Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Aug 18, 2014 3:15 AM

Aug 2012
Bulat is a freakin beast!
Aug 18, 2014 4:04 AM

Mar 2012
Bulat is everything in Akame´s anime. Without him everything ends.
Aug 18, 2014 4:16 AM

Nov 2012
I really hope Bulat survives... even if he takes out those three there's still Esdeas. Fuck.
Aug 18, 2014 4:36 AM

Jan 2014
Bulat is so badass. but either 1 or 2 episode until he finished his role as Aniki.
Aug 18, 2014 6:07 AM

Jan 2010
As the pace of the episode has been dosed and well adapted to the frames of the manga, it is evident that the author runs too with the story at certain points, focusing all the fighting. Do not want to compare but if it were a formula style One Piece, with only one episode or more into the past of the characters, the impact on future events would be even greater. The anime is still a great adaptation, however, hope that the drama is inserted correctly in the next two chapters.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Aug 18, 2014 8:00 AM

Apr 2012
Tokoya said:
Looks like they're picking up the pace now since this episode essentially covered 3 chapters...I don't mind it because this pretty much gives me hope that the anime will end on the chapter that I want it to end on

Regardless they skipped about 3 scenes....But one of them was kind of included in last week's episode of AgK Theatre...Hopefully the other two can get included somehow later

Sora Amamiya did an amazing job during Akame's emotional scene....Now everyone knows that Akame does have emotions...That scene was very powerful and I too felt pretty sad

The Three Beasts sounds amazing but I expected that considering who their VA's are....River's/Liver's VA is the guy that voiced Alucard in Hellsing and Kotomine Kirei in the Fate Series...The scene where they massacred that political guy and his daughter was brutal

Braht is just perfect and amazing and is just way too cool....Seeing him be the badass that he truly is was so worth it...And dat hype..."128 Man Slayer Braht"

Next episode is when the battle gets really epic and I can't wait to see it animated ^^

Also, my Esudesu-sama~ Why are you so kawaii >//< I'll be your mate :''D

I definitely liked this episode's pacing. xD I definitely want the scene with Bulat to appear as flash back...it's better than nothing. :P

Even though I already knew what's happening next, this episode managed to kept me in suspense. The scene with Akame and Tatsumi was really well done... I immersed myself too much in Tatsumi's character that I totally forgot about Akame's feeling...。:゚(。ノω\。)゚・。 Fortunately, that gave me another moment of "surprise". Haha.

So much suffering for Tatsumi...(not much as Kaneki in Tokyo Ghoul though, lol)

I'm definitely looking forward for the battle next week!
Especially...Incursio's....
^don't click the spoiler if you're not *cough* Tokoya.

And yeah...Liver/River's voice actor...man, that voice.. xD
Leone, I'm relieved that you didn't get tested on Esdeath's torture...
ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=┌(๑ʘ∀ʘ)┘*cough* TOKOYA *wink* *cough*

Btw, did you listen to the full song of skyreach?
I couldn't complete Hunter x Hunter characters in Shironeko Project... 。・゚・(ノД`)・゚・。
Aug 18, 2014 8:17 AM

Apr 2013
oh hey we got alot of focus on bulat in other words he dies next *sigh*

please do not be predictable akame ga kill please don't continue like this.

good episode. liked the scene between akame and tatsumi
Aug 18, 2014 8:25 AM
Mar 2014
This episode is so LOL. Nothing extremely has happened though.
Aug 18, 2014 9:54 AM

Apr 2012
I'm surprised but in a good way. I almost forgot how OP Braht is.
Aug 18, 2014 9:54 AM

Apr 2009
xSanox said:

Protip: It stays predictable.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Aug 18, 2014 10:13 AM

Apr 2012
Nidhoeggr said:

Buuut, if everyone survived, it wouldn't look realistic and eventually we would get bored of OP characters. this is why i like this show, because people die (i know it sounds weird...), this is more fun (i'm not a psycho, don't get me wrong).

The only thing that really bothers me is the first episode. Basically the whole team went to kill that sadistic family and now when they're facing villains that are truly strong they only send two? doesn't make sense
Aug 18, 2014 10:16 AM

Jun 2013
bulat is such a badass
Aug 18, 2014 10:22 AM

Aug 2014
tigriss said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Buuut, if everyone survived, it wouldn't look realistic and eventually we would get bored of OP characters. this is why i like this show, because people die (i know it sounds weird...), this is more fun (i'm not a psycho, don't get me wrong).

