Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 17, 2014 1:38 AM

May 2014
Hey, guys so I have been excited about glasslip for a long time, ever since i finished Nagi no Asukara and found out there was going to be a new P.A. Works anime. I actually decided to wait until the series was over to watch it in one go because if its ANYTHING like Nagi no Asukara I would probably punch a few holes in my wall after each episode due to all the cliffhangers and drama. Nagi's ending really hit me hard though, I HATED IT.........but its still my favorite anime of all time. And the reason why I hated it.....

Sooo.......what is your reaction to glasslip so far and do you think it will get better? Also, if you read the spoiler, since i know the characters in both anime are really similar...... Based on predictions do you think i'll like the ending?
Oh yeah PLEASE NO SPOILERS
Aug 17, 2014 2:10 AM

Aug 2013
As of episode 7:

- Character development is non-existent. Don't expect a Hikari-like growth.

- I don't think the writer knows what he/she wants this series to be or where it should go.

- The writing is bad. "Badly written fanfiction" bad. There are some good moments here and there (like Jonathan the chicken) but a lot of the time I find myself cringing...and the cringe stays until the end of the episode.

Okada Mari (NagiAsu) writes over the top drama but at least it makes sense in the long run. This one is just...

But hey, we're only at episode 7. I'm sure (*cough* maybe?) a lot of people are still hoping it'll turn around. I see you gave NagiAsu a 10. If you decide to watch this, I think you should forget about NagiAsu and come in with zero expectations. That'd help a lot. Also, I don't think anyone could predict how it's going to end because nobody knows what the heck is happening to be honest XD
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 17, 2014 2:56 AM

May 2014
Wow, thanks. I guess Ill lower my expectations, and yeah I heard it was kinda of confusing and the anime didn't really explain much about "some future reading" (don't really know too much since i didn't watch it) which is supposed to be a big part of it.

But Im hoping the anime turns around to make up for it at least a little. Nagi no Asukara was good in the beginning but it got amazing a little after the halfway mark.

Any more thoughts guys?
Aug 17, 2014 4:40 AM

Sep 2011
This is definitely not as good as Nagi no Asukara, but it's not as horrible as some other anime either. Being a one-cour anime, it's pretty slowpaced but things are starting to move hahah xD Ah, but try not to compare this to Nagi no Asukara, I think the setting is different. It's like comparing Uchouten Kazoku to Another(There 2 are other anime from PA Works) :3
Anyway, watching this with low exceptations is probably better.
And I'm not really helping alot, just sharing my thoughts along with words making no sense(according to my friends 8D)
Aug 17, 2014 4:44 AM

Mar 2014
It's not good at all in my opinion and I don't think it's going to get better.
The show is already past the halfway point I don't think it's worth watching this if it got some how better.
Aug 19, 2014 8:07 AM

Jul 2008
I had moderately high hopes for the series before it started but now, I think it will continue its poor standard till the end :S

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

441 by oooo3333 »»
Feb 7, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

153 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.