Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 10, 2014 3:57 AM

Aug 2008
Savethebestforu said:
I really hate Inaho's character right now. He has no motivation except to survive. Nothing fazes him and he never treats anything differently. He's just...there. The worst part about it is that since he is mostly the insight we have to the other characters (Calm, Rayet, Inko, ect.), they don't have a lot of opportunities to become characters with his 2 word answers to everything. However, if his character were to undergo a huge transformation that sends him over the edge or somethiing he could be the one that carries the show. But right now it's just the demi-God autist boy and his harem.

Then there is Slaine. Nothing about him as a character is remarkable, but nothing is terrible. The one potential great thing about Slaine though so far is that his personality is very dynamic. He shows a wide variety of emotions and has probably been the least predictable character in the show. I like that even though he has grown up with only 1 person not treating him like trash, he isn't weak and doesn't play the victim. The problem with him right now is he barely has any interaction with any of the main cast.

Slaine>Inaho
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 11, 2014 10:59 AM
Mar 2013
Bluebirds22 said:
Sweanime said:
Inaho and princess is the best. But i think it will be that inaho will die in the end and slaine and princess goes together. Mabey princess even kill inaho at the end :P

I think Inaho will be antagonist for the next season.
noooo inaho T.T it would be interesting thought xD
Sep 13, 2014 3:11 PM

Feb 2014
Inaho has emotions, but we don't get enough emotion out of him. I understand him not being all that expressive. Him keeping a blank face most of the time I can completely understand. It's just that we don't really get any internal dialogue out of him. We need to know more about how he's feeling in certain situations. There also has been no hint at him getting any type of development in the future. At this point we need more foreshadowing as to whether or not Inaho has a past or not, or whether or not he will develop further. There is certainly room for development. One example could be with his motivations. His only motivation right now is to survive right. Well it could go in a direction of whether or not living for the sole sake of survival is a rewarding experience. Or at least something similar to that. At this point however Inaho is being portrayed as perfect in every aspect, so development with him doesn't feel likely.
Slaine on the other hand is above-average. He only has one motivation, which is to save the princess, but it doesn't expand further than that. His actions are honestly the most interesting part about him. It's because of how hopeless his entire situation with saving the princess. His actions are very drastic, but that's all he can really do at this point. He is not stupid like some people on this thread have stated. It's just that his position in the empire is bad to the point where anything he does will end in failure. But in the end it is commendable that he hasn't given up yet. Everybody has been treating him like shit since the beginning and honestly I feel bad for him. That reason alone is probably why people like him so much. Also the whole idea that Slaine's father was involved in Aldnoah research can open up a lot of new plot points in the second half of the series.
So Overall Slaine is the better character.
We need as much lewdness as we can possibly get. ~ Komine Sachi
Sep 13, 2014 4:14 PM

Aug 2012
Slaine is my bae of the season lol
Sep 13, 2014 4:29 PM

Jul 2012
Bakagami_Taiga said:
Slaine is my bae of the season lol
Sep 13, 2014 7:47 PM

May 2012
They're both suck.. Liking those side character more than those MC's..

Sep 18, 2014 9:16 PM

Mar 2012
I like emotionless Inaho more because he's smart and dependable. Although he says it's because of war, I think he actually cares about the princess, Inko, and his aneki. I also consider Slaine to be a childhood friend of the princess, so there's no point rooting for someone who's going to lose out in the end.

Edited: Slaine piece of garbage should've just choked himself with his pendant seeing princess die, but nope he just kills Inaho and leaves that feg in the corner alive. Slaine probably gonna take princess's body to some private place, wash her off and start some necrophilia shit.
ninja88880Sep 20, 2014 12:58 PM
Sep 18, 2014 9:18 PM

Jan 2013
NyuuuuSaaaan said:
Call me an Urobuchi fanboy, but Inaho's weak personality just gets me curious.

urobuchi does not write aldnoah zero.
Sep 19, 2014 2:21 AM
Jul 2014
NyuuuuSaaaan said:

He wrote the base story and the first 3 episodes. He will probably write also the ending episode(s). IIRC.
Also, he clearly stated that the characters aren't how he wanted them to be. Always IIRC.
Sep 19, 2014 4:14 AM

May 2009
type-beta said:
NyuuuuSaaaan said:

He wrote the base story and the first 3 episodes. He will probably write also the ending episode(s). IIRC.
Also, he clearly stated that the characters aren't how he wanted them to be. Always IIRC.

