Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 20, 2014 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
As I had thought, Kuro causes more trouble.

Oh Illya, the way Shiro teases you and made your eyes go <3 was just priceless. The girls thinks up a bunch of cliches though. Take those notes down, Illya. And what's with the hair? LOL, it reminds me of Sena's hair during that one episode from Haganai S2.

Stark700Aug 20, 2014 10:24 AM
Aug 20, 2014 11:58 AM

May 2013
Putting mints on a pound cake doesn't seem good. Lol Ilya's hair was pretty ridiculous.
Aug 20, 2014 12:10 PM
Jan 2014
Enjoyed the comedy in this one.

Shirou's morning life is now crumbled.
The cooking contest though. Having Tatsuko in your team is surely a pain. Adding those mints into the batter was crazy. Only if Illya could've used her Mystic Eyes of Binding.

The flashback of Shirou's childhood cooking disasters was interesting. Illya better be thankful that her failed attempt made her the victor. Sella's overreaction was priceless.

Shirou doesn't have much luck on the family hierarchy. Iri-sama rocking the god tier,lol. Shirou is totally outnumbered without Kerry around.

The failed older sister act was amusing.

Stark700 said:
And what's with the hair? LOL, it reminds me of Sena's hair during that one episode from Haganai S2.

That's exactly what I was thinking too.

The last part was kinda touching though. Still, Kuro does need to be thankful to Illya, she is her mana supplier.
Aug 20, 2014 12:15 PM

Jul 2007
Can't wait for next episode :3

So far it seems they really want to
Aug 20, 2014 12:19 PM

Apr 2010
The reason this episode brought me so much joy was because Shirou was suffering nothing is better then seeing useless harem mains suffer.
And that family ranking put him right in his place.

Next week should be very interesting can't wait till the episode.
Aug 20, 2014 12:23 PM

Aug 2010
Funny and cute episode :3 Loving the FSN OST remixes ^^

Kuro is really fitting in and using her chances with her Onii-chan sleeping with him and stuff XD Her arguments with Illya are fun hehe. Cute moment when Kuro was blushing talking about the mana kisses :)

I don't know if Shirou can be considered a lucky bastard or not lol at him being ranked lowest of all XD Iri really treats him like shit XD And getting slapped by Illya twice lol

How he was wishing for Kiritsugu to come back because of the male:female ratio was funny hehe

His judging for the cooking was nice. And Illya got her kiss ^^ Tatsuko was so hilarious during the cooking part though XD

The rules of being an onee-san and Illya doing them all failing horribly was hilarious XD "U need a hospital" and their reaction "She worried about her" XD

Yay Bazett incoming >.<
Aug 20, 2014 12:24 PM

Feb 2013
Seeing Kohaku, Stheno & Euryale and Touko in this episode made my day.
Waiting for the next episode :3
We're finally going to see Bazett <3
But it's sad since it's pretty sure they won't adapt Gil-kun.

Aug 20, 2014 12:26 PM
Jul 2018
This episode is hilarious.

I loved how Kuro is being lovey dovey with Shirou.

Poor Illya, having Tatsuko in her cooking team was a pain. Lol at that wedding cake!

What's up with Illya's hair!
Aug 20, 2014 12:35 PM

Jun 2013
I don't really like how they shortened the Shirou's flashback, it was pretty much the most we will see of Shirou acting as an older brother and it was one of my favorite moments in the manga. I mean, Illya is quite important to Shirou too. In another world, her death is what set him on a path of despair.
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Aug 20, 2014 12:51 PM

Oct 2012
This episode... I just died laughing :D Isn't it kinda bad when I like it more than regular episodes? :)

Flashback to Shirou/Illya living together was really nice and heartwarming. Not to mention Ever-present Feeling melody that played there, great choice.

And when they were mentioning older siblings, I just lost there, hillarious moment. To see Rider's sisters there and to know what relation they have to her, I was laughing hard :)) (who were those other two - someone from Tsukihime/other TM work? ah, that was Touko, right, I still haven't seen Kara no Kyoukai nor played Mahou Tsukai no Yoru)
Spoiler for FHA pic:

Are those girls' sisters mentioned on the toilet at school any significant characters/references too?
Miyu's is of the same age as Illya? What an interesting surprise.
And Bazett arrives next time, things starts moving again - three last eps!
Mich666Aug 20, 2014 1:03 PM
Aug 20, 2014 1:09 PM
Mar 2014
Ah... but Kuro was the older, wasn't she?

