Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 23, 2009 12:12 AM

Nov 2007
I liked Canvas 2; while nothing great, was still decent for what it was. Quite watchable even if not amazing. This, however... is not.

The art is low grade, the scenario and dialogue is very poorly written, the voicework is bad and even the scoring and foley is a bit off. This really is a very low budget production that even makes most hentai look good.

It did actually have some H content, though nothing terribly explicit... which makes me wonder why they didn't just make it a regular H OVA in the firstplace. At least then the poor writing and low budget production could be forgiven. This is just pointless. I don't understand why they bothered making it. There's too many characters to develop in the two episodes, which is where the sequel actually succeeded (to a degree).

And no, this isn't a "review" but rather just me expressing my displeasure and wondering why I wasted almost an hour watching these when I have so much better stuff in my backlog. The only redeeming feature is that it has a much better sequel, but even that isn't saying much. This can quite happily be completely skipped.
Oct 23, 2009 12:15 AM

Jun 2009
Yeah, I have to agree with you. I though Canvas 2 was an improvement, the first was so bad I can't even believe the second one was animated. Well, at least it was only 2 episodes.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 21, 2011 3:58 PM

Nov 2009
To be honest, I didn't understand the point of the hentai scenes. =_= Considering it isn't tagged as a hentai, it just made me think they were trying to redeem a bad story by scoring points for being sexy. It felt extremely...wrong. >_>
Jan 28, 2013 5:47 AM

Sep 2010
It was amazing for a 2002 release, i actually enjoyed this more than Canvas 2 because it felt more realistic. Well, excluding the masturbation scene though.
ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
Jan 28, 2013 5:48 AM

Jul 2011
Your ass is low grade
Aug 13, 2014 1:29 PM

Oct 2012
Because of how borderline-hentai this is, I am unable to believe that I actually watched this. In my opinion, they should make a version of Canvas 1 that does not have the borderline-H scenes.
Jan 14, 2015 12:40 PM

Feb 2008
The masturbation scene was actually true work of art, exactly the thing this OVA was trying to tell you about.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Nov 14, 2023 11:07 AM

Oct 2018
If they want to add sex scenes. They should make it as a hentai. I don't like half-ass like this

More topics from this board

Poll: » Canvas: Sepia-iro no Motif Episode 2 Discussion

OppaiSugoi - Feb 1, 2017

0 by OppaiSugoi »»
Feb 1, 2017 4:14 PM

Poll: » Canvas: Sepia-iro no Motif Episode 1 Discussion

OppaiSugoi - Feb 1, 2017

0 by OppaiSugoi »»
Feb 1, 2017 3:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.