Here you can dicuss the current event

Current event:

Summer event 2014
- Wiki link -

ampzzApr 14, 2016 4:22 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 17, 2014 1:31 PM

Nov 2012
Operation AL was painful as hell to get through. Operation MI was a resource incinerator. I also didn't have enough well-leveled CA for this event, so I spent a couple days grinding them up to decent levels.
Aug 17, 2014 1:55 PM

Aug 2012
I'm fairly new to KanColle (One and a half week) so I haven't really bothered with the event. I reached the boss node once on AL just to see how the exp gain was, pretty shit compared to normal sortie.

But I've read that it's apperently a pain on higher lvl and the other maps.

Aug 17, 2014 2:54 PM

Nov 2012
LOL that was pretty hilarious.

Well if you can, try the first event for Harusame. She is at the very least a good DD for anyone to have.
Aug 17, 2014 3:00 PM

Aug 2012
Meh, nothing wrong with the current DDs I have :P
Aug 17, 2014 10:00 PM

Aug 2010
Rabbiac said:

For me it was all about accuracy at making your fleet composition and its equipment. In spite of what i read on the wiki reports, Al was not THAT hard for me on the buckets and resources department (Ive read some people spent +250 buckets?).

Now i just plan to farm for Amatsukaze and the Yahagi CLs.
Aug 18, 2014 5:29 AM

Aug 2012
Hakurouken said:
Rabbiac said:

For me it was all about accuracy at making your fleet composition and its equipment. In spite of what i read on the wiki reports, Al was not THAT hard for me on the buckets and resources department (Ive read some people spent +250 buckets?).

Now i just plan to farm for Amatsukaze and the Yahagi CLs.

I think it's a bit different for everyone, RNG-sama can be a real bitch at times.
Aug 27, 2014 8:48 AM

Sep 2011
For me it was over after E3. AL was pretty easy, but I think I spend around 10k bauxite in E3. I haven't tried E4 and I won't, but since it's been my first time participating in an event, it was pretty fun, I guess.
Seeing my combined fleet in action and also my rather "weaker" CLs, CA(V)s & DDs was nice too :)
Also got Souryuu and Zuihou + some rare DDs from E2/E3, so it was worth. (Harusame is so cute~)
Finishing E3 was also worth due to the "Skilled Carrier-based Aircraft Maintenance Personal"!
Mai88Aug 27, 2014 9:06 AM
Aug 27, 2014 1:54 PM

Sep 2009
I wasn't planning to try E-6 (after the previous event, I fully expected this to be a toll map for masochists), but I still tried to save all my better ships for MI. And thanks to using relatively low-level ships, AL was a huge pain. I took my time with it, so at least I managed to keep my buckets at the constant level, and I actually increased my resource reserves.

Later on, it was a breeze. E-3 burned bauxite like crazy, but nothing more. E-4 was trivial (thanks to overpowered Akitsu Maru and green shells). E-5 wasn't too bad either, though I was left with 5 buckets and little to no fuel afterwards (but well, I wasn't saving those for later anymore, so I kinda went all-out).

As for the new ships I got 2 Akitsu Maru which is kinda nice, as her equipment is rather handy. I also got a bunch of destroyers. Hatsuharu is very cute, and I really like Hayashimo. Ooyodo might be quite useful too, CL with 4 slots that can equip recon planes definitely sounds good.

My favorite moment of the whole event was during one run on E-1.
I used lvl 34 Naka-chan as a flagship. In the first node, she critted the troll-sub. Twice. Without any ASW equipment and in double line formation, she dealt 15 and 10 damage, sinking it at the beginning of the 2nd shelling phase. Sweet. And right after that, in the night battle node, not only she sunk the CA, but also survived getting hit by BB's double attack, suffering only scratch damage. I don't know how is that even possible. I'll get her to Kai2 as a reward. ^^
PablocAug 27, 2014 1:59 PM
Aug 27, 2014 3:28 PM

Aug 2010
So today, i decided to stop farming E-5 because my bauxite was dropping at a steady pace, and.. ofc because of the lack of amatsukaze (no akashi either). But at least, some new ships acquired: Hamakaze, Urakaze, Mikuma, Suzuya, Kumano (+event girls). E-6 was never in my plans, so i just hit the hime once and never went through that hell anymore. Overall spent more or less 400 buckets, +34k fuel, +35k steel, +38k ammo, +-40k baux. Most of resources and buckets were from farming not from clearing the event itself.

Ships i used for the event:
Aleutian ships:

Midway ships:

E-5 Drops (only S rank ones):

Now im just leveling at E-5 all the new ships. And one good stuff happend, since i was feeling frustrated, i decided to throw what left of resources into LSC and finally got Bismarck at first shot.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Is Kantai Collection a yuri?

yesicant - Nov 17, 2022

0 by yesicant »»
Nov 17, 2022 3:32 PM

» KanColle Membership Cards - Abyssal Edition [OPEN] [NEW!]

ampzz - Jul 5, 2017

19 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 2022 3:17 PM

Sticky: » KanColle Membership Cards - 改 (Kai) Edition [OPEN]

ampzz - Dec 8, 2016

39 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 2022 3:14 PM

Sticky: » KanColle Membership Cards - Second-Press Edition [OPEN]

ampzz - Oct 25, 2016

41 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 2022 3:12 PM

Sticky: » KanColle Membership Cards - 改二 (Kai Ni) Edition [OPEN] ( 1 2 )

ampzz - Dec 17, 2016

54 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 2022 3:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.