By the way is Rider's backstory already translated in HA?
Aug 20, 2014 1:17 PM

Oct 2012
okaegen said:
Ah... but Kuro was the older, wasn't she?
By the way is Rider's backstory already translated in HA?

Yes, FHA main story is already completed, only 3 scenes are left to validate and all of those are from Eclipse.
Aug 20, 2014 1:27 PM

Jul 2007
IDk how someone could not recognize freaking Touko.

Most badass jerkass asshole female character in nasuverse.
Aug 20, 2014 1:30 PM

Aug 2009
Shirou the perfect hero of justice housewife.His serious face would be even funnier if not for Silver Link's shit char design.

Lol at Mimi's brother wearing a Type Mon shirt.

Also Plothole:Kuro is fused with the Heroic Spirit
.She should have been able to bake anything.Kaleid confirmed as not canon.

Akiha?
Arcueid will have a heart attack....
Mich666 said:

Are those girls' sisters mentioned on the toilet at school any significant characters/references too?
No.They only appear or mentioned in omakes or other comedy scenes.

HunterTennouji said:
. I mean, Illya is quite important to Shirou too. In another world, her death is what set him on a path of despair.
Not really.He felt sad and thought of it as his biggest failure but he was FAR from the path of despair.
Aug 20, 2014 1:44 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Lol amazing episode :D

Shirou actually kissed her, did not expect :>

Illya trying to act like an older sister and failing miserably was hilarious
Aug 20, 2014 2:05 PM

Nov 2010
This was very entertaining
First half with the pound cake baking contest, Tatsuko ruining everything on Ilya's side with her Salisbury obsession
Shirou tasting as a jury at the end was a great scene as well ending up knocked down

The second half having three birthdays on the 20th of July, Illya trying to act like the older sister really got out of hand
Aug 20, 2014 2:20 PM

Oct 2008

Pure gold. I live for moments like these.

Right to left:
ShinsoPriestAug 20, 2014 2:23 PM
Aug 20, 2014 2:27 PM

Jul 2009
what an amazing season this has been. more kuro bananzai pls.
Aug 20, 2014 2:37 PM

Jan 2009
Dam fillers. This was a 'meh' cooking episode…

7/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Aug 20, 2014 2:40 PM

Jul 2013
Basically this episode is about competition, and much more funnier then the previous episode. Felt bad that Shiroe is the only male in the household and getting abused by two of them XD.

Not that easy for Kuro and Illya to get along, but the last part was pretty touching where they are actually talking friendly now :D.

Aug 20, 2014 3:38 PM

Jun 2012
God-level Iri.

That is all.
Tutturu ~
Aug 20, 2014 4:02 PM

Oct 2013
if it's not yuri it's wincest XD
LMAO love this show
thats one hell of a way to wake up
[/quote]
Aug 20, 2014 4:19 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Kuro is already on the offensive; taking chances with Onii-chan early in the mornings. :p
Illya's Yandere aura though! Poor Shirou..

Cooking contest was hilarious! Damnit Tatsuko; coming out of nowhere and adding unnecessary ingredients twice. XD
Shirou's cooking review was nice though. Too bad, Sella caught him off-guard with the winner kiss.. XD

Older brother wall in the family hierarchy being the lowest was hilarious!
Shirou wishing Kiritsugu to come home soon to even out the male to female ratio was pretty funny too!

Illya's "Onee-chan" act going terribly wrong was too funny; especially how she followed through all the rules and still failed! XD
Still, their blushings were cute when Kuro brought up that she'll need mana kisses to exist from now on. :3

Good episode. End segment with Illlya realizing Kuro is earning Big Sister point was pretty funny!
New character incoming next episode? O.o

Aug 20, 2014 4:34 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
I guess I'll be a dissenter and say I, actually we (my son and I) didn't enjoy this episode very much. There were parts I thought where good, especially the Shiro flashback and the "bonding" between Illya and Kuro at the end, but I thought the rest should have been done differently. (shrug)

And Iri-mama seems intent on hiding things from those two...or at least Illya...
Aug 20, 2014 5:26 PM

Nov 2011
Kuro > Illya
Hate Keeps me warm
Aug 20, 2014 5:42 PM

Feb 2012
Dark Illya falling in love with Illya. What is this, Yugioh?

