Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Aug 31, 2014 5:21 PM
Feb 2013
-ZET- said:
levelminded said:
can anyone tell me what point does this episode stop in the manga? i feel like reading it =].

Chapter 17 it starts exactly where this episode ended

ty =]
Aug 31, 2014 5:27 PM

Jun 2014
Tatsumi getting taken by Esdeath, predictable from last episode.
The director is more than likely going to die next episode, leaving Akame as new leader.
And why did there need to be 2 new queers?
Aug 31, 2014 5:37 PM

Apr 2014
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
Tatsumi getting taken by Esdeath, predictable from last episode.
The director is more than likely going to die next episode, leaving Akame as new leader.
And why did there need to be 2 new queers?

You are so wrong.With the leader thing.
What "Two" Queers.
There's only one.
Bors has a wife and Run is definitely not a Okama.

Aug 31, 2014 5:50 PM

Aug 2013
Well that was entertaining. A bit predictable but entertaining nonetheless.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 31, 2014 6:03 PM
Oct 2012
defiantly saw that coming.
Aug 31, 2014 6:13 PM

Jul 2013
I just laughed when Esdeath found the right man at the end there XD. Tatsumi being dragged into her, oh man I don't know what to say on that.

Wave is like Tatsumi when he went into a room and find all the weirdness all around him from the Jaegers. They are pretty much of a powerful group, well because of Esdeath is the leader of them.

Tatsumi was pretty amazing during the fighting tournament, although the way Esdeath sees him was pretty funny tbh.

Aug 31, 2014 6:15 PM
Dec 2012
Before today I never really understood why so many people were so interested in shipping two characters. But Now i'm fulling onboard the EsdeathxTatsumi train.
Aug 31, 2014 6:29 PM

Sep 2013
Ok I give up. Ive absolutely no idea how to feel about Esdeath. I mean shes obviously a demented and sadistic bitch, but outside of battle, shes.... so likeable. And please oh please let Wave and his amazing Imperial Arm join Night Raid. Please.
Aug 31, 2014 6:30 PM

Aug 2012
lol @esdese blushing.....
Aug 31, 2014 6:31 PM

Sep 2008
Geez I wonder who Esdeath is gonna fall in love with.

Oh, right. /facepalm
Aug 31, 2014 6:32 PM

Aug 2009
OMG Wave gives me life. He was too funny. When he first opened the door and Bols was sitting there I literally laughed. And then his hunt for someone normal. I am soooo waiting on Runs to go all cray cray on me. The ending was predictable but it's still good. I really want to know what happens next I just may read the manga. I'm too amused right now.

Aug 31, 2014 7:15 PM

Feb 2014
So is it because of the recent hacking on MAL that AgK jumped up to #195? It was like #299 the other day and then today it's #195. And the score 8.19-8.21 hasn't changed since it was #299. Hmmm......
Aug 31, 2014 7:16 PM

Jun 2010
bastek66 said:
Anime artstyle sucks

I disagree. The anime art has been really good, especially during fight scenes. But even looking at this comparison shot of the manga, Kurome just looks dead, like she isn't shaded properly, her face looks a bit warped to the left (rather then be centered properly) which only contributes to the flatness/deadness of the image. The only real issue with the anime is it looks like maybe they changed her hair style from twintails or moved her twintails further to the back, a bit odd but whatever.

Overall I think the quality of the anime art is a lot better, even if the specific style is a bit different.
Aug 31, 2014 7:23 PM

Aug 2014
This was a very good episode in general, showing new characters and some action that will influence the next episodes. Tatsumi is very alike to the new character Wave and that says all, i can't imagine them fighting against each other in the future. It seems like Esdeath is going to have some "action" in the next episode with Tatsumi and everyone is pretty much looking forward to see that. xD
MALoween Mansion 2017

Main Candies:

Kabo-chan's Candies:

Aug 31, 2014 7:26 PM

Apr 2014
My boy Wave finally appears :D Also some sites that have the episode up pretty fast with subs is anime season and kiss anime.

Aug 31, 2014 7:35 PM
Jul 2011
Feels kind of wrong to be enjoying Esdeath (basically responsible for the fall of the almighty Bulat) and Wave so much but they really have been some of the more interesting things to happen in this series.

Esdeath putting chain on Tatsumi, a woman who knows exactly what she wants. Rawr. Me gusta.
Aug 31, 2014 7:53 PM

Jul 2014
This episode was really good overall with an extremely cool fight scene from Tatsumi.Showing his exceptional skill in CQC against The Butcher. The new character Wave seems like the only normal person other than five other imperial arms users and you can Definitely relate him to Tatsumi. And when Esdeath fell in love with Tatsumi. The Best XD!

