Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 17, 2014 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally, Esdese and her troops are in the empire.

Also, first time I notice Akame show tears because of what happened with Sheele. Poor Spear-chan...I guess she was at the wrong place at the wrong time. The Three Beasts make their debut and I think their voices are fine so far.

Looks like Tatsumi meets them. ANIKI TIME. They pretty much just build up this episode so I'll expect more from the next one.
Stark700Aug 17, 2014 10:53 AM
Aug 17, 2014 8:27 AM

Apr 2008
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally, Esdese are her troops are in the empire.

Also, first time I notice Akame show tears because of what happened with Sheele. Poor Spear-chan...I guess she was at the wrong place at the wrong time. The Three Beasts make their debut and I think their voices are fine so far.

Looks like Tatsuya meets them. ANIKI TIME. They pretty much just build up this episode so I'll expect more from the next one.

Did they do the Face thing?
Aug 17, 2014 8:36 AM

May 2009
We are getting

Oh, wow, they skipped torture part with
Suzune-chanAug 17, 2014 4:35 PM
Aug 17, 2014 8:45 AM

Apr 2014
Stark700 said:
Looks like Tatsuya meets them. ANIKI TIME. They pretty much just build up this episode so I'll expect more from the next one.
You'd think by episode 7 you'd at least get the protagonist's name right.

Darklight0303 said:
Nah, they removed that part.

Anyway, this was a very rushed episode. They cut a lot of content and covered around 3 chapters as opposed to the usual 1.5. Somehow though it still felt decently handled. Some stuff I'm not too happy they cut, like the danger beast training with Aniki, but other than that it was still coherent and made sense.
Akame's voice actress did a great job with THAT scene, and the voices for the Three sound great.
Looks like next episode is time for Aniki's battle.
Also, Tatsumi looked snazzy as hell in that suit.
Aug 17, 2014 8:56 AM

Jul 2013
Moonchipz said:
Stark700 said:

Darklight0303 said:

Anyway, this was a very rushed episode. They cut a lot of content and covered around 3 chapters as opposed to the usual 1.5. Somehow though it still felt decently handled. Some stuff I'm not too happy they cut, like the danger beast training with Aniki, but other than that it was still coherent and made sense.
Akame's voice actress did a great job with THAT scene, and the voices for the Three sound great.

Im somewhat glad that they're picking the pace up, I have this lingering fear that they're not gonna adapt the esdese fight with all of night raid, based on the pace they're going for the past episodes.
Aug 17, 2014 9:02 AM

Apr 2008
Moonchipz said:
Stark700 said:

Darklight0303 said:

Hmmm guess I'll have to wait and see for myself then
Aug 17, 2014 9:11 AM

Jan 2010
Just great this anime has so much potential hope it will blow away the overated shows
Aug 17, 2014 9:32 AM
Sep 2013
Good episode Bulat showed what he could do. Surprised he was able to kill off one of Esdeath guard so quick. Wonder when Tatsumi going to really step up. Seeing Akame break down the way she did was surprising. Esdeath want to fall in love say what 0.o?
Aug 17, 2014 9:32 AM

Feb 2013
Bulat you beast
Aug 17, 2014 9:35 AM

Apr 2014
Bulat, such man. such love.
Episode 7 and they were already met.

Esdeath, love? Ain't nobody got time for that.
Aug 17, 2014 9:36 AM

May 2013
Good episode. Man Bulat is badass. Nice to see that kind of emotion from Akame. Just shows how deeply she cares of her friends.
Aug 17, 2014 9:39 AM

Mar 2014
Can't wait to see some more Esdese, she's cooler in the manga though.
Aug 17, 2014 9:41 AM

Nov 2013
Good episode, now Esdeath is finally on the scene, can't wait to see more of her. Not really surprised they didn't do the face bit, that was just too disturbing.

Inb4 haters come to nitpick
"Now, let us drink. Let us drink. Drink to the human race. In every age, there will be good humans and bad humans. Human life is too long to devote to reproduction, yet too short to devote to learning, in the helix of time. Perhaps that is why humans succumb to desire and seek release. Despite the fact that life is complete with the sun, the land and poetry." Supreme Leader Diego(Real) (Hunter x Hunter 2011)
Aug 17, 2014 9:41 AM

Apr 2014
Bulat is OP holy shiet
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2014 9:44 AM

May 2012
Bulat is so fucking beast.

