Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 30, 2014 3:06 PM

Jul 2013
Lol plenty skipped yet again.
Fighting was solid, only good thing about the episode really.
Might only rewatch it for the fights alone.
And that finishes off Volume 6.
Aug 30, 2014 3:08 PM

May 2014
retepeters said:
afterall there isn't that much that makes tatsuya special.
something like that

[spoiler]

Not really much of a spoiler since everyone has already named it in past threads..

Material Burst

Dec 2011
jakkubus said:

Kurogashi said:
LOL wth. that guy was made to be such a bad ass but he just got caught like that? smh.
need more finger snapping fights. those were cool

It just mean he wasn't that badass.

Or he was just unlucky to suddenly meet Chiba Naotsugu in a hospital XD

@retepeters: See what will happen in the next episode or two (I hope Madhouse won't screw it up) and you will get what you wish (to see Tatsuya at his best).
alcrowryAug 30, 2014 3:11 PM

Apr 2008
retepeters said:
i think i didn't explain myself accurately, cause that's not exactly my concern

the show begins with a world where they use magic (u know the details probably)
kids are trained to learn how to use this magic in combat and other situations
shiba is an extraordinary mage, and because of that he is able to deal with more serious situations e.g. revolutionary investigation, police operations, etc

my real problem, is that now too many people are able to do these things and i just feel that (cause i was kind of excited with shiba's power in the beginning of the show) afterall there isn't that much that makes tatsuya special.
something like that

ps. i did not read the manga

Everyone who fought in this episode is from the ten families. They are NOT kids in anything but age.
Aug 30, 2014 3:10 PM
Oct 2012
retepeters said:
i was a bit annoyed about tatsuya being able to do everything... but now i am even more upset, cause every kid now can stand up to people from the mafia or secret services
i just can't stand this "kid's power" thing

These "kids" were designed to be weapons, and they are constantly being "developed". Each generation is more developed than the previous generation, that is pretty much the entire premise of this show.

One of the reasons the GAA is so desperate to get their hands on magic is that because of WWIII they are about a generation behind the Japanese and the United States and they are doing what they can, fair or foul, to catch up.

Another thing that the brushed over during the 9SC series is that Tatsuya is a "strategic level magician" and there are rumored to be 50 of them in the world. Only 13 are publicly acknowledged, the rest (like Tatsuya) are treated as state secrets. So it isn't particularly surprising that he can waste the competition he has met, they are both below his level and they don't know who or what he is.
Aug 30, 2014 3:17 PM
Oct 2012
Darklight0303 said:
Everyone who fought in this episode is from the ten families. They are NOT kids in anything but age.

Mari isn't from the 10 clans or even the 18 families. She is more like Tatsuya, she has trained herself physically with an elite teacher (the Chiba), she has developed magic to support this training, and she has learned a few non magical tricks to round out her abilities.

Her attack this episode had a major weakness, it took a few seconds to activate it. But knowing this she distracted him by first using some sort of flash powder and then making him think her sword was her main attack.
Aug 30, 2014 3:27 PM

May 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Everyone who fought in this episode is from the ten families.

I don't recall Lu Gonghu being part of Ten Master Clans. ;)
No wonder, dragon with no head must be retarded.
Aug 30, 2014 3:30 PM

Jul 2013
alcrowry said:
jakkubus said:

It just mean he wasn't that badass.

Or he was just unlucky to suddenly meet Chiba Naotsugu in a hospital XD

@retepeters: See what will happen in the next episode or two (I hope Madhouse won't screw it up) and you will get what you wish (to see Tatsuya at his best).

well if u say so i look forward to it :)
Aug 30, 2014 3:38 PM
Aug 2014
It's being so rushed!! D:
Still love it though, don't care what anyone says!
Aug 30, 2014 3:56 PM
Jul 2018
Lu Gonghu vs Naotsugu was pretty decent.

That almost kiss scene between Miyuki and Tatsuya was great.