The only thing that really bothers me is the first episode. Basically the whole team went to kill that sadistic family and now when they're facing villains that are truly strong they only send two? doesn't make sense

There are two possible targets, so they split into two teams: Akame with Lubbock and Bulat with Tatsumi. Mine is injured while Leone is busy stalking Esdeath. I don't know what Najenda is doing though.
The internet is a place where 12-year olds bash 11-year olds for acting like 10 year-olds.
Aug 18, 2014 11:03 AM

Sep 2013
I havent read the manga but my crystal ball tells me Esdeath will fall in love with Tatsumi.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Aug 18, 2014 11:03 AM

Oct 2013
Bulat got a death flag :7

I like how when the antagonists use the same tactics as Night Raid (assasination of political officals) they are immediately considered super evil by the whole cast, they don't realise they are doing the exactly same thing ^.^.
I am a human.
Aug 18, 2014 11:34 AM

Apr 2008
AppoX said:

I like how when the antagonists use the same tactics as Night Raid (assasination of political officals) they are immediately considered super evil by the whole cast, they don't realise they are doing the exactly same thing ^.^.

It's all about WHO is getting killed.
Aug 18, 2014 11:44 AM

Feb 2011
I LOVE ANIKI I HAVE ABOUT FELLING ABOUT THE NEST FIGHT ;_;
Aug 18, 2014 12:06 PM

Jun 2013
One of the weaker episodes so far
Aug 18, 2014 12:16 PM

Apr 2009
This ep. ended too quickly :<
Aug 18, 2014 2:13 PM

Mar 2010
So from the deathflags in this episode I assume Bulat dies next episode
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Aug 18, 2014 2:19 PM

Apr 2013
tigriss said:
Nidhoeggr said:

it is not that i am against deaths but you can kill characters without it being predictable and so early so we can actually get attached to characters so the deaths have an impact on the viewer and aren't just for shock value.

Nidhoeggr said:
xSanox said:

k then i already have an idea who esdese/esdeath will fall for....
Aug 18, 2014 3:08 PM

Oct 2011
Does Bulat pull a

[spoiler]

Kamina like death scene next week T_________T

[Spoiler/]
AnimeFan500Aug 19, 2014 11:59 PM
Aug 18, 2014 4:03 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Lost412151145 said:
Tokoya said:
Looks like they're picking up the pace now since this episode essentially covered 3 chapters...I don't mind it because this pretty much gives me hope that the anime will end on the chapter that I want it to end on

Add 5 chapters

HiddenEL said:
Tokoya said:

Regardless they skipped about 3 scenes....But one of them was kind of included in last week's episode of AgK Theatre...Hopefully the other two can get included somehow later

Sora Amamiya did an amazing job during Akame's emotional scene....Now everyone knows that Akame does have emotions...That scene was very powerful and I too felt pretty sad

The Three Beasts sounds amazing but I expected that considering who their VA's are....River's/Liver's VA is the guy that voiced Alucard in Hellsing and Kotomine Kirei in the Fate Series...The scene where they massacred that political guy and his daughter was brutal

Braht is just perfect and amazing and is just way too cool....Seeing him be the badass that he truly is was so worth it...And dat hype..."128 Man Slayer Braht"

Next episode is when the battle gets really epic and I can't wait to see it animated ^^

Also, my Esudesu-sama~ Why are you so kawaii >//< I'll be your mate :''D

I definitely liked this episode's pacing. xD I definitely want the scene with Bulat to appear as flash back...it's better than nothing. :P

Even though I already knew what's happening next, this episode managed to kept me in suspense. The scene with Akame and Tatsumi was really well done... I immersed myself too much in Tatsumi's character that I totally forgot about Akame's feeling...。:゚(。ノω\。)゚・。 Fortunately, that gave me another moment of "surprise". Haha.

So much suffering for Tatsumi...(not much as Kaneki in Tokyo Ghoul though, lol)

I'm definitely looking forward for the battle next week!
Especially...Incursio's....
^don't click the spoiler if you're not *cough* Tokoya.

And yeah...Liver/River's voice actor...man, that voice.. xD
Leone, I'm relieved that you didn't get tested on Esdeath's torture...
ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=┌(๑ʘ∀ʘ)┘*cough* TOKOYA *wink* *cough*

Btw, did you listen to the full song of skyreach?
I lol'd so hard at the Kaneki thing and all of the hidden implications (I know where you were going with those =P )

But yeah, this episode was pretty good for all of those reasons that you stated

And YESSSSSSSSSSSS I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THIS HAPPEN IN THE ANIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yup.....It's freaking awesome
Aug 18, 2014 5:51 PM

Jul 2013
dekopinn said:
Bulat my man <333

The manga readers are the worst lol.

& tbh if you're complaining about the censorship of the girl getting skinned alive that's pretty messed up :/
Agreed, I would not be able to handle that.

AppoX said:

Night Raid is killing bad guys, the antagonists are killing good guys. It's like saying "Well this guy who killed Hitler was evil because some other guy killed JFK, and they were both political leaders".
MinagatachiAug 18, 2014 5:54 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2014 6:26 PM

Mar 2013
I love Bulat. What a guy.
But hey, I'm glad Esdese it is on scene. I was curious about her.
Aug 18, 2014 7:40 PM
Mar 2014
Guess all that "experience" didn't end up paying off...