However this episode is gonna be nothing compared to the next one with some action revealed just from the preview
Aug 31, 2014 7:53 PM

Jan 2014
so, this isn't go as the title say, "Kill the battle fanatic" because there's no victim on this episode.

although I don't really like Esdeath, but her figure is perfect, and I like it when she blushes toward Tatsumi.
Aug 31, 2014 8:09 PM

Feb 2014
Few recent episode make AgK come out the best anime is the season so far.
Aug 31, 2014 8:23 PM

Aug 2007
Good ep. I was expecting the group to be a little heartbroken over losing Bulat but they are grieving in their own ways. Also nice to see even Bulat acknowledge Tatsumi in surpassing him someday. I also enjoyed the whole flashback of how deadly Esdeath really is. Oh man Wave was hilarious he reminds me of Tatsumi almost seems like the normal one in that group of people. Well he must have some quirk. Best part was pretty much the tourament with Tatsumi he pretty much cleared all of Esdeath's ideal man right there. Talk about impressive though dang she works fast chains him like a dog and takes him to the palace. Oh man I wonder how Tatsumi will get out of this one?

Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 31, 2014 8:37 PM
Mar 2014
Haha, as soon as they started reading out Esdeath's requirements I thought of Tatsumi. Next ep preview seems interesting - she licked him o.O The abilities of the Jaegers also seem cool.

This actually has so much potential. Tatsumi could be a spy from the inside and then also fall in love with Esdeath? o.O
Aug 31, 2014 8:42 PM

Mar 2014
Finally the Jaegers are here! Nice to see Wave and the gang finally together. Lol Esdeath leashing Tatsumi was just perfect. Now things are starting to get interested.
Aug 31, 2014 8:43 PM

Nov 2012
Best episode so far due to Jaegers finally appearing! Wave, Kurome and Esdeath-sama! Esdeath-sama was perfectly portrayed this episode, especially towards the end. Tatsumi you lucky dog!
Aug 31, 2014 8:43 PM

Aug 2014
Another beast episode. So the Leader was previously a general along with Esdeath. As soon as Wave got introduced, he immediately reminded me of Tatsumi, but when all the Jaegars assembled, it became obvious they were a reverted Night Raid, at least as cool as them, maybe even better.

Tatsumi was badass in his fight. Effortless victory + Esdeath's heart, can he seriously win more? Can't wait for the next episode, how the hell is Tatsumi going to get out of there..

This Anime is simply awesome and it's still early on. If this keeps up or gets better, i might have to give it a 10/10.

For now, a definite 5/5.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Aug 31, 2014 8:49 PM
Jun 2014
So... This is my first post ever, feels a little exciting~
Team Jaeger seems so innocent right now, but we know for certain Justice-chan/Kurome aren't.
(Nice reminder there, with the demon-face when she was trying to attack Esdeath)
The preview seems to show the actual darkness behind some, if not all, of the new team though (I think Run for sure at least).
It's a little sad to have the characters that come off as so nice have their actual personalities revealed, but this show pulls it off amazingly, so I'm fine.
Wave and Bors seem nice enough though, and I got this sort of regretful feeling from Bors when he denied being a good person, which made me feel a bit for him.

Another thing, I detect Mine(s)? Anyone? No? Okay.
But in all seriousness, it's been made pretty clear Mine's going to start developing feelings.
Am I the only one getting a death-flag feeling from Mine (with how determined she is to get better and seek revenge for Sheele/Bulat) and Najenda (Night Raid leader)?

Sweet Jesus, Esdeath looks so cute (when she's not murdering and torturing people).
I could tell from the moment the list appeared it meant Tatsumi would be picked.
Seems like a very dangerous prize. Also, that trailer hint. *cough*

The thing I'm worried about is Akame and the others trying to rescue Tatsumi and giving him away, and maybe getting themselves killed.
I feel bad for Esdeath in a way, with how she fell in love with a member of a group sworn against her, basically, and it's obvious it will be revealed sooner or later, and I feel like it's going to wreck her a bit. This show isn't the one where everyone makes up and becomes friends, and it's much better that way, but I'm really anxious to see what will happen.

Whew, I felt like I wrote a lot. As for the argument about the list, I don't really want to start it back up, and this probably sounds like nitpicking, but even if Wave was valid - which in my opinion he isn't, for the reasons that one person mentioned - that's still a far cry from it being basically every character.