Yes, in his version of story there was only Slaine and princess. Inaho was added by director.
Sep 20, 2014 11:33 AM

Nov 2011
How do you like your Slaine now?! HUH?! He's a fcuking walking disaster!

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Sep 20, 2014 11:35 AM

Apr 2008
linchpin said:

Boy is he ever. Watch him turn on both earth and Mars And then die pathetically on his own sword like he deserves
Sep 20, 2014 11:35 AM

Nov 2012
can i change my vote?
i want to change to inaho.. BECAUSE HE IS FVKING DEAD! hahahaha i like him now
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Sep 20, 2014 11:38 AM

Oct 2013
linchpin said:

But I loved it when he got ntred. He deserved it.
Fcktard.
Sep 20, 2014 12:00 PM

Dec 2013
Nao-kun of course...

On a side note: Orange boy does exist xD
mods are cucks
Sep 20, 2014 12:04 PM

Mar 2013
Untill last episode , both of them. But not Slaine anymore...

Only Inaho now .
Sep 20, 2014 12:07 PM

Mar 2013
I liked Slaine.

LIKED.
'-'

[spoiler]And Inaho is dead (tnks god), so none of them.
Sep 20, 2014 12:09 PM

Dec 2013
CrimsonMoon56 said:

Only Inaho now .

Sep 20, 2014 12:11 PM

Jan 2014
robis798 said:
CrimsonMoon56 said:

Only Inaho now .

Yep, and we will have a season 2 of idiot Slaine running around with imba mech?
Sep 20, 2014 12:14 PM

Jun 2014
I fucking hate Slaine so much .. , Inaho best character this anime season for me
Sep 20, 2014 12:14 PM

May 2012
Pretty sure that bar of Slain will deteriorate.. See there's nothing interesting with that guy..

Sep 20, 2014 12:17 PM

Nov 2012
even after the last episode, i prefer slaine over inaho
oops
Sep 20, 2014 12:23 PM
Mar 2013
Inaho just got Slaine'd.
I'm gonna need a new profile pic.
forkthisshit.jpg
Sep 20, 2014 12:33 PM

Apr 2008
silverwalls said:
oops

So you prefer idiots who only fuck things up for everyone
Sep 20, 2014 12:35 PM

Dec 2013
Darklight0303 said:
silverwalls said:
oops

Slaine is an idiot. But your big love for Inaho doesn't seem one bit smart. I he is just a doll, a waling plot device, brick face. My chair has more emotion than him. Cmon man.
Sep 20, 2014 12:40 PM

Apr 2008
robis798 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Slaine is an idiot. But your big love for Inaho doesn't seem one bit smart. I he is just a doll, a waling plot device, brick face. My chair has more emotion than him. Cmon man.

At least he didn't miraculously get a super powered robot just by hitting the controls when it should not have powered on at all.
Sep 20, 2014 12:42 PM
Sep 2014
Darklight0303 said:
silverwalls said:
oops

its okay for being an idiot who only fuck things up for everyone
at least he is doing smth and not just standing waiting until the episode 12 over
Sep 20, 2014 12:45 PM
Jul 2013
Slaine and Inaho's characters were polar opposites.

Inaho was a character base on an INTJ personality, someone who's emotionally reserved has a natural preference for logic and rational. He solved problems through careful analysis of the situation and logically thought up solutions. Slaine was the exact opposite of Inaho, highly emotional, reactionary, and rarely thinking things through. He was naive from the very beginning and never really grew out of it.