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2014 5:55 PM

Nov 2012
I need to see Kiritsugu come home at least once!
Aug 20, 2014 7:45 PM

Jul 2013
that kiss
that family
those classmates

watching this episode make it seem like a normal life anime, but the next episode will blow that normal life away XD

Aug 20, 2014 8:27 PM

Mar 2014
Best episode so far of thi season! much fun and references from other Type-Moon
franchises (Tsukihime ones are not forgotten TTwTT), apparently the "slice of life"
moments will end in the next episode (wanna know Bazett role in Fate/kaleid).
Aug 20, 2014 10:25 PM

Nov 2012
this was a nice comedy episode. poor shirou though..
Aug 21, 2014 3:18 AM

Dec 2011
Life is unfair, I want more kohaku :(
Aug 21, 2014 6:52 AM

Nov 2013
The comedy is great as always :D
Though I am beginning to feel that they are just beating a dead horse with Tatsuko -_-

Anyway, pretty fun episode and I don't have many complaints. Dat Shirou tho.

Also, this:
Freaking hilarious.

4/5
Aug 21, 2014 7:24 AM

Jun 2013
really funny episode
Aug 21, 2014 12:38 PM

Aug 2013
Poor Shirou..(bad end twice, in the bottom of the hierachy)
And I guess I'll need ufotable version of the twintailed Ilya
LOL, Ilya was already 18 in FSN
ernietheracefanAug 21, 2014 12:54 PM
Aug 21, 2014 12:41 PM

May 2013
Nobody has mentioned it so far, but Illya's family is clearly matriarchal. Some examples:

1) Chloe goes around kisssing Illya's friends and is punished whenever Illya manages to react. Chloe gets in bed with Shirou, who do Illya punishes? Shirou of course, the implied message "Stop flirting with Chloe you bitch, your a** is mine".

2) Shirou gives Illya a kiss in the forehead, the maid proceeds to deliver physical punishment, the implied message "Hey, where is MY kiss you bitch!".

3) Kitsurugi is nowhere to be found, he is ok with fighting mages and whatnot all over the world, but entering a house ruled by her wife and the maids, uhuh, Shirou, you are in your own (when kitsurugi hears that Illya is now a magical girl and she now has a twin with similar powers he probably wont even enter japan).
Aug 21, 2014 12:57 PM

Aug 2013
mangamuscle said:

Kiritsugu is nowhere to be found, he is ok with fighting mages and whatnot all over the world, but entering a house ruled by her wife and the maids, uhuh, Shirou, you are in your own (when kitsurugi hears that Illya is now a magical girl and she now has a twin with similar powers he probably wont even enter japan).

LOL, just like episode 26 of Zero
ernietheracefanAug 21, 2014 4:56 PM
Aug 21, 2014 1:21 PM

Sep 2013
mangamuscle said:
Kiritsugu is nowhere to be found, he is ok with fighting mages and whatnot all over the world, but entering a house ruled by her wife and the maids, uhuh, Shirou, you are in your own (when kitsurugi hears that Illya is now a magical girl and she now has a twin with similar powers he probably wont even enter japan).

He is still the second highest member in the family! Perhaps he needed a break from his wife though...

Pic:
CapsuleCoreAug 21, 2014 10:05 PM
Aug 21, 2014 1:33 PM

May 2013
C-Core said:
He is still the second highest member in the family! Perhaps he needed a break from his wife though...

Pic:

Remember Iris position is not "head of the household", she clearly wrote "God", therefore she can on a whim demote Kitsurugi below the maids or even (the horror) below his own daughter(s) and there would be no valid arguments, her word is divine mandate.

So the best solution to prevent such scenario is not be present at all (even though Iris has already returned home twice).
Aug 21, 2014 5:55 PM

Apr 2011
I think I hate the older sister more every time she shows up ... fucking ruins a beautifully sweet kiss for Ilya-chan with a half-assed attempt at comedy. Jeez, do anime writers have ANY other gags to their name? I get so fucking sick of one-note characters like her.

I'm also getting tired of Shiro being a punching bag in this series ...

At least the lolis are cute, as ever. Not a great episode but there were some funny spots in among the 'beat up on Shiro' crap. Especially Ilya's attempts at seeming like a proper older sister. WTF with that hair style, lol.

