Shinpai shinaide"
I didnt turn back but nodded lightly. I shifted my backpack and turned back to the small group but didnt look at chi
"I think we should move from here... its dangerous to be around and its probably already attracting numerous walkers so we should get going"
Oct 1, 2014 5:21 PM

Jul 2012
"Sara coming?" Chi Hua asked in complete honest worry as she followed after Brendan and then in a questioning tone said,"Key?" as she handed him the keys to the motorbike. Heihei more calmed down now landed on Brendan's shoulder in a slight apologetic manner as it looked down onto his shoulder.
Oct 2, 2014 6:57 PM

Feb 2013
Hearing her name... at least the part of it she'd given to them, Phina nodded her head (even though they couldn't see it) and picked up her pace to walk right behind the two. She took on a curious look and leaned forward into the boy's peripheral view. "Where are we going?"
Oct 2, 2014 8:53 PM

Jan 2014
I scratch the back of my head before i take out my handgun and check the ammo
"we need to find some place to live that has food and water."
I put my hand to my chin and think out loud
"The building was set ablaze by someone. So there are others nearby, and those people are probably scavengers. We need to move fast but as to where i dont know..... Sara, do you know of any people who have a place we could live with them at?"
I ask since I know chi doesnt know anyone and the old man is gone
Oct 3, 2014 8:30 AM

Feb 2013
Hearing Brendan go on about the building Phina couldn't help but feel a bit of inward pride... pride that she swallowed and barred from showing in her face or posture. She kept herself relaxed and when addressed stood straight again before leaning slightly to one side. Her head and eyes followed and she appeared to be thinking heavily on it.

"No... I don't... Sorry." She folded her arms behind her back and lowered her eyes to the ground as she walked. "I don't know where she went after you saw her and I haven't met any other groups."
Oct 3, 2014 8:21 PM

Jan 2014
That question got me no where and the huff i let out made it clear.
"I guess, since we have no leads I guess we should just start walking. But we should be careful of walkers"
I take out the VSS and check the ammo, all 16 shots ready. Reloading it and pulling the handle my gun was ready for anything.
"Which direction should we head out girls?"
Oct 4, 2014 5:05 PM

Jul 2012
Frankly Chi Hua doesn't know this town well even though she's been here since the incident started,"Don't know..."she said with a shrug and then suggested with a tilt to her head,"Look more people?" as she followed Brendan and walked right beside him on his left side but still kept a slight distance from him...Heihei then hopped on over back to Chi Hua's right shoulder and turned its head to Brendan as if it was saying"I'm not sharing her with you!"
AsreaOct 4, 2014 5:12 PM
Oct 4, 2014 5:26 PM

Jan 2014
I look at the bird and laugh a little as we start walking
"Well i guess we just start walking"
I turned to my new group and smiled before turning back. Slinging my bag over my shoulder I head down the street
Oct 5, 2014 1:14 AM

Mar 2014
(guess I was left behind.....)

Oct 5, 2014 5:28 PM

Feb 2013
(Join us Dio. I'll even give you an opening.)

Phina lifted her chin again to look up. They weren't far enough from the building yet that the sky above them wasn't blanketed by the thick wall of smoke she'd raised. It never ceased to amaze her just how easily some things took to flame. Any other time she would have taken up a spot to sit and watch until the fire finally began to die down but she couldn't afford to do that now... maybe next time.

She stopped for a moment just in hopes of sneaking a peak back at her work and saw the man from before, the one who'd offered her his water, still standing there. She spun on her heel to face him and waved him over.
Oct 6, 2014 6:35 AM

Mar 2014
(Sankyu~)

He had been looking around for any possible survivors, he did this a lot, always checking if there was anyone in the need of help. After having checked out the area he just stood there for a while, wondering what to do.

He then saw the girl from earlier, the one he had given his water to. She was waving him over, so with a gentle smile he walked over to her. As soon as he got close enough for her to hear him he asked her in a calm tone.

"How are you feeling? Everything okay now?"

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Redcloud Elementary School

Raion21 - Oct 2, 2014

15 by 61235 »»
Nov 14, 2014 9:43 PM

Sticky: » Starting Up: Your Survivors

Raion21 - Aug 7, 2014

15 by 61235 »»
Oct 26, 2014 8:26 PM

» Redcloud City - Hotel/Motel ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

JRak5724 - Aug 14, 2014

233 by 61235 »»
Oct 18, 2014 11:16 PM

» Redcloud City - Park

JRak5724 - Aug 14, 2014

29 by Asrea »»
Sep 21, 2014 6:12 PM

» Redcloud City - Strip Plaza

JRak5724 - Aug 14, 2014

25 by MoniStar »»
Sep 15, 2014 2:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.