Another good episode. Akame showing some feeling about Sheele's death. Esdeath is back in the capital and looking for some love. The three beast brother are pretty hardcore. I mean skinning someone. Tatsumi and Bulat vs the three or should I say two beast brothers. This was just a teaser. The real action comes next episode.

4/5.
Aug 17, 2014 9:44 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Looks like they're picking up the pace now since this episode essentially covered 3 chapters...I don't mind it because this pretty much gives me hope that the anime will end on the chapter that I want it to end on

Regardless they skipped about 3 scenes....But one of them was kind of included in last week's episode of AgK Theatre...Hopefully the other two can get included somehow later

Sora Amamiya did an amazing job during Akame's emotional scene....Now everyone knows that Akame does have emotions...That scene was very powerful and I too felt pretty sad

The Three Beasts sounds amazing but I expected that considering who their VA's are....River's/Liver's VA is the guy that voiced Alucard in Hellsing and Kotomine Kirei in the Fate Series...The scene where they massacred that political guy and his daughter was brutal

Braht is just perfect and amazing and is just way too cool....Seeing him be the badass that he truly is was so worth it...And dat hype..."128 Man Slayer Braht"

Next episode is when the battle gets really epic and I can't wait to see it animated ^^

Also, my Esudesu-sama~ Why are you so kawaii >//< I'll be your mate :''D
TokoyaAug 17, 2014 10:23 AM
Aug 17, 2014 9:47 AM

Nov 2012
Think Tatsumi is about 1000 years too early to join Night Raid.
Aug 17, 2014 9:49 AM

Feb 2014
Well take a look at that - the first episode of Akame ga Kill where I can say that I genuinely enjoyed watching it. Bulat is always nice, so it was good to see him getting some focus as well. Also the first villain that actually didn't come off as ridiculous, Liver actually seems like a likeable fellow. Let's see whether they can keep this up.
Aug 17, 2014 9:54 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
HitsuWTG said:
Well take a look at that - the first episode of Akame ga Kill where I can say that I genuinely enjoyed watching it. Bulat is always nice, so it was good to see him getting some focus as well. Also the first villain that actually didn't come off as ridiculous, Liver actually seems like a likeable fellow. Let's see whether they can keep this up.
Going by your reaction, I don't think that you will be disappointed

I'm glad that you liked the episode though, it's great to see people starting to come around ^^
Aug 17, 2014 10:00 AM

Jan 2012
Tatsumi must have looked so suspicious talking to himself like that with invisible Bulat...
I really find it weird and irritating when characters really talk to themselves too divulging stuffs people shouldn't know...
Aug 17, 2014 10:08 AM

Apr 2014
Well. This episode is exciting too.
Esdeath wants to fall in love and the king suggests the minister lol wtf
For the three, I like their uniform And that little demon with The Scream Teigu's hobby is weird.

Guess whos going to die next week, muahahahaha.
Aug 17, 2014 10:12 AM

Feb 2014
Tokoya said:
HitsuWTG said:
Going by your reaction, I don't think that you will be disappointed

I'm glad that you liked the episode though, it's great to see people starting to come around ^^

Well, I'm going to wait and see. Unfortunately I already know what's going to happen next week (some idiot here on MAL spoiled it a few weeks ago), but eh, I'll see how they execute that event then. Just hope that it doesn't fall back into the pattern of ridiculous villains too soon, though the fact that Seryu is still at large doesn't give me that much hope.
Aug 17, 2014 10:14 AM

Oct 2012
Well it looks like there is finally a villain who isn't absolutely ridiculous but I have a feeling he won't last long unfortunately.
Aug 17, 2014 10:19 AM