I like Inaho better because he's a rare character, and one the few INTJ based MC's out there. INTJ introverts are a rarity in society and their personality type often flagged as villainous or secretly psychopathic. People who live in the west, the US especially view introversion as some kind of mental disorder or suffering some short of trauma. Inaho I believe is getting the same treatment. Many are thinking that something horrible must have happened to him to make him the way he is. No one few want to believe that it's just how he is. There's nothing wrong with him he's just your stereotypical INTJ, someone whose emotional reserved and prefers logic to acting overly emotional.
Sep 20, 2014 12:58 PM

Nov 2012
v9029 said:
Darklight0303 said:

its okay for being an idiot who only fuck things up for everyone
at least he is doing smth and not just standing waiting until the episode 12 over

like marito
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Sep 20, 2014 12:59 PM

Nov 2012
Inaho vs Slaine is senseless without princess :(
Sep 20, 2014 2:04 PM

Aug 2014
From the first begining i understod that slaine will be the main antagonist. But hwo will be the MC in the next season? Inaho X Hime!! dead end...
Sep 20, 2014 2:09 PM

Dec 2010
-Riptide- said:
Both are awesome although Slaine have thick plot armor.
LOL seriously, wtf? I feel like there've been multiple scenes where Slaine's getting shot at - but then the scene cuts to him getting inside a mecha without a single scratch on him, while the enemy soldiers shoot at everything BUT him and then scratch their heads helplessly.

Anyways, I like Slaine better than Inaho by far. Inaho's apathy is boring for me.
Sep 20, 2014 2:12 PM

Apr 2013
I love how suddenly everybody loves Inaho and hates Slaine. Urobutcher did his job :) People are easily manipulated.
Sep 20, 2014 2:20 PM

Dec 2013
Darklight0303 said:
robis798 said:

At least he didn't miraculously get a super powered robot just by hitting the controls when it should not have powered on at all.

In conclusion - they both suck.
Sep 20, 2014 3:26 PM
Mar 2012
YumeNoMonogatari said:
I love how suddenly everybody loves Inaho and hates Slaine. Urobutcher did his job :) People are easily manipulated.

Not me, unlike many people here, I like competent characters and detest useless ones.
Sep 20, 2014 3:34 PM

Apr 2008
swn32 said:
YumeNoMonogatari said:

Not me, unlike many people here, I like competent characters and detest useless ones.

So you like Inaho then o/
Sep 20, 2014 3:45 PM

Feb 2013
Inaho is more interesting for me

Sep 20, 2014 3:45 PM

Apr 2013
swn32 said:
YumeNoMonogatari said:

Well, between Inaho and Slaine, the latter was the most useless by far. While Inaho defeated multiple Martian mechs, the best accomplishment Slaine has achieved is to get his plane shot down just as many times lol
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Sep 20, 2014 3:53 PM

Jul 2013
Well after ep12 we all know who is better
Sep 20, 2014 3:59 PM

Apr 2008
GGNoodles said:

Not slaine
Sep 20, 2014 4:07 PM
Mar 2012
GGNoodles said:

It took you 12 episodes to realise what a useless piece of shit Slaine was?
Sep 20, 2014 4:20 PM

Aug 2013
YumeNoMonogatari said:

Exactly what I thought. It's funny how people easily change trains. Except if Slaine suddenly change characters and become a huge dick, I still prefer him.

Yeah, he made a terrible decision, one in particular. But I find it boring characters who seem to succeed at nearly everything they do. I didn't hated Inaho, I just felt really indifferent to him. I felt like he was just there to drive the plot and show us some cool stuff. Even his last devellopement with the princess felt unnatural. It was so out of nowhere.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 20, 2014 4:24 PM

Mar 2011
Saying he did a terrible decision would be an understatement to be honest. Thanks to him the princess died.
Sep 20, 2014 4:24 PM
Mar 2012
minouneetzoe said:

Except if Slaine suddenly change characters and become a huge dick, I still prefer him.
But I find it boring characters who seem to succeed at nearly everything they do.

So you find those characters interesting whose only trait is how incredibly stupid they are. I can understand if you dont like emotionless characters, but liking braindead morons, I will never understand that.
Sep 20, 2014 5:27 PM

Aug 2013
swn32 said:
minouneetzoe said:

Except if Slaine suddenly change characters and become a huge dick, I still prefer him.
But I find it boring characters who seem to succeed at nearly everything they do.

So you find those characters interesting whose only trait is how incredibly stupid they are. I can understand if you dont like emotionless characters, but liking braindead morons, I will never understand that.