Wonder who the guy at the end is - is he from Bulat's flashback? Bulat is now officially my favourite character from this show :D
Aug 18, 2014 7:46 PM

Apr 2008
Raro said:
Guess all that "experience" didn't end up paying off...

Wonder who the guy at the end is - is he from Bulat's flashback? Bulat is now officially my favourite character from this show :D

He is the General that got carted off in Bulat's flashback
Aug 18, 2014 7:46 PM

Apr 2014
Nyau's collection? They omitted one of the main scenes I wanted to see animated?! WHY.

Overall, enjoyed this episode a lot, even though it had fast-pacing.
Nop.
Aug 18, 2014 9:00 PM

Jul 2009
I love the episode, despite being fast paced as hell.

I wonder why Esdeath loves to fall in love as soon as possible O__O

Damn Leon couldn't even touched Esdeath, knowing she is a dangerous person.

I don't know why Tatsumi assumed Akame was cool even though in her heart, she's hurting as hell.

Your really dense and fucking stupid you know that? That's why you still need a lot of experience before trying to assume things.

The Three Beasts looks strong as hell, it seems that Nyau kid really scrapped that girl's face to pieces. DAMN!

Shame they censored it.

Bulat is fucking amazing!! He killed Daidara in one hit!

I knew that guy was Bulat's former boss since they have the same voice the moment they went to flashback :P

I can't wait for the next episode!!!
Aug 18, 2014 9:04 PM

Apr 2013
Bulat is such a BroKing. Just made relic users his bitches (in one move nonetheless). But DAT TWIST. I can already sense the egregious number of flashbacks coming in the next episode. But it will still be an epic finale for sure.
Aug 18, 2014 9:11 PM

Jul 2012
Bulat is about to go to work on the remaining two.

Great episode!!!
Aug 18, 2014 10:51 PM

Feb 2012
I don't read the manga but these kinds of shows, flashbacks and a big focus on one character usually sets up a death flag. So.. how will Bulat die? Tune in next week! Or maybe the week after.

Regardless, hopefully he takes down the other two before dying.
Aug 18, 2014 10:52 PM

Feb 2014
So I just reread some chapters and they really did leave out some important parts.

Read at your own risk, these scenes may appear later on:

I get that they were rushing this episode, but it still annoys me to see things like this get omitted. Next episode I don't think there will be any way for other scenes to be included except for the fight because it's so long and it has a lot of detail on some things. This actually makes me mad because

I'll just give them the benefit of the doubt that they just wanted to rush this episode for the sake of time, but they definitely left out some vital scenes and they may be placed in the anime later on like the intruder sequence, so that actually gives me hope. But where they were placed in the manga just made a lot of sense and putting them in later on might be awkward positioning, but they may be able to pull it off.
LoomyTheBrewAug 18, 2014 11:00 PM
Aug 18, 2014 11:10 PM

May 2012
I'm really surprised that an anime this good is only 8.19. This should be rated at least 8.5. It is easily the best anime in 2014, and it keeps getting better and better

I didn't know that Bulat was this strong. I wonder if he will be able to beat the other remaining Esdeath servants
Aug 18, 2014 11:33 PM

Feb 2014
thepath said:
I'm really surprised that an anime this good is only 8.19. This should be rated at least 8.5. It is easily the best anime in 2014, and it keeps getting better and better

I didn't know that Bulat was this strong. I wonder if he will be able to beat the other remaining Esdeath servants

I wouldn't be too worried about the score. 8.19 and being within the top 300 is great for now. But the real test is when the series ends and the other 40,000 people put in their scores.
Aug 19, 2014 12:22 AM

May 2014
thepath said:

Nope, 8.5 is too high, the only episode i did really enjoyed from the beginning of this series is episode 6. That's it, I also heard that the first arc's adaptation is poor.
8.19 - 8.3 is ok, I gave it 7/10, though.
Aug 19, 2014 12:38 AM

Aug 2013
Solid episode. A bit more rushed than the previous ones, but they were able to cut stuff out without taking away anything from the show, or altering it to the point where it's a butchered piece of shit (cough cough Tokyo Ghoul).

Ugh well next weeks episode:

---btw a lot of anime only people are bitching about spoilers, even spoiler tags. Um, how about you not fucking click them then? It says SPOILER for a reason, so unless you're a masochist...
---also my spoiler does contain a major spoiler, but it might be harder for non-manga readers to pick up on it. It's meant for manga readers to look at, but if you really wanna spoil it for yourself do so at your own displeasure.

khangsk said:
thepath said:

Nope, 8.5 is too high, the only episode i did really enjoyed from the beginning of this series is episode 6. That's it, I also heard that the first arc's adaptation is poor.
8.19 - 8.3 is ok, I gave it 7/10, though.