Oct 2010
Great episode, even though White Fox rushed through three chapters in this episode. I still applaud them for making this episode consistent. Akame breaking down in tears was surprising and shows how much she cares for her comrades. Esdeath was quite scary with her death stare. Bulat vs. the Three Beasts was awesome. 1 v 3 and he knocked two out and killed one. River's voice was epic. Must be that Kirei syndrome. Can't wait for the battle next episode. One thing I was disappointed on was White Fox not adapting Bulat training and teaching Tatsumi about fighting the forest danger beasts.
Aug 17, 2014 10:22 AM

Aug 2007
Great ep. Esdese trying to fall in love!? Surprised me seem like the typical women working some place they don't have time for that. Nice part with Tatsumi and Akame. Oh man Esdese's henchman are cruel that boy one skin that girl alive!? WTF? Man I didn't really need to see the closeup. Well they didn't go all in detail but sheesh. Main highlight was pretty much Bulat he got some great lines this ep. Also great way he took out all three in that situation. Also got the twist his old general is the enemy now. I'm already excited to see how this fight is going down next ep!

Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 17, 2014 10:25 AM

Apr 2008
DivineTrinity said:
Great ep. Esdese trying to fall in love!? Surprised me seem like the typical women working some place they don't have time for that. Nice part with Tatsumi and Akame. Oh man Esdese's henchman are cruel that boy one skin that girl alive!? WTF? Man I didn't really need to see the closeup. Well they didn't go all in detail but sheesh. Main highlight was pretty much Bulat he got some great lines this ep. Also great way he took out all three in that situation. Also got the twist his old general is the enemy now. I'm already excited to see how this fight is going down next ep!

Sent with Mal Updater

It's worse in the manga. Since that kid actually holds up the girl's peeled off face
Aug 17, 2014 10:26 AM

Jul 2013
Wow that was brutal for Bulat slicing that Beast in half, I just laughed when he did that. I think the next episode will be action pack, so I can't wait for it.

I like the interactions between Aniki and Bro (or Bulat and Tatsumi), they seem like brothers to me XD.

Also it felt rushed compared to the previous episodes, but still a good episode.

Aug 17, 2014 10:27 AM

Jul 2014
Great episode!!! Seeing Bulat kick ass was pretty awesome!!! He took Esdese's three on effortlessly. Can't wait to see if Bulat will be able to take on his formal general or not! In regards to Esdese wanting to find love I felt that was a bit random. Though I can't wait to see how her wanting to find love plays out in future episodes.
Aug 17, 2014 10:28 AM
Jun 2014
Esdese wanted to find a mate hahaha. I bet it tatsumi.
Aug 17, 2014 10:33 AM
Oct 2010
Awesome episode.
Aug 17, 2014 10:34 AM

Aug 2014
bastek66 said:

Oh, wow, they skipped torture part with Esdese, White fox, congratulations, you created shitload of that naziwhore apologists.

As if they could show that on TV anyway. >.> It might be in the uncensored version, though.
Aug 17, 2014 10:37 AM
Oct 2010
Also was anyone else half expecting general Liver to change into a vampire or something? Dude has the same VA as alucard and looks like slayer from guilty gear.
Aug 17, 2014 10:39 AM

Jan 2014
My hunch on Bulat looks like it'll come true.

Also you manga readers sure are bad at hiding spoilers, even with spoiler tags. Not that it bothers me much since l can predict some of these things an episode or two in advance.
Aug 17, 2014 10:42 AM

Jun 2013
Awesome episode, Bulat's imperial arm is pretty damn powerful. Tatsumi still needs lots of training.
Aug 17, 2014 10:46 AM

Aug 2010
Awesome stuff!! Nxt ep is gonna be amazing! And All Dat foreshadowing >.<

Esdeath wanting to fall in love :3 Oh how cute XD Leone doesn't think she's cute though hehe ^^;

Tatsumi being an idiot and making Akame cry :( Glad he punched himself and developed from that.