Miyuki was thinking about her Onii-sama in her bed was nice.
Aug 30, 2014 4:06 PM

Mar 2013
Im really forcing myself to go on wtih this anime... Apart from a few episode , it has been generally boring. :// Anyway I will be patient and complete it , just 4 episodes more ... XD XD
Aug 30, 2014 4:22 PM

Jan 2013
Man, Miyuki is so creepy...
Aug 30, 2014 4:22 PM
Feb 2014
You know, when I first read the LN, I had a theory: Satou is putting these incest scenes in either to get support for Mahouka (cause Japs luv incest) or just for the lolz. In fact, this is the only major incestous scene after Volume 5, and nothing really incestous happens after that. In fact, everything after Volume 5 ships Tatsuya with Mayumi, Honoka (or V.2) or Lina, and more character development.
I spent my time here nowadays: [url=forums.spacebattles.com]Spacebattles Forums[/url]

Its been a while since I came to MAL. Ignore my old posts please, they were dumb.
Aug 30, 2014 4:36 PM

Aug 2013
Fight scenes were pretty intense and fast paced, made for a great watch. Nice to see Naotsugu and Mari in action and Mayumi a little less so and although Mari delivered the winning blow, without Tatsuya those girls would have been in trouble for sure. Things are certainly starting to kick off though, can't wait to see what happens next.
Aug 30, 2014 4:47 PM
Oct 2013
Takuan_Soho said:

Mari isn't from the 10 clans or even the 18 families. She is more like Tatsuya, she has trained herself physically with an elite teacher (the Chiba), she has developed magic to support this training, and she has learned a few non magical tricks to round out her abilities.

mari is like tatsuya...lol.....yea keep thinking that
“How strange and foolish is man. He loses his health in gaining wealth. Then, to regain his health he wastes his wealth. He ruins his present while worrying about his future, but weeps in the future by recalling his past. He lives as though death shall never come to him, but dies in a way as if he were never born”
― Imam Ali as
Aug 30, 2014 4:49 PM

Jan 2014
man the fight scenes were a bit short
Recommend me an anime
Aug 30, 2014 4:50 PM
Oct 2012
odysseyrh said:

I think you misunderstood my point. Didn't say they were anywhere near equal in power.
Aug 30, 2014 4:53 PM
Oct 2013
MagicianX26 said:
You know, when I first read the LN, I had a theory: Satou is putting these incest scenes in either to get support for Mahouka (cause Japs luv incest) or just for the lolz. In fact, this is the only major incestous scene after Volume 5, and nothing really incestous happens after that. In fact, everything after Volume 5 ships Tatsuya with Mayumi, Honoka (or V.2) or Lina, and more character development.

there hasn't been much in the siblings since they got that "roommate" at end of the first year of school. Lina.... would be nice if she defects from USNA for Japan, she wasn't much of a soldier.
“How strange and foolish is man. He loses his health in gaining wealth. Then, to regain his health he wastes his wealth. He ruins his present while worrying about his future, but weeps in the future by recalling his past. He lives as though death shall never come to him, but dies in a way as if he were never born”
― Imam Ali as
Aug 30, 2014 5:05 PM

May 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
odysseyrh said:

I think you misunderstood my point. Didn't say they were anywhere near equal in power.

But Tatsuya is from Ten Master Clans. Also Mari is not perfect at anything.
Aug 30, 2014 5:05 PM

Dec 2013
polesp said:
Man, Miyuki is so creepy...
Aug 30, 2014 5:10 PM
Oct 2012
jakkubus said:
Takuan_Soho said:

You also misunderstood my point.
Aug 30, 2014 5:21 PM
Jul 2014
Watanabe and Mayumi kicking ass, all my yes.

AND THE RETURN OF THE ONII-SAMA!

A little irony, felt like one of the longest Mahouka episodes I've ever seen, but this was really just all action, and created more gaps in the plot. Ah well.
Aug 30, 2014 5:49 PM

Mar 2013
Senninn1 said:
So, it's gonna take a incest route afterall.

It always was incest route to begin with.
Aug 30, 2014 5:53 PM

May 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
jakkubus said:

You also misunderstood my point.

So what is your point? Mari is nothing like Tatsuya.
Aug 30, 2014 5:58 PM

Jul 2013
Wow I didn't expect the good guys, (Mari, Naotsugu, Tatsuya, and Mayumi) to win the first and second round against Lu. I thought Lu will win on these fights, but I guessed I was wrong in this episode. That was pretty brutal to see Mari and Tatsuya, taking out Lu on his blood.

I don't know why but Zhou seems like a mysterious character, I wonder what his fighting style looks like. LOL at the end, Miyuki was crying then all happy again when she almost kissed her onii-sama.