I have no idea who told you that, but they're either on drugs or full of shit. This is one of the most faithfully adapted shows from the source material that I've seen in a while.
Aug 19, 2014 1:19 AM

Dec 2013
Holy crap! Bulat killed that guy so easily!
Aug 19, 2014 2:40 AM

Aug 2008
I sense death flag for Bulat.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Aug 19, 2014 6:05 AM

Apr 2011
Bulat was fucking awesome killing that guy so fast.
Aug 19, 2014 7:47 AM

Apr 2013
Minagatachi said:
Night Raid is killing bad guys, the antagonists are killing good guys. It's like saying "Well this guy who killed Hitler was evil because some other guy killed JFK, and they were both political leaders".

Sorry to jump in here, but both sides are technically evil. Using killing as a means to get somewhere is an evil act. It is all how history, and the winners tell the story. In this show the protagonists Night Raid, are breaking all the laws in place, and killing government officials (while getting paid to) to bring on a revolution. If they lose this battle they would be known as the "evil people". Although we know they don't.

While the gov't is the antagonists, history will write down their terrible deeds and make sure they are known as villainous people. It is the one thing the show can do great and fail at during the same time.

Also for the record, using the RPG nine alignment system, from what I have seen so far there is only one character that really is in the good alignment, which is Tatsumi, the rest have not been really fleshed out to make a proper idea on what they are on the night raid. Although Bulat might fall closer to lawful good, with his nature shown in this episode, and previous snippets.

While for the gov't the three we have seen so far who are alive fall like this.
Prime Minister: Lawful evil
King: Lawful Neutral
Justice: Lawful stupid
I am starting my own blog now; but you will probably not like it.

https://goodbadotaku.wordpress.com/
Aug 19, 2014 9:14 AM

Jan 2013
Good episode, seeing that guy get cut in half was pretty awesome.
Aug 19, 2014 9:32 AM

Jul 2014
Going by what happens next episode, looks like the Jaegars will be introduced
Aug 19, 2014 10:03 AM
Jun 2013
Tokoya said:
Lost412151145 said:

Add 5 chapters

& second season

Because I don't like cut chapters
JUHABACHAug 19, 2014 10:17 AM
Aug 19, 2014 10:03 AM

Nov 2012
Snokle said:
Minagatachi said:

Sorry to jump in here, but both sides are technically evil. Using killing as a means to get somewhere is an evil act. It is all how history, and the winners tell the story. In this show the protagonists Night Raid, are breaking all the laws in place, and killing government officials (while getting paid to) to bring on a revolution. If they lose this battle they would be known as the "evil people". Although we know they don't.

How they are viewed by the empire is irrelevant, what matters is how they are presented to the expectator watching the anime, and what the anime has portrayed so far, is that Night Raid are fighting for justice and for good.
They are not morally ambiguous.
Aug 19, 2014 10:30 AM

Oct 2013
Next episode should be interesting.

Aug 19, 2014 5:30 PM

Sep 2011
Jonesy974 said:

I have no idea who told you that, but they're either on drugs or full of shit. This is one of the most faithfully adapted shows from the source material that I've seen in a while.

Exactly, compared to most other adaptations this one is pretty damn close to the source material, unexpectedly so. Having read the manga prior to the first episode I really, really thought this show was going to be a disaster because I knew they would cut things out and censor like crazy. I was so pleasantly surprised, unlike Tokyo Ghoul. What Studio Pierrot has done with that adaptation is pathetic.
Aug 19, 2014 5:46 PM

Jul 2012
Uh-oh.....Esdeath.....
She has arrived. :(

OH! And, some more killing and stuff. :3

Yeah, but it turns out that Esdeath's subordinates are framing Night Raid. What a bunch of jerks, I hope they are all killed by Night Raid---- OH WAIT!
It looks like Bulat and Tatsumi encountered them on a boat....and Bulat took down one of the stronger looking members in one, down-the-middle, slice. xD So cool! D:

What's gonna happen next? owo More killing? Possible. Flashback scenes of Bulat and his General? Maybe....
Aug 19, 2014 7:54 PM
Jul 2014
The preview does not look good. I have a very bad feeling.
Aug 19, 2014 8:15 PM
Oct 2010
Jonesy974 said:

---btw a lot of anime only people are bitching about spoilers

People are bitching because the manga readers are giving away too much without using the tags.

Throughout this entire show the manga readers have been either hinting too much or blatantly spoiling things. I don't see why people shouldn't be upset about that.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2014

1209 by Ratris_Decision »»
May 2, 1:31 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1364 by vero231 »»
May 1, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

981 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

471 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Uff...those continuous deaths

S1H2A3N - Mar 17

1 by 7Hunna_Jahmir »»
Mar 26, 2:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.