Nakata Jouji as Liver is awesome :D And that flute was really nice :3

Bulat being BA and owning like a BOSS! Already owning one of them ^^
Aug 17, 2014 10:47 AM

Feb 2014
Really loved the episode, but the next one will be better, that's when the action will go down!
Aniki is strong killing one guy and knocking the other 2 out.
Looks like Esdese is looking for... love? I think it's easy to guess who she will be in love with.
Oh... They censored the scene when Nyau takes off the face of the girl :/
By the way, don't get too attached to the characters it tends to kill everyone we like.
llcruzAug 17, 2014 11:04 AM
Aug 17, 2014 10:52 AM
Jul 2018
It was nice to see a good kind of emotion from Akame, she really cares about her friend.

Bulat was pretty badass at the end of this episode!
Aug 17, 2014 10:53 AM
Aug 2011
This show is too hip for me.
Not even Nakata Jouji can save me from this hipness.
Aug 17, 2014 11:05 AM
Jan 2014
Moonchipz said:
Stark700 said:

Darklight0303 said:

Everything he said. I didn't like how they covered too many manga chapters in this episode and how fast the anime's pacing has become but it definitely makes sense. I just hope they could slow it down a bit in the future. They're losing out on some good scenes. I don't like how the Esdeath torture scene was put in the theatres just for a slight laugh either. It feels just dumbed down to me. Childish, at an adult level. Very unnecessary. Akame's anime currently only has me half as hyped as how I started out, but I'm still riding this out to the end.
Aug 17, 2014 11:07 AM
Jan 2014
A bit bummed out for the omitted scenes and the fast pace. I was really looking forward to Nyau's newest addition to his collection of faces.
Other than that it was a solid episode.

Was really excited to hear Jouji Nakata voice General River, ever since the announcement earlier today. I can never get tired of his awesome voice.

Felt very satisfied when I saw Braht slashing Daidara in half again.
Aug 17, 2014 11:08 AM

Jun 2012
Some more badass Bulat action this episode. Akame's hand-chomp was adorable too.

I don't mind the pacing in relation to the manga too much, but like others have said I'd hope that it does slow down now that things are getting underway.
Aug 17, 2014 11:08 AM
Jul 2018
It was nice episode. Esdeat seems kind of...interesting and hopefully,Bulat won't die,that would be shame.
Aug 17, 2014 11:09 AM

Dec 2011
Akame ga Kill lines makes me laugh so much, they are so cheesy and generic.
Very rushed episode, transitions from one scene to another felt very awkward. Average.
Aug 17, 2014 11:13 AM

Jul 2013
Meh episode. The pacing felt really fast. They cut out quite a lot. The way the scenes transition feels really awkward too. Like the scene with Leone spying on Esdeath, it just felt too sudden. They also cut the part where Esdeath asked for 6 Teigu users which I don't understand. The extra comedy scenes they're adding in is starting to get annoying as well.
Aug 17, 2014 11:15 AM

Jan 2014
heavylobsterguy said:

Also you manga readers sure are bad at hiding spoilers, even with spoiler tags. Not that it bothers me much since l can predict some of these things an episode or two in advance.

This! I already know too much cause manga readers just keep yapping! Even avoiding spoiler tags doesn't help.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Aug 17, 2014 11:16 AM

Jul 2014
Finally more Esdeath, it was a good ep 4/5
Aug 17, 2014 11:19 AM
Jan 2011
Bulat and Gen Liver, do these two knew each other?
Aug 17, 2014 11:20 AM

Apr 2008
Nasty001 said:
Bulat and Gen Liver, do these two knew each other?

I take it you weren't paying attention during Bulat's flashback >_>
Aug 17, 2014 11:22 AM
Oct 2010
uran10 said:
heavylobsterguy said:

This! I already know too much cause manga readers just keep yapping! Even avoiding spoiler tags doesn't help.

I'd suggest avoiding these threads honestly. I don't know why people can't contain their excitement and not spoil or even hint. It's not minor things to, they straight up ridic about it.
Aug 17, 2014 11:27 AM

Jul 2013
Man I hope that psycho kid dies in the most painful way possible. Honestly, skinning a woman alive, what a sick piece of shit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2014

1209 by Ratris_Decision »»
May 2, 1:31 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1364 by vero231 »»
May 1, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

981 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

471 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Uff...those continuous deaths

S1H2A3N - Mar 17

1 by 7Hunna_Jahmir »»
Mar 26, 2:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.