He wasn't a moron, he was just really unlucky to be fair. He did some stupid decisions, yes, but I don't think killing Inaho was one of them. From our point of view, it is. But we know a lot of thing he didn't knew. Saving the Count was stupid, but I think it could be explained by his trauma of ''Orange'' (I'll explain that later in the post). Let me ask you something : in which way should he had felt empathy toward Inaho? We spectator saw his relationship with the princess from a different way. From his perception, this is the same guy who said that he would ''use'' the princess to save the humanity. The second time he see him, she in the fortress of the enemy (you know, a REALLY dangerous place where you shouldn't normally bring a princess, ya' know?) and she get shot right before his eyes. Let's not see it from a romantic POV, but purely factual. When I ''use'' something, it's not really for the benefit of the said object, it is purely for my benefit.

And here he is, bringing the princess and ''using her'' to desactivate the Aldnoah. Don't get me wrong, they had no other choice, it was the right decision. But you know what Inaho did wrong, exactly when he decided to stand against Slaine? It was to let him live. If he didn't let him live, nothing of that would have happened. He should have listened to Mike advice, ''no more half measures''.

That's the reason I'm not that mad against Slaine nor Inaho. I'm more mad against the writter, who decided to go with some cheap dark twist that wasn't necessary to make a good story. They wanted to go really edgy, the same mistake Code Geass did with Suzaku.
minouneetzoeSep 20, 2014 5:30 PM
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
Sep 20, 2014 5:34 PM

Mar 2009
Slaine is the better character. At least he has a fucking personality.

I'm glad Inaho is dead(even though he probably isn't). He's an emotionless robot and a super genius. How many times have we seen this type of character, and yet people keep eating it up.
Sep 20, 2014 5:39 PM

Aug 2013
Mormegil said:
Slaine is the better character. At least he has a fucking personality.

I'm glad Inaho is dead(even though he probably isn't). He's an emotionless robot and a super genius. How many times have we seen this type of character, and yet people keep eating it up.

What I find hilarious is how people say ''these kind of characters are rare!''
Fu-cking-Se-riou-sly? Neither of them are original nor rare. Both are type of characters that have been used and overused. You can tell me that you love these type of characters, that's good, your tastes. But don't tell me they're rare. The stoic character that get shit done isn't something new, sorry to break your bubble.

Edit : Oh, and since I already see the ''oh yeah?? well names me characters like Inaho!'' reply, I won't bother to name them and just direct you to that page. Sorry people, I'm just too lazy to make you a list or whatever.
minouneetzoeSep 20, 2014 5:59 PM
Sep 20, 2014 5:43 PM

Jul 2013
hahahah slaine is better 214-213
lol
Sep 20, 2014 5:56 PM

Apr 2008
epicm14 said:
hahahah slaine is better 214-213

He isn't
Sep 20, 2014 5:57 PM

Apr 2008
minouneetzoe said:
swn32 said:

He wasn't a moron, he was just really unlucky to be fair. He did some stupid decisions, yes, but I don't think killing Inaho was one of them. From our point of view, it is. But we know a lot of thing he didn't knew. Saving the Count was stupid, but I think it could be explained by his trauma of ''Orange'' (I'll explain that later in the post). Let me ask you something : in which way should he had felt empathy toward Inaho? We spectator saw his relationship with the princess from a different way. From his perception, this is the same guy who said that he would ''use'' the princess to save the humanity. The second time he see him, she in the fortress of the enemy (you know, a REALLY dangerous place where you shouldn't normally bring a princess, ya' know?) and she get shot right before his eyes. Let's not see it from a romantic POV, but purely factual. When I ''use'' something, it's not really for the benefit of the said object, it is purely for my benefit.

And here he is, bringing the princess and ''using her'' to desactivate the Aldnoah. Don't get me wrong, they had no other choice, it was the right decision. But you know what Inaho did wrong, exactly when he decided to stand against Slaine? It was to let him live. If he didn't let him live, nothing of that would have happened. He should have listened to Mike advice, ''no more half measures''.

That's the reason I'm not that mad against Slaine nor Inaho. I'm more mad against the writter, who decided to go with some cheap dark twist that wasn't necessary to make a good story. They wanted to go really edgy, the same mistake Code Geass did with Suzaku.

Problem with that claim is that the princess did not ACT like she was being used. She acted like she cared about Inaho's wellbeing. Slaine was just jealous and possessive. End of story. STop trying to glorify the pathetic wretch
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.