Aug 30, 2014 6:15 PM

Jan 2014
Tatsuya could have killed Lu Gonghu, .if the two girls weren't around...lucky for him...but before that he'll extract some infos on the guy..
Miyuki you brocon! you're just too cute...
I feel really bad for Miyuki even though she's the person who loves Tatsuya the most in the world...they can't be together...unless their's a twist that they aren't really blood related...I hope that happens
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Aug 30, 2014 6:31 PM

Nov 2012
"A ki—"
Aug 30, 2014 6:36 PM
Oct 2012
jakkubus said:
So what is your point? Mari is nothing like Tatsuya.

I wrote: "She is more like Tatsuya, she has trained herself physically with an elite teacher (the Chiba), she has developed magic to support this training, and she has learned a few non magical tricks to round out her abilities."

While Tatusya does have great magic (being a member of the 10 clans, unlike Mari), he has won most of his competitions to date not with overpowering spells, but by utilizing his training with a elite teacher (Ninjistu), developed magic to support this training (leaping and the like), and has learned a few non-magic tricks (in his case Loop Casting) to round out his abilities.

That is how they are similar.
Aug 30, 2014 6:42 PM

May 2013
Lu Gonghu got captured. Well done Mari, Tatsuya and Mayumi. The action was cool. Looks like Mr. Zhou was controlling Hirakawa through flowers. That was unique. Miyuki and Tatsuya moment. Nice try Miyuki.
Aug 30, 2014 7:07 PM
Oct 2012
VGFACTCHECKER said:
CrimsonMoon56 said:
Im really forcing myself to go on wtih this anime... Apart from a few episode , it has been generally boring. :// Anyway I will be patient and complete it , just 4 episodes more ... XD XD

you know you love it

LOL, you know I never knew how oppressive this anime was. But looking back on this thread there are so many people who are forcing themselves to watch it, you can only admire the power this show has to force people to do that.
Aug 30, 2014 7:11 PM
Oct 2013
DeadZeroSource said:
Tatsuya could have killed Lu Gonghu, .if the two girls weren't around...lucky for him...but before that he'll extract some infos on the guy..
Miyuki you brocon! you're just too cute...
I feel really bad for Miyuki even though she's the person who loves Tatsuya the most in the world...they can't be together...unless their's a twist that they aren't really blood related...I hope that happens

that would be nice because of the lousy hand Tatsuya has been dealt, only being able to love his sis and its not even romantic love at that.
However its been stated ad nauseam that they are siblings and to change it now would be a cheap switch
― Imam Ali as
Aug 30, 2014 7:22 PM

Sep 2013
Good thing Tatsuya didn't fight he would have demon light/right to hell out off Lu Gonghu instantly, tch looks like the man-eating tiger is a pu$$y.

Mari wants some Chiba loving it seems ;)

retepeters said:
i was a bit annoyed about tatsuya being able to do everything... but now i am even more upset, cause every kid now can stand up to people from the mafia or secret services
i just can't stand this "kid's power" thing

What are you doing here old man? :( go watch your 70's TV shows.

bastek66 said:

<3 Miyuki <3
Aug 30, 2014 7:24 PM

Jun 2013
amazing fights
Aug 30, 2014 7:26 PM
May 2014
zetsubousei_hero said:
Senninn1 said:
So, it's gonna take a incest route afterall.

It always was incest route to begin with.

it's just miyuki thinks so ,her onii-sama clearly doesn't want that
Aug 30, 2014 7:52 PM

Mar 2012
Awesome action as always! Awesome episode as always.

I-i-i-incest?! Almost! xD Last scene with Miyuki on bed was funny and kawaii :x
Aug 30, 2014 8:02 PM
Oct 2012
neilviosuy said:
Remember that Japan has families/clans where the its members were trained/ experimented to be human weapons in the past(or maybe still on going).

It won't be covered in this series, but yes they are still doing it. They aren't supposed to be doing it, but the clans (especially the Yotsuba) are still experimenting on humans (and killing off their failures).

This is one of the reasons that this series isn't nationalistic. While the GAA and Dahan are by no means angels, Satou has made it clear that the Japanese are not better.
Aug 30, 2014 9:10 PM

Aug 2013
Lu Gonghu should thank Miyuki and Mari for being there. If it was just Tatsuya his injuries would have been more severe or worse :3

Too late to edit it out since it's been quoted, I meant Mayumi :p
xcheeAug 30, 2014 10:32 PM
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 30, 2014 10:20 PM

May 2011
xchee said:
Lu Gonghu should thank Miyuki and Mari for being there. If it was just Tatsuya his injuries would have been more severe or worse :3

Hahahaha yeah indeed xD so true.