Anyways, I think Akame ga Kill is within top 2 for this season. (Barakamon being top in my opinion.)
Please let me know what you guys think of what I said, it would be nice. ^^
Aug 31, 2014 8:52 PM

Sep 2011
Loved the episode, just as funny as it was in the manga. Introduction of the Jaegers was awesome and Esdese of course was great.
Aug 31, 2014 8:53 PM

Jun 2014
The ending was hilarious.Best girl obviously has a S & M thing going on (Which isn't very surprising).
Aug 31, 2014 9:12 PM

Jul 2013
Another episode I enjoyed alot. Got some laughs out of it.
Loved the scene that Anaki talking about Tatsumi would be stronger than him in the future and wanted to see that. Got little feels from that :/
lol at the end. Esdeath, I have a feeling she's gonna be a yandere . Tatsumi you lucky dog but at the same time, you poor bastard.
Aug 31, 2014 9:40 PM
Mar 2014
Accelevi said:

I feel bad for Esdeath in a way, with how she fell in love with a member of a group sworn against her, basically, and it's obvious it will be revealed sooner or later, and I feel like it's going to wreck her a bit. This show isn't the one where everyone makes up and becomes friends, and it's much better that way, but I'm really anxious to see what will happen.

Same here. I feel as though she's just going to go on a massive rampage and will want to destroy Night Raid even more; and the love she had for Tatsumi will turn into hatred.

Seems as though they're going to back off for a while though and see what happens.
Aug 31, 2014 9:43 PM

Jul 2014
I enjoyed how Tatsumi responded when Bulat was brought up, I think it definitely keeps the story going. If he was able to make Incursio evolve once more, (seriously that dragon looked like a relic), then surpassing Bulat won't even be a challenge for him... however, all of this is waylaid because of Esdeath >.>

It looks like a rescue mission is out of the question for Night Raid, I wonder how Tatsumi is going to escape ;p
Aug 31, 2014 9:49 PM

Aug 2013
Pretty great episode excited for whats coming up :D
Aug 31, 2014 9:51 PM

Dec 2013
Ermygerd Tatsumi. Lucky bastard. But not so lucky. This episode was probably one of the best. Akame's sister is sooo cute omg. Hahaha next episode. I sense ecchi. 5/5.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Aug 31, 2014 10:25 PM

Nov 2013
Now I get why all these manga readers have been calling Esdeath "best girl". I thought she was just another villain to be defeated shortly, but now it's gotten a little complicated..
Aug 31, 2014 10:27 PM

May 2009
neonie said:
I disagree. The anime art has been really good, especially during fight scenes. But even looking at this comparison shot of the manga, Kurome just looks dead, like she isn't shaded properly, her face looks a bit warped to the left (rather then be centered properly) which only contributes to the flatness/deadness of the image. The only real issue with the anime is it looks like maybe they changed her hair style from twintails or moved her twintails further to the back, a bit odd but whatever.

She is fucking necromancer, she is almost dead, those cookies are keeping her alive. It was supposed to look like this.
Aug 31, 2014 10:33 PM
Jan 2011
5/5 beast ep.

esdeath is awesome just like in the manga
they adapted ch.15 16 perfectly
looks next ep will cover ch17 18

plz people dont sleep on Wave he is a beast trust me
Aug 31, 2014 10:37 PM
Jun 2014
Also does Tatsumi have Incursio with him?
Because wouldn't Esdeath be able to recognize it?
MiralilySep 1, 2014 7:39 AM
Aug 31, 2014 10:45 PM
Mar 2014
lovexLuffy said:
OMG Wave gives me life. He was too funny. When he first opened the door and Bols was sitting there I literally laughed. And then his hunt for someone normal. I am soooo waiting on Runs to go all cray cray on me. The ending was predictable but it's still good. I really want to know what happens next I just may read the manga. I'm too amused right now.

I'm holding off the manga until the end of this season. I love how he searches for someone normal when he isn't even normal himself. But I guess that's a characteristic of their group.

Seems quite similar to Tatsumi, although he wasn't whisked away by Night Raid before joining the Army.
Aug 31, 2014 10:48 PM

Mar 2014
well someones getting laid..
Aug 31, 2014 10:49 PM
Mar 2014
Accelevi said:
Also does Tatsumi have Incursion with him?
Because wouldn't Esdeath be able to recognize it?

Probably not. I think he was fighting without it due to the contest.

Even if he did, she wouldn't know that it was linked to her comrades' deaths. She just knows they died, no necessarily how.