Thank goodness we seem to be getting some actual plot development next episode. Not that the loli slice of life style hasn't been fun, but I'm really ready for more badass Fate fights. At least we had a pretty awesome one with Saber Miyu and Kuro an episode or two ago.
Aug 21, 2014 9:46 PM

Aug 2009
Blind_Guardian said:
I think I hate the older sister more every time she shows up ... fucking ruins a beautifully sweet kiss for Ilya-chan with a half-assed attempt at comedy. Jeez, do anime writers have ANY other gags to their name? I get so fucking sick of one-note characters like her.

I'm also getting tired of Shiro being a punching bag in this series ...

At least the lolis are cute, as ever. Not a great episode but there were some funny spots in among the 'beat up on Shiro' crap. Especially Ilya's attempts at seeming like a proper older sister. WTF with that hair style, lol.

Thank goodness we seem to be getting some actual plot development next episode. Not that the loli slice of life style hasn't been fun, but I'm really ready for more badass Fate fights. At least we had a pretty awesome one with Saber Miyu and Kuro an episode or two ago.

She isnt an older sister.Ilya is an only child....if we exclude Kuro.

Shiro is always the punching bag.Different series, different characters delivering punishment.

mangamuscle said:
C-Core said:

Pic:

Remember Iris position is not "head of the household", she clearly wrote "God", therefore she can on a whim demote Kitsurugi below the maids or even (the horror) below his own daughter(s) and there would be no valid arguments, her word is divine mandate.

So the best solution to prevent such scenario is not be present at all (even though Iris has already returned home twice).
I dont think thaT kiritsugu really cares abut the position of the father in his home as long as he can play with his daughter(s).

Also last panel in the pic...Are they implying that Tasuko is Iri's daughter as well?
ssjokgAug 21, 2014 10:46 PM
Aug 21, 2014 10:42 PM
Jul 2011
It would be better if it showed Rin and Luvia side of the story.
Since Nanaki's big sister's popularity is toppled by twin tails and golden drills.

Iliya squashed the can with her bare hands in front of Miyu and Kuro, they both got wet.
Thinking why would Iliya would do that for Kuro, this is too good.

Tatsuko, someday she is not going to be a human anymore.
Aug 22, 2014 12:49 AM
Jul 2014
funniest part was shirou being accused of being a lolicon siscon. sella starting to look more and more like the tsundere in shirou's harem
Aug 22, 2014 1:06 AM
Jul 2014
billybob300c said:
Dam fillers. This was a 'meh' cooking episode…

7/10

its more of a character development episode between shirou, kuro and illya.
Aug 22, 2014 4:58 AM

Apr 2010
Aug 23, 2014 8:38 AM

Nov 2012
Diamond, pure crystal of fan service.

I must say this is anime which I enjoy the most in this summer.
Aug 24, 2014 1:21 AM

Jun 2013
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG DAT TSUNDERE ILYA

more kisses to come
Aug 24, 2014 1:13 PM

Dec 2007
This was nice. I'd watch this above saving the world from... whatever.

But there was one thing i liked in particular. In a lot of shows with this level of serious and a love triangle, the triangle is never resolved. The guy doesn't definitively pick anyone. It would have been very easy for Shirou to dance around the issue and say that they both did well or something, but he actually picked a winner and gave her a kiss. I appreciated that :)
Aug 24, 2014 8:08 PM

Jan 2011
Next episode: It's happening!

Aug 25, 2014 1:56 AM

Aug 2012
Tatsuko frothing was amusing :D

Btw It's kinda ridiculous for Kuro having to kiss people to be able to continue her life... How often is she supposed to do that anyway?
Aug 25, 2014 6:11 AM

Jul 2007
Vellamo said:

Btw It's kinda ridiculous for Kuro having to kiss people to be able to continue her life... How often is she supposed to do that anyway?

Any sort of sexual interaction works. IT has been the basis of this franchise from t he very beginning when it was established in FSN.

She has to do it as often as she wastes her prana reserves.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2014

105 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 3, 9:21 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2014

78 by GavrocheN7 »»
Mar 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2014

134 by Karva1 »»
Feb 19, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2014

153 by Karva1 »»
Feb 18, 11:06 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2014

103 by Karva1 »»
Feb 18, 9:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.