Aug 30, 2014 10:47 PM
Oct 2013
neilviosuy said:
The Yotsuba in particular are pretty crazy in terms of experimentation and gaining power. Only 30 yotsuba died while 2000-3000 (I think) were killed when the the Yotsuba attacked so it's not that suprising if Miyuki and Tatsuya are kinda OP since they are directly related to the former clan heads.

(IDK if this is a spoiler though since it doesn't really affect the story)

you talking about the Nightmare of 2062? 30 dead including the head of the house and the enemy suffered 4000
― Imam Ali as
Aug 30, 2014 10:48 PM

May 2011
y123y said:
Only 4 more and itll all be over.

If they had just made Jumonji or the Crimson Prince the MC or both.

They're so weak compared to Tatsuya-sama and the MC must be strong!
Aug 30, 2014 10:53 PM

Dec 2013
This episode was pretty awesome in my opinion. Nice fights with Lu Gonghu. Good to see him get rekt.

Then theres the Miyuki "Onii-sama" that i find very pleasing to the ear. Soooo close to finally kissing damnit. Why Tatsuya why?!? Miyuki looks so cute sleeping on her bed feeling so happy in her undergarments >.< nosebleed scene.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Aug 30, 2014 11:41 PM

Feb 2013
I wonder what was Miyuki doing in underwear at the end ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Well, it was an "ok" episode.
Aug 31, 2014 1:46 AM

Jun 2013
Dat Miyuki x Tatsuya moment hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg

Also found out she sleeps almost neked

Lu turned out to be a big nothing weaksauce
Aug 31, 2014 2:24 AM

May 2013
Satan-sama said:
y123y said:
Only 4 more and itll all be over.

If they had just made Jumonji or the Crimson Prince the MC or both.

They're so weak compared to Tatsuya-sama and the MC must be strong!

They are strong and OP. It is just Tatsuya, who is flawless Gary Stu. But you are right, power fantasy MC must be strong.
Aug 31, 2014 2:27 AM
Jun 2014
lucidbrandon said:

Lu turned out to be a big nothing weaksauce

I think that Lu turned out to be decent though. He did fight against Erika's brother who is a master of the Chiba family and a world class swordsman. Also it seems that both of them know each other, while normal students don't like Mari. I wouldn't be surprised if Erika's brother also fought in the war like little Tatsuya did. Lu would've won the battle too, since he could minimize the damage he got with his magic, while Erika's brother can't. So if it was 1 vs 1, than Erika's brother would lose most likely.

This also applies to his second battle. He was able to fight against Mari, while able to prevent being damaged from Mayumi who was spamming her magic the whole time. He only lost because his wound from Erika's brother was still there and Tatsuya demo'd his whole body, incl. that his magic couldn't minimize his wound anymore. So props to Erika's brother :3
TKMikeAug 31, 2014 2:31 AM
Aug 31, 2014 2:27 AM

Jul 2012
Lu Gongh put up quiet the fight.

Great episode!!!
Aug 31, 2014 3:55 AM

Jul 2013
I like the action in this show but sometimes they use too much magic and that limits their physical movement and it takes away the thrill and excitement. Anyway I really see the incest route here.. I usually hate incest in anime because there are a lot of better girls aside from the sister... *cough* OreImo *cough*... but this time is kinda different... no one else seems to have a chance because Tatsuya only have one emotion left and that is his love for his sister ( and I don't know why). But I'm still all for Mayumi.. that lovely voice and not to mention she's older... older girls are the bomb.
Aug 31, 2014 4:24 AM

Jul 2012
Good action. Lu Gonghu was at a very big disadvantage, there was no way that he would win against 3 people. Wow that scene at the end, Miyuki :O
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Aug 31, 2014 4:29 AM

Jul 2013
You're taking your love for your onii-sama a bit too far now Miyuki...
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Aug 31, 2014 4:34 AM

May 2013
bjorno said:
Good action. Lu Gonghu was at a very big disadvantage, there was no way that he would win against 3 people. Wow that scene at the end, Miyuki :O

There was no way that he could win against Tatsuya alone...
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

» Romance Tag?

akihiko132 - Dec 8, 2020

4 by fqdnl »»
Apr 3, 6:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.