What I find interesting is how he'll approach being given the scizzors. Both whether it's compatible (considering he already owns an imperial arms) and how he reacts to seeing it again.
Aug 31, 2014 11:02 PM

Dec 2012
I knew It! She's gonna fall for him LOL

Aug 31, 2014 11:02 PM

May 2011
The preview looks awesome!!! :D I'm so eager to watch the next episode. :I

It's good to see Tatsume getting raped from time to time.
Aug 31, 2014 11:15 PM

Mar 2013
Ran's a guy? lmao I thought he was a girl when I read the manga. I thought Nyau was a girl too. The bishie's going too fucking far.
Aug 31, 2014 11:18 PM
Nov 2010
Z4k said:
Annnnd she falls in love with Tatsumi for no fucking reason

Well he did fall into all her criteria. Falling in love ain't exactly checking off a checklist though. xD The moment when she blushed and collared him I laughed so hard. I knew it was coming but seeing it was so funny.

I also agree that the villiains seem even more interesting then Night Raid now..but then again, two of them are dead now. The dynamics are gone. The Jeager's dynamic looks super interesting and potentially funny. That kinda seems weird but is refreshing as well.

Wake realizing he went to the right room was hilarious.
Aug 31, 2014 11:20 PM

Oct 2013
-ZET- said:
Mikatarukito said:

Oh fuck finally someone notices how bad the art is compared to the Manga. It's quite distressing actually.

To be fair it's pretty rare to see a series where the adaptation art is better than the original or even close, specially action ones, but I got you, the art in the anime is actually pretty bad.

What actually makes me sad and disappointed in this adaptation is the soundtrack, it is too weak for all the tension and some of them are very unffiting, the only part of the series until now where you can actually feel it, was when Tatsumi got the Incursio, other than that is pretty bad,I can actually remember animes like Date A Live and Campione having better OST than this.

Yeah, it just doesn't do the manga justice. Hope it gets better, but I doubt it will.
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Aug 31, 2014 11:26 PM

Apr 2014
Accelevi said:
So... This is my first post ever, feels a little exciting~
Team Jaeger seems so innocent right now, but we know for certain Justice-chan/Kurome aren't.
(Nice reminder there, with the demon-face when she was trying to attack Esdeath)
The preview seems to show the actual darkness behind some, if not all, of the new team though (I think Run for sure at least).
It's a little sad to have the characters that come off as so nice have their actual personalities revealed, but this show pulls it off amazingly, so I'm fine.
Wave and Bors seem nice enough though, and I got this sort of regretful feeling from Bors when he denied being a good person, which made me feel a bit for him.

Another thing, I detect Mine(s)? Anyone? No? Okay.
But in all seriousness, it's been made pretty clear Mine's going to start developing feelings.
Am I the only one getting a death-flag feeling from Mine (with how determined she is to get better and seek revenge for Sheele/Bulat) and Najenda (Night Raid leader)?

Sweet Jesus, Esdeath looks so cute (when she's not murdering and torturing people).
I could tell from the moment the list appeared it meant Tatsumi would be picked.
Seems like a very dangerous prize. Also, that trailer hint. *cough*

The thing I'm worried about is Akame and the others trying to rescue Tatsumi and giving him away, and maybe getting themselves killed.

Whew, I felt like I wrote a lot. As for the argument about the list, I don't really want to start it back up, and this probably sounds like nitpicking, but even if Wave was valid - which in my opinion he isn't, for the reasons that one person mentioned - that's still a far cry from it being basically every character.

Anyways, I think Akame ga Kill is within top 2 for this season. (Barakamon being top in my opinion.)
Please let me know what you guys think of what I said, it would be nice. ^^

Bors is my favorite from the Jaegers you'll will understand and You will root for this big guy.He's a life is so Innocent and...

All I can say about Esdeath and Tatsumi is that.."Tatsumi's a F**** idiot.You stupid little F***." Reference: Chapter 51.
NeutralSideAug 31, 2014 11:29 PM

Aug 31, 2014 11:34 PM
Mar 2014
Haha poor Tatsumi

Very enjoyable episode introducing the new people./

And that preview .. lol
Aug 31, 2014 11:37 PM

Feb 2014
Stark700 said:
This smile:

Oh Esdeath is so perfect. Damn Tatsumi is lucky.
Aug 31, 2014 11:51 PM

Jan 2014
Wave was funny xD
A pretty relaxing episode overall.
Aug 31, 2014 11:53 PM

Sep 2012
oh, they're up to this part already?

sweet, these were probably some of my favorite chapters in the manga
Aug 31, 2014 11:53 PM

Feb 2013
Oh man, I truly love Esdeath. She's so cute, blushing like that ;w;

Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2014

1209 by Ratris_Decision »»
May 2, 1:31 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1364 by vero231 »»
May 1, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2014

282 by Cammell »»
Apr 18, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

981 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Uff...those continuous deaths

S1H2A3N - Mar 17

1 by 7Hunna_Jahmir »»
Mar 26, 2:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.